1 billion youth team

Re: 1 billion youth team

It's a personal opinion whether or not the current squad cap is effective or not' date=' not a fact. As long as you are able to gain an adventage without breaking any rules, you have absolutly nothing to say but: "I want" or "It should be"[/quote']

exactly! couldnt agree more! besides how are you supposed to make money if not from risers? sell your best players?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: 1 billion youth team And we have a winner!

Re: 1 billion youth team What's the point in having these massive youth teams? Well... 1) If you're a small team (my Grimsby was bottom of the 4th, tiny stadium, no money, 80% managed gameworld whe

So' date=' you're in some random Gameworld, with, let's say 90mil cash and none of the managers are buying ANY good kid. Do you leave them as free agent or take them and A)keep them after raise; B) sell for more money?[/quote']

i will take option c) please.

option c) let the player raise and them pay triple the money for him. :rolleyes:

I'm in loads of different game worlds! nothing wrong with having a different project with different goals! Besides if i choose not to join a more competitive game world that is none of your business! if you cant add anything constructive it is best to keep your mouth shut.

Shall I pick those toys up that are surrounding your pram? :)

A forum is about opinions, not just fact and adding something constructive.

Anyway, just to throw my two-pennies worth in, I not a big fan of these massive youth teams either. Some teams can ruin league by buying up ALL the young prospects. I might want to buy a few for my youth team but they might be none left worth buying!

I understand people are free to do as they wish within the rules and in that sense there can be no complaints, I just think the rules should be the other way round. If I am correct, general game worlds don't have any limits on your squad but game worlds that are set up can have squad limits placed on them, whereas I think there should be perhaps a squad limit by default and then game worlds with exceptions to this rule. If that makes sense?

Guest Blitzkrieg

A forum is about opinions' date=' not just fact and adding something constructive.

Anyway, just to throw my two-pennies worth in, I not a big fan of these massive youth teams either. Some teams can ruin league by buying up ALL the young prospects. I might want to buy a few for my youth team but they might be none left worth buying!

I understand people are free to do as they wish within the rules and in that sense there can be no complaints, I just think the rules should be the other way round. If I am correct, general game worlds don't have any limits on your squad but game worlds that are set up can have squad limits placed on them, whereas I think there should be perhaps a squad limit by default and then game worlds with exceptions to this rule. If that makes sense?[/quote']

I understand where you are coming from. SM takes a stance to try and reflect real life. With has no caps or bans for too much players. Therefore the cap is there for the ones who want it, but as an option and not as standard.

I understand where you are coming from. SM takes a stance to try and reflect real life. With has no caps or bans for too much players. Therefore the cap is there for the ones who want it' date=' but as an option and not as standard.[/quote']

Except the premier league and the champions league both have squad caps. I think it should be standard. No club can afford to own 200 players. We should be forced to choose only the best or our favorite youth players.

Guest Blitzkrieg

Except the premier league and the champions league both have squad caps. I think it should be standard. No club can afford to own 200 players. We should be forced to choose only the best or our favorite youth players.

Aha, but now you make a fatal error!

These are caps for competitions, not for teams! I'm all for subscribing my top 25 players for the Champions Cup for instance. It's not like I need a 75 forward anyway. This is something that could be implemented easily without upsetting the balance as it is.

As for being forced to choose the best youngsters: this is again an error. First of all, in some squads in own 200+ players. All here because of heavy scouting, not a single player plucked from the forum. Unless something goes seriously wrong, 95% of them will be 88 to 96 rated within 5 years. So they all turn very good. It's not that I own bad young players with a view to rise. I effectivly own 200 young players that nearly all will turn good.

People need to stop slating others with big squads. They pretend it's easy to have such a squad, while in fact you have to play this game very intensively to manage your team well at these numbers without going bankrupt.

Another argument is this: What if we had a cap of 50 players. Only a handful (maybe 10) managers will be active enough to get the best of the best. You will still have very superb young players lying there, waiting to be bought. Why should we be unable to buy them so that some newbie picks them up? For the better of the gameworld? I rather have a gameworld with 10 dedicated managers and big squads, than a gameworld with 30 managers and less intensive playing field.

A forum is about opinions' date=' not just fact and adding something constructive.

I understand people are free to do as they wish within the rules and in that sense there can be no complaints, I just think the rules should be the other way round. If I am correct, general game worlds don't have any limits on your squad but game worlds that are set up can have squad limits placed on them, whereas I think there should be perhaps a squad limit by default and then game worlds with exceptions to this rule. If that makes sense?[/quote']

yes a forum is also about opinions but we all need to respect each other and if you are going to make a comment you might as well make a positive constructive one instead of making yourself look like a giant knob! (not talking about you). Its a growing trend in real life for teams to have bigger youth teams, i can remember Benfica has something like 50 youth players on loan to other teams! Loads of teams buy players to lend them out to other smaller teams in order to develop the player and increase the players value!

If a manager is willing to put the effort in, spend loads of hours reading about and scouting players then why would he not be allowed to use the knowledge he owns and buy the players that he wants? Players are there for all to buy and the first person to put a bet in or that makes the higher bid gets the player! There is even a period after you put in your offer to other people to put theirs in! it is fair enough on everybody, why should some people that take the game more seriously than others and spend more time playing it not be allowed to have the teams that they want? Besides it is much more exciting for me to play with other managers that are into scouting as much as I am! Who wants to play in a world where the most exciting thing that happens is a club becoming unmannaged and then you get everyone bidding for the same players and end up paying ridiculous amonts for a player? I rather find new players and dispute them with the few others that know about them instead of going for the obvious!

