Sign in to follow this  
evoked87

FANTASY Draft League (FDL)

Re: FANTASY Draft League

Thank you everyone for your time this weekend. We're more than halfway through which is very good progress.

Everyone can now take a break for the coming days. The next draft will be next weekend 5th/6th Nov, time will be confirmed at a later date.

--

barna, see PM, you may switch only your 3rd GK, Stekelenburg, for someone else.

Thank you everyone for your time this weekend. We're more than halfway through which is very good progress.

Everyone can now take a break for the coming days. The next draft will be next weekend 5th/6th Nov' date=' time will be confirmed at a later date.

--

barna, see PM, you may switch only your 3rd GK, Stekelenburg, for someone else.[/quote']

Good job CM Punk! LoL :D

Can't wait for the next draft! B)

I left my brother with specific instructions on who to pick for me and he ended up getting me Steklenberg when I already have Mandanda.

Can I trade him because this is a joke....

i dont knwo why ur angry i got eto'o???!!!! :mad: :mad::mad:

Hi all, been a little busy. But it is back to business time...

Updates:

A.

The last 2 live draft will be on:

5/11 Saturday, SM Time 08:00, est. duration 2-3hrs

6/11 Sunday, SM Time 08:00, est. duration 1-2hrs

B.

Supplement youth draft.

There will be some extra cash left after our 22-players draft, so we can do a youth draft of an additional 3 players.

This draft will not be live, all participants can send/PM me a shortlist of 10-50 players in order of preference.

A good timing to send the shortlist will be between the Saturday & Sunday live draft. The deadline for the shortlist to be submitted is right after the 6/11 Sunday live draft.

I'll sort all the youth drafts out and list them before our game world begins, probably on Monday or Tuesday.

Requirements:

21 years old or younger.

85 rating or below.

Hi all' date=' been a little busy. But it is back to business time...

[b']Updates:[/b]

A.

The last 2 live draft will be on:

5/11 Saturday, SM Time 08:00, est. duration 2-3hrs

6/11 Sunday, SM Time 08:00, est. duration 1-2hrs

B.

Supplement youth draft.

There will be some extra cash left after our 22-players draft, so we can do a youth draft of an additional 3 players.

This draft will not be live, all participants can send/PM me a shortlist of 10-50 players in order of preference.

A good timing to send the shortlist will be between the Saturday & Sunday live draft. The deadline for the shortlist to be submitted is right after the 6/11 Sunday live draft.

I'll sort all the youth drafts out and list them before our game world begins, probably on Monday or Tuesday.

Requirements:

21 years old or younger.

85 rating or below.

Yeah i'll be there,

Are we allowed to bid on external players once the GW is created? I suggest we shouldn't be allowed to do so.

Yeah i'll be there' date='

Are we allowed to bid on external players once the GW is created? I suggest we shouldn't be allowed to do so.[/quote']

That is something I've been considering, thought I'll ask during the live draft but since you brought it up... I would like to hear opinions from our participants.

The initial idea is a no. Because as mentioned in the rules there is a 2 players/season draft. And the final position of teams at the end of the season will determine their draft order. Therefore, there is no other transfers other than the 2players/season draft, or if you trade with any managed clubs. We call this idea #1.

But I've been contemplating if to abolish that idea and allow an open(normal) transfer system after we all finish our 22+3 players draft. This is idea #2.

In idea #1, there is slightly more purpose to the draft game. But it is harder to manage and coordinate as the game goes on, some people may not check the forum regularly, at some point we'll have to accept there will be new comers and the limited draft could prove to be a problem. The positive part is there is an extra reason to aim to finish higher.

In idea #2, this is more free and open. Like in any other normal game world.

Actually I'm now leaning towards this idea because after we finish our 25 players draft, there will probably be still some money left and everyone can go on further to furnish their squads. We should be already quite satisfied with our initial 25 men so the remaining key transfers will only be trading and not from any external clubs. There is also no need to be worried about future drafts as the market will be back to normal.

I like 2 but to be fair there could be a rating limit of around 85!?!?

you mean it is too high? I thought it is okay since there's another limit of 21 years old. anyway the chances and number of the higher rating youngsters left after our live draft will not be much' date=' so I thought the requirements is fine.

that's also the reason why I think idea #2 will fit better for us because the remaining external players will not be superstars, so freedom in signing will not have that big an impact, and also it gives everyone additional chance to add more depth to their 25-men if they want to. I anticipate we'll each have some money, but not much after the 25 players draft, so the influence is even lower.

I'll publish our league report after all draft, almost done, it is quite funny I thought lol.

meanwhile in taskbar,

[img']http://www.epltalk.com/media/2011/10/football-manager-2012-cover.jpg[/img]

:D lol :D

Participants may start sending their shortlists for youth draft now or right after the live draft later. You can PM me the list of youth players.

The deadline is 5 hours from the time of this post. Thank you!

Updates:

The concept of first transfer window and future transfers has been finalised.

Each manager is allowed to sign only their 25 players that were drafted in the first transfer window.

All teams should have 25 players only for Season 1's competition.

For season 2 onwards, all teams can make transfers as per normal. Managers may begin signing extra players outside the initial 25 only at season 2 or after the first transfer window closes.

The first post has been updated and simplified.

We're done with our first 22 players live draft!

Following, will be youth draft of additional 3 players, by shortlist. I'll sort it out by tomorrow. [send me by PM within the next 4-5 hours latest if you haven't]

Game world will be up on Monday or Tuesday. So you can check around my profile for it. I'll also PM all participants when the gameworld is available.

Thank you all, now it is time to have fun~ :D

All the drafts are done!!!

22 from live draft + 3 from youth draft.

Please visit following to see more:

Team Thread OR Direct link for Full draft

Side note: there are 2 additional teams added, Lyon & A.Madrid to make up 10 teams/division, a requirement for SM.

The GameWorld should be up on Monday or Tuesday. I'll PM all participants once it is ready. :D

who's gonna take the lyon and atletico team? their players really sucks btw.:D

Yup it is meant to be lol. But their average rating can still make interesting competition. Intend to keep them for AI after signing up the players, unless got some very brave tinkerman souls want to reform them in the future.

Haha, Preppens you got all your first 3 choices. Your team looks pretty nasty. B)