Mason Bennett - 15 year old wonderkid - England's next prospect

wozza

Re: Mason Bennett - 15 year old wonderkid - England's next prospect

I wander how long until he'll be a regular I don't keep track on Derby. Good post he certainly looks promising.

I'd give it a couple of years personally. The worst possible thing Derby could do is rush him. If we rush him his development could be affected.

Very much looking forward to how he develops over the coming seasons. He should get the odd start here and there over this season and will get substitute appearances too.

• 3 weeks later...

Scored tonight with a very nice finish to help England U16 beat Scotland 4-2 and win the Victory Shield.

A class performance. He was superb. I don't know about you but he just looks a class above everybody else. He's scored 4 goals in 3 now for England U16's. He is a real talent.

I haven't really updated this recently, but last week he scored for the U18's vs Huddersfield which turned out to be the winning goal in a 2-1 victory.

I don't know if he'll be involved this Saturday for Derby. He might be seeing as our 3 first choice strikers are all out due to injury. He might be on the bench.

Oh, and he has twitter! @masonbennett28

A class performance. He was superb. I don't know about you but he just looks a class above everybody else. He's scored 4 goals in 3 now for England U16's. He is a real talent.

I haven't reall updated this recently' date=' but last week he scored for the U18's vs Huddersfield which turned out to be the winning goal in a 2-1 victory.

I don't know if he'll be involved this Saturday for Derby. He might be seeing as our 3 first choice strikers are all out due to injury. He might be on the bench.[/quote']

The way he took his goal with the outside of his foot was brilliant, looks like a top player.

• 7 months later...

Nothing recently.

He's been tied to a fairly long term contract.

He hasnt played many first team games, this is his first season out of school to be honest.

I think the only reason he sometimes gets talked about, was he was big for his age, and got to play with kids 1 or 2 years older than him, even for England.

From what I have seen at derby, Will Hughes looks the much better player, and I expect him to get at least as many minutes as Bennett, if not more.