Sign in to follow this  
evoked87

FANTASY Draft League (FDL)

Re: FANTASY Draft League

Thank you for your interest drink. Hope you have fun.

I guess it is because the game hasn't start or people here are busy, we are still short of a few more, could cut the league size depending on the next 1-2days. Where to advertise? on eBay? lol. Would like to get things going and start drafting this weekend that's why I asked about the timing. Looks like no US Time Zone though... if that's the case we could do draft at SM Time 08:00 then it will suit EU & Azn.

The initial part is the hectic part, will require about 4 sessions, but after that it is pretty easy - Trading and smaller season drafting using the forums.

I notice there is another draft league going on. But we have no problems with that.

That draft league is based on shortlists while we're a live draft. I applaud the organiser for taking requests and a lot of time and effort to come out with his game. He is one of those that I respect with fresh ideas about the game and a mind of his own.

I'm not sure if most of the participants there think deep enough, I guess a few are starting to see it after some enlightenment from others. The idea of a shortlist is not as conceptually flawless as it is first assumed.

There is actually a prominent random factor going on no matter what size of shortlist is used, of course it gets worse if it is small because the shortlist is gonna be similar to most others anyway. In short, the randomizing comes in the form of the organiser's drafting procedures and his opinion on players.

Though I'll think with shortlist, most people will just choose to close one eye if you are not too picky about your team, after all you have somebody doing all the work for you.

The consolation is that you can still expect to see most familiar players from your shortlist. However, it will not be the same as a live draft, the order that they are being picked will definitely be different.

Simply put, the squads from a single-man shortlisting will differ from allowing every manager to pick for his own team at a live draw. It is something that cannot replace every managers individual judgment and also the excitement that comes along with live drafting. :D

Rest assured the FDL is still on!

Jordan, I've recruited some fellow sinkies from HWZ, it is gonna be fun when we meet lol.

I'm planning the first online meeting on the coming Sat & Sun, SM Time 08:00, I'll post it at announcements when confirmed tomorrow or the day after. That should get things started. If anyone have any opinions please voice out before the announcements.

Rest assured the FDL is still on!

Jordan' date=' I've recruited some fellow sinkies from HWZ, it is gonna be fun when we meet lol.

I'm planning the first online meeting on the coming Sat & Sun, SM Time 08:00, I'll post it at announcements when confirmed tomorrow or the day after. That should get things started. If anyone have any opinions please voice out before the announcements.[/quote']

it's a good news.

Keep us updated :D

Yeh, count me in. Been waiting to do a live draft ever since the last one failed. I see that Barcelona have become free, so I guess I'll take them. ;)

In-Game Name: King Dobson

Yeh' date=' count me in. Been waiting to do a live draft ever since the last one failed. I see that Barcelona have become free, so I guess I'll take them. ;)

In-Game Name: King Dobson[/quote']

Sure lucky timing... lol, Barca over the one from your avatar eh? :D

it's a good news.

Keep us updated :D

Meanwhile can play PES 2012, the PC version very nice, much improved from 2011. I download the pespatchs and there are new clubs, transfers, logos, jerseys etc. Damn fun... trash FIFA 2012 PC.

Latest announcements...

League is trimmed to 18 clubs. 3 teams relegation/3 teams promotion. The squad size for first draft will be now 22 players each team, minimum of 2 goalkeepers per team. Squad size to maintain is still 21-35.

more to follow...

Hi Evoked' date='

Shawn's bro here.Is Liverpool still available :confused: If it is may I have Liverpool please?If not Juve will do just fine :D[/quote']

Haha yes.. was gonna message him tonight to make forum account but guess no need anymore.

Ok, I'll switch Liverpool for you since you are here for the first time.

Juventus is free now.

Haha yes.. was gonna message him tonight to make forum account but guess no need anymore.

Ok' date=' I'll switch Liverpool for you since you are here for the first time.

[b']Juventus is free now.[/b]

Thanks :) May I know when the drat is starting?Gonna pass the list to my bro ;)

Thank you everyone for your patience, now some more important stuffs.

Latest announcements:

The first 2 LIVE drafts are on:

29/10 Saturday SM Time 08:00

30/10 Sunday SM Time 08:00

Estimated duration 2-3 hours.

Chat link will be provided shortly before the draft starts. Please use your forum nick as chat nickname for easy identification.

---------------------

Thread for FDL Draft picks + Teams:

Here

Every participant can now reserve a post for their team @ the thread.

---------------------

Draft order will be randomized on the same day of the first draft.

Made myself a spot on the thread' date='

Times are good for me.[/quote']

Yes we are FULL!!! Getting a bit excited.

Meanwhile everyone can go post their team while waiting for the draft. It can also include formations, team stats etc in the future when the draft is complete.

A point to note, we're now each drafting 22 players instead of 21.