Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I)

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I)

I am getting Thiago Alcantara + 18m for Boateng. The money wont be particularly helpful right now but Boateng is just a sub and I feel Thiago is much more likely to go 92+. Isnt he?

I would definitely do that deal. Boateng is a very good player and could easily hit 92+ in the future, but Thiago is a future superstar. 95+ minumum in my opinion, plus with £18m, you should be able to get a good replacement for Boateng.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alternative Mirror - Bayern München Alternative Mirror - Borussia Dortmund Alternative Mirror - FC Schalke 04 Alternative Mirror - Borussia Mönchengladbach Alternative Mirror - Werder Brem

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I) Alternative Mirror - Keep/Sell Alternative Mirror - Best risers from all clubs

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I) All predictions now up

Uploaded the analysis of the remaining 6 teams.

Overall, out of 616 predictions, 583 turned out to be correct, which equals 94.62%. Quite happy with that. Only real shocks were Podolski rising and Huntelaar staying IMO.

Phil' date=' are you going to do the players keep list after these changes as u did last time?[/quote']

Yep, expect it soon ;)

I would definitely do that deal. Boateng is a very good player and could easily hit 92+ in the future' date=' but Thiago is a future superstar. 95+ minumum in my opinion, plus with £18m, you should be able to get a good replacement for Boateng.[/quote']

You and your man love for Thiago, I'm seriously concerned ;):P

Fellow forumers, do any of you have an opinion on Ron-Robert Zieler and his potential?

I've lost track of his development since he left Utd reserves but have seen that he's made it in to to Germany NT set-up on a few occasions. Is he finally fulfilling his potential and could he become another top class keeper to filter through the German ranks?

Cheers in advance...

Hi Phil' date=' I've searched the thread, but can't find an answer I'm looking for. Basically just looking for an expert opinion on Andre Schurrle. How good actually is he or how good can he become? Future national team starter do you reckon?

Cheers.[/quote']

He's quite good actually. Constantly improving, and very hard-working off the pitch. On the pitch, his actions are very straightforward usually, he's not one for the fancy tricks or incredible long-range passes, but he often looks to score or find a better-positioned fellow player. A bit like Thomas Müller. If he's shifted to a wing position permanently (which is very likely) he definitely needs to improve his back-tracking though. About the place in NT, very difficult to tell. As of now, Podolski is still preferred for the LW spot, and with his current form (which still isn't a 91 form though considering he's playing at Köln) it seems unlikely that Löw will replace him soon. But should Podolski run through a bad spell of form or get injured, there's a real bunch of young talent pushing for his spot, like Götze, Reus, Schürrle,... I don't dare to guess who out of those will claim his spot then.

Fellow forumers' date=' do any of you have an opinion on Ron-Robert Zieler and his potential?

I've lost track of his development since he left Utd reserves but have seen that he's made it in to to Germany NT set-up on a few occasions. Is he finally fulfilling his potential and could he become another top class keeper to filter through the German ranks?

Cheers in advance...[/quote']

I think he's a very good keeper in many areas, but not really excelling in any of them and unfortunately, he seems to become a bit error-prone recently. Still a decent prospect though and definitely one to hold on to, 90 is certainly within reach in the foreseeable future.

Regarding the NT, well, he's number 3 or 4 currently (behind Neuer, Wiese and maybe even Adler), but IMO he won't be able to hold that spot much longer. Not neccessarily because he isn't good enough, but because there's even more talent pushing from behind in ter Stegen, Leno and maybe even Baumann and Trapp. I guess that Löw will generally rely on 2 experienced keepers (Neuer + Adler/Wiese) and take a young talent as 3rd keeper, which will most probably be one of the 4 mentioned above once they're too old for and therefore not needed any more in the German youth teams.

Hi, i know this isn't a ratings related question but as this is the home of the Bundesliga experts...

Would you say there is much truth behind the Lucas Barrios to Chelsea rumours?

It's just that i'm currently selling him for £27m and was wondering why the other guy seemed so keen.

Hi' date=' i know this isn't a ratings related question but as this is the home of the Bundesliga experts...

Would you say there is much truth behind the Lucas Barrios to Chelsea rumours?[/quote']

Why not post in the official Bundesliga discussion then?

Anyway, I doubt that move would make much sense, neither for Barrios nor for Chelsea, only for Dortmund who'd probably receive a good pile of money.

It's true that Barrios is currently only 2nd choice in Dortmund behind Lewandowski, and therefore he's becoming more and more unhappy with the situation and publicly said he could imagine to leave Dortmund if he doesn't start to play more, and Dortmund already stated that they would let Barrios leave for a good offer (note, they're not trying to get rid of him at any cost, it should still be a beneficial deal for them), which I'd interpret as around € 12-20M, or that they'd keep him if they don't get any decent offers.

