Sign in to follow this  
тσм_мғϲ

Which EC is best?

Hey Guys, I dont mean to cause any problems or disrupt whats going on here, but I hope you'll accept my post just to clear out a few things going on around SM. This is regarding people trying to call "x setup the best" and "y setup not as good as z". No setup is better than any other. The simple answer is all setups are around about equally as good as each other. But you could say this (ec 7046, ec7777, ec106, and ec5579 are all the stand out english champs and perhaps overll GWs around). We should just all feel very lucky and proud that there are so many oppotunities available to us to be in such a big GW today.

Anyhow as I was saying, I think us, 7046, 7777, and 106 are all the best in their own ways. 7777 is the best english championship you'll find with the full quota of teams available to manage from the top divisions in England. 106 has the 'class tough manager' aproach to it for me. Very tactical, and competitive. 7046 is very active, and interactive! gets everyone involved and rarely does a team come available, if it does - snap them up! 5579 is the most unique - anything can happen setup - a family setup for me. I mean this is illustrated with the fact that Manchester United are in the 2nd division and struggling to get back out of it. And that Cardiff & Shrewsbury are currently competing for the Premier Division title.

I'd like to stress again for those who have decided to skim read my post that no setup is better than any other, theres no point ranking setups in order anymore, cause it just doesnt work.

I do not intend to start a huge debate now on this matter on this thread - all i want as my point to have came across well, and that people stop ranking up setups in 1st 2nd 3rd, etc because I dont like it, and anyone with the right mind also wont like it.

P.S this is being posted on all these setups threads, not just here!

Thanks, and carry on! :)

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

That would be why i put' date=' "[b']One of[/b], If not the" :P But in my eyes it already is the best.

I'm pretty sure in almost everyone's eyes :)
Hey Guys' date=' I dont mean to cause any problems or disrupt whats going on here, but I hope you'll accept my post just to clear out a few things going on around SM. This is regarding people trying to call "x setup the best" and "y setup not as good as z". No setup is better than any other. The simple answer is all setups are around about equally as good as each other. But you could say this (ec 7046, ec7777, ec106, and ec5579 are all the stand out english champs and perhaps overll GWs around). We should just all feel very lucky and proud that there are so many oppotunities available to us to be in such a big GW today.

Anyhow as I was saying, I think us, 7046, 7777, and 106 are all the best in their own ways. 7777 is the best english championship you'll find with the full quota of teams available to manage from the top divisions in England. 106 has the 'class tough manager' aproach to it for me. Very tactical, and competitive. 7046 is very active, and interactive! gets everyone involved and rarely does a team come available, if it does - snap them up! 5579 is the most unique - anything can happen setup - a family setup for me. I mean this is illustrated with the fact that Manchester United are in the 2nd division and struggling to get back out of it. And that Cardiff & Shrewsbury are currently competing for the Premier Division title.

I'd like to stress again for those who have decided to skim read my post that no setup is better than any other, theres no point ranking setups in order anymore, cause it just doesnt work.

I do not intend to start a huge debate now on this matter on this thread - all i want as my point to have came across well, and that people stop ranking up setups in 1st 2nd 3rd, etc because I dont like it, and anyone with the right mind also wont like it.

Thanks, and carry on! :)[/quote']

Good timing tom ;)

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Sounding a little defensive there Tom! :eek: So is it okay for people to debate which is most unique? :rolleyes: Besides' date=' didn't last season's 4 Nations decide who was 'best'? ;)[/quote']

Im not trying to be defensive to any setup.

If I was a 7046 regular aswell as 5579, or 7777 then it wouldnt sound so defensive would it?

All us guys in these setups should be helping each other not building up rivalry surely? Or are we in the sad situation where everyone wants to rival up setups? That'd be a shame.

