Total---0---------0---------0

SMFA Cups

Season---Games---Goals---Assists

1-------0---------0---------0

Total---0---------0---------0

Records

---

Re: Barcelona-Undeniable Greatness

If this is not the biggest Micky Mouse set-up in the history of SM' date=' then I guess BATE Borisov will win the 2011/2012 Champions League in real life...

:rolleyes:[/quote']

STOP COMMENTING ON THIS THREAD, I HAVE ALREADY ASKED YOU. I actually but work on my thread to make it easy to navigate and to put alot of information in, so if you dont like it than leave, no one is forcing you to read it.

And this may very well be the most ridiculous set up in SM history but its not my fault.

Barcelona Win Over Fellow Spaniards

1024.jpg?md=1319483023000

MOM:Ronaldo(Barcelona)

FOM:Tiago(Atl. Madrid)

FC Barcelona have started the season off to a good start with a victory over a relatively strong team. Barcelona started with their best starting XI and had to contend with the threat from Atletico's Colombian Striker, Radamel Falcao(91). In the game, Ronaldo(Barca) started off very strong with a 15 yard strike in the 3rd minute. The Portuguese winger than showed up again with a goal in the 26th by beating the offside trap, and sliding it under the oncoming GK. In the 31st, Felipe(Atletico) gave Madrid hope with a diving header at the back post to cut the deficit. The game went a little quiet until David Silva(Barca) blasted a header in 71st minute to finish the scoring.

Atletico Madrid did very well in this game. They played with Barcelona on an even level, having an equal amount of time on the ball as well as forcing Neuer(Barca) into an equal amount of saves as their own GK was. The only notable difference, and one which allowed for the winner, was a combination of the GK ability as well as accuracy of the shots on target. Neuer(Barca) made more saves from easier shots, while Asenjo(Atletico) could not take the shots by Barcelonas Fwd.

Here is what AS7 had to say in the press conference:

Not our best match but one that I am still happy with. Our midfield displayed their ability but only a glimpse as we have a good enough Midfield to dominate any team. Nonetheless, we still won the match due to our superior offense composed of Messi and Ronaldo. I hope that the midfield begin to click soon as we will need everything they can give us to have a great chance at winning the league. Our next game is against Lillie. They are not the best team in the league so we will have an opportunity to maybe use players who wouldn't be used again stronger teams.

There are no other managers in the set-up, all the players that scored during matchday actually play with the same club as they do in real life, either no one buys players or there are no other managers.

There are no other managers in the set-up' date=' all the players that scored during matchday actually play with the same club as they do in real life, either no one buys players or there are no other managers.[/quote']

STOP COMMENTING, IF YOU DONT LIKE THE THREAD THAN DONT READ IT, CAN EVERYONE STOP BEING PERSISTENTLY RUDE BY COMMENTING WHEN I ASKED YOU NOT TO???

And I can assure you that there are other managers, just because none of those players scored doesn't mean there aren't others there. For example Di maria has moved to Inter for Forlan+Coutinho+Money.

If you dont like the thread than just leave instead of being annoying and going against my wishes as the one who is putting in the work for this thread.

Barcelona Defeat Eden Hazard's Lille

1024.jpg?md=1319909449000

MOM:Messi(Barcelona)

FOM:Soare(Lille OSC)

FC Barcelona now make it 2 in a row to jump to the top of the table for the first time. Using the same starting XI as used in their previous match, Barcelona decided to be safe in this game by choosing to go all out in the match, rather than give some youth match experience. They decided that the ability of Eden Hazard(91) was enough to require a full force Barcelona Squad. Barcelona went in the lead in the when Ozil(Barca) scored by simply poking the ball into the net after confusion in the box. Messi(Barca) than doubled the lead in the 55th when a miss-hit shot was fumbled by Landreau(Lille) and rolled under the GK's body into the net. Ronaldo(Barca) finished the scoring in the 71st after another mix up in the box which just required a poke to roll in the net.

Although Lille were obviously outmatched, many experts expected a much more one-sided encounter. Barcelona's Midfield were allowed a bit more of space and allowed to play more comfortably compared to their previous match, but did not use it to the extent expected of them. This was a very good match for them as it allowed them a little more confidence and experience together before facing Manchester City in a couple days.

