Sign in to follow this  
JM_Villanueva14

Mario Gomez

Mario Gomez  

1. 1.

Mario Gomez.... A born goalscorer, always at the right place at the right time. He has an amazing goal scoring record for Bayern Munich and he's on fire this season with 10 goals in 10 games... I seriously think he'll go up tp 95/96 by the end of the season and if Bayern win the Bundesliga there is no doubt he'll go up. What do you guys think? :D

Re: Mario Gomez

95 doesnt seem possible imo this season. He should definitely get 94 though if he gets the same goal tally as last yr which was 28 goals in 27 games or even better than that. He has currently has scored a goal in each Bundesliga game and if keeps doing that he should have around 30+ goals by end of season which will definitely get him 94. He could be 94 within the next two reviews I think and if not then definitely end of season.

95-96?Nahh 94 or 95 is his peak.He can't get more than 95 in his career.Simply....he don't have the skills he know only to score but when is a situation 1 vs 1 or Mario vs 2 players....he don't know what to do so you can't compare for e.g Rooney with Mario Gomez or Benzema or Aguero with Mario Gomez.He know only to score and nothing more.

Thanks for the opinions guys' date=' i appreciate it :) Does anyone of you when the next reviews for Germany and Spain are?[/quote']

They are close. I think the review will happen towards the end of November or somewhere near beginning of December.

95-96?Nahh 94 or 95 is his peak.He can't get more than 95 in his career.Simply....he don't have the skills he know only to score but when is a situation 1 vs 1 or Mario vs 2 players....he don't know what to do so you can't compare for e.g Rooney with Mario Gomez or Benzema or Aguero with Mario Gomez.He know only to score and nothing more.

I agree. BUT: There is hardly anyone knowing better than him.

And a striker who scores ain't that bad ;)

ronaldo only knows how to score and nothing more and hes rated 98.......

And what exactly is a striker's primary job? Oh yeh' date=' to score goals!

I've been having this argument with a friend of mine who doesn't seem to rate Gomez. According to him, "even I could score a hatful of goals in the [i']German[/i] league...". Yes, I'm sure he could... :rolleyes: I would agree that Gomez doesn't have as good an all-round game if you were to compare him to somebody like Van Persie or Aguero, but his predatory instincts and natural goalscoring ability is second to none. Gomez's goalscoring record over the past 18 months for club - in the league and UCL - and country is flawless. And like I said before, a striker's main job is to score goals - why punish somebody for fulfilling his job extremely successfully? For me, Gomez is one of the top five strikers in the world.

Gomez will rise to 94 in the next German review without a shadow of a doubt. If he continues this electric form for club and country, there is no reason why he can't hit 95 in the future.

What if Gomez scored 100 goals this season?

Should he only get to 94 because he wasn't able to dribble it around 2 players or because none of his goals were 1 on 1's?

If Gomez scores loads of goals again, and Bayern win the league, Gomez needs do nothing else. To get a 95 his goals need to probably help Bayern to reach the Champions League Final but I bet if you asked Heynckes then he would tell you that he asks for nothing more than goals from Gomez and he delivers emphatically.

And what exactly is a striker's primary job? Oh yeh' date=' to score goals!

I've been having this argument with a friend of mine who doesn't seem to rate Gomez. According to him, "even I could score a hatful of goals in the [i']German[/i] league...". Yes, I'm sure he could... :rolleyes: I would agree that Gomez doesn't have as good an all-round game if you were to compare him to somebody like Van Persie or Aguero, but his predatory instincts and natural goalscoring ability is second to none. Gomez's goalscoring record over the past 18 months for club - in the league and UCL - and country is flawless. And like I said before, a striker's main job is to score goals - why punish somebody for fulfilling his job extremely successfully? For me, Gomez is one of the top five strikers in the world.

Gomez will rise to 94 in the next German review without a shadow of a doubt. If he continues this electric form for club and country, there is no reason why he can't hit 95 in the future.

I said he have a chance to hit 95 but that's his peak....

That's a forward's job. CF's job is just scoring.