Underperforming team

Re: Underperforming team

It's a very very interesting theory and one that I have never heard of before. I'm not trying to argue with you or put down your idea; if that's what you feel I am terribly sorry. You've told me the type of player needed but haven't yet explained how that was derived. I don't suppose you actually know how the engine works' date=' or do you? :P Just want to know how you arrived at that concept. You're the first person to bring it up, really. :)

Pretty sure a lot of others would like to hear you out too. Especially since it apparently has a notable impact on the match, considering Martinez is picked ahead of Kompany. But for explanations' sake could we use Martinez and maybe Moutinho?

Cheers mate![/quote']

It's ok mate no worries. I have moutinho myself and I play him the left of the 3. I have Alonso as the playmaker.

It's ok mate no worries. I have moutinho myself and I play him the left of the 3. I have Alonso as the playmaker.

Thanks but I wasn't really asking how to play Moutinho. :/

More of how playing Moutinho and Martinez (both rated 91 but Martinez has the extra CB role) in the playmaker position will yield different results, as well as how you arrived at the idea that they play differently. :)

Thanks but I wasn't really asking how to play Moutinho. :/

More of how playing Moutinho and Martinez (both rated 91 but Martinez has the extra CB role) in the playmaker position will yield different results' date=' as well as how you arrived at the idea that they play differently. :)[/quote']

Experience. I'm not making it all up on the fly mate.

Not saying you're making it up but you don't seem to want to elaborate much about this; not offering any details or cases. So yeah thanks anyway. :/ I'll go find out if it works myself then. Cheers!

I've tried moutinho and meireles there and lost games or conceeded rather than keep a clean sheet. I pride myself on the fact I can go seasons hardly conceeding double figures. I took it as the fact that they are just CMs they aren't providing adiqute defensive cover against counters and are not making the vital interceptions required to suit the needs of the role when not in possesion. I guess that is the kind of answer you are looking for for. Pretty straight forward. Why do you you just keep questioning me just on this on point. You've not even tried it. That's my advice to make the system work. I wouldn't say it if I didn't think it would help ***!

I've tried moutinho and meireles there and lost games or conceeded rather than keep a clean sheet. I pride myself on the fact I can go seasons hardly conceeding double figures. I took it as the fact that they are just CMs they aren't providing adiqute defensive cover against counters and are not making the vital interceptions required to suit the needs of the role when not in possesion. I guess that is the kind of answer you are looking for for. Pretty straight forward. Why do you you just keep questioning me just on this on point. You've not even tried it. That's my advice to make the system work. I wouldn't say it if I didn't think it would help ***!

Yes that was what I was looking for in an answer, thanks a bunch mate. I actually plan on running tests with teams. :) Put together results and, you know... but it will take a while. But before I do anything I thought maybe better understand what I was looking into. :/

Thanks again mate, sorry to trouble you.

Yes that was what I was looking for in an answer' date=' thanks a bunch mate. I actually plan on running tests with teams. :) Put together results and, you know... but it will take a while. But before I do anything I thought maybe better understand what I was looking into. :/

Thanks again mate, sorry to trouble you.[/quote']

No trouble mate. It's just in my experience if somebody gives you lemons make lemonade, don't ask why the lemons are yellow! I've been at it for over 4 and a half years. I know little something.

mmm' date=' i gave the 4-3-3 a bash and lost 1-0, with 5-% posession and just shading the shots.

Martinez was my poorest performer with a 6. I'll give it a few more games I think[/quote']

Did you put all the arrows exactily as I said and 4-3-3 wingers not a flat 4-3-3?That's a bit surprising as I rarely lose the possesion battle as the system is designed to keep possesion and don't read into the 6 rating too much. I've just gone on a run of 12 games undeafeated where I never had less than 60% possesion and my team in nowhere near as good as yours. Your best performers should be the wingers and the striker.

Did you put all the arrows exactily as I said and 4-3-3 wingers not a flat 4-3-3?That's a bit surprising as I rarely lose the possesion battle as the system is designed to keep possesion and don't read into the 6 rating too much. I've just gone on a run of 12 games undeafeated where I never had less than 60% possesion and my team in nowhere near as good as yours. Your best performers should be the wingers and the striker.

Yup (and i had my doubts about the two cm's pushing forward as well)

That last post should have said 50% possesion.

I got a 2-2 draw with an unmanaged team tonight, but only had 41% possesion and 8 less shots.

Yup (and i had my doubts about the two cm's pushing forward as well)

That last post should have said 50% possesion.