Sounding a little defensive there Tom! :eek: So is it okay for people to debate which is most unique? :rolleyes: Besides' date=' didn't last season's 4 Nations decide who was 'best'? ;)[/quote']

I honestly dont know where this has come from but im probably guessing as 5579 is going through a rough patch with it being hammered constately :P

I think they all are all unique and there is some you will like , Me I love 7046 , like 2933 and 7345 before it imploded but I hated 106 and 5579 for me was the worst setup Ive ever joined as at the time I hated the clique community and Its interest in managers doing well in the lower leagues was shocking. 106 was very welcoming and a great setup but it just couldnt get on with it :P

I honestly dont know where this has come from but im probably guessing as 5579 is going through a rough patch with it being hammered constately :P

I think they all are all unique and there is some you will like ' date=' Me I love 7046 , like 2933 and 7345 before it imploded but I hated 106 and 5579 for me was the worst setup Ive ever joined as at the time I hated the clique community and Its interest in managers doing well in the lower leagues was shocking. 106 was very welcoming and a great setup but it just couldnt get on with it :P[/quote']

Thanks mate, knew I could count on someone as sensible as you in this sort of situation. :confused:

What have I got to say to get across the message that I am lookingat this in a neutral perspective?

Hey Guys' date=' I dont mean to cause any problems or disrupt whats going on here, but I hope you'll accept my post just to clear out a few things going on around SM. This is regarding people trying to call "x setup the best" and "y setup not as good as z". No setup is better than any other. The simple answer is all setups are around about equally as good as each other. But you could say this (ec 7046, ec7777, ec106, and ec5579 are all the stand out english champs and perhaps overll GWs around). We should just all feel very lucky and proud that there are so many oppotunities available to us to be in such a big GW today.

I think if people feel that a setup is the best, then they should be entitled to voice their opinions. It isn't hurting anyone.

Im not trying to be defensive to any setup.

If I was a 7046 regular aswell as 5579' date=' or 7777 then it wouldnt sound so defensive would it?

All us guys in these setups should be helping each other not building up rivalry surely? Or are we in the sad situation where everyone wants to rival up setups? That'd be a shame.[/quote']

I'm not sure why competition between set-ups is a problem. In fact, I made a custom about it :P

All in all, I think block posting this across several set-ups is akin to shooting yourself in the foot Tom :o

Thanks mate' date=' knew I could count on someone as sensible as you in this sort of situation. :confused:

What have I got to say to get across the message that I am lookingat this in a neutral perspective?[/quote']

It was a joke take it easy :P

I love the fact its a competetion between set-ups as it opens up a lot of debate and intrigue which I rather enjoy :P

I dont think you can ever decide what setup is the ''best'' as you have different people who enjoy different aspects of the setup they like ;)

Sensible enough for you ?

I dont see why you are bringing this up for as there have been 2 GWS made on this sort of thing :D

EDIT : Stu beat me to the last point you git :P

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

I like this set up but I do like 7046 better, I do think that 7046 it is a better set up and I feel I am allowed to express my opinion on the matter.

This does not mean I do not like this set up nor does it mean I will post less here, put less time and effort into this set up than I have done for the past 80/90 games.But Tom I don't feel that you needed to post this same message over the set ups though as I feel you are just causing problems with doing so unless you are using it as a publicity stunt to try and get the unmanaged teams filled as they say no publicity is bad publicity.

I'm getting pretty tired of all this Kack....

People writing rousing speeches as if we're all going to war :rolleyes:

It's a game for christs sake, play it and enjoy it

This isn't a dig aimed directly at you Tom, but "we should feel lucky and proud" why? it's a bloody game

if this is the kind of stuff that makes people feel lucky and proud then they have alot of growing up to do ;)

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

People are entitled to opinion which set up they feel is best and thats the end of it really.

This is MY favirote EC, and at the moment it's buzzing, the managers are just as competitive and transfers are flying through!

Ill go with the majority vote then...

Does everyone want a head on war then between setups? Might aswell get my armour and sword out B)

There's no point. Everyone has their favourite set-ups and that's fine. There's no way to find out which is 'best'. Even the 4 Nations doesn't represent which set-up is the best as 7345 exceed expectations so much :P

Basically, you're allowed to love 5579 but it's a bit naughty to get all huffy when people say it's not so great as the boot could clearly be on the other foot. Didn't you have a side in 7046 for ages that you just kept for the prestige?

At the end of the day it's all talk, but stimulating discussion which will do the forum a favour. Maybe keep it in one place though :o

I'm getting pretty tired of all this Kack....