Great match and a comfortable victory for us. Lille provided a great competition and showed why we need to work harder. This was obviously a match where we probably should have won by more but none the less, we got the win in the end which is what was important. We will soon face Manchester City which will prove be an interesting match to say the least. I would also like to extend my congratulations to Xavi who now has 391 league matches for Barcelona which has him tied for 1st place with Migueli. I hope he stays at the club for many years to come and wish to thank the Vice-Captain for his commitment to the club.

Man City Annihilated By Master Barcelona Display

1024.jpg?md=1320026983000

FOM:9 Players with 6 Rating

The biggest win so far in the season by far, and will possibly be the biggest of the season. Barcelona handed in a display of the top quality in the first half, where they played with the Aguero-led Citizens. Barcelona blew past Manchester city and only allowed Akinfeev the chance to make 5 saves from the 13 shots. Leonel Messi began the scoring in the 14th, using his pace and body to get into the box, than lashed the ball home. Ronaldo was not one to be out shined, however, when he headed home a cross in the 21. Iniesta made it 3 in 10 minutes, when he took advantage of a poor clearance in the 24th. 3 minutes later, Messi took his personal count to 2 in the game, volleying a perfect through ball past the GK. Busquets than made it 5 in the 36 with a curling shot from 25 yards out. Messi finaly finished his hat trick in the 38th, scoring from the penalty spot to finish Barcelona's majestic first half. Busquets scored his second goal in the 64 when catching the last defender behind with an act of pure genius. David Silva scored in the 73rd after coming on as a sub, scoring a screamer from the edge of the area.

An amazing match for the Spanish outfit, this match keeps them at the top of the table, but gives them a massive boost in the Goal Difference column. Manchester City were not dominated as you would expect from the final score, instead were only destroyed due to the extraordinary finishing of the Barcelona Team. Also, Neuer had another great display, producing 12 saves for the 12 shots on target by Manchester City.

This was a wonderful match for us. Although most would be amazed by the result, I was hoping for more control of our midfield. Fortunately for us, our shots were placed amazingly, giving Akinfeev little to no chance on any of the goals. On the other half of the field, our defense gave up a little to much space, giving them enough to shot 12 times on target, but fortunately Neuer played very well as expected from a player of his caliber. I also want to congratulate 2 players. The first is one is our Vice Captain again, who has now Surpassed Migueli to become our most capped player in the league with 392. The second is young star, Lionel Messi, who now has 133 league goals, to become the second most league scorer, only behind Cesar Rodriguez who has 195.

Tough Win For Barcelona

1024.jpg?md=1320685707000

FOM: D. Milito(Chelsea)

A tough victory in which Barcelona were only slightly better, one of Barcelona's newer signings proved the team can play against even the most prestigious teams and can squeeze out a win if need be. Barcelona's defense had arguably their hardest game yet, having to contend with the offensive power of Drogba(Chelsea) and Milito(Chelsea) to grind out the win. Both Goalkeepers had alot of work to contend with, with Cech(Chelsea) having 13 saves to Neuer(Barcelona) 10. Ozil(Barca) began the scoring in the 1st minute, taking advantage of a GK fumble to poke the ball in. Same guy scored again in the 53rd when he shot the ball early, leaving the GK stranded. Drogba(Chelsea) gave his team a ray of light in the 60th, with a goal after a scarmble in the box.

Another majestic performance by Argentina's Lionel Messi(Barca), he was wasn't responsible for any of the goals, but he was responsible for keeping Chelsea within their own side of the field.

A good match for neutrals due to it being so close, I am happy with our current run and hoop that It continues for much longer. Next we have a fairly easy match against Porto where I will use some newer and younger players to give them some experience should anything happen and they are forced into the team. We will still have to watch out for players such as Hulk and Joao Moutinho but we should win.

Messi Shows Up To Ease Worries About New Injuries

1024.jpg?md=1321317251000

MOM:Pique(Barcelona)

FOM: Otamendi(FC Porto)

Another tough win for Barcelona, in a match where they were expected to be the much better squad. This, however, can be attributed to the lose of two of their starting players. The Barcelona team were forced to play with only 9 players through most of the match, and were allowed the three points by the heroics of the rest of the team who played well enough to ignore the two man difference. Porto had a decent amount of chances in the game, having 20 shots fired, with 13 requiring a save. Neuer did not allow any of these shots to go through, however, allowing his team the ability to play for the win. Messi began the scoring in the 10th minute, scoring due to his great placement after a rebound of the post. He than scored again in the 88th, of a penalty which was a goal which allowed them some space to breath.

