Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I)

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I)

to be fair for reus ' date=' if he wanted to become a good player then bvb is a good choice. If he wants to be a legend move to Bayern , for me his move was the wrong choice. German league is improving but not close to the EPL or LA LIGA in all fairness.[/quote']

Though I think this whole discussion should be lead in the official Bundesliga discussion thread in the General football forum, I have to state my view here.

Saying this move wasn't the right one for Reus sounds a bit strange for me.

Of course there are bigger clubs in Europe than Dortmund is, but with the move to a bigger club, there also increases the risk of being dropped out of the team faster after some mediocre performances.

And what would this have been for clubs?

IMO

• out of England:
    • Manchester United - though having not the players with the greatest names in the squad always contender for the title in the EPL and always in the CL.
    • Manchester City - the new force in England. They currently also seem to be certain contenders for a CL spot in the EPL.
    • Chelsea - the last team in England that (normally) can guarantee a CL spot.

[*]out of Spain:

• Barcelona - of course.
    • Real Madrid - of course.

[*]out of Italy:

• Milan - IMO currently the only team in Italy that might guarantee CL football. Before this season I would have also added Inter, but we all know how they have performed so far.

Other teams like Arsenal, Liverpool, Sevilla, Valencia, Juventus or Inter can't offer better perspectives than Dortmund can. All of them once were better teams but meanwhile.... Arsenal and Liverpool are on a decline - they have been far better a few years ago. Sevilla and Valencia most likely won't win anything in Spain. And the Serie A doesn't sound too attractive for a player that can also play at a club with highest crowd in Europe (that furthermore is currently the second best one in Germany).

So in total there are 6 teams that are more interesting than Dortmund. 7 if we also consider Bayern.

Out of those IMO City, Barcelona, Real and Bayern already have enough quality in offence. Meaning Reus might not get the game time he needs.

So there are still Chelsea, ManUtd and Milan. Those teams also don't have only **** players in their squads, but IMO Reus could have managed to become a regular there. However against Milan argues the Serie A < Bundesliga fact again.

So 2 teams are left. Considering that Reus is only 22, why should he move now to the biggest club available when he can also play in his home country, at the club he started playing football, in the town where his family and girlfriend lives and at a club that isn't bad at all either?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alternative Mirror - Bayern München Alternative Mirror - Borussia Dortmund Alternative Mirror - FC Schalke 04 Alternative Mirror - Borussia Mönchengladbach Alternative Mirror - Werder Brem

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I) Alternative Mirror - Keep/Sell Alternative Mirror - Best risers from all clubs

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2011/2012 (I) All predictions now up

Is there even the slightest chance that Andreas Wolf of Werder Bremen could drop to 86? Thanks

There is always a chance but he has been starter for Bremen so far and I would expect a stay with a (very) small chance to rise, depending on Bremen's performance. A drop should be very unlikely.

Though I think this whole discussion should be lead in the official Bundesliga discussion thread in the General football forum' date=' I have to state my view here.

Of course there are bigger clubs in Europe than Dortmund is, but with the move to a bigger club, there also increases the risk of being dropped out of the team faster after some mediocre performances.

IMO

[list']

[*]out of England:

• Manchester United - though having not the players with the greatest names in the squad always contender for the title in the EPL and always in the CL.
  • Manchester City - the new force in England. They currently also seem to be certain contenders for a CL spot in the EPL.

[*]out of Spain:

• Barcelona - of course.

[*]out of Italy:

• Milan - IMO currently the only team in Italy that might guarantee CL football. Before this season I would have also added Inter, but we all know how they have performed so far.

Other teams like Arsenal, Liverpool, Sevilla, Valencia, Juventus or Inter can't offer better perspectives than Dortmund can. All of them once were better teams but meanwhile.... Arsenal and Liverpool are on a decline - they have been far better a few years ago. Sevilla and Valencia most likely won't win anything in Spain. And the Serie A doesn't sound too attractive for a player that can also play at a club with highest crowd in Europe (that furthermore is currently the second best one in Germany).

So in total there are 6 teams that are more interesting than Dortmund. 7 if we also consider Bayern.

Out of those IMO City, Barcelona, Real and Bayern already have enough quality in offence. Meaning Reus might not get the game time he needs.

So there are still Chelsea, ManUtd and Milan. Those teams also don't have only **** players in their squads, but IMO Reus could have managed to become a regular there. However against Milan argues the Serie A < Bundesliga fact again.

