Omar El Kaddouri

76436_omar_el_kaddouri.jpg

Club: Brescia

Position: RM/AM

Rating: 77

Omar is a 21 year old RM/AM playing for Brescia in Serie B. He is from Morocco but also has Belgian nationality.

6816ee1.jpg

Omar comes from the famed Anderlecht academy. At Anderlecht, he played more as a striker. Even though he never made his debut for Anderlecht, he impressed fans who watched reserve games and many tipped him to become an important player for Anderlecht.

secondOmarElKaddouri.jpg

In the 2010/2011 season, Omar went on loan to F.C. S├╝dtirol-Alto Adige. There he started 21 games and got two goals. He amassed close to 2000 minutes last season.

Before his move to Brescia, it was reported that Italian clubs such as Milan, Fiorentina, Palermo, Inter Milan and Udinese were interested in him. Eventually thoguh he signed for Brescia for 5 years.

This season, Omar has started all but one of the games and has gotten himself a goal. His impressive performances have attracted the attention of major clubs such as Milan, Napoli and Arsenal.

"I am flattered by the interest shown by those clubs but it is not official to me yet so I can't say anything," said El Kaddouri.

"I have heard through newspapers, so I am relaxed. I just want to continue to play good for Brescia and once January comes we will all see what will happen.

"Being linked with Arsenal? They play the good football I like and Mr Wenger gives a chance to any young players and likes technical players like me.

"Brescia has been good to me and I love this place but once interest is shown by some teams you have to think about it."

It has been noted that his big frame and physique allowed him to score goals easily. He was also apt at converting in front of goal. His impressive footwork and confidence is something that is crucial for any player.

It would be wise to keep track of this exciting young talent as he continues to play regularly for Brescia.

• 1 month later...

Re: Omar El Kaddouri

Omar was brought on on the 60 minute mark in the Belgian U-21s qualifying match against England U-21s. His substitution certainly brought a huge impact on the game as he provided an assist and added a goal to his name.

Omar squeezed in a low cross from the right as Jens Naessens darted towards the near post and slid in the perfect finish across Jack Butland. Ziguy Badibanga burst clear from the halfway line and beat Martin Kelly to fire in a left-foot shot that cannoned back off the post, with El Kaddouri quickest to react to the rebound, slamming home from 15 yards.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...