Mason Bennett - 15 year old wonderkid - England's next prospect

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mason Bennett Name: Mason Bennett Club: Derby County Nationality: English Date of Birth: 15/06/1996 Position: Striker SM Rating: 75 NOW ON DB! Academy starlet Mason Ben

Re: Mason Bennett - 15 year old wonderkid - England's next prospect Mason Bennett at 15 years and 99 days is now officially the youngest player to ever play for Derby County.

Re: Mason Bennett - 15 year old wonderkid - England's next prospect

i wonder how long it will take for him to get added to the database... B)

i reckon it will take a while because of his age' date=' i cant remember someone being added on the database when they were 15! i remember Martin Galvan (mexican lad) when he was added at 16, or it might have been 15...

anyways the point is, SM get him on so i can snap him up quick! haha.[/quote']

Grimaldo was 15 and I heard Saul Niguez was also 15

Galvan was 14 when he was added :)

yeaaa its ridicolously brillaint :') never mind, hope this lad comes on soon. although i red somewhere that clough said that he wont play every match and wont always be in the first team, but still a great prospect. he is training with the under18's because of half-term apparently.

yeaaa its ridicolously brillaint :') never mind' date=' hope this lad comes on soon. although i red somewhere that clough said that he wont play every match and wont always be in the first team, but still a great prospect. he is training with the under18's because of half-term apparently.[/quote']

Yeah this is true. To be fair I don't think playing every game is the right answer for him. Let him be involved in the odd game here and there but he shouldn't play for the first team week in week out.

I am totally convinced he will be a great player in the future. He's involved in the national youth teams and is scoring goals for them so I don't see why he won't be a massive player in the future.

Radio derby reckon clough says bennett has just signed a 5 yr contract and will be at the club till he is 20 at least.

That should keep the big clubs from our door.

or maybe they can still offer mega bucks and take him off our hands anyway.

Only time will tell.

He really should have got himself a brace on Saturday' date=' but for Jason Steele's heroics!

Hope he starts again against Pompey. I think the pace of the game surprised him, but we saw glimpses of his genius.[/quote']

like we have previously said he wont play every game. clough insisted it was just to give him abit of experience. if he rushes the lad into first team games every week he probably pick up more bad habits than good experiences. also he wont be sitting on the bench every week either because it could play on his mind and you dont want to affect a young lad's confidence. the best way is what clough is doing now, keep him on his toes by playing him on the odd occasion. he will still develop massively this way.

plus it keeps his head down and wont become too cocky or anything like that. he will keep working hard for his oppurtunity, remember this lad is in year10 at school! can expecting him to play every week. he isnt even fully grown yet.

anyways, great lad, great future. and as i West Brom fan i hope he does well for Derby and then moves to a big club when he is around 19 - 21 years old. would be amazing aswell if derby got promoted, it will help derby keep him because he will be playing for a premier league club. if your in the championship then he has a reason to leave. i reckon clough has got this lad on his side, good to see that especially in modern day football :D

Mason came on as a sub today in the game against Portsmouth. I didn't go to the game but from what I have heard he played well when he came on.

He had a run from the half way line and managed to get into the Portsmouth box on his own but just didn't release the ball in time to score or set up the goal, but apparently he looked very bright.

like we have previously said he wont play every game. clough insisted it was just to give him abit of experience. if he rushes the lad into first team games every week he probably pick up more bad habits than good experiences. also he wont be sitting on the bench every week either because it could play on his mind and you dont want to affect a young lad's confidence. the best way is what clough is doing now' date=' keep him on his toes by playing him on the odd occasion. he will still develop massively this way.

plus it keeps his head down and wont become too cocky or anything like that. he will keep working hard for his oppurtunity, remember this lad is in year10 at school! can expecting him to play every week. he isnt even fully grown yet.

[b']anyways, great lad, great future. and as i West Brom fan i hope he does well for Derby and then moves to a big club when he is around 19 - 21 years old.[/b] would be amazing aswell if derby got promoted, it will help derby keep him because he will be playing for a premier league club. if your in the championship then he has a reason to leave. i reckon clough has got this lad on his side, good to see that especially in modern day football :D

We are a big club!

He came on today again. The lad's in rapid.

We are a big club!

He came on today again. The lad's in rapid.

no disrespect to Derby, i did mean the big clubs in England like Arsenal, Man United etc. To be honest he is probably best to stay with you guys anyways.

I didnt see him play but i heard he came on and got some game time. hope he gets added soon to the DB!

He did indeed start last night and we also lost 3-0.

I went and watched his performance very closely. It's blatently obvious that when you give him the ball to his feet facing defenders he will hurt you. He has a real swagger on the football pitch and you can just tell by the way he moves that he is absolutely class.

He has pace, he can pass the ball, he has everything to be a good footballer. He was knocking full grown men over and he's 15 years old.

His movement was superb, however, the service he got last night wasn't brilliant. 9 times out of 10 they were expecting him to win headers against tall center halves, and to be fair to the lad he won a few, however it isn't his strongest point.

When I went to collect the tickets yesterday the bloke in front of me wanted to sit in the Marston's Pedigree suite, but they wouldn't let him in because the suite was packed with scouts to see Mason play.

So after yesterday's performance, the the team performance wasn't brilliant, however Bennett certainly stood out and put in a real effort.

He did indeed start last night and we also lost 3-0.

I went and watched his performance very closely. It's blatently obvious that when you give him the ball to his feet facing defenders he will hurt you. He has a real swagger on the football pitch and you can just tell by the way he moves that he is absolutely class.

He has pace' date=' he can pass the ball, he has everything to be a good footballer. He was knocking full grown men over and he's 15 years old.

His movement was superb, however, the service he got last night wasn't brilliant. 9 times out of 10 they were expecting him to win headers against tall center halves, and to be fair to the lad he won a few, however it isn't his strongest point.

When I went to collect the tickets yesterday the bloke in front of me wanted to sit in the Marston's Pedigree suite, but they wouldn't let him in because the suite was packed with scouts to see Mason play.

So after yesterday's performance, the the team performance wasn't brilliant, however Bennett certainly stood out and put in a real effort.[/quote']

thats really goood news to be honest. i was expecting him to hide and be out of the game, thats what the result suggests. however your report shows good signs and if he stood out then he must be doing alot of things right. i would love to know which club scouts where there! but you'd expect them to be there watching the lad, great report anyways.

Just signed him on all my sides. This guy will be absolute force in 10 years' date=' believe me.[/quote']

Same age as he is. He'll probably be playing in the World Cup by then while I'll probably be stuck in some office doing paper work. The thing is, will most of us be here in 10 years time?.:rolleyes:

Yep I've got him in 2/3 sides. Lost him in one of my setups and I bidded 2.3m for him!

Yeah he is going to be huge. You don't play in the second tier of English football at the age of 15 for nothing. He is going to be England's talisman in 10 years time. Very similar to what Rooney is like at the moment.