SPL risers

marty111

Re: SPL risers

Do you mean the rest of them? Sorry I've been too lazy to do them. There pretty hard to do anyway as they haven't been done for years and you have 84 rated players in the Third Division. For example on Sm Elgin have 9 players who are there in real life and some of our best players aren't on the game. I did 5 teams in the first division as I felt there was a lot of good risers in it. They're on page 4.

yes thats what i meant.

i will check out the 5 1st div teams thanks.

Clark will be lucky to get a 70-71 as he has been rubbish to be honest and has only scored one goal against weaker opposition in the cup. We were relegated this season and i can't see him being kept on. He was one of Gus MacPhersons poor signings.

Oh. Thanks for that. I thought he looked quite good. I won't sign him then.

Oh. Thanks for that. I thought he looked quite good. I won't sign him then.

Nicky Clark has signed on again at the club but with his dad Sandy recently appointed as the assistant manager it was a stick on that his son would be kept on. He might do better in the second division but i still think he's pretty guff!

mate if you list them on here in a nice format ie

Thornhill > hibs

Kello > ????

Balogh > ????

etc i will set about doing them for ya.

use the thread to make a list of all players you want editing and i can do them for ya. for a good example' date=' see my Slovakia/Slovenia threads (link below), hench work but effective..

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=1751419&postcount=8[/url]

The Guardian newspaper online is surprisingly good for Scottish premier teams and minutes it could be helpful but with no doubt a bundle of players becoming out of contract as the season has closed it might be better to wait until new contracts are all done and dusted for the upcoming season.

http://guardian.touch-line.com

Can anyone tell me about Ryan McGowan from Hearts? In the first page he is predicted to raise into 80+.

Is that his all potential?

Thanks.

Here are his stats:

Ryan McGowan D 1989 Australia starts:23 subs:5 minutes:2247 goals:2

Hearts are sort of capped at 84 rated so with him being just 78 there is room for more[80-82], Hearts are in the Europa League qualifying so that may help with a wee rise again after his initial rise.

Here are his stats:

Ryan McGowan D 1989 Australia starts:23 subs:5 minutes:2247 goals:2

Hearts are sort of capped at 84 rated so with him being just 78 there is room for more[80-82]' date=' Hearts are in the Europa League qualifying so that may help with a wee rise again after his initial rise.[/quote']

That will do. :D

Btw from what spot is Champion League football and what is Europa League spot in Scottish League?

Is it CL 1-2 and 3-4 for EL? (and is Rangers still in 2nd place after the administration)?

Btw from what spot is Champion League football and what is Europa League spot in Scottish League?

Is it CL 1-2 and 3-4 for EL? (and is Rangers still in 2nd place after the administration)?

1st-2nd =CL

3rd-4th=EL

But this season Rangers are in Administration so they are left out of Europe so it just jumps down a place[1ST & 3RD CL] and Hearts already qualified for EL by the Scottish Cup so 6th place St.Johnstone get EL.

First and second get into the Champions League but as Ranges are in administration the are not allowed in Europe so Motherwell are in instead. Normally 3rd will be in the Europa League as well as the winners or runners up of the Scottish Cup. This year it's 4th and 5th in the Europa League.

1st- Celtic (Champions League)

2nd- Rangers (nothing)

3rd- Motherwell (Champions League)

4th- Hearts (Europa League)

5th- St Johnstone (Europa League)

I don't if Killie are in the Europa League after winning the League cup but I doubt they are. Also McGowan will hit at least 80 and should reach 81. he should also get a positional change to Rb/Lb.

1st-2nd =CL

3rd-4th=EL

But this season Rangers are in Administration so they are left out of Europe so it just jumps down a place[1ST & 3RD CL] and Hearts already qualified for EL by the Scottish Cup so 6th place St.Johnstone get EL.

What about Dundee? Nothing for them next season?:confused:

Or

CL - Celtic + Motherwell

EL - Dundee + Hearts + St. Johnstone.

