Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I)

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I)

i belive that's at least the same person doing every rating for a league ' date='at least, and please tell me what's the reason behind this decision( dont wanna be a "drama queen") huntelaar vs podolsky ?[/quote']

I'm not saying I agree with the some of the rating changes, but there is always shocks when the big leagues come around.

I just find the outrage and anger because one guy got a rise and the other never, laughable.

Hence the "Drama queen" comment ;)

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alternative Mirror - Bayern München Alternative Mirror - Borussia Dortmund Alternative Mirror - FC Schalke 04 Alternative Mirror - Borussia Mönchengladbach Alternative Mirror - Werder Brem

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I) Alternative Mirror - Keep/Sell Alternative Mirror - Best risers from all clubs

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I) All predictions now up

I think I'm the only one surprised by muller and neuers rise. Can't argue with Hummels rise. Really seen it all now after they didn't rise gomez. It really is pathetic. Everybody who we thought would rise did apart from gotze eve muller who we mostly thought wouldn't. Hope the same doesn't happen with van persie' date=' I mean if the same person gave muller +1 then why not Gomez? I hope some people mail them because I will be! Also am shocked by no rise for huntelaar, I fully think that podolski shouldn't have increased if they didn't increase him.[/quote']

I am surprised the rose Muller I thought they would overlook his contribution to the team but I agree with it.

I also agree Neur should be 93 rated he is in that bracket of goalies.

How do you mail them about Gomez because that is frankly shocking?

If Gomez doesn't rise then what must a CF do to rise?

He has consistanlty got goals it's his job. Yes they arent all pretty but he gets them and has been all year. He deserves 94. This makes me really worry about Van Persie too.

On an aside though GOTZE +2 :o incredibly happy about this :P

I wonder if they will be as generous in the English ratings' date=' lol

Cant argue with most of them but the true shocker is Gomez.[/quote']

Think it is fairly good review. There's too until end of the season for the players to prove themselves, I think part of the ratings come from last season too.

Anyway, EPL is the top league. Followed by Laliga then Bundesliga. Serie A is fourth at the moment I think.

I think the Podolski rating is whats causing most of the outrage......If you take his rating change out of the equation the ratings are almost spot on.

and also, you need to remember Mario Gomez has been 93 rated since 2008....even when he should have dropped down to 92 during the 2009/10 season.

so being 93 now would be about right IMO :o

the big leagues are being rated roughly every 3months, so I'd imagine if he keeps up this form he will get his rise to 94 by the end of the season, which everyone is crying out for.

SM must be using a crack smoking monkey to do these changes, they have been some of the worst I've ever seen. These aren't even like about opinion mostly, it's not a case of some people think this guys played well enough for a rise, some people think he's been a bit mediocre, all you need to do is look at the stats and see how ludicrous some of these changes are, you don't even need to know a jot about the Bundesliga in a lot of these cases.

If they don't revisit some of the teams they've reviewed today and rise a few players then... Wow...

SM must be using a crack smoking monkey to do these changes' date=' they have been some of the worst I've ever seen. These aren't even like about opinion mostly, it's not a case of some people think this guys played well enough for a rise, some people think he's been a bit mediocre, all you need to do is look at the stats and see how ludicrous some of these changes are, you don't even need to know a jot about the Bundesliga in a lot of these cases.

If they don't revisit some of the teams they've reviewed today and rise a few players then... Wow...[/quote']

I believe "Crack smoking monkey" is actually trying to fix the error's in the chat system at present ;-)

So I imagine the rating changes are simply being applied by 'Evil Monkey'

5454114271_2e48e2928b.jpg

couple points....

firstly Phil, fantastic job as always....credit where credits due.

nice to see SM have some guts and give +1's to the likes of Neuer, Muller, Hummels...& a +2 to Gotze (ha now everyone remembers the constant whining when he didnt get 90 last time, now heres the justification...people just have to learn the virtues of patience....)

nice to see Ter Stegen & Leno get to 85. fully deserved..not some 83 shenanigans..i expect them to be 87/88 by seasons end...

& FINALLY, guys with all the complaining about Gomez, Huntelaar, etc..

We are only a third into the season! there are going to be 2 more reviews, one in FEB/MARCH time, another MAY/June...so just hold on and if the players still are performing they will be rated correctly (See GOTZE!)......

also i think Podolski is a fair shout to be 91....good form/stats this season, & his international record kind of justifies being rated higher than other german strikers (Kuranyi = 90 :eek:)...26 yrs old and capped 95 times....with 43 goals !!! 6th highest goalscorer of all time for germany & will probably get very close to Matthaus all time caps record...

