Sign in to follow this  
xDave

Phil Jones & Chris Smalling

I think they're both going to rise for certain, but I'm more interested in their positions.

Smalling has played RB for United and England, is it likely he'll get CB/RB?

As for Jones, he's also played RB for United and I think for England, and today he played CM for United! Players can only have 2 positions I believe, but Jones can and does play RB, CB and DM on a regular basis. Is it possible he'll get Def/DM despite never playing LB?

You can talk about what they'll rise to as well if you want. I'd guess both 87 to 89 personally, been involved a lot for club and played for country.

Re: Phil Jones & Chris Smalling

I think they'll both get +1's only. The reason is, as good as their forms has been, with the likes of Rafael, Fabio, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evans all being fit, it may take a few seasons for them to establish themselves in the first team. Imo Jones is the better of the two and will take over from Ferdinand probably next season.

I think they're both going to rise for certain' date=' but I'm more interested in their positions.

As for Jones, he's also played RB for United and I think for England, and today he played CM for United! Players can only have 2 positions I believe, but Jones can and does play RB, CB and DM on a regular basis. Is it possible he'll get Def/DM despite never playing LB?

You can talk about what they'll rise to as well if you want. I'd guess both 87 to 89 personally, been involved a lot for club and played for country.[/quote']

at the moment both deserve 89 but may rise to 88 atleast and i think jones wil change as RB/CB

just one game today cant decide and he had role of keeping gerrard and adam quiet in the midfield

i think SAF put him for defensive role in midfield

at the moment both deserve 89 but may rise to 88 atleast and i think jones wil change as RB/CB

just one game today cant decide and he had role of keeping gerrard and adam quiet in the midfield

i think SAF put him for defensive role in midfield

So then , jones will more likely get a position change to DM/ Def

Jones occasionally played LB for Blackburn, and he also regularly played DM for them and England youth teams. Def/DM would seem sensible for him, whereas Smalling seems to play RB more than CB as he's stronger than Jones going forward.

CB/RB for Smalling.

Def/DM for Jones.

Jones occasionally played LB for Blackburn

Oh, that's interesting to know. I guess it wouldn't be too far-fetched to ask for him to get Def then. Guess we'll find out in a few months anyway!

I think they're both going to rise for certain' date=' but I'm more interested in their positions.

You can talk about what they'll rise to as well if you want. I'd guess both 87 to 89 personally, been involved a lot for club and played for country.[/quote']

I would prefer Phil Jones as he is one of the important youngsters in Manchester United. Ferdinand is getting useless (Or shall I say weak?) if comparing with Phil Jones in CB. Phil Jones will rise, but not to 90. Perhaps 89.

Chris Smalling. He doesn't even play CB role in Manchester United. I mean seldom. With the recovery of Raphael, I doubt he will continue to start for Manchester United. If his static is just normal, I doubt he will even rise to 89, perhaps just a 88?

Hope it helps.

xYyY

Jones occasionally played LB for Blackburn' date=' and he also regularly played DM for them and England youth teams. Def/DM would seem sensible for him, whereas Smalling seems to play RB more than CB as he's stronger than Jones going forward.

CB/RB for Smalling.

Def/DM for Jones.[/quote']

Yeah he did play LB at BB. The keyword is "DID". He isn't playing LB anymore at MANU so i doubt he'll change to the abovementioned position. A stay with CB/DM is more likely.

I'd have to say that jones would move to 89 even if ferdinand and rafael return as he can play in the mid as well. As for smalling he is only a temporary replacement. He can play at RB but who knows what sir alex might have in mind for him. Now we also see valencia playing as a fullback and rooney sometimes playing on the wing. But as rating is concerned i predict that jones will get a +2 and smalling +1.

both will rise +1 in the next changes.

Smalling to CB/RB

Jones to DEF/DM

end of the season im hoping they will be 89' date=' it depends if they stay injury free and play consistantly.[/quote']

agree with the new positions, but I'd send Smalling to 89 now, tbh. he's had ample PL and CL experience, and has won a League Title.

both should be 90 by sometime next season, though. phenomenal talents.

Yeah he did play LB at BB. The keyword is "DID". He isn't playing LB anymore at MANU so i doubt he'll change to the abovementioned position. A stay with CB/DM is more likely.

Fair point but I think if Utd were short on left-backs they could use him there, it's just they have Evra/Fabio.. People like Zanetti don't play in every defensive position and central midfield all the time, but if needed they could cover there.

I'd agree with people previous, he should get Def/DM and rise to 89, Smalling could be 88 or 89 really, depends how much he features before the changes I think.

Fair point but I think if Utd were short on left-backs they could use him there' date=' it's just they have Evra/Fabio.. People like Zanetti don't play in every defensive position and central midfield all the time, but if needed they could cover there.

I'd agree with people previous, he should get Def/DM and rise to 89, Smalling could be 88 or 89 really, depends how much he features before the changes I think.[/quote']

For once I agree with you, Def/DM is correct for Jones and IMO should be better than Smalling so 89 for Jones and 88 for Smalling would be correct.

so why haven't they changed positions yet?

and why has Smalling only gone to 88 when he's been more consistent for a longer period and at a higher level than Jones? he's also won a league Title. he deserves 90, but surely 89 at least?

Respuesta: Re: Phil Jones & Chris Smalling

so why haven't they changed positions yet?

and why has Smalling only gone to 88 when he's been more consistent for a longer period and at a higher level than Jones? he's also won a league Title. he deserves 90' date=' but surely 89 at least?[/quote']

what? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

smalling better than jones? you are crazy xDDDDDD

Re: Respuesta: Re: Phil Jones & Chris Smalling

i don't think he said he was better to be honest mate, i think the point he was making is he has had more game time (granted this was manly last season when Jones was not there)at Man Utd as he has been there longer. We all know Jones's ability but i do agree that they should be rated the same from the last changes, albeit Jones is the better player IMO

as jkerrs says, it's not about talent. obviously Jones is a phenomenal talent. but Smalling has performed a higher level for longer, been involved in more big matches, and won more Trophies too.

anyway the bigger issue is their positions remaining unchanged when it's palpably obvious they should be changed. Lass Diarra has gone to DM/RB and he's played less games than both Smalling & Jones at RB.

as jkerrs says' date=' it's not about talent. obviously Jones is a phenomenal talent. but Smalling has performed a higher level for longer, been involved in more big matches, and won more Trophies too.

anyway the bigger issue is their positions remaining unchanged when it's palpably obvious they should be changed. Lass Diarra has gone to DM/RB and he's played less games than both Smalling & Jones at RB.[/quote']

Djourou also got RB despite playing there for less games.

I understand why Jones might be slightly contentious (though he played a RB again in the FA Cup vs City), but Smalling has played at RB in almost every game he's played, definitely had to change.

Respuesta: Phil Jones & Chris Smalling

a ok ok...sorry,i donĀ“t understand it

really,smalling deserve 89,and kyle walker,and other players....but then,i think that jones deserve 90(he had played fantastic).

SM rise the players slow...and i think that the next review phil jones can rise to 91 and smalling 90.....if not...90 and 89 ofc...

alright, SM, baby steps!

you've corrected Smalling's position, now correct Jones' and make him DEF/DM!

and then you can bump Smalling to 89 or 90, because if the ratings are based on consistency then no defender, not even Vidic, has been as consistently great as Smalling for the last season & a half.

come on SM! sort it ooouuuutttt!