Forum Championship

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Forum Championship

Possible selection of the starting transfer budget such as 150M' date=' 200M, 250M (Default), 300M, 350M and 400M.[/quote']

i genuinley rekon you need to be able to start with alot less..

what about challenge set ups with likes of aberystwyth.. rhyl.. stranraer etc 250 mill to a club like this and set up is ruined..

should be able to start at 10mill imo depending on set up your trying to create.. poss even less :) ..

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Just to answer the questions regarding starting balances. One of the new improvements to Custom Game Worlds is the ability to choose starting balances.

Club starting balance:

• Default balances
  • £10M
  • £20M
  • £30M
  • £40M
  • £50M
  • £60M
  • £70M
  • £80M
  • £90M
  • £100M
  • and so on until £300M

This will be introduced to Soccer Manager shortly.

First team

Landreau 90

Perea 89 Yobo 89 Evra 94

Ibagaza 89

Quaresma 89 Ambrosini 91 Tiago 89 Rodriguez 90

Chamakh 90 Kuranyi 90

Second team

Sergio 89

Squillanci 89 Ignashevich 89 Cris 89

Simplico 89

Dempsey 89 Veron 89 Guti 89 Mauri 89

Eduardo 89 Cacau 89

Third Team

?????????

Rojo 86 Dias 89 Cetin 89

Balmont 89

????????? Senna 89 Engelaar 89 ??????????

Van Nistorooy 89 Aduriz 89

Other players:

Semak 89

D'Agostino 89

Vukojevic 89

De Zeeuw 89

Makoun 89

Shirkov 89

15 89+ CM's :o

Great... you have far too many CMs..... I have not enough.

no wonder I couldn't get any....

:rolleyes:

Just to answer the questions regarding starting balances. One of the new improvements to Custom Game Worlds is the ability to choose starting balances.

Club starting balance:

• Default balances
  • £10M
  • £20M
  • £30M
  • £40M
  • £50M
  • £60M
  • £70M
  • £80M
  • £90M
  • £100M
  • and so on until £300M

hi ste.

i know ive constantly mentioned this as the draft feedback has gone on but i would love you to include a capacity cap..

there was a gameworld called epitome of managerial skills where all capacitys of clubs grounds were set at exact same between all sides involved..

i feel this as an option feature would be awsome in the style of customs that are made where people try pick all clubs to an evenish start point.. challenge style gameworlds 2 test skills of the actual manager..

capacity is a major issue in these style gameworlds as they contribute cash and can spoil a set up of this style as a decent match up between countries.. capacity.. overall rating and squad value is hard 2 find..

a very popular set up from my sm experience so far are the equal club styles :) ..

with this layout.. cash cap.. capacity cap and added rules it would be perfect to start from the off :) ..

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

hi ste.

i know ive constantly mentioned this as the draft feedback has gone on but i would love you to include a capacity cap..

there was a gameworld called epitome of managerial skills where all capacitys of clubs grounds were set at exact same between all sides involved..

i feel this as an option feature would be awsome in the style of customs that are made where people try pick all clubs to an evenish start point.. challenge style gameworlds 2 test skills of the actual manager..

capacity is a major issue in these style gameworlds as they contribute cash and can spoil a set up of this style as a decent match up between countries.. capacity.. overall rating and squad value is hard 2 find..

a very popular set up from my sm experience so far are the equal club styles :) ..

with this layout.. cash cap.. capacity cap and added rules it would be perfect to start from the off :) ..

This is something we won't be introducing at this moment in time. However, it doesn't mean that it won't be introduced, as going forward we want to make Custom Game Worlds more and more customisable.

Club starting balance:

• Default balances
  • £10M
  • £20M
  • £30M
  • £40M
  • £50M
  • £60M
  • £70M
  • £80M
  • £90M
  • £100M
  • and so on until £300M

Hopefully this makes sense:

Will there also be an option to remove the equalisation cash-injection function where a small club gets handed wads of cash when they get promoted to a league with high value clubs?

This auto-balancing can really mess up carefully constructed customs that have deliberately set out to make it difficult for small clubs to stay in a promoted league (see England's Glory for an example).

Guest drseanfitz

This auto-balancing can really mess up carefully constructed customs that have deliberately set out to make it difficult for small clubs to stay in a promoted league (see England's Glory for an example).

