Sign in to follow this  
Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Offer Club

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Within Club List there is a new tool, Offer Club, which you can use to invite your friends to come and join you in your Game World. Simply click on the Offer Club link to open the popup and then either offer the available club to a friend who is not currently playing Soccer Manager or to a friend on your Friends List.

Re: Offer Club

Ste

Noticed this in August and thought it was a great addition but I have since flagged in a few threads that while it allowed me to invite three people that subsequently didnt sign up it will not allow me invite any more. It gives me a message stating that I can only invite three people at a time to a game world although there are no pending offers from me.

If you can lift the restriction in inviting or allow any offers that dont accept to expire after 30 days it will allow us offer others. I have got about 7 or 8 people to join over the last year or two and am actively pushing others to joing and this would make it easier.

Is there any way of getting a screenshot of the message the person receives, i'm hoping its something interesting or eye catching along the lines of the below with a subject line of "Tottenham offer Joe Bloggs managerial contract"

"The Tottenham Hotspur board have decided, following resignation of their former manager, to offer you a contract to manage the team in English Championship 4132. The Tottenham board have instructed me that X funds will be at your disposal."

Along with the usual blurb in relation to soccermanager.com and how to register

As soon as a club is offered, then no one else can offer that club and the offer may not ever be accepted or declined. I have a friend waiting to join my GW but all the unmanaged clubs have been offered, but not accepted. It's been ages too.

Another problem is suddenly, the Man U job is declined and someone else grabs the club straight away. That's ok, but there was no chance for others to apply!

It would be better if the club could be offered to many people and the first one to accept gets it, or the one with the highest rating has first choice or something, but there must be a time limit of 1-3 days maximum if not accepted, then offer withdrawn.

i think this is by far the most idiotic, dumbest feature of SM by far. my brother just tried to leave a club (wigan) to take a chelsea (his favorite team in the world) club, because i told him it was unmanaged and he could just take it as long as he left wigan because you (obviously) aren't allowed to have two clubvs in one league. however, we noticed that chelsea said "offered to another manager" and so he could not take control. upon seeing this, he tried to take his own wigan club back, only to realize his own club had been "offered away" by default and he could not re-take control. he is now screwed out of a team and it was the last team to manage left in a league where all of our friends are playing.

we also came to the realization that he will probably not ever be able to get either of these teams (at least his original wigan team) back because of how this "offering" system is designed.

this feature needs to be removed and you need to be able to re-take control of your old clubs previously managed without offering by default. this whole system is horrendous. that's my two cents. i'm sure this has happened to many others that have just been too lazy to voice opinions on the forums and/or make an account to do so.

please e-mail me with any possible fixes for this situation. :mad::mad::mad:

i think this is by far the most idiotic' date=' dumbest feature of SM by far. my brother just tried to leave a club (wigan) to take a chelsea (his favorite team in the world) club, because i told him it was unmanaged and he could just take it as long as he left wigan because you (obviously) aren't allowed to have two clubvs in one league. however, we noticed that chelsea said "offered to another manager" and so he could not take control. upon seeing this, he tried to take his own wigan club back, only to realize his own club had been "offered away" by default and he could not re-take control. he is now screwed out of a team and it was the last team to manage left in a league where all of our friends are playing.

we also came to the realization that he will probably not ever be able to get either of these teams (at least his original wigan team) back because of how this "offering" system is designed.

this feature needs to be removed and you need to be able to re-take control of your old clubs previously managed without offering by default. this whole system is horrendous. that's my two cents. i'm sure this has happened to many others that have just been too lazy to voice opinions on the forums and/or make an account to do so.

please e-mail me with any possible fixes for this situation. :mad::mad::mad:[/quote']

this is very annoying:rolleyes: you will have to wait 5 days till either the chairman offers the job to someone else or it is left open:(

i think this is by far the most idiotic' date=' dumbest feature of SM by far. my brother just tried to leave a club (wigan) to take a chelsea (his favorite team in the world) club, because i told him it was unmanaged and he could just take it as long as he left wigan because you (obviously) aren't allowed to have two clubvs in one league. however, we noticed that chelsea said "offered to another manager" and so he could not take control. upon seeing this, he tried to take his own wigan club back, only to realize his own club had been "offered away" by default and he could not re-take control. he is now screwed out of a team and it was the last team to manage left in a league where all of our friends are playing.

please e-mail me with any possible fixes for this situation. :mad::mad::mad:[/quote']

Simple answer, CHECK that the new club hasn't been offered to someone else first. And I believe they are talking about a different form of offering for your own custom game world.

Within Club List there is a new tool' date=' Offer Club, which you can use to invite your friends to come and join you in your Game World. Simply click on the Offer Club link to open the popup and then either offer the available club to a friend who is not currently playing Soccer Manager or to a friend on your Friends List.[/quote']

I've noticed that this feature can be abused and is being abused in gold championship 138.

There are 2 friends in this GC Rajbir Don(Inter) & Simon Billing(Santos) and they both have a friend called Jasdeep Uppal.....so what happens is Anderlecht become available Inter bid on unmanaged Courtois 88 then immediately offer the club to his mate J.Uppal (which prevents any other offers being made)he then ignores this job offer for around 5 days and then as soon as the time limit is up the offer for courtois is immediately accepted & completed at the same time I saw this happen with my own eyes on 15/11/12.

I thought this was odd and very unfair as no other manager could bid on Courtois.

The very next day Andre Schurrle becomes available at unmanaged Aston Villa Santos bid on him and again immediately offer the team to......you guessed J.Uppal these 3 managers have clearly found a loophole and have been Cheating and are Cheats and this loophole needs closing asap.

I've noticed that this feature can be abused and is being abused in gold championship 138.

There are 2 friends in this GC Rajbir Don(Inter) & Simon Billing(Santos) and they both have a friend called Jasdeep Uppal.....so what happens is Anderlecht become available Inter bid on unmanaged Courtois 88 then immediately offer the club to his mate J.Uppal he then ignores this offer for around 5 days and then as soon as the time limit is up the offer for courtois is immediately accepted & completed at the same time I saw this happen with my own eyes on 15/11/12.

I thought this was odd and very unfair as no other manager could bid on Courtois.

The very next day Andre Schurrle becomes available at unmanaged Aston Villa Santos bid on him and again immediately offer the team to......you guessed J.Uppal these 3 managers have clearly found a loophole and have been Cheating and are Cheats and this loophole needs closing asap.

I don't entirely understand the story but I supppose you had raised a report ticket to SM for this :)

There are 2 friends in this GC Rajbir Don(Inter) & Simon Billing(Santos) and they both have a friend called Jasdeep Uppal.....so what happens is Anderlecht become available Inter bid on unmanaged Courtois 88 then immediately offer the club to his mate J.Uppal (which prevents any other offers being made)he then ignores this job offer for around 5 days and then as soon as the time limit is up the offer for courtois is immediately accepted & completed at the same time I saw this happen with my own eyes on 15/11/12.

i fully understand what you mean as i have seen it in other games worlds. have you reported this as a bug or listed it as multiple accounts, as far as i can see the 2 managers have created a new account and use it as a filler account, check if the managers are in any other leagues together no doubt they will be and they will be using the same trick(cheat)