FANTASY Draft League (FDL)

evoked87

Re: FANTASY Draft League

True but online has many issues too.

Doing a 2-3 hour draft means having to pay attention continually for this time so you don't miss you turn. I simply can't give a whole 2-3 hours as with work and not knowing when/if/how the family might need me' date=' it would be unfair for me to miss out.

Maybe I should just send you a list of say 50-100 players maybe in order of preference so you can auto-pick for me based on that list?[/quote']

I understand everyone has commitment but try to make it online if possible. We're not asking for years of thorough attention, just a few sessions. I've experience online drafting and it is better, it can easily reduce something that takes many months to less than 24 hours.

I'm not fond of the idea of a shortlist because everyone will have similar players at the top of the lists, which actually I have one too. And going through the lengthy list can delay those drafting online. Thus for those not online the best would be to randomise among the more decent players. If you insist, I will accept your shortlist if you split it to gk/df/mf/fw cap to 100. Honestly, if you ask me, the top 100 players today are all still very decent footballers and order doesn't matter among the first 2, 20, and after the first 20.

Fine with Sao paulo since they're highly recognised too... but will have to take out either Marseille or PSG. We'll see if either one gets pick first.

the draft will be done online' date=' it'll be on a weekend to accommodate more people. drafting will be broken up in shorter sessions of 2-3 hrs so it is not that time consuming

the timing will be within the golden time of the globe, where asia/europe/america are all awake and kicking. that's also where most of the big events are on like F1 and EPL. I reckon the time to be anywhere between SM Time 12:00 to 18:00. we'll see which part of this 6-hour window is most popular. the exact time will be announce a few days before the meeting so everyone can react and plan their time.

everything is much much faster online and we get to communicate with each other real-time too. forum will take not just long, it takes centuries lol. we will most likely use the forum for future season draft since they are smaller.

manutd, arsenal, barca, valencia, lpool registered. :)[/quote']

Lyon, please.

I get what you're saying about the draft, but I agree with KopStar. Getting 20 people to dedicate the same 2-3 hours to this on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon could be pretty difficult. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it'd be a headache. I know doing it on the forums would take a while, but the main advantage of that is obviously that people could make their picks whenever. If someone isn't going to be on when it comes round to their pick, they could leave a shortlist with someone and the pick could be made from that. I didn't follow it too closely, but I think that's how Kari's drafting league worked? Put it this way, the main part of this league is going to be the draft, we need to find something that works for everyone.

I agree with the forum method to be honest. Weekends are the worst time for me and giving up several hours at any point on a Saturday or Sunday is almost impossible.

Just say you have to make your selection with 12hrs each time? For each time you miss you have to choose a player when all other teams are done. Most people won't take 12hrs anyway, and for the larger time differences there should still be enough time, no?

It must be really funny if someone cannot meet up a short while for a couple of sessions but can check the forum every few hours continuously for months.

Even if you are prepared to wait for a quarter or more, I can't guarantee if everyone would and we all have own commitments too in the process of the long months of forum drafting.

So don't be selfish or find excuses and stick to the plan that is clearly laid out for everyone to read before joining. We all give some and take some.

It must be really funny if someone cannot meet up a short while for a couple of sessions but can check the forum every few hours continuously for months.

Even if you are prepared to wait for half a year' date=' I can't guarantee if everyone would and we all have own commitments too in the process of the long months of forum drafting.

So don't be selfish or find excuses and stick to the plan that is clearly laid out for everyone to read before joining. We all give some and take some.[/quote']

I'm sorry, I think you may have misunderstood my last post. I could give you a list of times when I could be on SM for 2-3 hours. So could everyone, but that's just me.

What are the chances that all 20 people are able to devote the same 2-3 hours? It could be a nightmare to organise, and then there'll be the same process of finding a time again another 3/4 times. Put it this way, if I use Kari's Draft League as an example, they got through 362 picks in just over 3 weeks. For this one, if everyone picks 21 players, that's 420. If we used that method, it could take around 4 weeks, maybe 5 at most. Finding 4/5 2-3 hour sessions that everyone could be online for could take just as long, if not longer.

I agree with the forum method to be honest. Weekends are the worst time for me and giving up several hours at any point on a Saturday or Sunday is almost impossible.