The main argument against big youth players seems to be that it is not like the real world and that teams in real life do not have such big youth teams! They do not have them because they cant afford them! If they could afford them then they would have bigger youth teams! besides loads of teams have 50+ youth teams but they loan their players to smaller teams on order for the players to get game time, increase their value and to save on wages, exactly like in the game! Do you know how much hard work it is to manage a 100+ youth team? especially now with the new concern system? Maybe you care to try it one day? Most people will not do it because they simply do not have the required time that you need to put into playing the game to make a 100+ youth team work!

In real life, it is competitions that have limits in players, not teams! You can have a team of 200 players if you chose but you can only enroll a certain number in the league and european competitions! It is usually up to the manager to pick how many players he wants and who to enroll! Therefore, such as in real life, teams do not have limits! If you want to play with a limit than you need to change the setup! There is nothing wrong with the setup IMO! if you are not happy with it my advice to you is play in worlds that have those limits and with like minded people as yourself!

I'm in loads of different game worlds! nothing wrong with having a different project with different goals! Besides if i choose not to join a more competitive game world that is none of your business! if you cant add anything constructive it is best to keep your mouth shut.

It's ok to have your own aims in each gameworld. I like to create teams with the same nationality.

The fact that you have all them players, likely means it's not competitive. This thread is almost like boasting, which is why that comment was made. Creating threads like this is just asking for it in my opinion.

This is my 5th season with shalke and my whole team value is somewhere around 760 mil. Can you share the secret how to increase your team value. I buy risers and then sell them but the more risers I buy the bigger the wages are and therefore I am always in debts. That is really annoying. It will probably take me another 5 seasons to reach 1 billion. What shall I do?

its just about near impossible i would wager due to wage demands and the flattening of your CV when you have more players per postion, at 700million you really start to hurt.

buy 100million 64 rated players

It's ok to have your own aims in each gameworld. I like to create teams with the same nationality.

The fact that you have all them players' date=' likely means it's not competitive. This thread is almost like boasting, which is why that comment was made. Creating threads like this is just asking for it in my opinion.[/quote']

Its ok? Nobody is asking for anyone's consent here! The game world is at its 9th season and you cant buy players rated 90 or upper because nobody sells! Hence me deciding to do something different. This thread is about cooperation with other managers and trying to get other opinions because i never tried to build such a youth squad. Im very glad with some of the post on this thread! :D

Boasting? How about when your signature is your team like a lot of people have here in the forum? :rolleyes: what would you call that? :rolleyes: we are all proud of our teams nothing wrong with that!

Its ok? Nobody is asking for anyone's consent here! The game world is at its 9th season and you cant buy players rated 90 or upper because nobody sells! Hence me deciding to do something different. This thread is about cooperation with other managers and trying to get other opinions because i never tried to build such a youth squad. Im very glad with some of the post on this thread! :D

Boasting? How about when your signature is your team like a lot of people have here in the forum? :rolleyes: what would you call that? :rolleyes: we are all proud of our teams nothing wrong with that!

This thread says 'fishing for compliments' just from the title.

Fishing for compliments is maybe more accurate as 'Drink' posted below. The purpose of my sig is not the same as making a thread, though I did make a thread for the same team, but for advice. The reason for this is only to see my team develop, previously I had their ratings there. That gameworld isn't competitive. I'm only challenged for youth risers by two clubs.

This thread says 'fishing for compliments' just from the title.

Title: "The inscription in the beginning of a work, usually containing the subject of the work". The title reflects what the thread is about! why did you clik on it? your negativity must earn you loads of new friends and help you improve your knowledge of things! can I sense a bit of a self portrait in your comment? Dont judge people based on your ideals, assumptions and retarded interpretation of one sentence!

Fishing for compliments is maybe more accurate as 'Drink' posted below. The purpose of my sig is not the same as making a thread' date=' though I did make a thread for the same team, but for advice. The reason for this is only to see my team develop, previously I had their ratings there. That gameworld isn't competitive. I'm only challenged for youth risers by two clubs.[/quote']

why is your purpose of making a threat different from mine? why would i not want to see my team develop and why would i be fishing for compliments? i couldnt care less about other people and their compliments towards me or what i do, to me its rewarding enough to see my players rise and achieve the goal that i have set out to do! I wanted to see what other people thought about the youth team and if it could reach a billion value or not! Also if they knew anymore players worth adding to the list. Managed to get some pretty good input from people that have done it and now i know it can be done!

I coudnt care less if the game world is competitive or not! thats not the point! im in other far more competitive game worlds! my reason to have joined this game world was to join my friends that were already playing there, not because its not competitive. My goal to build a billion youth team arrose precisely because the game world it quite dead, i got bored and had money to spend!

just because you guys are sad enough to surf the forum looking for a chance to say something, not with the intention of helping the other person, but merelly to show off and have people telling you how good you are (probably coming from your own insecurities and low self esteem in real world,) and the need to have random compliments from random people, dont judge others based on your own ideals, needs and behavior. you probably care about the rep that you get and everything! how sad and immature!

proof of this is your sig! you created a threat looking for help, why did you feel the need to make your sig the team that resulted from the thread? so that everyone can see your team and go " pretty good team you got there" ??? LOLOL! I do not need to brag and I do not feel the need to get compliments from strangers. I can guarantee that the last thing you will see as my sig (if i do succed at building such youth team) is "I have built a 1 billion worth young team". Im not sad like that thank you very much! Mirror much?

I have something like this but with a little bit more players :).

care to share the knowledge mate? im still looking for players that i might not know of and that are worth adding to the list! im looking for players that are now still quite cheep and will get around 88 rating by the time they are 21, 22 maximum!