Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I)

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I)

Hhhm' date=' I couldn't agree less as Podolski finally shows why he is rated 90 - nothing more, nothing less. His performance for Germany has been mediocre (to be pollite), he doesn't play CL or EL and if Pizarro AND Huntelaar don't get a rise it is becoming quite ridicilous. I don't understand why SM is doing things like that as the whole rating system becomes more and more intransparent.

Anyway, if possible try to get both.[/quote']

Of course when you say he doesnt play EL or CL, it might make sense to disagree but I think SM are becoming less strict now like I said and not placing too much emphasis on CL as the domestic league should be the most important thing since players play the most matches in the competition. CL and NT form will help to push players ratings to high ones for example 93, 94 etc. We will know when Huntelaar and Pizarro rise. They both will rise too because Huntelaar has more goals than Podolski and Pizarro similar and both of their teams are higher. They will rise and if they dont then I will agree with many that are disappointed at Podolski's rise. For now though, 11 goals in 13 deserves a rise.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alternative Mirror - Bayern München Alternative Mirror - Borussia Dortmund Alternative Mirror - FC Schalke 04 Alternative Mirror - Borussia Mönchengladbach Alternative Mirror - Werder Brem

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I) Alternative Mirror - Keep/Sell Alternative Mirror - Best risers from all clubs

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I) All predictions now up

Another one I wouldn't agree with.

Leno plays CL' date=' he is Leverkusen's number one and he will probably rise more than ter Stegen.

Both are great talents and both will rise a lot within the next 6 months but as long as Mönchengladbach does not play CL or at least EL I would prefer Leno.

Anyway, if possible try to get both.[/quote']

Until Adler gets back to fitness and Leno sits on the bench 24/7 that is...

Until Adler gets back to fitness and Leno sits on the bench 24/7 that is...

They've bought leno now and plan on selling Adler, so I doubt that would happen ;o

Edit: to add to this, Adlers contract runs out next summer, and won't get it renewed, also he's been at rehab training, but will now be forced to rest since it didn't respond well.. He won't play anymore for Leverkusen if you ask me.. or their chairman ;D

To be honest I thought that he would be the perfect partner for Schweinsteiger. Obviously Heynkes has a different opinion and prefers Tymo. So Gustavo is far from beeing first choice' date=' even Alaba and Kroos sometimes play on his position.

I guess that passing and build-up are more important for Heynkes than Gustavo's outstanding ability to destroy the opponent's game.

If Heynkes doesn't change his mind I don't think that a 90 at the end of the season is a foregone conclusion.[/quote']

Any changes to Gustavo's ratings future? From what i can see, 8 starts and 5 subs... 4th highest mins after Ribery, Kroos and Schweinsteiger, in midfield.

He's got 12th most mins for the whole team, does that some him up at the moment? Not quite first 11 but next in line?

Thoughts on Shinji KAGAWA?? Thanks

Originally Posted by kitey View Post

I am in a competitive GC with Dortmund. I have the pretty much the original squad but I need to sell someone for a little more depth.

I was thinking Kagawa.

Anyone you would recommend selling?

I wouldn't sell Kagawa. He might not be a superstar but I think that he has enough potential to keep him. Zidan' date=' Kringe, Owomoyela, Kuba, da Silva are the first to sell. [/quote']

Hope that helps!

I disagree. Have you seen the form he is in? I think while he plays for a club like FC Koln' date=' you can see his quality. Can you really ignore a player who has scored 11 goals in 13 games and with 4 assists too? Podolski also plays for Germany as well. I think its good he got a rise as this means hopefully good players in lower teams can hit above 90.[/quote']

And have you seen Hulk's? I'm not discussing whether Podolski deserved the rise, I'm just saying that there was no way Podolski could have got 91 considering the changes made in France and Portugal. Köln is a small mid-table club, yet Podolski was rated like he played in a top Portuguese or French team. It makes no sense whatsoever. But I'm sure they had their reasons... :rolleyes:

Maximilian Arnold came on the database today' date=' is he worth picking up? Much hype about him in Germany?[/quote']

No hype at all (as far as I know). And as Wolfsburg's coach Magath is known for using dozens of players at his clubs it is hardly predictable whether he gets regular game time or not. I would wait a while.

Sanatana of Dortmund to rise +1 to 88 maybe?

Played in 8 matches and 1 goal. Also appearances in the CL.

I would say that there is a 50/50 chance for him to rise.

No hype at all (as far as I know). And as Wolfsburg's coach Magath is known for using dozens of players at his clubs it is hardly predictable whether he gets regular game time or not. I would wait a while.

Thanks, others are bidding on him (Competitive GW for youths) so just going to bid a smallish amount.

Nice little +3 for Zieler this morning, also had Musona with a +4. Unsure with what to do with Torun now, was expecting a +2/3 and he only got a +1.

Finally I got some time to comment on Podolski's rise.

But what can I say what hasn't been said before. It's one of the most ridiculous rises I've seen on SM. Really.

Podolski's pros

• Podolski is doing good at his club currently
  • He is still starter in the national team

Podolski's contras

• He was already the highest rated player at his team
  • His team neither plays in the CL nor in the EL
  • He is too inconstant (IMO)
  • He is doing bad in the National team

So I really think the contras weigh much heavier than the pros. Especially the first two contras. So IMO this was a big mistake.

Finally I got some time to comment on Podolski's rise.

But what can I say what hasn't been said before. It's one of the most ridiculous rises I've seen on SM. Really.

Podolski's pros

• Podolski is doing good at his club currently
  • He is still starter in the national team

Podolski's contras

• He was already the highest rated player at his team
  • His team neither plays in the CL nor in the EL
  • He is too inconstant (IMO)
  • He is doing bad in the National team

So I really think the contras weigh much heavier than the pros. Especially the first two contras. So IMO this was a big mistake.

Totally agree.

When I saw his rise, it just made me think of Darren Bent. He had 2 brilliant seasons, but didnt rise above 90 because he didnt play in Europe. His goal record in the league has been better than Podolski, only thing different is the national team.

Awful decision by SM.

Just an extra piece of information: at the end of the top leagues review Podolski will most likely be rated the same as Soldado, Huntelaar, J. Hernández, Falcao, Hulk or Cavani. All of them are superior, more consistent and playing in European competitions. Yeah, go figure... Seeing how the German ratings are being conducted I wouldn't be surprised if Lahm and Schweinsteiger end up rising to 95 or Gotze to 91.

Uploaded the rating changes of the 12 teams done on the first page.

So far, 374 of 398 players getting reviewed have been predicted correctly, most of the times I underestimated risers moving to the Bundesliga from lower divisions or foreign leagues. Overall, I got a quota of 93.97% correct.

On the subject of Podolski: It's a real shock. IMO, he's just! done enough to keep a 90, I even thought of changing the prediction on the first page to something like 90/89.

Granted, he's in good form for his club currently, but that's about it. Even though he still plays regularly for Germany, his performances have regularly been sub-par. In the past, you could at least count on him to score against the minnows of international football (Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Azerbaijan, England ;)), but currently, his place is in real danger of being overtaken by the likes of Schürrle, Götze or Reus. I'd even say there's big chance of him being the shock 'non-nomination' for the Euros as there's so much talent pushing for a place in the team. Add to that that his team doesn't play in Europe and that it's nowhere near qualifying this season either.

I just hope that this (horribly) wrong decision now doesn't lead to a lot of whining when other players don't get their, maybe even more understandable but still unjustified, rises. Just because they got this one completely wrong doesn't mean they should get many others wrong as well, because that doesn't make this decision any better at all.