Lionel Messi - not that good

maurice_fitzsimmons

Re: Lionel Messi - not that good

I swapped Messi for Neymar' date=' Cavani and 55m.

in no gameworld I am in is messi as good as he is in real life. in fact, in the game i sold him he played 18 games with 2 goals and four assists.

I'm happy to get two up-and-comers like those mentioned plus a load of readies.[/quote']

I suppose it also depends on your tactics, whether or not they suit him. I play him as a playmaker in midfield, and it seems to work for me.

ive never had the pleasure of having messi in one of my teams, but ive always found either when playing two upfront play a fwd/am alonside a cf and fwd/am score's shed loads of goals so maybe its just down to positional places or maybe just unlucky

but gotta say if i did get my clutches on messi i'd never let him go:D

Depends how you play him, I use him as a target man up front and get him to take all set pieces.. Usually gets me at least a 9/10 every game.

Personally I don't think you got a good deal, money is useless in a packed gameworld and Neymar and Cavani will never get anywhere near 99. Basically if you have the best player in the game and he is only 23 then you should keep him !!!!

Why did you even do that? Shocking deal indeed to be honest. The players are great but its Messi we are talking about here. 90 + 91 for a 99?! You couldve received better. Anyway have you tried Messi upfront? Works like a charm upfront. This season his record for upfront is 4 goals and 11 assists in 18 apps. He plays next to David Villa. I know it might not seem great but last season he got 37 goals and 17 assists in 35 matches, his best season for me.

Lol you could've made a way better deal imo. And honestly, if Messi doesn't play that well I think its also partially your fault. Just won Division 1 of a Euro Champ with Barcelona and Messi was top scorer with 10 goals in 12 matches and he had the best average rating with 8.58, also top MoTM (5 times) and 3 assists. So for me he was absolutely brilliant.

I won the league with 8 points difference between me and the #2 btw.

But in the end, if Cavani and Neymar do score a lot of goals for you, who cares. I just think you could've gotten so much more for Messi :o

Oh and to add some more :P

Another GW where I manage Argentina, he's played 41 matches for me, scored 21 goals and had 14 assists, earning him 20 MoTM's and an average rating of 8.49 (over 41 matches!). ;)

This is Messi on one of my teams, I use him as a target man and he takes all set pieces. Also bear in mind this is only league games! I remember he scored a lot more in the cups (I wish SM would record all competitions on player's histories).

messiel.jpg

Picture speaks for itself..

This is Messi on one of my teams' date=' I use him as a target man and he takes all set pieces. Also bear in mind this is only league games! I remember he scored a lot more in the cups (I wish SM would record all competitions on player's histories).

Picture speaks for itself..[/quote']

No goals this season... not good enough :P

No goals this season... not good enough :P

In my Manchester City team (season just over; champions with 93 points :P), Messi plays normally in the middle 3 of a 4-2-3-1, and he was the best player (18 goals, 12 assists, 8 times Man of the Match)... i suppose it has to do with the manager!!! ;)

Cheers! B)

in no gameworld I am in is messi as good as he is in real life. in fact, in the game i sold him he played 18 games with 2 goals and four assists.

I'm happy to get two up-and-comers like those mentioned plus a load of readies.[/quote']

Personally I think you made a terrible mistake. While there is a chance the 2 players you received will rise, I doubt they will ever add up to Messi's value. And while Neymar is a young prospect Messi himself is only 24 - and the peak age is usually 25-26!

You were playing him in the correct position, weren't you? :)

(Note I may currently be a bit biased, as Messi scored 4 goals in 1 game for my Bayern's 5-0 win on Wednesday ;) ).

