Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I)

Phil (GT)

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I)

Ok this is a bit of a mockery now so far they have taken the time to change Phillip Lahm from RB/LB to LB/RB but not raised Gomez?

Why??? The only good thing is they havent officially stopped reviewing Germany though they are now reviewing Italy as well.

could it possibly be because he has played LB more this season now that Rafinha is there :rolleyes:

You have obviously not understood my point....

Yes he has played more at LB but it makes no difference whatsoever changing him from RB/LB to LB/RB he still plays both positions just as well. They should concentrate on ratings not pointless changes of position RB/LB -> LB/RB makes no difference other then being a bit more asthetically pleasing yet they are currently neglecting an obvious rise in Gomez's rating which does make a difference.

You have obviously not understood my point....

Yes he has played more at LB but it makes no difference whatsoever changing him from RB/LB to LB/RB he still plays both positions just as well. They should concentrate on ratings not pointless changes of position RB/LB -> LB/RB makes no difference other then being a bit more asthetically pleasing yet they are currently neglecting an obvious rise in Gomez's rating which does make a difference.

You'd be surprised how many guys on here don't like using a player in there second position, so it does make a difference changing a players position to the correct one.

on the gomez debate.....I think his rating is justified for now, If he keeps up his form then he may well get a 94 by the end of the season.

He may have scored plenty of goals this season, but he isn't any better a player than the afore mentioned Huntelaar or even Dzeko who both have the same goals per game ratio this season.

SM can't just look at the stats when rating players, surely they have to look at how good the player is all round aswell? No?

You'd be surprised how many guys on here don't like using a player in there second position' date=' so it does make a difference changing a players position to the correct one.

on the gomez debate.....I think his rating is justified for now, If he keeps up his form then he may well get a 94 by the end of the season.

He may have scored plenty of goals this season, but he isn't any better a player than the afore mentioned Huntelaar or even Dzeko who both have the same goals per game ratio this season.

SM can't just look at the stats when rating players, surely they have to look at how good the player is all round aswell? No?[/quote']

His rating isn't justified at 93 it should be 94 it's not just been good form it's been a whole year of scoring goals. He scored 28 last season for Bayern in the league and already has 13 this season.

The difference between Dzeko, Huntlaar and Gomez is that Dzeko (though I think he is a good player) performed very poorly at his start with Man City. He has only recently picked up his game but he also performs in spells. Huntlaar is the same he didnt have a fantastic season last year and this start of season he is playing well and scoring goals.

Gomez has been consistantly playing at a level above 93. He's been better then the likes of Benzema etc and just slightly behing Messi and Ronaldo in goals. As an all round player as well Gomez is a CF his job is to score goals. He isnt meant to dribble past players or do fancy passes he's meant to score and he does this with both feet his head whatever. He scores goals.

What would you rather in your team a goalscorer like Gomez or someone less prolific but say a better dribbler like Benzema (who is also good)?

I have been saying this since the world cup. its clear that soccermanager was adjusting Germany to be above the overall quality of Italy over the last year, and with these aggressive changes to the top teams in Germany I think its clear there is a desire to put Bayern (especially) on par with the top in England and put Dortmund on the level of the 4-6 teams in England. Overall quality wise i think this is more than fair. I think its clear the top teams in Spain a a solid distance ahead of other teams right now then i think you have a cluster of teams that are on par at a "lower upper level" being teams like Bayern, United, Chelsea, Milan possibly even City. So having said that i think you could see the overall team ratings of Barca and Real Madrid continue to distance themselves from the rest, because in fact watching Barca and Madrid play, it looks like they are the only ones that can consistently trouble each other. So given the overall landscape i think this is fair.

As far as Gomez is concerned doesnt SM take a longer term view for ratings. Gomez didnt really start coming into goalscoring form until about the second half of last season if i recall correctly so that said he has played just less than a full season where he has been banging in goals...so im not as shocked as other that his 94 may be delayed a review or two

Also to the person above me, Ben C, I am both shocked and appalled that you would say Gomez is a better player than Benzema. Since Higuain's injury and Benzema becoming the clear starter I would argue that there has been very few strikers better than him, he can do far more on the field than Gomez and the fact that he scored more than 25 goals last season on a team with Ronaldo while basically only getting real minutes for half the season says a lot.

