Sign in to follow this  
sean2582

Results are unrealistic !!!!

I played a game last night in the semi final of the cup with my Fiorentina team against Napoli and I lost on penalties 4-3 after the game finishing 0-0 which I can accept.

Then I looked at the match stats and this is what i cant accept:

They were down to 10 men after 30mins so i had a man advantage for 70mins (okay that happens) but then i looked at other stats like I had 15 shots with 13 on target and Napoli had 7 shots with ZERO on target and to make matters worse my GOALKEEPER got MAN OF THE MATCH ????????? How can this possibly work out? It CANT!!!!

Ive just left all my clubs and will maybe try SM again in a couple of months when they can make it realistic.

Anyone else had something this stupid happen to them???

Re: Results are unrealistic !!!!

I played a game last night in the semi final of the cup with my Fiorentina team against Napoli and I lost on penalties 4-3 after the game finishing 0-0 which I can accept.

They were down to 10 men after 30mins so i had a man advantage for 70mins (okay that happens) but then i looked at other stats like I had 15 shots with 13 on target and Napoli had 7 shots with ZERO on target and to make matters worse my GOALKEEPER got MAN OF THE MATCH ????????? How can this possibly work out? It CANT!!!!

Ive just left all my clubs and will maybe try SM again in a couple of months when they can make it realistic.

Thats not that unrealistic. The MOTM thing is a bit silly but i've seen plenty of games where its been siege of the Alamo stuff and its finished 0-0 its part of football.

The engine is flawed though and SM are bringing in new updates over the next few months.

Leaving all your clubs over a 0-0 draw is a bit exaggerated though.

Yes they are!

Losing to a useless (in comparison), unfit (like 30%fit), unmanaged side 5-4 when opposition had 5 shots, all on target & i had a cricket score of shots. Still painful to remember.

Similar results have happened in similar circumstances. With me it seems to have been triggered by being 7points clear at the top of the League (this has happened about 4 or 5 times). Could always be a co-incidence I suppose but can't help feeling there has been a bit of in-built ME handicapping to make the League stay competitive. Only silver lining, is all of these clubs continue with a poor run but somehow have ended up winning the league by between 1 & 4 points in the end.

Anyway SM hopefully will make sure these freak results are much reduced in future.

If I can put up with these results then perhaps 0-0 in a semi-final is not so bad?

Yes they are!

Losing to a useless (in comparison)' date=' unfit (like 30%fit), unmanaged side 5-4 when opposition had 5 shots, all on target & i had a cricket score of shots. Still painful to remember.

Similar results have happened in similar circumstances. [b']With me it seems to have been triggered by being 7points clear at the top of the League (this has happened about 4 or 5 times)[/b]. Could always be a co-incidence I suppose but can't help feeling there has been a bit of in-built ME handicapping to make the League stay competitive. Only silver lining, is all of these clubs continue with a poor run but somehow have ended up winning the league by between 1 & 4 points in the end.

Anyway SM hopefully will make sure these freak results are much reduced in future.

If I can put up with these results then perhaps 0-0 in a semi-final is not so bad?

I have noticed this. With my Madrid side, i've won the league 4 out of 6 seasons but everytime i'm top of the league i lose a couple of games on the bounce to random unmanaged teams (Even though my tactic is very effective against unmanaged teams usually) and then when the rest of the league is in with a chance again, i start winning again.

I have noticed this. With my Madrid side' date=' i've won the league 4 out of 6 seasons but everytime i'm top of the league i lose a couple of games on the bounce to random unmanaged teams (Even though my tactic is very effective against unmanaged teams usually) and then when the rest of the league is in with a chance again, i start winning again.[/quote']

Yep that's exactly it. Happened too many times now for it to be co-incidence. In another example 2 of us were joint top by 7 points & we both lost :(

My team, Barcelona, argubaly the bet team in my Game World and I am currently 5th on the table. I won the league last season and won it twice in my 1 year with the club. Everytime I win and the league leader losses I always lose the next game and the league leaders always win. This has happened 5/6 times already this season and i can't accept that. I always lose to unmanaged clubs as well

My team' date=' Barcelona, argubaly the bet team in my Game World and I am currently 5th on the table. I won the league last season and won it twice in my 1 year with the club. Everytime I win and the league leader losses I always lose the next game and the league leaders always win. This has happened 5/6 times already this season and i can't accept that. I always lose to unmanaged clubs as well[/quote']

Maybe with yours though you just need to look at your tactics?

Not everyone can put their losses down to a crappy game engine. By the sounds of it you've lost a few times this season already.

You have posted in the Suggestions section of the forum but I don't really follow what your suggestion is tbh.

Are you saying freak results should not happen? Do you think the game would be better or moire realistic if results were predictable and if certain tactics won every time?

I can see that your keeper would not be obvious choice for MoTM in a 0-0 draw where the opposition does not get any shots on target. However, it is not inconceivable that a keeper would get MoTM in these circumstances in real life. There are other things he could be doing well; command of his area, distribution, etc.

Perhaps the odd outcomes happen too much, as Soccahappy said, but some people will probably think they happen too little. It is a balancing act.