SM must be using a crack smoking monkey to do these changes' date=' they have been some of the worst I've ever seen. These aren't even like about opinion mostly, it's not a case of some people think this guys played well enough for a rise, some people think he's been a bit mediocre, all you need to do is look at the stats and see how ludicrous some of these changes are, you don't even need to know a jot about the Bundesliga in a lot of these cases.

If they don't revisit some of the teams they've reviewed today and rise a few players then... Wow...[/quote']

whose been missed then?......

& FINALLY' date=' guys with all the complaining about Gomez, Huntelaar, etc..

We are only a third into the season! there are going to be 2 more reviews, one in FEB/MARCH time, another MAY/June...so just hold on and if the players still are performing they will be rated correctly (See GOTZE!)......

also i think Podolski is a fair shout to be 91....good form/stats this season, & his international record kind of justifies being rated higher than other german strikers (Kuranyi = 90 :eek:)...26 yrs old and capped 95 times....with 43 goals !!! 6th highest goalscorer of all time for germany & will probably get very close to Matthaus all time caps record...[/quote']

Why should we wait another 3 months though? Why can't they get it right first time?

And whilst Podolski's overall national record is good, in 2011 he has been very poor for the national team, so a rise because of his national record makes no sense.

Why should we wait another 3 months though? Why can't they get it right first time?

And whilst Podolski's overall national record is good' date=' in 2011 he has been very poor for the national team, so a rise because of his national record makes no sense.[/quote']

look at his league form!

look at fellow 90 rated german strikers is he in the same bracket internationally as Kuranyi? Kiessling? Schurrle? no he is above them and SM is right to reflect this by make him rated higher. in national terms he is more than 'good', he is begining to reach 'all time great levels' in the perspective of caps & goals, not neccessarily on every single performance for the NT...

he is carrying his side koln & still a fixture in the NT. 91 is justified.

and also if the ratings were 'right' in your eyes every 3 months, player ratings would be yo-yoing all over the place. a player hits a purple patch ie Maxi Rodriguez last season folks would be crying for a +1, now this season he is a back up player, so folks would be moaning -1......what if Gomez got 94 today, & then didnt score again? 93/92 would be on the cards..if he puts in another shift this season he will be 94.

look at his league form!

look at fellow 90 rated german strikers is he in the same bracket internationally as Kuranyi? Kiessling? Schurrle? no he is above them and SM is right to reflect this by make him rated higher. in national terms he is more than 'good'' date=' he is begining to reach 'all time great levels' in the perspective of caps & goals, not neccessarily on every single performance for the NT...

he is carrying his side koln & still a fixture in the NT. 91 is justified.[/quote']

Again, it doesn't matter what his overall NT stats are, if they were going to rise him to 91 because NT performances he should of risen when he was actually scoring the goals and playing well, not a year or two later when he is playing very poorly for his NT, that makes no sense. Then yes, he is carrying Koln... to a mediocre finish in the Bundesliga... They are 12th in the league, so, SO many times players who have been playing as well or better than Podolski have not risen because their team is not doing well enough or they are not playing CL football.

Then, after ridiculously rising Podolski, they haven't risen Huntelaar and Pizarro, whose teams are 4th and 5th in the league, with Huntelaar scoring two more goals than Podolski, as well as scoring 16 goals in his last 20 games for Holland.

I mean, I thought Podolski's rise was a bit stupid before, but now that they haven't risen Huntelaar and Pizarro? Absolutely ridiculous.

Not rising Gomez is wrong, no two ways about it. To the guy arguing that "all Gomez does is score goals", that's the most ridiculous counter-argument ever. A striker's job is to score goals, and Gomez is one of the very best in the world at that. His strike-rate is phenomenal.

Other than that (and Podolski's mystery rise, of course), I think this has been a good review. SM needed to upgrade Germany and they've done so.

and also if the ratings were 'right' in your eyes every 3 months' date=' player ratings would be yo-yoing all over the place. a player hits a purple patch ie Maxi Rodriguez last season folks would be crying for a +1, now this season he is a back up player, so folks would be moaning -1......what if Gomez got 94 today, & then didnt score again? 93/92 would be on the cards..if he puts in another shift this season he will be 94.[/quote']

Again, that makes so little sense. If a player deserves a rise he deserves a rise. Just because they might then play badly doesn't mean they shouldn't be risen. Mario Gotze might get in a car carsh tommorow, break his spine and never play football again, does that mean they shouldn't of risen him. If a player has played well enough to get a rise they should be risen, any player in the world could suddenly go from playing consistently very well to playing badly, they have no way real way of knowing if they will or wont. If a player has earnt a rise, they should get it, simple as that.