Can't see how Boateng kept his 'Def', i admit haven't watched every game of his but CB/RB was a change i expected.

ShockingStuber rated higher than Boateng?? It's unbelievable how terrible Badstuber actually is, seen nearly all of Bayern's games in UCL and a few in the Bundesliga, and every time he looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Loved Gotzes change, have him for 1 of my teams and he has a CV of 30M!! Swapped Schurrle for him a while back.

His rating isn't justified at 93 it should be 94 it's not just been good form it's been a whole year of scoring goals. He scored 28 last season for Bayern in the league and already has 13 this season.

The difference between Dzeko' date=' Huntlaar and Gomez is that Dzeko (though I think he is a good player) performed very poorly at his start with Man City. He has only recently picked up his game but he also performs in spells. Huntlaar is the same he didnt have a fantastic season last year and this start of season he is playing well and scoring goals.

Gomez has been consistantly playing at a level above 93. He's been better then the likes of Benzema etc and just slightly behing Messi and Ronaldo in goals. As an all round player as well Gomez is a CF his job is to score goals. He isnt meant to dribble past players or do fancy passes he's meant to score and he does this with both feet his head whatever. He scores goals.

What would you rather in your team a goalscorer like Gomez or someone less prolific but say a better dribbler like Benzema (who is also good)?[/quote']

Huntelaar - bundesliga ->1203 minutes - 13 goals ,Schalke 04 - Rank 4

europe -> 623 minutes -5 goals...dont forget ,CL semifinal in the spring

NT -> 684 minutes -12 GOALS !!!!!!!!!!!! ,Holland ,2 in the FIFA World Ranking

SM rating 90

Mario Gomez - bundesliga ->1145 minutes -13 goals , Bayern -Rank 1

europe -527 minutes -7 goals, CL so plus for him

NT - 406 minutes -6 goals ,germany 3 in the FIFA World Ranking

SM rating 93

last year due to his "bad performance" Huntelaar get a -1 ,dont forget he was injured some months and he helped his team to go in CL semifinals ....now that his playing well ,why dont they give back at least what he had before ?

Imo Huntelaar ,skill wise is better then Gomez...he cant rely on assist from players like Robben , Muller ,Kroos , Ribery ,Lahm...etc. he has better numbers with smaller help.

Huntelaar - bundesliga ->1203 minutes - 13 goals ' date='Schalke 04 - Rank 4

SM rating 90

Mario Gomez - bundesliga ->1145 minutes -13 goals , Bayern -Rank 1

europe -527 minutes -7 goals, CL so plus for him

NT - 406 minutes -6 goals ,germany 3 in the FIFA World Ranking

SM rating 90

last year due to his "bad performance" Hutelaar get a -1 ,dont forget he was injured some months and he helped his team to go in CL semifinals ....now that his playing well ,why dont they give back at least what he had before ?

Imo Huntelaar ,skill wise is better then Gomez...he cant rely on assist from players like Robben , Muller ,Kroos , Ribery ,Lahm...etc. he has better numbers with smaller help.[/quote']

He doesnt have better numbers with less help. Gomez has scored more goals in fewer minutes. Except for National team but he's played less games then Huntelaar did for National team.

Im not saying dont give Huntelaar a rise I'm saying Gomez deserves it more then most of the players.

What would you rather in your team a goalscorer like Gomez or someone less prolific but say a better dribbler like Benzema (who is also good)?

Gomez should have dropped to 92 two seasons ago......93 now is justified.....he isn't better than Benzema and shouldn't be rated the same as Aguero or Higuain who are better players.

as far as the scoring record being slightly behind Ronaldo and Messi......those two as you know, are on a different level.......what do you propose if he scores more than Messi?? we give him a 98/99??

there is more to the game than scoring goals ;)

Gomez should have dropped to 92 two seasons ago......93 now is justified.....he isn't better than Benzema and shouldn't be rated the same as Aguero or Higuain who are better players.

as far as the scoring record being slightly behind Ronaldo and Messi......those two as you know' date=' are on a different level.......[b']what do you propose if he scores more than Messi?? we give him a 98/99[/b]??

there is more to the game than scoring goals ;)

About the bold bit no one has ever said that or even remotely suggested that so dont act like thats what I was saying because it's not.

