Sign in to follow this  
Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Soccer Manager Chat

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

We are happy to announce that we have introduced Soccer Manager Chat.

Soccer Manager Chat allows you to have a direct 1-on-1 conversation with anyone on your Friends List who is online. Also, when you access one of your clubs you'll be able to chat to any manager (even if they aren't on your Friends List) who is online within that Game World.

Within your Account Settings you can decide if you want to sign into Soccer Manager as Online or Offline and there is also an option to turn sound alerts On or Off.

If you wish to block a manager from chatting with you, then simply click on the Block button in either their Profile or Profile popup. If you block someone then they are also blocked from sending you Private Messages.

We hope that with the introduction of Soccer Manager Chat it will make it easier to communicate with other managers within the Soccer Manager community.

Please Note: Soccer Manager Chat is not available on mobiles.

Re: Soccer Manager Chat

EXCELLENT FEATURE!

Thought I was on Facebook for a moment there though :P:o

That being said i think a option to be able to block people needs to be added as I know people will get on my nerves. :)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

That being said i think a option to be able to block people needs to be added as I know people will get on my nerves. :)

This option is available as per my post.

People have been crying out for more interaction with other managers and it is a very good step forward imo.

We have recently introduced several new features/improvements to help managers find as well as invite their friends and we are currently in the process of building on this to develop more of a community feel.

This option is available as per my post.

We have recently introduced several new features/improvements to help managers find as well as invite their friends and we are currently in the process of building on this to develop more of a community feel.

Yep it does help to read more than one paragraph I suppose but really a excellent new feature. :)

I've been critical of SM "developments" in the past but I think the chat feature is a great step forward as it should allow quicker negotiations among forumers and non forumers alike(and hopefully encourage the latter ones to become the former).

I'm sure it's good for those who use that stuff. I'm here to play the game though, and I'm never ever going to use that funtion, so... How do I get rid of that annoying 'offline' tab in the bottom of my screen? I'm annoyed enough at the facebook and twitter tabs everywhere as it is, and I really don't need more useless (for me at least) features to take up space and slow down performance.

/Itsme

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Has the chat system been taken down? I can't see it anymore.

It was taken down for maintenance late last night and it is now back up and running once again.

im not sure i like this atm. there is no privacy option. anyone can send you a message with all sorts of colourful language. sure there is an invisible option, but you have to switch it on each time you log in or log out. you should be able to set to be invisble all the time. i think its an element that is open to abuse because i've been able to see people online from my game worlds that are'nt even on my friends list, so i assume they can see me aswell. the feature needs improving if you ask me, the only people who should be able to see you online are those on your friends list...i dont want any tom-dick-and-harry being able to see when im on here or be able to send me a message.

im not sure i like this atm. there is no privacy option. anyone can send you a message with all sorts of colourful language. sure there is an invisible option' date=' but you have to switch it on each time you log in or log out. you should be able to set to be invisble all the time. i think its an element that is open to abuse because i've been able to see people online from my game worlds that are'nt even on my friends list, so i assume they can see me aswell. the feature needs improving if you ask me, the only people who should be able to see you online are those on your friends list...i dont want any tom-dick-and-harry being able to see when im on here or be able to send me a message.[/quote']

If you dont want people to 'see' you online - go invisible.

If you dont want certain people to contact you then block them.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Does the chat work on mobiles?

Soccer Manager Chat isn't available on mobiles.

im not sure i like this atm. there is no privacy option. anyone can send you a message with all sorts of colourful language. sure there is an invisible option' date=' but you have to switch it on each time you log in or log out. you should be able to set to be invisble all the time. i think its an element that is open to abuse because i've been able to see people online from my game worlds that are'nt even on my friends list, so i assume they can see me aswell. the feature needs improving if you ask me, the only people who should be able to see you online are those on your friends list...i dont want any tom-dick-and-harry being able to see when im on here or be able to send me a message.[/quote']

The 'invisible option' that you are referring to is covered in the opening post of this thread along with 'blocking' managers from contacting you.

How do I get rid of that annoying 'offline' tab in the bottom of my screen? I'm annoyed enough at the facebook and twitter tabs everywhere as it is' date=' and I really don't need more useless (for me at least) features to take up space and slow down performance.[/quote']

Nobody with an answer? Or is it just that it can't be gotten rid of?

/Itsme

One suggestion: 'Who is Online' list should shows the ultimate list of managers from all of your game-worlds (maybe there would be an option to choose which game-worlds would be shown??? - especially for gold managers).

Right now, I think it only shows the list of managers online from the current game world you are on. For example, you are playing in both Premier League and Italian Championship and your are on Premier League, adjusting your Man U squad. The list won't show you the managers online from Italian Championship.

p.s: please correct me if i am wrong as the soccer manager chat system is still new to me or if the idea is suggested before

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

The 'block' option doesn't seem to work as I have found out tonight.

If a feature on the site doesn't work correctly then you will need to report it as a bug.