aka

Gabigol

Nationality: Brazilian

Date of birth: 30.08.1996

Club: Santos

Position: AM/F

Rating: Not On DB

Potential meter: 10/10

Gabriel was spotted as a 7 year old playing Futsol for Sao Paulo. In his 2 season's playing this version of the game, Gabriel scored over 100 goals and it was in one of these games where Santos sat up and took notice, after Gabriel had demolished his future employers side by scoring 5 goals against them.

Inter Milan have already been monitoring his movements at the young age of 10 years old, but Gabriel wants to learn more at Santos before moving. An old head on young shoulders?

More recent Gabriel was given the #10 jersey at the under 15 World Cup, a competition where he was the star player and scored 6 times for his country.

In his 6 years with Santos, Gabriel has scored over 400 times in both Futsol and the full game for his current club, and has been a major part in Santos winning youth titles.

Santos coach Emerson recently said the following.

"We work so that he can become a great player, but the main thing he has is talent. We are trying to show him the importance of learning issues in the game, such as the tactical parts, and the technical. The rest he already has. He knows how to score a few. The big advantage is to not be afraid of making mistakes. He's a boy who knows how to play easy, with simple moves, but he can also leave room for individuality.

For positioning, he could be compared to Ganso. But his finishing makes him a little closer to Neymar and Robinho. Ganso is a playmaker, while Gabriel is more of a goalscorer. Ganso comes to the attack a little and creates more. It's a mixture. Of course it is hard to say today that Gabriel may have both characteristics, but Ganso has the positioning and quality that sets him apart from Neymar and Robinho."

Gabriel is also a confident person too. When asked who he would compare himself to his fast response was "Messi."

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gabriel+santos&aq=0&oq=gabriel+sant

Re: Gabriel Barbosa Almeida - Brazil's Next Big Thing

125 views and nothing.

Oh well. I'll keep HUGE talents quiet in future. Dont get how Thorgan Hazard got so many replies, yet this kid, who has the ability to be as good as Messi or Ronaldo, and this thread gets nothing.

Typical SM. If your name isn't recognised, like Spam or Insider etc you dont get the replies.

Mate first of all kudo's for the find' date=' 400 goals in 6 years and 6 goals at a World Cup does sound very impressive!

But then again I have to take the kudo's for your annoying second reply :rolleyes:

Take it easy..[/quote']

I just didn't get how Thorgan Hazard, who i think has been massively overhyped on here got the replies he did, when alot in Brazil are saying that this player is going to be better than Neymar, Ganso and Lucas, and this thread hasn't really taken off.

I didn't mean it to sound like i was having a go at Insider or Spam. I like their posts. Just annoys me how a star like this can be ignored. I might have to PM Insider and get his knowledge put on here then we will have lift off :D

thing is, to many brazilian 'wonderkids' get mentioned and nothing comes of them. this guy, who is outstanding at futsal, will probably make a career of exactly that. have you seen who else is at santos? more hyped players such as Jean Chera - who has now been sold on as he wasnt getting the chances so he has gone to Italy to try to break out, Felipe Anderson & Tiago Alves, both who are in the first team squads this season. and Neymar is still there. The guy is so far down the order anything could happen to him.

guys who make the grade at national league level are your ones to tell the forum about.

at least if he does make it, you can claim you announced him to the forum.

but i cant see what your griping about, your basically demanding 'rep'..which as you probably know is pretty much frowned upon.

i did the thread on Bruno Cortes, yes people have commented but he is a good find. a regular starter, now a international, but in no way do i want rep points (and in that case i havent received any btw)

what im trying to say is that i get satisfaction from telling forumers about a new talent, not about comments & rep points.

Hi JMH,

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't care about the repping business to be totally honest. 2 years ago on here there were plenty asking to be repped and as you say, it was frowned upon. Why would you want repped anyway? Its a bit childish is it not?

Thanks for Cortes btw. Bid is now in for him :) I just thought out of 125 views 1 comment wasn't to much to ask for, after all it took me about an hour of my time to do the full post. I'd like people to talk about him, question's etc. Rather than just look and not say anything.

Maybe in a year or two time we will be discussing Gabriel alot more. As you say, a great Futsol player, but i believe he has been captured young enough to transform him into a footballer unlike Mythiue (spelling is wrong i know, cant remember his name though).

Hi JMH' date='

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't care about the repping business to be totally honest. 2 years ago on here there were plenty asking to be repped and as you say, it was frowned upon. Why would you want repped anyway? Its a bit childish is it not?

Thanks for Cortes btw. Bid is now in for him :) I just thought out of 125 views 1 comment wasn't to much to ask for, after all it took me about an hour of my time to do the full post. I'd like people to talk about him, question's etc. Rather than just look and not say anything.

Maybe in a year or two time we will be discussing Gabriel alot more. As you say, a great Futsol player, but i believe he has been captured young enough to transform him into a footballer unlike Mythiue (spelling is wrong i know, cant remember his name though).[/quote']

ah well you got something good from the post (cortes :P)

sure he could become something, but he could be another Lulinha/Kerlon/Kerrison you know the story... all we can say is look back in 5 years time!

Brilliant thread mate, and I understand your frustration for not getting many views/responses.

I'll be totally straight with you, I probably spend 99% of my forum-time on the tactics section, because I'm looking for help and tips for the next game.

I agree about Gabriel.

I signed him when he was rated 78, and he was very cheap - as you would expect when someone's 16-17 with a rating like that.

I've held onto him and now he's 84.

Keep up the good work

I might have to PM Insider and get his knowledge put on here then we will have lift off :D

Erm, yes. Good player. I, erm, believe he will be a regular for Santos before he, erm, grows out of his teenage years and will, erm, score tons of goals.

Not at all late to the party here. :D