EPL Ratings 2011/12

Special-1

Re: EPL Ratings 2011/12

Keep your knickers on. I've not got round to re-reviewing my existing predictions yet but yes I have made a slight adjustment. The reason I originally thought that Welbeck would get a +2 is because forwards are always seen as more successful than defenders because they win games by scoring goals and Danny has 5 goals in 12 appearances. But his form has dropped a bit so he may only get +1 now. The fact that Jones looks like he's becoming a permanent starter for England and is playing fantastic for United may warrant him a +2 even though he's only had half a season at United.

ok cool. I think jones is maybe uniteds best signing, with young being pretty overrated except for the arsenal game. Are you reviewing every prediction? If so, do you think charlie adam and gary cahill are in for +1's?

ok cool. I think jones is maybe uniteds best signing' date=' with young being pretty overrated except for the arsenal game. Are you reviewing every prediction? If so, do you think charlie adam and gary cahill are in for +1's?[/quote']

Charlie Adam? Yes definitely (I've done Liverpool's changes btw). Gary Cahill? No. Does he deserve it? Yes he fully deserves to be at least 90! But I can't see it happening while Bolton are toying with relegation. He will move to a bigger club in January and I think we could see him getting towards 90 by the end of the season depending on the club he goes to.

Good ratings here! Agree with most, if not all of them.

Don't see why people were getting so touchy about Cabaye, though. At the end of the day, ratings ARE a matter of opinion, otherwise people wouldn't be disagreeing with eachother. Everyone would agree if they weren't at least initially opinion-based.

The logic Special-1 used for Cabaye's possible drop is more than acceptable given that players have dropped in such situations before (no, I won't make an example. I don't need to).

Anyhow, good ratings, good thread.

Man United fan, a few thoughts.

EVRA, Patrice 94 - 94

Could easily drop imo, has been very poor for a very long time.

FRYERS, Ezekiel 75 -> 78/79

- I'd expect more of a 76ish

EVANS, Jonny 88 -> 88/89

- Really can't see this happening, too consistently bad.

ANDERSON, Luis 90 -> 91

- Again, can't see this happening. Only played well for 5 or so games.

GIBSON, Darron 86 - 86

- Drop? Has an "injury", but many don't think that's the case...

CLEVERLEY, Tom 86 -> 87/88

- I would hope 88, was one of United's most important players til he got injured.

Man United fan' date=' a few thoughts.

EVRA, Patrice 94 - 94

EVANS, Jonny 88 -> 88/89

ANDERSON, Luis 90 -> 91

GIBSON, Darron 86 - 86

- I would hope 88, was one of United's most important players til he got injured.

Totally agree, but maybe with Cleverly it will be a 86 > 87 > 88 without injury would of been a straight to 88 (Like Aaron Ramsey)

Man United fan' date=' a few thoughts.

EVRA, Patrice 94 - 94

EVANS, Jonny 88 -> 88/89

ANDERSON, Luis 90 -> 91

GIBSON, Darron 86 - 86

Have you been watching a different Evra?

He's been one of our better defenders this season! Has made some good performances, defo deserves to stay.

Fryers should rise to at least 78 with his minutes.

I don't rate Jonny Evans at all but I think he may rise due to minutes on the pitch and the fact that he is better than a lot of other 88 rated defenders.

Anderson has probably fallen into the maybe category now I agree.. He started really well but he's dipped in form recently but I'd like to think he will rise, he's needed it for a good while now.

Not sure about Gibson, dunno what's going on behind the scenes.

If Cleverley never got injured we would be sat here talking about a defo +2 and maybe even a +3 but I think he may only get +1 because of his injuries.

Coloccini 70/30 for an 89 (+1)?

(You mentioned a rise' date=' just wondered how [b']maybe[/b] it is)

And Oxo Chamberlain? 82? Thinking more 84/5?

Sideshow Bob has a good chance at 89 depends how generous Sm are felling but all of Newcastles defense Are playing well I'd advice picking up Ryan Taylor if anyone can.

Chambo is a tough one I feel it could be anywhere from 82-85 depending on how the changes go but looking at some of the changes in Belgium especially I'm expecting a stingy set of changes from Sm.

Sideshow Bob has a good chance at 89 depends how generous Sm are felling but all of Newcastles defense Are playing well I'd advice picking up Ryan Taylor if anyone can.

Chambo is a tough one I feel it could be anywhere from 82-85 depending on how the changes go but looking at some of the changes in Belgium especially I'm expecting a stingy set of changes from Sm.

Especially on the likes of Cleverly, Jones even probably Rodwell.

Coloccini 70/30 for an 89 (+1)?

(You mentioned a rise' date=' just wondered how [b']maybe[/b] it is)

And Oxo Chamberlain? 82? Thinking more 84/5?

He's been their outstanding defender this season and they are in and around the top 4 so I can't see why he doesn't have a chance. This is a big 2 weeks coming up for Newcastle though, Man City away and then Man Utd away, arguably the two hardest fixtures of the season so we will see how they fair. I'm expecting them to come away from both with no points which may leave them in 6th/7th coming up to the changes but we will see..

Also about Chamberlain, I honestly can't see SM giving him more than an 82 because they have become so annoyingly stingy :/

A year ago he would probably be nailed on to get about 85 but I don't see that happening this time.

Are you sure Fernando Torres is safe? I would say theres a big shout for him to drop.

He needs to drop, and I can easily see SM doing it

Since his injury just before the 2010 world cup, he has been awful. The odd decent game, but certainly not 94 standard. Lost his place in the national team starting 11 aswell.

And when you compare his stats to v.persie or Gomez (Both 93 with a chance of rising) then Torres cant be on there level.