Generally it always seems like the tactically astute managers do well every season so I don't think the balance can be that bad.

man of the match is a random element of the game, Sean, as are the ratings of players. SM have said this before. this sort of thing is what developers would call a 'feature' of the game...i.e 'we know about it and are not going to do anything about it'. maybe this will change when the new match engine comes about.

my arsenal in g133 went out of the smfa cup tonight against a managed cruzeiro (average rated 89), i lost the 1st leg 2-0 at home which i can accept as i had my 2nd team out, but tonight i saved my 1st team (average rated 93) and won 2-1 fair enough but cruzeiro played the same team they played in last nights league game, they were all about 50% fit, also the manager hasnt logged in for 7days, how was this result possible?? i should of smashed them! iv spent over a year building a fantastic arsenal team with likes of messi and ronaldo in it! its just hard to take when u get a result like that!! where is the new match engine???

my arsenal in g133 went out of the smfa cup tonight against a managed cruzeiro (average rated 89), i lost the 1st leg 2-0 at home which i can accept as i had my 2nd team out, but tonight i saved my 1st team (average rated 93) and won 2-1 fair enough but cruzeiro played the same team they played in last nights league game, they were all about 50% fit, also the manager hasnt logged in for 7days, how was this result possible?? i should of smashed them! iv spent over a year building a fantastic arsenal team with likes of messi and ronaldo in it! its just hard to take when u get a result like that!! [b][i][u]where is the new match engine???[/u][/i][/b]

oh, yes... i want that too;

BUT it seems that we will wait until the second coming of Messiah :D

i agree that sometimes result are unrealistic. with my club bury' date=' i had 56% possesion and had man of the match as my player yet i lost the match 3-1!

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?[/quote']

Wow on the SM scale of realism that's far from extreme. Try about 10 rating points difference on average, 70%+ possession, just about every one of your players being given better match ratings including your GK being made man of the match yet conceding every single shot that was on target & you are getting closer. I've had a 70 rated player scoring a hat trick against a defence of Pique Terry & westerman while losing to bottom of League when I was 7points clear at the top.

I have noticed this. With my Madrid side' date=' i've won the league 4 out of 6 seasons but everytime i'm top of the league i lose a couple of games on the bounce to random unmanaged teams (Even though my tactic is very effective against unmanaged teams usually) and then when the rest of the league is in with a chance again, i start winning again.[/quote']

I know it's different but I took over Norwich, Charlton and Leeds when they were in the bottom 2divisions (before conference) as a bit of a joke as all had over 100million budget. I won all but 1 game with every team. The game I lost was always the 32nd. Spooky lol

Also I find it really annoying how some tactics suddenly become unplayable. for example I've got successive promotions to the premiership with Oldham by varying the formation every game. But after half the season in the premiership (when I sat 4th) all the formations suddenly stopped working. Very annoying as i've been messing around with new formations for about 15games now and won about 3!

I can't wait new match engine:mad:

Today I had 70% possesion and 20 shots at goal but it wasn't enough' date=' I lost 2-1:mad:

It's time for changes...big changes...[/quote']

Agreed BUT the ME must be INTELLIGENT, think CAREFULLY SM

The ME is totally a JOKE !!!

Why can my Rennes with avg. rating of 93 lose 0 - 2 from unmanaged Montpellier (avg. rating 87) ????

You have some big shocks in the future if U think this is anywhere near the worst the PRESENT ME can do :) Roll on the new INTELLIGENT ME :confused::eek::rolleyes:

i understand peoples anger when it comes to fitness levels because in real life there would be an issue here, players losing all their energy at the end of the match and the other team scoring later on. thats real life.

random results, getting beat when your players average ratings are alot higher than the other teams, well i hate to say it guys but thats football, shock results happen, thats why we love the sport. this game wouldnt work if all you had to do was buy the best players to win the leagues.

you get bad patches throughout the season, happens in real life doesnt it?? frustrating as hell but thats the game. thats what makes it even more worth while when you win titles because you know you have had to work at it

i understand peoples anger when it comes to fitness levels because in real life there would be an issue here' date=' players losing all their energy at the end of the match and the other team scoring later on. thats real life.

random results, getting beat when your players average ratings are alot higher than the other teams, well i hate to say it guys but thats football, shock results happen, thats why we love the sport. this game wouldnt work if all you had to do was buy the best players to win the leagues.

you get bad patches throughout the season, happens in real life doesnt it?? frustrating as hell but thats the game. thats what makes it even more worth while when you win titles because you know you have had to work at it

Spot on mate :) Your totally right,and if people disagree with you,well they should look at the premier league for example,

Man utd 8-2 Arsenal

Arsenal 5-3 Chelsea

Chelsea 0-1 QPR

Man city 6-1 Manutd

Blackburn 4-3 Aresnal- Blackburn are 19th and have 1 win

spurs 1-5 Man city

all these results make me think that SM is realistic with its results,but obvs not the fitness bit which is rather annoying,but when the team has had like 30% possession and 1 shot on target and scores it and win,well just remember stuff like that happens in football,its not how much possession or shots on target you have,its what you do with it what counts the most,but some people wont listern to what ive said and will prob leave there team when they lose to a team with a lower average rating

So guys next time you lose,just remember shock results can happen in football,but if you keep losing week in and week out,just face it that it just aint your season

Again tonight I'm 10 point clear at the top play an easy average rated 88 unmanaged team (mine 94). I have 30 shots 16 on target 2 goals, he has 7 shots 3 on target .... obvious isn't it ..... 3goals :eek::mad::D:D:D

C'est La Vie :)

Again tonight I'm 10 point clear at the top play an easy average rated 88 unmanaged team (mine 94). I have 30 shots 16 on target 2 goals' date=' he has 7 shots 3 on target .... obvious isn't it ..... 3goals :eek::mad::D:D:D

C'est La Vie :)[/quote']

i no how you feel mate,but every good team loses atleast once, and for some reason its against little team,as they normally play better against the bigger teams :P