People writing rousing speeches as if we're all going to war :rolleyes:

It's a game for christs sake' date=' play it and enjoy it

This isn't a dig aimed directly at you Tom, but "we should feel lucky and proud" why? it's a bloody game

if this is the kind of stuff that makes people feel lucky and proud then they have alot of growing up to do ;)[/quote']

For the xth time, im trying to help the forum - wars dont help the forum :rolleyes:B)

Wasnt expecting to be doing this 1 vs the forum :rolleyes:

I dont mind people saying they prefer 1 setup to another, but when they rival out 1 for another - that I dont like, and thats what I want to try and eliminate!

*sigh*

There's no point. Everyone has their favourite set-ups and that's fine. There's no way to find out which is 'best'. Even the 4 Nations doesn't represent which set-up is the best as 7345 exceed expectations so much :P

Basically' date=' you're allowed to love 5579 but it's a bit naughty to get all huffy when people say it's not so great as the boot could clearly be on the other foot. Didn't you have a side in 7046 for ages that you just kept for the prestige?

At the end of the day it's all talk, but stimulating discussion which will do the forum a favour. Maybe keep it in one place though :o[/quote']

Once again, this hasnt got anything to do with my stance in EC 5579. Look at this way. My EC 5579 Hat is in the wardrobe. I have got my SM Forumer hat on now...

And I do regard my mistakes with Swindon as one of my biggest SM regrets ever, I cant belive how much I bent the rules there, and it was unaceptable. But thats not what this is all about though!

gonna have to disagree... the only setups that are the best is the ones im in! lol :D

get what your saying though, we all have our opinions and i'm sure it's all only meant lightheartedly :P

Guest drseanfitz

Maybe keep it in one place though :o

Maybe a gameworld mod could merge it all into one big super 'which setup is best' discussion thread then :rolleyes::P

For the xth time' date=' im trying to help the forum - wars dont help the forum :rolleyes:B)

I dont mind people saying they prefer 1 setup to another, but when they rival out 1 for another - that I dont like, and thats what I want to try and eliminate!

*sigh*[/quote']

I'm in them all mate, and as I said it wasn't aimed directly at you;)

I'm more fed up with the constant "speech" posts over the past few days from many different forumers, coming across as if this game is the reason we're here ;)

For the xth time' date=' im trying to help the forum - wars dont help the forum :rolleyes:B)

*sigh*[/quote']

Two words: Mountain-Molehill.

Enough said.

Basically' date=' you're allowed to love 5579 but it's a bit naughty to get all huffy when people say it's not so great as the boot could clearly be on the other foot. [b']Didn't you have a side in 7046 for ages that you just kept for the prestige? [/b]

At the end of the day it's all talk, but stimulating discussion which will do the forum a favour. Maybe keep it in one place though :o

Myself and Jooles noticed this a while ago, he had Swindon Town in this setup which he never logged onto and he did the same with Barnet in 7777. What happened with each club? Relegated. Its as if hes trying to sabotage other setups in some sort of immature manner.

Not going to lie, his longwinded post seems pointless in my opinion as everybody has their favourties. Just think Tom needs to drop this "Competition" feel with setups and let everyone choose their favourites.

Myself and Jooles noticed this a while ago' date=' he had Swindon Town in this setup which he never logged onto and he did the same with Barnet in 7777. What happened with each club? Relegated. Its as if hes trying to sabotage other setups in some sort of immature manner.

Not going to lie, his longwinded post seems pointless in my opinion as everybody has their favourties. Just think Tom needs to drop this "Competition" feel with setups and let everyone choose their favourites.[/quote']

Ah! Prime example #01 of someone whose NOT bothered reading my posts!

Would trying to rejoin these setups and commiting to them long term ease everyones problems in that department?

Im not an acid, im not an alkaline, im neutral!!!!!!!

Right Im going to say my last piece on the matter as I dont really care that much for this discussion :D

We all know tom made mistakes with his swindon in here but I dont think we need to bring that up as he apologised to everyone and its case closed on that matter B)

While I dont think tom should have posted what he posted its a forum with opinions and I respect tom's opinion and I do agree on certain points made. To end this I think everyone has there setup they call there own and setups you wont like its just your opinion and you shouldnt be shot down for it :)

PS , Its just a game people and now im off to grab a beer B)