I'm going to take myself and RageQuit as an example. I study at University full-time. The only days I have free (no lectures/seminars) are Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Unless it's a weekend when I'm visiting my fiancée (1 week in 4), I can give pretty much all-day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. However, if Saturday and Sunday are impossible for RageQuit, that leaves Friday. What if someone else wants to join but is busy all-day Friday?

evoked, I understand you're not keen on the forum idea, but I think getting everyone online at the same time is going to be a lot harder than you think it's going to be. It doesn't make me selfish, I'm just trying to see the pros and cons of it.

rlobb17, you fail to mention the Kazzer league did it at a lightning pace, 1 player per 1-2 hours? They are super active or have forum on half the day. Having to check the forums every few hours for a prolonged period is a hassle. Have you considered about people who can't login for an entire day or longer especially during weekdays?

If we don't make an effort to do something, of course it'll be difficult. The last online draft I attended had more than 10 people online with just 24 hours notice.

If someone wants to do conduct a draft league using forum, then I can join you instead, but it will easily take much more time just imagine everyone takes 5 hours instead of 1 (that easily bring up to 3 months), and you might have to deal with multiple shortlists.

Maybe we could do both? We start of drafting via forum and then schedule online meetings just to speed things up. If you can't be there, then just send a shortlist as big as you want, if it doesn't cover, You'd be randomly selected a player (a decent enough one..)

Seeing how slow the other online draft went It would probably take more then 3-4 meetings of 2-3 hours anyway, and only forum draft like someone said with 48hrs to reply.. we'd probably get to enyoj this league by summer :D

Besised when you know you are going to be away for say 24+ hours and it's your turn in say 3-5 picks, just send a smaller shortlist to the creator, Obviously It doesn't have to be more then what ever number covers the amount of people picking ahead of ya..

Preppens I did mention the estimated time required. And I don't understand how is 40-50 players per hour called slow? The forum+online you suggested will not only make things more messy, but also the forum draft will have little effect in contrast to online, that being said it is more hindrance than help. Always easy to throw in the shortlist idea, huge shortlist no limit whatever, it is easier said than done, if someone or yourself want to deal with all the massive shortlists then you can have the challenge.

To those with issues about online meeting:

You don't know how annoying it is when you are willing to come out with time and money to organise a game, and then a few guys come along to create problem and continue to harp on the same issue.

Let me get this straight, if anyone thinks it is possible to replicate the feat shown at Kazzer draft i.e. 1-2 drafts per hour, with more different individuals in the game, and if you think that is easier than a few online meeting sessions, then you still have to worry when is your next turn if it comes that soon, that you might even have to crawl out of bed at wee hours, and if you are at work or school, you might want to throw a 500-man shortlist to a robot who could also be looking at a few other similar shortlists, and if that is not possible, a slightly slower 5 hour/draft will need everyone to commit another 3 months just on the forums. But in the case you think you can do it, then please do it, I'm more than willing to join the marvel.

To Kop, I understand you have difficulties. We all have difficulties.

To RageQuit, I modeled my FDL to Kazzer's league, and you introduced it in the form of a not-so-fantasy FDL, and there you mentioned you are willing to do randomising for some of the teams that are supposedly in a "draft" league. Are you being a hypocrite or what?

To rlobb, I'm glad you can make it. But I hope you know it is better to stay silent than to add fuel to fire. I can do some maths too, but we need to do a complete one and then put ourselves in the situation. I certainly can't check the forum at that god-like pace for over a month, and having to worry when is my next turn.

I don't want to dampen the Fantasy Draft League mood anymore just because of a few individuals. I will avoid replying anymore drafting on forum ideas so I'm not intentionally trying to be ignorant. Let this be an ultimatum, if anyone do not agree with meeting online, read through all the above posts again, if you still do not agree, then if you believe you can have everyone do a 1-2 draft per hour league then please go ahead, if you don't agree with anything then the best solution for everybody is for you to withdraw.

Thank you. Don't give the little boy below any more headaches. :)

Preppens I did mention the estimated time required. And I don't understand how is 40-50 players per hour called slow? The forum+online you suggested will not only make things more messy' date=' but also the forum draft will have little effect in contrast to online, that being said it is more hindrance than help. Always easy to throw in the shortlist idea, huge shortlist no limit whatever, it is easier said than done, if someone or yourself want to deal with all the massive shortlists then you can have the challenge.