Other than that (and Podolski's mystery rise' date=' of course), I think this has been a good review. SM needed to upgrade Germany and they've done so.[/quote']

Precisely.

Makes me think of Timesle's fantastic threads where he analysed the ratings of the top leagues in Europe and showed that despite the coefficient change Serie A was still much better off on SM than the Bundesliga, but these changes (and Italy's to come) are changing that balance.

I do think Gomez should've gone up, and Podolski should not have done (maybe Huntelaar has cause to be annoyed too), but apart from that there's little else wrong. Very pleased on a personal level as well, since I started playing five years ago I've always focussed on German players above any others and now my team has numerous German stars.

Again' date=' that makes so little sense. If a player deserves a rise he deserves a rise. Just because they might then play badly doesn't mean they shouldn't be risen. Mario Gotze might get in a car carsh tommorow, break his spine and never play football again, does that mean they shouldn't of risen him. If a player has played well enough to get a rise they should be risen, any player in the world could suddenly go from playing consistently very well to playing badly, they have no way real way of knowing if they will or wont. If a player has earnt a rise, they should get it, simple as that.[/quote']

100% agree with this.

I have also never seen a player who's rating has yo-yoed.

Gomez has been scoring consistantly for a year which is enough for a rise that make sense.

When a player plays badly for a while he drops when he performs well he rises?

Gomez deserves to rise now. If Rooney has scored as many as Gomez has then he would be right back on his 96, If Torres had scored as many as Gomez he would rise to 95. The only players outperforming him atm are Messi and Ronaldo who are 99 and 98 respectively if he is currently performing just at that level why does he not deserve to rise?

I just do not understand why he hasnt risen. Statistically he should he scores goals it's his job therefore he deserves the recognition of at least being on par with Feronegoal Torres....

Also I apologise for not thanking you earlier but thank you very much Phil for you fantastic predictions yet again. You truly are one of the best contributors to these forums and all your effort is much appreciated so thank you!

Yeh I really dont get people saying there are two more reviews. Why was everyone else like Neuer and Muller recognised then? Most likely the same person done Bayern Munich ratings. They didnt wait for them, same for Hummels. Gomez, top scorer in Bundesliga so far, has done better than Muller this season. Him and Ribery have both been the best players for Bayern in the attack. In fact, Gomez scored 28 goals last season and didnt rise so you can say that he has to rise now cause he is keeping it up. He is looking to get the same or more again. Its a farce. Lets hope they get it right with RvP at least.

Not rising Gomez is wrong' date=' no two ways about it. To the guy arguing that "all Gomez does is score goals", that's the most ridiculous counter-argument ever. A striker's job is to score goals, and Gomez is one of the very best in the world at that. His strike-rate is phenomenal.

Other than that (and Podolski's mystery rise, of course), I think this has been a good review. SM needed to upgrade Germany and they've done so.[/quote']

As you are probably refering to my post - please read it once again as you obviously didn't understand it.

Yeh I really dont get people saying there are two more reviews. Why was everyone else like Neuer and Muller recognised then? Most likely the same person done Bayern Munich ratings. They didnt wait for them' date=' same for Hummels. Gomez, top scorer in Bundesliga so far, has done better than Muller this season. Him and Ribery have both been the best players for Bayern in the attack. In fact, Gomez scored 28 goals last season and didnt rise so you can say that he has to rise now cause he is keeping it up. He is looking to get the same or more again. Its a farce. Lets hope they get it right with RvP at least.[/quote']

You could also say Gomez never dropped in 2009/10 when he wasn't scoring regularly, so he is now justifying SM keeping him at 93 ;)

If he had dropped when he wasn't scoring he would have by now risen to 93 and there would be no problem.

Yeh I really dont get people saying there are two more reviews. Why was everyone else like Neuer and Muller recognised then? Most likely the same person done Bayern Munich ratings. They didnt wait for them' date=' same for Hummels. Gomez, top scorer in Bundesliga so far, has done better than Muller this season. Him and Ribery have both been the best players for Bayern in the attack. In fact, Gomez scored 28 goals last season and didnt rise so you can say that he has to rise now cause he is keeping it up. He is looking to get the same or more again. Its a farce. Lets hope they get it right with RvP at least.[/quote']

Gomes and Huntelaar are topscorers in bundesliga with 13 goals, and Huntelaar also is topscorer in euro2012 qualifing phase with 12 goals.. they both must have higher raiting..