So 2 teams are left. Considering that Reus is only 22, why should he move now to the biggest club available when he can also play in his home country, at the club he started playing football, in the town where his family and girlfriend lives and at a club that isn't bad at all either?

You missed out Spurs where he could of been class IMO but when you think about it, there is no surprise he has gone to Dortmund.

I caught a bayern munique team but i'm not very into bundesliga.

By now there haven't Belém ano transfer and i want to know wich players i should sell' date=' trade, buy and keep

Thanks by now.[/quote']

imo, keep Neuer, Schweiny, Ribery & Gomez. flog the rest or p/x for better players ie your hummels, thiago silvas, pique, messi, ronaldo etc etc etc

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Just a polite reminder that we have members from all corners of the globe and sometimes English isn't their first language, so please try and refrain from highlighting any mistakes.

Thanks

Hi Phil,

I have Zieler as my back up keeper and my hopes was for him to get the +3 he got, then +1 on both the changes after so he would end the season on 89. Is this realistic? I have noticed that Hannover's form has slipped recently, is this partly because they were playing well at the start and were never going to keep it up? Has Zieler made mistakes or is he solid?

imo' date=' keep Neuer, Schweiny, Ribery & Gomez. flog the rest or p/x for better players ie your hummels, thiago silvas, pique, messi, ronaldo etc etc etc[/quote']

Lahm, Badstuber, Kroos and Muller.

edit: though that does not leave much.

Though I think this whole discussion should be lead in the official Bundesliga discussion thread in the General football forum' date=' I have to state my view here.

IMO

[list']

[*]out of England:

[*]out of Spain:

• Barcelona - of course.

[*]out of Italy:

Have to disagree here, Arsenal have qualified for the Champions League every year for the last 11 years, I'll agree that they aren't as strong as they where 7-8 years ago but Arsenal would still be top club to go too to further your career.

What do you think of the following players?

Gundogan' date=' Ilkay

LEITNER, Moritz

Draxler, Julian

Will be 90 +?[/quote']

I think it's pretty safe to say that they won't be 90+ in the next changes. Anything beyond that can only be answered by a crystal ball, but mine is still in repair. Such a shame it's always broken or untraceable whenever questions like this pop up.

You can get to a club like Real Madrid or Barcelona?

Of course I can. I just rather spend my time answering idiotic questions in this thread.

I have Zieler as my back up keeper and my hopes was for him to get the +3 he got' date=' then +1 on both the changes after so he would end the season on 89. Is this realistic? I have noticed that Hannover's form has slipped recently, is this partly because they were playing well at the start and were never going to keep it up? Has Zieler made mistakes or is he solid?[/quote']

I think a 88 at the end of the season is more realistic. Zieler hasn't been that good at the end of the first half of the season - so hasn't Hannover.

Have to disagree here' date=' Arsenal have qualified for the Champions League every year for the last 11 years, I'll agree that they aren't as strong as they where 7-8 years ago but Arsenal would still be top club to go too to further your career.[/quote']

I see your point. Of course Arsenal has been a regular CL team in the past. And a move to Arsenal wouldn't have been the worst to do for Reus, too. After all he would have played in the best league of the world then. However IMO moving to Dortmund was better simply because I think that the chances to qualify for CL with Dortmund in Bundesliga are at least equal to those to qualify for CL in England with Arsenal and furthermore because it might be 'easier' for Reus to play for a team in his home-country.

I think it's pretty safe to say that they won't be 90+ in the next changes. Anything beyond that can only be answered by a crystal ball' date=' but mine is still in repair. Such a shame it's always broken or untraceable whenever questions like this pop up.

Of course I can. I just rather spend my time answering idiotic questions in this thread.[/quote']

Is it really necessary to be as dismissive in a reply as this....:confused:

He only asked a question, fair enough not the brightest question in the world as nobody can predict the future but all I think he is was asking was do these players have the potential/talent to be 90+

Yes every player might have the potential to be a 90+ but as he appears to live in a country differently to germany and probably dont see these players very often he was seeking advice as to there possible capabilities from somebody who sees them on a regular basis....

Really dont see the problem :confused::confused:

For what it's worth I think Draxler has the most natural talent and all of them should at the very least be capable of getting to a near 90 rating but how long that will take is anybody's guess :)

I think it's pretty safe to say that they won't be 90+ in the next changes. Anything beyond that can only be answered by a crystal ball' date=' but mine is still in repair. Such a shame it's always broken or untraceable whenever questions like this pop up.