Aguero should get a rise to 95 soon anyway but Higuain isnt better then Gomez.

All I am saying is if he is scoring goals which win games cos at the end of the day football matches come down to who scores more goals. You can play the best football in the world and not score and lose a game. Goals win games Gomez scores goals.... and I think most people would agree he deserved a rise. Anyway I'm just gonna wait till they've stopped reviewing the league then go cry in a corner if he's not raised ;)

About the bold bit no one has ever said that or even remotely suggested that so dont act like thats what I was saying because it's not.

What I meant by the bit you bolded was that just because he is scoring goals doesn't mean he should be on a par with strikers who have more ability.

I reckon he should have been 92 last season, got his 93 round about now then if he continues to play well get his 94 by the end of the season ;)

I just want to say that it doesnt matter whether or not he played bad in the 2009-10 season. In 2009-10, he scored 10 goals in 29 apps, which isnt really that bad plus it was his first season at the club so he had to settle and get used to it. When players play good they should rise, when they play bad its up to SM but they can get chances like many other players have had. They gave Gomez a chance to settle and look at the results, 41 goals in 41 games. Now if that isnt being consistent then I dont know what is. He is also currently the top champions league goal scorer, joint with Messi. In the 2010-11 champions league tournament, he was the third in the goal scorers list. Some people was saying the same thing last review, that he shouldve droped in 2009-2010 thats why he didnt rise at the end of last season but why should we still use that excuse? Look what the majority are saying, they are saying he should rise. He is proving people wrong again and being consistent already. Also I just cant stress enough that whoever thought that Muller deserves 93 should of surely just increased Gomez too cause he has been the one hitting the back of the net for Bayern so far.

So to sum it up, ever since his average season where some people are saying he shouldve dropped he has scored 41 goals in 41 games, bearing in mind that he didnt even play all 38 games with Bayern in 2010-11, he will get more than 28 this season if he carries on scoring and playing every game and in the champions league he has scored 14 goals in 13 games. I would say that should bring a rise and more than makes up for average form in the 2009-2010 season.

Podolsky - bundesliga ->1124 minutes - 11 goals ' date=' Koln -12

europe ->0

NT->683 minutes - 3 goals , Germany ,3 in the FIFA World Ranking

90-91

Huntelaar - bundesliga ->1203 minutes - 13 goals ,Schalke 04 - 4

90-90

NICE ONE SM LOL

Yeah Huntelaar is a bit ridiculous, he's in great form both for Schalke and Holland. Top scorer in the Euro qualifications and preferred over RvP a lot of times during the quali's.

as far as the scoring record being slightly behind Ronaldo and Messi......those two as you know' date=' are on a different level.......what do you propose if he scores more than Messi?? we give him a 98/99??

there is more to the game than scoring goals ;)[/quote']

Gomez atm is the best CF in the world, no doubts in the that, he is a better striker than Benzema, it's unbelievable how many chances Benzema fails to convert, also to his side he's just as important (if not more) as Higuain and Aguero, his scoring record is testament to that. Whilst i agree he should've dropped 2 seasons ago, he had justified his 93 last season, he is playing at a 94 standard now, no doubts.

Doubt RVP will rise now!

Gomez atm is the best CF in the world' date=' no doubts in the that, he is a better striker than Benzema, it's unbelievable how many chances Benzema fails to convert, also to his side he's just as important (if not more) as Higuain and Aguero, his scoring record is testament to that. Whilst i agree he should've dropped 2 seasons ago, he had justified his 93 last season, he is playing at a 94 standard now, no doubts.

Doubt RVP will rise now![/quote']

yes he is in real life better striker than benzema but benzema rating will raise this time.