It's Tough At The Bottom!

Keith Fitz

Re: It's Tough At The Bottom!

J.H steered Crewe Alexandra to victory against fierce rivals Stockport County in the Cheshire Derby.

Crewe Alexandra outclassed Stockport County and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Paulao had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Pearce was on the scoresheet for his side.

limped home with a one - nil away win. keeps us point off 4th place Barnet who had a stunning victory over Bristol Rovers.

Well now I've seen it all. Went back to 4-2-2-2 which I has served me well all season when playing away, never lost in fact. Until this arse whooping of biblical proportions today. I have no solutions, I have no witty comment but I do have beer, lots of beer B)

If it wasn't for my cyber friends giving me support in my hour of need I would be depressed right now. I'm off to the roof...

Well now I've seen it all. Went back to 4-2-2-2 which I has served me well all season when playing away' date=' never lost in fact. Until this arse whooping of biblical proportions today. I have no solutions, I have no witty comment but I do have beer, lots of beer B)

If it wasn't for my cyber friends giving me support in my hour of need I would be depressed right now. I'm off to the roof...[/quote']

I've had two games in a row with basically ten men! :mad:,Southends to lose..

spacer.gif

Smoky BBQ earned a draw with Rotherham United against Torquay United.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Rotherham United and Torquay United in their Division 2 fixture.

Oxlade-chamberlain scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Grabban was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Its just my 1st game and my top Cb is out for 2 games :mad:. But still, it was a decent draw, Happy with Oxlade getting motm :D

Turn Round-Up

Division One

Well with four games to go it's still interesting at the top and the bottom,defeats for Bristol Rovers and Cambridge puts Southend in pole position and three points clear at the top!Good wins for Barnet and Braintree keeps them a couple of points clear of the relegation zone.Crewe who have won six games on the trot, look good as they are two points clear of the zone,they beat Stockport.Stockport are bottom of the league and look doomed as they are eight points from safety.Despite Port Vales fantastic 6-1 win against Cambridge they look doomed,while defeats for Oxford and Wimbledon didn't help their cause they are far from relegated...

Divison Two

Table toppers Rotherham where held 2-2 at home to third placed Torquay.Rotherham are six points clear of the promotion chasing pack ,but two clear at the top.Second placed Northampton kpet the pressure up thanks to a 1-0 win at home to York.Bradford continue to decline and may be happy now with a play-off place,they where defeated 3-2 at home to Mansfield.Gillingham who now occupy a play-off place with Bradford had a super 3-0 home win against Swindon,Swindon themselves are still very much in the shake-up.Luton and Shrewsbury will have to plan for next season.

Rovers Blow 3-0 Lead

Bristol Rovers 3-3 Braintree

Brstol Rovers lead 3-0 after 63 mins and the game ended 3-3' date='any faint hopes of winning the title look to have gone after this costly result[/b']

Thank God for that, I thought I was screwed after my slip up. You never know though, only a 2 point gap, 3 games left, still all to play for

Damn it' date=' a bore 0-0 draw means we lose our place at the top, 2 games left. 3 horse race for the title![/quote']

Yes 1 point between the top 3 with 3 games left,Crewe are the form team in the league and I have them final game of the season!!

Oxford 1-2 Bristol Rovers

Bristol Rovers 58

Southend 58

Cambridge 57

:D:D:D:D

jack hutchinson earned a draw with Crewe Alexandra against Southend United.

The match ended 0 - 0 between Crewe Alexandra and Southend United in their Division 1 fixture.

Smith had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

A big point for us, and also alters the title race!

OSMAN back from suspension, PEARCE ( who just got a tasty +6! 74>80) gets a one match ban...

eagerly awaiting further risers from the Championship...BARTLEY, Paul JONES, WISEMAN

John MARQUIS 72>77 today also...

Manager Of The Turn

Sgt.Fury

Cambridge

There weren't that many stand-out results' date='but Cambridge had to win and Braintree where second in the form table,so I'm afraid Sgt gets the award![/quote']

Don't sound so excited :)

Been a very enjoyable season I must say. Of course we will win it all in the end. Naturally.

Next turn see's the top 3 play the bottom 3...

Wee Port Vale drag themselves off the bottom with a 4-2 win over Barnet. They are now 2nd on form, but the poor start they had coupled with a tight and competitive division has meant that this new found form has had little to no effect in terms of league positions and relegation is just as likely as it was before the good recent run.

The manager now has to decide if he wants to try to do the impossible go all out to escape the relegation places or be sensible and keep a full strength first team available for the playoff. Although the manager has admitted that he's not entirely sure if there is automatic relegation or playoffs in the bottom 4 so that will have a massive bearing on his descision :D