Of course I can. I just rather spend my time answering idiotic questions in this thread.[/quote']

Is it really necessary to be as dismissive in a reply as this....:confused:

He only asked a question' date=' fair enough not the brightest question in the world as nobody can predict the future but all I think he is was asking was do these players have the potential/talent to be 90+

Yes every player might have the potential to be a 90+ but as he appears to live in a country differently to germany and probably dont see these players very often he was seeking advice as to there possible capabilities from somebody who sees them on a regular basis....

Really dont see the problem :confused::confused:

[/quote']

Agree with Ray here (for once:p).

No need for such an abrupt reply imo to a member who does not seem to have english as his primary language, coupled with the fact that he was seeking an opinion.

I think a 88 at the end of the season is more realistic. Zieler hasn't been that good at the end of the first half of the season - so hasn't Hannover.

I see your point. Of course Arsenal has been a regular CL team in the past. And a move to Arsenal wouldn't have been the worst to do for Reus' date=' too. After all he would have played in the best league of the world then. However IMO moving to Dortmund was better simply because I think that the chances to qualify for CL with Dortmund in Bundesliga are at least equal to those to qualify for CL in England with Arsenal and furthermore because it might be 'easier' for Reus to play for a team in his home-country.[/quote']

That I do agree with, it was an easy choice for him really, stay in his comfort zone or move away and take the risk of not making it in another country, besides as you said B. Dortmund is basically his home.

Agree with Ray here (for once:p).

No need for such an abrupt reply imo to a member who does not seem to have english as his primary language' date=' coupled with the fact that he was seeking an opinion.[/quote']

I can see where Ray is coming from though.

Pedro has asked a question that noone can really answer, and it happens hundred of times in these prediction threads. It does get tiring after a while to be polite when people ask such silly questions.

Should I hold on Reinartz? :)

I think there are quite a few better prospects out there, if possible, I'd trade him for players such as Badstuber, Hummels, Subotic, Boateng, David Luiz, Höwedes, Richards, M'Bia, Vertonghen, Alderwereild, Benatia, Jones to name just a few.

He did look very promising at first, but opposed to other players such as Hummels/Badstuber/Höwedes to name just those I watch more regularly, his development has stalled for quite some time now, in fact, he even started to make some easy mistakes more often.

He's still a very safe 89 though, maybe even with the possibility to get 90 somewhen (under the right circumstances), but I don't really see him becoming a real world class CB any more.

I think there are quite a few better prospects out there' date=' if possible, I'd trade him for players such as Badstuber, Hummels, Subotic, Boateng, David Luiz, Höwedes, Richards, M'Bia, Vertonghen, Alderwereild, Benatia, Jones to name just a few.

He did look very promising at first, but opposed to other players such as Hummels/Badstuber/Höwedes to name just those I watch more regularly, his development has stalled for quite some time now, in fact, he even started to make some easy mistakes more often.

He's still a very safe 89 though, maybe even with the possibility to get 90 somewhen (under the right circumstances), but I don't really see him becoming a real world class CB any more.[/quote']

Thanks! :)

Alexander Esswien of Nurnberg, is he worth keeping?

He hasnt played this year as far as i know and i think hes only managed 1 goal in 12 appearances, not very good for a striker.

I could sell him and buy a standered 86, which is my first teams average rating, will he be 86 before long or has he been replaced by Pekhart etc. :(

Thanks for any help :)

Alexander Esswien of Nurnberg' date=' is he worth keeping?

He hasnt played this year as far as i know and i think hes only managed 1 goal in 12 appearances, not very good for a striker.

I could sell him and buy a standered 86, which is my first teams average rating, will he be 86 before long or has he been replaced by Pekhart etc. :(

Thanks for any help :)[/quote']

Depends on how you define worth keeping. I doubt he will make any big jumps from now on, but small 1/2 rises are definitely possible in the next few changes if he keeps up his current performances. His recent positional change is a bit misleading though, he's mostly used as a winger in Nürnberg's 4-5-1 (4-3-3 when attacking) system - hence his relative lack of goals - so his switch from Fwd/Wing to CF didn't make much sense to me. 86 is definitely reachable for him until the end of the season though, up to you whether you think it's worth the wait or if you rather want to trade him for a older, solid 86 instantly. I'm pretty certain though that he'll peak at around 88/89 max though, if he ever reaches it at all, he doesn't look like more than an average Bundesliga player really.

Oh, and he didn't play so far this year simply because there haven't been any games yet, the Bundesliga is currently in its winter break :P