However, I don't think that Chelsea would be the right club for him, he'd most probably only sit on the bench again, and if Drogba also really leaves the club (like Anelka already did?) and Torres still doesn't find his form, then Chelsea should really aim for someone better. I think a mid-table Spanish or English, maybe even Italian team with ambitions to go a bit higher and push for a European spot might be ideal for him, but then it remains to be seen if those teams actually need a striker and in case they do, if they can meet the asking price of Dortmund.

Why not post in the official Bundesliga discussion then?
Ahh good point lol' date=' not come across that thread if i'm honest! I'll look it up!
Anyway, I doubt that move would make much sense, neither for Barrios nor for Chelsea, only for Dortmund who'd probably receive a good pile of money.

It's true that Barrios is currently only 2nd choice in Dortmund behind Lewandowski, and therefore he's becoming more and more unhappy with the situation and publicly said he could imagine to leave Dortmund if he doesn't start to play more, and Dortmund already stated that they would let Barrios leave for a good offer (note, they're not trying to get rid of him at any cost, it should still be a beneficial deal for them), which I'd interpret as around € 12-20M, or that they'd keep him if they don't get any decent offers.

However, I don't think that Chelsea would be the right club for him, he'd most probably only sit on the bench again, and if Drogba also really leaves the club (like Anelka already did?) and Torres still doesn't find his form, then Chelsea should really aim for someone better. I think a mid-table Spanish or English, maybe even Italian team with ambitions to go a bit higher and push for a European spot might be ideal for him, but then it remains to be seen if those teams actually need a striker and in case they do, if they can meet the asking price of Dortmund.

Cheers for that, great help as always. I was feeling the same sort of thing, without the detail i must admit... just doesn't feel like a match!

Anelka to China i believe, (Alex also alound to leave) but like you said even if Drogba left too, Barrios still doesn't fit the bill.

Torres

Sturidge

Lukaku

Barrios would most likely be 3rd choice... probably not what he'd want!

=> 'Keep and Sell' - list

Basically Leno will keep on rising at Leverkusen. So only trade him if you can get a better/more certain riser' date=' which is quite unlikely to get IMO.[/quote']

Thanks, I was going to trade Leno + Badu (udinese) for Marvin Martin. As a second GK I have already Ter Stegen

Seeing that list I am a little bit surprised that Jerome Boateng is not in the Definitely Keep list. Why?

Thanks' date=' I was going to trade Leno + Badu (udinese) for Marvin Martin. As a second GK I have already Ter Stegen[/quote']

Depending on your first keeper, it could be a good deal then. Martin seems to be one of the hottest French prospects, and if you already have a solid, young-ish 90+ keeper (like Casillas, Neuer, Cech, Lloris,...) then it isn't really necessary to have a GK prospect if you can trade him for such a promising player as Martin. If you're in need of a decent 2nd goalkeeper though (because your first team keeper isn't high-rated currently or because he might retire soon for example), then I'd keep both Leno & ter Stegen, they both could, but not necessarily must become great keepers, so I wouldn't know who to sell. Leno already has the 'big club' advantage, while ter Stegen (who is a slightly more talented and more complete keeper in most people's eyes) still plays for a club that could turn out to be a one (or half a) season wonder.

Seeing that list I am a little bit surprised that Jerome Boateng is not in the Definitely Keep list. Why?

Because his performances have become rather average since a quite good start to the season. If he wants to rise further, he certainly has to up his game a bit and especially make less easy mistakes.

Depending on your first keeper' date=' it could be a good deal then. Martin seems to be one of the hottest French prospects, and if you already have a solid, young-ish 90+ keeper (like Casillas, Neuer, Cech, Lloris,...) then it isn't really necessary to have a GK prospect if you can trade him for such a promising player as Martin. If you're in need of a decent 2nd goalkeeper though (because your first team keeper isn't high-rated currently or because he might retire soon for example), then I'd keep both Leno & ter Stegen, they both could, but not necessarily must become great keepers, so I wouldn't know who to sell. Leno already has the 'big club' advantage, while ter Stegen (who is a slightly more talented and more complete keeper in most people's eyes) still plays for a club that could turn out to be a one (or half a) season wonder.

Because his performances have become rather average since a quite good start to the season. If he wants to rise further, he certainly has to up his game a bit and especially make less easy mistakes.[/quote']

Thanks for your help. As 1st GK I have Casillas and IMO Ter Stegen is much talented than Leno and will transfer soon to a big club. I will do the deal than, hopes that Martin will transfer soon to a biggest club as Sochoux are in the relegation part and will never rise with them. Seen that Arsenal are interested in him also :)