This game was very unfortunate for both teams, Barcelona managed to lose Ivanovic for 24 days while also losing Fabregas for 2 months. This may very well dampen their title credentials, but they none the less have a good chance at surviving without the players.

This was a very unfortunate win. Yes we did get the three points, but we lost two very very important players. The first was Ivanovic, and he will be a big blow to the defense. To replace him, we will probably begin to slot Coentrao into the starting line up to pair up with Puyol and Pique. This will also make Sakho our first choice as a sub in all our matches. The bigger loss was the lose of Fabregas and it's for about twice as long. To compensate for his loss, we will slot David Silva into one of the wings, and than place either Iniesta or Ozil into the AM spot. This injury will also require us to substitute more often in the middle, for example Juan Mata, M'Vila and such will all get more chances. Overall I belive that the team will need some getting used to, but we will come out on top in my opinion.

Brave Barcelona Finally Lose

1024.jpg?md=1321399328000

MOM:Pato(AC Milan)

FOM:Cassano(AC Milan)

I disheartening loss to Italian Giants AC Milan for the League Leaders. Barcelona had 41 shots in total through out the game, sporting a new starting line up due to the injuries. Out of the 41 shots, 24 were on target which required saves from Milan's Weidenfeller(Milan) who approached the shots with the up most confidence. Milan were much more clinical in their shots than Barcelona, having 9 shots on target and having goals on three occasions. The first goal came from Sidney Sam, who had an odd start, replacing an injured Robinho in the starting line up on the wing. He shot from outside the box in the 10th minute, placing it just inside the far post. Than came Pato, who simply rolled the ball into the net in the 21st. The final nail in the coffin came of a breakaway from Thiago Silva who slotted it with confidence in the 79th.

I am not very happy with this loss. Although we should have won, and had played better, we were not clinical enough which has been a problem for us. We need to place our shots better rather than just blast the shots all the time. We are going up against the very best GK as displayed today, and they thrive with shots like today. I also lament the loss of Iniesta, who will be out for 8 days. This will hurt us as we are already without Fabregas and Ivanovic and are trying to survive without them. We next have Juventus to contend with, and although they are not as strong as Milan, injuries have weakened us so I have to ask that my offence puts in their very best in that game while we get Iniesta back.

Very Attacking Display Won By Barcelona

1024.jpg?md=1321404278000

FOM:Marchisio(Juventus)

An amazing a purely attacking game in which a total of 11 goals were scored. This match was one where both teams tossed caution to the win and just focused on attacking their opposition. Barcelona proved largely dominant through out the match, giving an amazing offensive display but also a terrible defensive one. Although Barcelona didn't make any massive mistakes in the goals, they didn't defend as they should have and allowed Juventus the ability to have a great game. The scoring started in the 4th minute with star player Lionel Messi(Barca) nodding home a header from a corner. Captain Puyol(Barca) than made it 2 in the 16th, scoring his first goal this season from a rebound of the post. Xavi Hernandez(Barca) also scored his first goal this season, with a blast that hit of the post in the 20th. Krasic(Juventus) than gave Juventus some hope scoring in the 31st with a powerful header. David Silva(Barca) made it 4-1 in the 36th by slotting it after using his great dribbling skills on the defenders. Krasic(Juventus) than scored his second in the 38th by chipping the ball with confidence over the GK who was rushing out. In the second half Messi(Barca) was the first to score again, taking credit for a deflected shot that ended up in the net. Juventus than scored 2 with Vucinic(Juventus) placing a header in the 53rd and Amauri(Juventus) blasting a half-volley in the 54th to make it 5-4 Barcelona. Young Sub Mario Gotze than scored on his debut, scoring of a low shot in the 69th. Xavi than completed the scoring in the 74th, finishing a ball from inside the box.

Well this was a very weird match. On one hand, we conceded 4 goals tonight, where we conceded 5 goals in the previous 6 games. On the other hand, my team listened to me a stepped it up offensively by a lot, having a large amount of possession. We still need to be more accurate in our shots, as we had just over 50% in our shot accuracy where I believe that around 65% would be healthy. Our next match is against Borussia Dortmund, who are at a surprising 4th. We will look to break their defense, as it has been the best in the league so far. Their offence hasn't been nearly as impressive so we may very well register a clean sheet against them which is what I am aiming for. Iniesta will be out for this game, but he will be available for the next one against CSKA. We may rest him, however, and have him resume his starting duties against Lyon at full fitness.

