It's Tough At The Bottom!

Keith Fitz

Re: It's Tough At The Bottom!

Season One Ends

Newly crowned champions Bristol Rovers drew 4-4 away to Crewe in the last game of the season.Needless to say manager Keith Fitzsimons is delighted with this.It was a cracking season in which Southend or Cambridge could have easily won the league too.It really was a see-saw battle.In the second half of the season Crewe where easily the best team,they finished 4th when they where bottom for the most part of the first part of the season.They will be one of the league favorites next season;)Hard luck to Oxford,Wimbledon,Port Vale and Stockport who all went down:(

In division 2 Northampton,Torquay and Rotherham all promoted to division 1.Northampton won the title on goal difference from all three teams!:eek:,Bradford and Swindon will meet in a play-off which will see one of those teams promoted.Gillingham where very unlucky to miss out

Noooooooooo!!! As if an 89th minute from Bristol Rovers won them the title! Watching the score centre was so tense! Can't believe that! Well done mate :)

I always watch my games on score centre more interesting :),the 89th leveller didn't matter though,we had it won on goal difference

I always watch my games on score centre more interesting :)' date='the 89th leveller didn't matter though,we had it won on goal difference[/quote']

A thrilling match ended 4 - 4 between Crewe Alexandra and Bristol Rovers in their Division 1 encounter.

Ciofani, Smith and Bartley were amongst the goalscorers.

What.a.game....

goals in 84th and 87 mins after being 2-3 at half time and Crewe had the game sewn up, but an 89th minute goal levels it for Rovers!

6' GOAL!! - A clever pass takes out the defence and Alexandre LUDOVIC rifles a right foot shot in off the woodwork!

7' GOAL!! - Alexandre LUDOVIC steps up to score the penalty kick.

20' GOAL!! - Daniel CIOFANI dummies the keeper and slides the ball into the empty net!

24' GOAL!! - The ball is played square to Marvin BARTLEY on the edge of the box who rasps home a screamer!

34' GOAL!! - A cross from the right is headed home by Alexandre LUDOVIC!

84' GOAL!! - Using all his skill Daniel CIOFANI darts past the defenders and drives the ball past the keeper!

87' GOAL!! - Ryan SMITH hits a powerful right foot shot into the onion bag! He'll be proud of that one!

89' GOAL!! - A brilliant through-ball leaves Mehmet AKYUZ with just the keeper to beat and he confidently places it! Great finish!

end to end stuff, just by looking at the times the goals went in! really happy with our 4th place, absolutely stormed the league in the final third of the season. Cant wait for next season, must be in with a shout for the title!

congrats Fitz and Rovers!

End Of Season Review!!!

Divison One

Champions - Bristol Rovers

Relegated - Oxford,Wimbledon,Port Vale,Stockport

Most Goals - Bristol Rovers - 87

Conceded The Least Goals- Southend,Cambridge 54

Least Defeats - Southend - 9

Best Goal Difference - Bristol Rovers +30

Best Home Record - Southend

Best Away Record - Bristol Rovers,Cambridge

Player Stats

Top Scorer - M.Akyuz (Bristol Rovers) - 21

Most Assists - D Charlton (Cambridge) - 14

Highest Man Of The Match - M.Akyuz - 9

Player Of The Year- J Anangono - Braintree

Manager Of The Season

Keith Fitzsimons - Bristol Rovers

Ok I will do dv2 later!

Division Two Review!!

Champions - Northampton Town

Promoted - Torquay,Rotherham

Play-off - Bradford v Swindon

Most Team Goals - Bradford - 84

Least Goals Conceded - Northampton 51

Best Goal Difference - Northampton - +19

Most Games Won - Northampton,Rotherham

Best Home Record - Torquay

Best Away Record - Northampton

Player Stats

Top Scorer - Mark Stewart (Bradford) - 24

Most Assists - Mark Stewart - 19

Highest Man Of The Match - Sam Baldock (Northamton) - 11

Player Of The Year - Lukas Magera - Swindon

Manager Of The Year

David Bekevitz - Northampton

Well, the Season is over and we are happy about our Promotion. Ending with the same points as the other 2 teams that were chasing the title was frustating, but the important is that we managed to go to Division 1.

As Keith noticed, we were very strong at Home, so we won the Best Home Record. During my time as manager of Torquay, which means 8 games, i got this:

Win: 4 (50%)

Draw: 2 (25%)

Lose: 2 (25%)

Home wins: 2 (4 games)

Away wins: 2 (4 games) - The other 2 games were a draw, so since i am the Torquay's manager we made at least 1 point in Away games.

Lest hope for the best for the next season :)

I'm going to have to call it a day at Shrewsbury as i've been in poor health lately and not logging in to the forum. Will be doing the same with most of my other game worlds when i reach the end of the season. Thanks to Keith for the oppertunity to play in his game world. All the best to everyone!;)

I'm going to have to call it a day at Shrewsbury as i've been in poor health lately and not logging in to the forum. Will be doing the same with most of my other game worlds when i reach the end of the season. Thanks to Keith for the oppertunity to play in his game world. All the best to everyone!;)

no prob,hope you're not too bad??

Bradford Promoted!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Share has guided Bradford City to a Play-Off Final win against Swindon Town!! Bradford City beat Swindon Town 5 - 1 in a sensational final to lift the trophy.

Reid was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Bryan and Seip were also amongst the goalscorers.