Edit: Saw Marty's post. Where is Dundee?

First and second get into the Champions League but as Ranges are in administration the are not allowed in Europe so Motherwell are in instead. Normally 3rd will be in the Europa League as well as the winners or runners up of the Scottish Cup. This year it's 4th and 5th in the Europa League.

1st- Celtic (Champions League)

2nd- Rangers (nothing)

3rd- Motherwell (Champions League)

4th- Hearts (Europa League)

5th- St Johnstone (Europa League)

I don't if Killie are in the Europa League after winning the League cup but I doubt they are. Also McGowan will hit at least 80 and should reach 81. he should also get a positional change to Rb/Lb.

Sorry that's wrong. Dundee Utd- 4th, Hearts-5th and St Johnstone-6th. Killie won't be in the Europa League then.

If anyone has Derek Riordan (although I don't know why anyone would want to let that scum anywhere near their team even if it is on sm) then sell him quick. If SM do his rating in Scotland then he should drop by by at least 5. I don't where he'll be rated as he may have been released. I've edited some players and teams and taken a few Hibs players off. Jamie Masson mmight be a good buy as although he will only rise by 1 he could break into the team next year after getting a goal, 3 games off the bench and a start at the end of last season.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When the SPL changes eventually happen (seems like forever) there will be a few good risers in the Celtic squad. The following are good buys for managers looking for decent risers:

Tony Watt (Must Buy, due a big rise)

Victor Wanyama (Worth snapping up, currently 83 will rise to 85-86)

Adam Mathews (Currently 83. Should rise to 85)

Efe Ambrose (Currently 80. Getting games and should rise to atleast 84)

Sorry that I've left this thread without updating it but with the whole Rangers issue and Sm leaving the ratings it was very hard to do. I don't know how Sm see Scottish football right now and despite Celtic's fantastic European performances and the fact that they've struggled at times domestically, I still think Sm will rate the SPL very lowly. Rather than giving you every player who has a chance oof rising, I will give you those who you can make some money off, either high rated players getting +1 or 2 or low rated players getting big rises. Younger players who might be worth getting will also be added.