[u']To those with issues about online meeting:[/u]

You don't know how annoying it is when you are willing to come out with time and money to organise a game, and then a few guys come along to create problem and continue to harp on the same issue.

Let me get this straight, if anyone thinks it is possible to replicate the feat shown at Kazzer draft i.e. 1-2 drafts per hour, with more different individuals in the game, and if you think that is easier than a few online meeting sessions, then you still have to worry when is your next turn if it comes that soon, that you might even have to crawl out of bed at wee hours, and if you are at work or school, you might want to throw a 500-man shortlist to a robot who could also be looking at a few other similar shortlists, and if that is not possible, a slightly slower 5 hour/draft will need everyone to commit another 3 months just on the forums. But in the case you think you can do it, then please do it, I'm more than willing to join the marvel.

To Kop, I understand you have difficulties. We all have difficulties.

To RageQuit, I modeled my FDL to Kazzer's league, and you introduced it in the form of a not-so-fantasy FDL, and there you mentioned you are willing to do randomising for some of the teams that are supposedly in a "draft" league. Are you being a hypocrite or what?

To rlobb, I'm glad you can make it. But I hope you know it is better to stay silent than to add fuel to fire. I can do some maths too, but we need to do a complete one and then put ourselves in the situation. I certainly can't check the forum at that god-like pace for over a month, and having to worry when is my next turn.

I don't want to dampen the Fantasy Draft League mood anymore just because of a few individuals. I will avoid replying anymore drafting on forum ideas so I'm not intentionally trying to be ignorant. Let this be an ultimatum, if anyone do not agree with meeting online, read through all the above posts again, if you still do not agree, then if you believe you can have everyone do a 1-2 draft per hour league then please go ahead, if you don't agree with anything then the best solution for everybody is for you to withdraw.

Thank you. Don't give the little boy below any more headaches. :)

I'm very free this week, school hols, after that time accommodation will be tough.

To rlobb' date=' I'm glad you can make it. But I hope you know it is better to stay silent than to add fuel to fire. I can do some maths too, but we need to do a complete one and then put ourselves in the situation. I certainly can't check the forum at that god-like pace for over a month, and having to worry when is my next turn.[/quote']

Look, I understand at the end of the day that you're the one that's going to be creating the league, but I've said that I'm skeptical that you won't be able to find a time when 20 of us are going to be able to be online at the same time. You haven't suggested a solution, you've just called us "selfish" because we may have other, more important, commitments than SM. You can't tell me why your idea is better, but you can tell me why everyone else's is worse.

You've had 4 of us now trying to help find solutions that work for everyone, and you've pretty much managed to take a snipe at each of us in that last post. Good luck with your draft, but you can take my name off the list.

Yeah sorry mate but I can't see everyone being online at the same time.. and if it helps, me withdrawing might actually make it more possible for the league to be a success as you don't have the crazy Aussie timezone to deal with.

Was looking forward to a drafting league so I hope this one works out well.

So I've withdrawn... good luck with it but

I'm being a hypocrite?

Cool, take me off the list as well. I don't even know how you got to those conclusions based on what I said, and I'm not particularly interested either. If you want to discuss this via PM then fine, but there's no point deviating any further in this thread.

Also, I'd just like to point out that I know exactly how it feels to spend time and money on something just for others to make life difficult or fail you. It's something I deal with regularly, and I'm sure that others here have too.

People would be more receptive to you if their assistance wasn't met with spite and little evidence.

I wish you the best of luck with this league, but I'm dropping out.

I ll take Bayern if it s free. Ingame nick: Pete Meteor

Welcome on board! :D

I'm very free this week' date=' school hols, after that time accommodation will be tough.[/quote']

sorry to say there will not be draft this weekend, but there will be Manchester United vs Manchester City. haha.. like I said there will be a few days notice before the meeting. Also we need the league to be full, or almost full, I'm looking to start the draft next weekend when the league should be well occupied by then. more details to follow..

Haha.. now got 4 kuku from HWZ/EDMW lol.

Still got Shawn's bro haven't join, why don't you just help him create a forum account? It'll be needed when posting individual squad and draft. Access not so important since you two are bros, just choose any nick for him. Anyway I know his SM name already.

Is there anyone here living in USA or from the US time zone? If there is nobody then I think we can do the draft at an earlier time which will suit Europe and Asia.