I got a 2-2 draw with an unmanaged team tonight' date=' but only had 41% possesion and 8 less shots.[/quote']

That is bizzare to me. 41%!! Ive not had 41% for like 3 seasons and I walk all over the unmanaged teams. Are you playing the same 11 every game and players that arent 100% fit condition that have bad morale? That could have something to do with it. Your team will underperform if they are in bad condition. If the morale is poor they won't be great either, give them all new contracts if that is the case.

I am also having problems with my under-performing team... So if you can help me with a good formation I would be very thankful... :D

GKs:

De Gea

Courtois

Def:

Kyle Walker

Badstuber

Hummels

Sakho

Alba

Benatia

Alaba

Matip

Wollescheid

Mids/Fwds:

Ramires

Mata

Di Maria

Thomas Muller

Shaqiri

Belhanda

Thiago Alcantara

Yarmolenko

Isco

Cleverley

Fwds:

Aguero

Lewandowski

Giroud

Luuk De Jong

That's my first team... I have some good potential players in my youth team but they probably won't make the first team until they get a decent rise.

I am 16th in my league after 11 games with only 11 points :( I don't know what to do so please help me :D

That is bizzare to me. 41%!! Ive not had 41% for like 3 seasons and I walk all over the unmanaged teams. Are you playing the same 11 every game and players that arent 100% fit condition that have bad morale? That could have something to do with it. Your team will underperform if they are in bad condition. If the morale is poor they won't be great either' date=' give them all new contracts if that is the case.[/quote']

Only Martinez had particularly bad morale, and I;d say it was average other than bad to be honest.

As I say, I'll gve it another game before trying soemthing else. Perhaps a simple 4-4-2 may be in order. It's a pity because 4-3-3 wingers is my favourite system irl, but I;ve always found it too inconsistent on SM

Only Martinez had particularly bad morale' date=' and I;d say it was average other than bad to be honest.

As I say, I'll gve it another game before trying soemthing else. Perhaps a simple 4-4-2 may be in order. It's a pity because 4-3-3 wingers is my favourite system irl, but I;ve always found it too inconsistent on SM[/quote']

Play Vidal instead then if his morale isn't great. It's odd that, I've been playing for nearly five years and found the complete opposite. 4-3-3 wingers is the most consistent.

Play Vidal instead then if his morale isn't great. It's odd that' date=' I've been playing for nearly five years and found the complete opposite. 4-3-3 wingers is the most consistent.[/quote']

Vidal's morale is 80%. Vidal it is then.

Anyways- picked up my first win of the season - a 3-2 win over a similar side. Martinez clocked a five but everyone else was seven and above. I notice i scored the winner after switcjing to a simple 4-4-2 though, with my wingers pushing forward and Iniseta breaking from the middle in support.

Stats weren;t great - 58% posession is good, but only had 5 shots!

I'll swap Vidal for Martinez and stick with it a few more games.

Vidal's morale is 80%. Vidal it is then.

Anyways- picked up my first win of the season - a 3-2 win over a similar side. Martinez clocked a five but everyone else was seven and above. I notice i scored the winner after switcjing to a simple 4-4-2 though' date=' with my wingers pushing forward and Iniseta breaking from the middle in support.

Stats weren;t great - 58% posession is good, but only had 5 shots!

I'll swap Vidal for Martinez and stick with it a few more games.[/quote']

Quality not quantity when it comes to shots. The usual trend is win possesion, win the match.

How have been getting on? One other thing that may help, I'm usually winning before 60 mins so I forgot I had this set up but If you are losing or drawing on 60 mins leave everything the same except change mentality to attacking and put the CF as the playmaker. I was drawing my last game 0-0 at 60 mins then this kicked in. Won 3-0 with the CF scoring 2 and getting 1 assist.

How have been getting on? One other thing that may help' date=' I'm usually winning before 60 mins so I forgot I had this set up but If you are losing or drawing on 60 mins leave everything the same except change mentality to attacking and put the CF as the playmaker. I was drawing my last game 0-0 at 60 mins then this kicked in. Won 3-0 with the CF scoring 2 and getting 1 assist.[/quote']

a 4-3 defeat to a poorer team 48% possesion and 18 shots. My record with this is palyed 5 drawn 2, lost 2 won 1 so I think it may be time for a change!

a 4-3 defeat to a poorer team 48% possesion and 18 shots. My record with this is palyed 5 drawn 2' date=' lost 2 won 1 so I think it may be time for a change![/quote']

Was that with the tactical change on 60 mins I mentioned? Are you playing the same team every game regardless of thier fitness?

You seem to be conceeding a lot. Try starting the game with defensive rather than normal mentality. You should be having a ton of possesion and rarely conceeding with this tactic. Especially with that defence. If they aren't 100% though they wont perform 100%.

Try 1 or 2 more games like that with the things I mentioned. If you dont do well you probs want to go to a more direct tactic.

• 2 weeks later...