Aberdeen-

Cammy Smith St 17 73-76

Ryan Fraser W 18 75-78

Jonny Hayes W 27 80-82

Celtic-

Fraser Forster Gk 24 86-87

Adam Matthews Rb 20 83-85

Kelvin Wilson Cb 27 83-84

Charlie Mulgrew Cb 26 85-86

Efe Ambrose Cb 24 80-83

Victor Wanyama Dm 21 83-86

Joe Ledley Cm 25 86-87

Dylan McGeouch W 19 75-77

Tony Watt St 18 72-78

Gary Hooper St 24 86-87

Dundee-

Kyle Benedictus Cb 21 73-77

Declan Gallagher Cb 21 72-74

Lewis Toshney Cb 20 75-77

Nicky Riley W 25 75-77

Dundee United-

Gavin Gunning Cb 21 78-82

Gary Mackay-Steven W 22 75-82

Stuart Armstrong Cm 20 77-80

Richie Ryan Cm 26 76-78

Johnny Russell St 22 82-83

Jon Daly St 29 82-83

Hearts-

Jamie MacDonald Gk 26 78-80

Ryan McGowan Rb 23 78-82

Callum Patterson Rb 18 75-78

Scott Robinson AM 20 78-80

Arvydas Novikovas Am 21 78-80

Dale Carrick St 18 75-77

Hibs

Ben Williams Gk 30 78-80

James McPake Cb 28 80-82

Gary Deegan Cm 25 79-81

Paul Cairney CM 25 76-79

Tom Taiwo Cm 22 77-79

Eoin Doyle St 24 76-79

Danny Handling St 18 75-77

Leigh Griffiths St 22 80-82

Inverness Caley-

Reguero Gk 30 75-77

Greame Shinnie Lb 21 78-80

Josh Meekings Cb 20 75-78

Gary Warren Cb 28 67-76

Aaron Doran W 21 78-80

Andrew Shinnie Cm 23 78-80

Ross Draper CM 24 72-77

Shane Sutherland St 22 76-78

Phillip Roberts St 18 75-78

Billy McKay St 24 73-78

Kilmarnock-

Rory McKewon Lb 19 77-79

Mark O'Hara Def 16 70-73

Danny Racchi Cm 24 70-75

James Dayton W 23 78-80

Rory McKenzie St 19 73-76

Motherwell-

Darren Randolph Gk 25 82-83

Adam Cummins Cb 19 75-77

Fraser Kerr Cb 19 75-77

Simon Ramsden Cb 30 70-76

Shaun Hutchinson Cb 21 80-82

Zaine Francis-Angol Lb 19 75-77

Stuart Carswell Cm 20 75-78

Steven Hetherington CM 19 73-75

Nicky Law W 24 78-81

Omar Daley W 31 76-79

Henrik Ojamaa ST 21 77-81

Michael Higdon St 29 82-83

Ross County-

Stuart Kettlewell Cm 28 75-78

Scott Boyd Cb 26 76-78

St Johnstone-

Allan Mannus Gk 30 78-80

Steven Anderson Cb 26 79-81

Nigel Hasselbaink St 21 79-81

Gregory Tade St 26 78-81

St Mirren-

Paul Dummett Lb 21 75-77

Marc McCausland Cb 24 79-81

Kenny McLean Cm 20 78-80

Jon Robertson Cm 23 72-76

Graham Carey W 23 78-80

Lewis Guy St 27 76-79

Sam Parkin St 31 76-78

Thomas Reilly St 18 75-77

Tony Watt deserves a rise to around 83-84 right now, he's a tremendous young striker, who at just 18, has everything. Strength, pace, power, poise, and is a great finisher.

I expect though, he'll only get a rise to the late 70s at best, which would be a travesty, but no more than you come to expect from the English bias on here :P

Tony Watt deserves a rise to around 83-84 right now' date=' he's a tremendous young striker, who at just 18, has everything. Strength, pace, power, poise, and is a great finisher.

I expect though, he'll only get a rise to the late 70s at best, which would be a travesty, but no more than you come to expect from the English bias on here :P[/quote']

You're right, but it has nothing to do with an 'english bias' (:rolleyes:), more to do with the fact the SPL is, unfortunately, a very weak league these days therefore you need to do well for more than just 8 games (and he hasn't started half of those) to get into the 80s (although I do think he has an outside chance of 80, being a Celtic player). As impressive as scoring against Barcelona was, that one 19 minute appearance doesn't alter the fact all his other goals were against Inverness, St Mirren and Dundee Utd, hardly the strongest teams.

He'll need to complete a full season, and do well, to get up to the next level of 82-85, which would already make him a very strong player in Scotland, as he would have reached the cap for non Celtic players in the SPL.

You're right' date=' but it has nothing to do with an 'english bias' (:rolleyes:), more to do with the fact the SPL is, unfortunately, a very weak league these days therefore you need to do well for more than just 8 games (and he hasn't started half of those) to get into the 80s (although I do think he has an outside chance of 80, being a Celtic player). As impressive as scoring against Barcelona was, that one 19 minute appearance doesn't alter the fact all his other goals were against Inverness, St Mirren and Dundee Utd, hardly the strongest teams.

He'll need to complete a full season, and do well, to get up to the next level of 82-85, which would already make him a very strong player in Scotland, as he would have reached the cap for non Celtic players in the SPL.[/quote']

Just noticed that gary mackay-steven just got a +5 to 80, this is the reflection of how low rated SPL is to SM. I think there is no way Watt gets a 80, unless the celtic effect is really massive.

Just noticed that gary mackay-steven just got a +5 to 80' date=' this is the reflection of how low rated SPL is to SM. I think there is no way Watt gets a 80, unless the celtic effect is really massive.[/quote']

I did say 'outside chance';), 78 is the realistic maximum.