Michael Essien?

patches643

Re: Michael Essien?

I don't think Essien can ever retain his old form, but still he is a good player. It's true that from now on he'll keep dropping, but since he was injured for a long time it shouldn't be more than a -1 this time. He will still be a 92-93 DM for another couple of years, for a short term he is good (also you get him a bit cheaply with all the hype of dropping).

They didn't drop him last time for being injured' date=' but a player who is not even playing for a long time shouldn't be the highest DM.[/quote']

His perfomances should affect his rating, he missed most of the 2008/2009 season and still looked a class act when he returned. In my view no point dropping his rating just for SM to put it back at 95.

Essien has been plagued with injuries which has stopped him from getting that "world-class" status. He is, in my opinion, a fantastic player and vital to Chelsea. There's a worry that when he returns, he won't play like his past form or even make the first team. Considering how SM ratings work, I think they'll drop him -1 to 94. This in itself is a very good rating and may still be important for your first team. Bear in mind that his value will go from around £30mil to £20mil, so if you can get a suitable replacement I would. Also, almost everyone knows he's injured, so trying to part-exchange for a player 92+ is tough (I know, I've been trying! :o)