LOL.... i bet the guy who bought Messi off you cannot believe his luck...

dont know what you were doing wrong with Messi, but here's his stat's with me for the last 5 seasons (rated 98 for the first 4 of them)

.............................app:.........gls....asts..mom..rating

5 Arsenal Division 1....13 (0)........8......4......9.......9.00

4 Arsenal Division 1....19 (0).......14......7......7.......8.74

3 Arsenal Division 1....21 (0).......21......13.....13.....8.86

2 Arsenal Division 1....16 (0).......10......6......6.......8.25

1 Arsenal Division 1..... 6 (0)........2......5......5.......8.67

i rotate him with Aguero

5 Arsenal Division 1.....8 (0..........5......5......2......8.38

4 Arsenal Division 1....18 (0).......13.....13.....7......8.50

3 Arsenal Division 1....10 (0).........8......4.....9.......9.00

1 Arsenal Division 1....24 (0)........13....10.....7.......8.17

as you can see he outperforms Aguero not by much but non-the-less he's clearly the better performer.

i use a single front man with attacking wingers in most cases, service provided in this case from higuain and robben, until last season when i aquired ronaldo so dumped robben.

cavani is a good striker, but will need to move to a big club to improve his rating, although if napoli perform well in europe and the league he could get a 92. Neymar is very worthwhile, his potential is a real unkown, on here he has his detractors but i'm not one of them, i think he could be a potential 94-96 player, but until he moves to europe and plays against the big boy defenders week in week out, we'll never know. He's holding out for a deal to a major club, and rumour is very strong that a deal with madrid is already a done deal, but is under wraps until end of season - who knows.

as someone else stated as a game world progresses money becomes a lot less meaningfull - very very true.

i would not sell messi for anything - not even ronaldo + iniesta would get messi off me. and i would never sell one of my top players for money.

but i'd love you to join some of my other game worlds, in particular whichever team has messi in it and let me know - i'll gladly give you pretty much any deal you want :)

• 5 weeks later...

yeah... sorry to break this to you man but that deal looks pretty bad that you got. should of kept him and worked him around for awhile and found his right position. in my league i play a 4-4-2 diamond and play him in the am position. doesnt score much...ASSISTS SO MUCH. my team couldnt win when he wasnt there, finally got him, and now there winning. the messi affect. never would trade him.

What an awful deal for you lol.

Even if he wasnt playing well for you (Try new formaton first) you can easily get two 94+ rated players for him.

I swapped Nani and Di Maria in a gameworld to get him. Ive seen Rooney and Ozil in oter setups.

Also you will haev a bigger squad now. Which usually means concerns for lack of games :) So a really bad move by you mate

Guest Blitzkrieg

As said before, you completely got robbed here. Messi is arguably the greatest player ever to grace a football field, and you sold him for a very decent striker and a very exciting young talent, nothing more.

When I bought Messi for the price of Nasri + Pedro + De Gea, I was over the moon to get him. My team is awesome, but it struggles to get any sort of good form. Messi came in and for the first time in 4 real life years, I'm looking to win trophies with that team:

Messi's stats since joining:

Games played: 10

Goals scored: 12

Assists: 5

Mom: 7

I play him as part of a playmaking duo with Sneijder, they play behind lone striker Gomez.

LOL still can't believe how ripped off you got with this deal. I wish I was the guy that got Messi off you !

Here's his stats for one of my Chelsea teams that's just won the league with Messi as target man all season.

35 apps 34 goals 31 assists 16 MoM 8.83 Average-Rating 4 YC 0 RC

Messi has been on top form for me since i sign him! he played 2 seasons and this is his record.

Season 1 Season 2

Games - 29 Games - 33

Goals - 23 Goals - 54

Assist -18 Assists - 26

MoM - 12 MoM - 21

Average rating - 8.46 Average rating - 9.33

And thats not including cup games!

Guest Blitzkrieg

Messi has been on top form for me since i sign him! he played 2 seasons and this is his record.

Season 1 Season 2

Games - 29 Games - 33

Goals - 23 Goals - 54

Assist -18 Assists - 26

MoM - 12 MoM - 21

Average rating - 8.46 Average rating - 9.33

And thats not including cup games!

Season 2 is absolutely sick!

• 1 year later...

This is Messi on one of my teams' date=' I use him as a target man and he takes all set pieces. Also bear in mind this is only league games! I remember he scored a lot more in the cups (I wish SM would record all competitions on player's histories).

Picture speaks for itself..[/quote']

You use him as target man in what position in what tactics? Thnks

Archived