It absolutely killed Englands Glory

300 million maybe would be better starting budget

Or maybe you should spend your money more wisely, rather than blow 26M on Jan Vertonghen :D

Personally, I'd love to see big-name clubs starting with tiny budgets so you can't make the glory signings right out of the gate. Make it so it's a race to see who can afford to sign Messi first, rather than auctioning him off to the highest bidder.

Or maybe you should spend your money more wisely' date=' rather than blow 26M on Jan Vertonghen :D

Personally, I'd love to see big-name clubs starting with tiny budgets so you can't make the glory signings right out of the gate. Make it so it's a race to see who can afford to sign Messi first, rather than auctioning him off to the highest bidder.[/quote']

Vertonghen is great player next Zanetti,we had world were u start with 70 players,but then u need 10 seasons to get big stars this is fast enough,still i think those teams with 2 and 3 stars theirs managers will quit soon,i am satisfied with my team,but wanna have all possible stars like united Real,Barca,Inter,Bayern,Juve,Roma,BvB,Milan,Ajax,Shakthar,Kiev,Cska etc:)

my olympiacos have 35 players..

20 first team 15 4 cups :) ..

rekon i bottled build but did really wana test build how i would have played this properly.. would deffo strategise diff next time i was involved in 1 but still my strategy was everythin i wanted.. did exactly wot it was set out 2 do :) ..

have a question for you..

is there no possible way to set the custom so that you can deal more than 3 times with 1 club..

if this isnt possible the template for draft creations is rubbish in the sense that you will only be able to use the same top end sides to free up there players in the process.. wiout inclusion of top clubs this will no doubt mean they will be external..

the no more than 3 player deal from clubs must be removed for customers who chose to use this template for further games and want to use sides away from the top end of the game :) ..

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

I know this is obviously a test set-up' date=' however does anybody have an idea of how long this will last for?

Cheers[/quote']

We currently have no plans to close this Game World and it should remain open for the foreseeable future. In fact we may even introduce another feature for managers within this Game World to test in the next day or two.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

We are happy to announce that we have introduced Soccer Manager Chat in both SM Westgate and Forum Championship. Have a play around and offer your feedback along with any problems etc within this thread.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

How do you access the chat? :confused::o

If you are in either SM Westgate or the Forum Championship you will see it in the bottom right of your screen.

We are happy to announce that we have introduced Soccer Manager Chat in both SM Westgate and Forum Championship. Have a play around and offer your feedback along with any problems etc within this thread.

I've been promoting and asking for a long while to bring in some sort of chat system into the game. This feature IMHO could turn out to be one of the best, if not better(to date) things SM has brought in for many-a-year.

The interaction now between managers will hopefully take things to a new level with deals, offers and counter-offer being speeded up no end.

Good job SM!

However, saying that the chat system has slowed down the loading of SM/team pages, making it appear laggy/chunky. Normally new features like this for me, until they settle down do make the interface/team pages very slow loading and after a few days the normal loading speed is back to full speed.

I can see it but I don't want to - I hate always-on-top "bars" on websites that interfere with the content I am trying to view.

I can see that it is nicely off to the side on a widescreen 1920x1080 display, but on my Mac with 1440x900 resolution it is overlapping the main part of the window. On my netbook with 1024x600, it's horrible.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

I can see that it is nicely off to the side on a widescreen 1920x1080 display' date=' but on my Mac with 1440x900 resolution it is overlapping the main part of the window. On my netbook with 1024x600, it's horrible.[/quote']

What browser are you using and would it be possible to post a screenshot?

i can't see it !
I can see it but I don't want to - I hate always-on-top "bars" on websites that interfere with the content I am trying to view.

I can see that it is nicely off to the side on a widescreen 1920x1080 display' date=' but on my Mac with 1440x900 resolution it is overlapping the main part of the window. On my netbook with 1024x600, it's horrible.[/quote']

Mine is working fine. I am currently testing it on Linux Mint OS and it is working, though I usually use Windows or Mac OS. I am also using the latest Firefox.

I have to say that this chat is quite the addition. I think it will change the way SM is played from here on out (in a positive way!). It will change the way transfers are conducted and how the community interacts.

So far, I've had no problem with the chat system. I've had successful communications with some other users like drseanfitz and timesle. I will post an update if anything comes up.

Overall, a big applause is due for the SM staff for implementing this whole other dimension to the game.