Soccer Manager Chat

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Soccer Manager Chat

Anyone else getting a problem with the new chat system just recently? I am, although was working fine for me but no longer, I no longer hear the sound or get the red bubble when someone reply's to my chat and i need to refresh browser to see the reply, and i'm sure managers have thought i am ignoring them which is annoying, i have tried everything at my end and was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem or if they know how to fix it.

Cheers

Jock.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1rNtQ-r-YJ8OfU55y_ydOP7uxF0Aj8cP98N96AbVaJyW9O_2N

P.S reported as a bug.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrrggghhhhhh!!!!

This thing is really winding me up now!!!!!!

I do not have enough affection directed toward my F5 button to warrant myself keeping my finger on it just to see someone say "not for sale":mad:

Please can one of you good DEV chappies fix this or at least give it a virtual kick in its 'nortons' for me(< see what I did there - I made a technical joke - sort of similar to what the creators of windows bloomin Vista did ;-) )

My chat is completely messed up, I get messages and get no pop-up, no sound or red notification until I refresh the page a few times.

Also when I log into my account I get 'phantom' messages that appear.. by this I mean messages that I have read, replied to and logged out reappear a few hours later when I log back in, and only the messages I receive re-appear the one's I sent back are not shown.

The messages only appear for a few seconds before they disappear, so screen-shots are not possible.

On Google Chrome.

Ok I dont wish to appear rude, however the following are facts:

We have had no response to this thread from a DEV for over 2 weeks now.

Also a ticket I submitted reporting the issue, has 'currently been under investigation' for the last EIGHT days with no further response.

Even if no immediate fix is available, would it be possible to have an update on the situation either on here, or through submitted tickets.

Finally it seems odd, that with this issue existing for quite a few members, that it is not logged under the 'known bugs/issues' section of 'report bugs'.

Many thanks,

Regards Will

PM live chat is good... it'll be nice if there's a Gameworld chat too. For example if 5 guys in the same gameworld are online' date=' they can masschat among each other. Not as important in terms of negotiating deals but it is good bonding for some gamers.[/quote']

yeah i like the idea of GW chat:D

I'd just like to say what a fantastic addition this has been to the game. I'm usually quite critical of Soccermanager's changes (as my post message history will attest) but the chat has been brilliant.

I rarely communicated with managers via PM in the past, and missed out on players accordingly, but in the last couple of weeks I've made several deals that would never have happened otherwise thanks to the chat.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah my chat box thingy's been acting fine the last two days or so no ghost messages, no disappearing convo's and if i choose to go invisible it stays that way til i change it back to availble

real good addition to the game now its working properly although an added translator if possible would be a great help to boot

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

There were a few issues regarding Chat earlier in the week. These have now been fixed and it should be working as normal. However, if you are still experiencing problems you'll need to report this as a bug.