Abidal Given Warm Reception By Fans While Players Embarrass Old Teammate

1024.jpg?md=1321648787000

MOM:Ronaldo(Barcelona)

FOM:Abidal(Borussia)

Another great display by FC Barcelona. In this match, the subs of the Spanish side proved their ability and the fact that they would start on many other sides in the world. In the match, Barcelona started 4 players that would not usually start. 2 of these said players are 21 and below. Regardless they played an important part in the game. As subs, Barcelona brought on the obvious choice of Messi(Barca) as well as the lesser known Juan Mata(Barca) and Javi Martinez(Barca) who are both 23. Barcelona took only one minute for the first goal, with Luis Suarez(Barca) scoring of a corner with a half volley. The second came from Neymar(Barca), 3 minutes later with a powerful shot that hit of the post. Borussia got hope in the 26th when Kawaga(Borussia) Headed in a cross from the left. In the 36th, Neymar(Barca) got his second when he poked in a ball after a defensive mix up. Ronaldo(Barca) than got on the score sheet finally when he headed in a cross to make it 4-1 right before half time (41). In the second half, substitute Messi(Barca) scored in the 71st lashing the ball from 15 yards out to end the scoring.

Great game, we built on the success of our previous game and eliminated most of our defects. Here we played very well in the middle, didn't rush the ball and kept it for ourselves. Our subs showed a great amount of cohesion and adaptation by playing well with each other as well as the regular starters in a show of Barcelona Football. I have to congratulate Neymar and Suarez for scoring their first Brace and goal respectively. Also, I've been getting numerous questions as to whether Iniesta will play in the next match. I have to say that as of right now, Iniesta will be a Sub for the next game. That is all I can disclose. Thank you.

Barcelona Stay At The Top As Alexis Sanchez Causes Little Trouble

1024.jpg?md=1321827619000

MOM:Luis Suarez(Barcelona)

FOM:Schennikov(CSKA Moskva)

Confident for the League Leaders in a game where they were met with just a bit more resistance than was expected before the match. Barcelona made it 8 wins in 9 matches with this 3-0 win over the Alexis Sanchez(Moskva)-led Russians. CSKA did well in the first half, and combined with a slightly wasteful Barcelona, they held of almost the whole first half before Luis Suarez(Barcelona) was put through in the 44th and finished the break away with confidence. Than, 6 minutes into the second half, Mesut Ozil(Barcelona) shot a powerful strike of the post and into the net to make it 2-0. League Debuter, Ashley Young(Barcelona) than made it 3-0 by rising above the defense to head in a corner into the back of the net.

Another win for us making it 8 out of 9. We have Real Madrid right on our tails, however, with them just 2 points back. We have coped well with out unfortunate injuries up until now and hope to continue to do so. In this game, we gave them a bit much space and we didn't hold the ball for as long as I wanted, but all that matters is the fact that we won. We have a League Cup game against German side Hoffenheim in two days, and than two days after, we play Lyon in the League. I'm currently going to chose to use our Sub players as starters in the Cup matches, but I also want to challenge for all competitions so I will have decide how involved the Starters will be in those games.

Barcelona To Approach "El Clasico" In Top Form

1024.jpg?md=1322417435000

MOM:Messi (Barcelona)

FOM:Kallstrom (Lyon)

A hard game where Barcelona were the obvious better side, but could not get past Hugo Lloris(Lyon). Barcelona had more than 3 times as many shots as Lyon as well as 3 times as many shots on target, but Lloris(Barcelona) was more than up to the challenge, only allowing a goal in the second minute from Busquets(Barca) due to a 1 on 1 that resulted in a beautiful chip over the oncoming Lloris(Lyon). Barcelona sent out some subs in the second half who played well, especially in-form sub, Luis Suarez(Barcelona) who helped out with Barcelona's offence.

A frustrating game where we should have had many more goals. Unfortunately we did not have the luck for that, but we still came away with the win. I am happy with the result overall due to us showing the ability to not give up in the back. We have shown that we can focus through out an entire match, and that we only need but 1 goal to get the result we want. Next up we have our hardest match of the Year. We are coming up against Real Madrid while they are at home and I can tell you confidently that It will be harder than anything so far. We wont have our best line up, but will do our best to keep to our own style of play and to come out with a positive result.