Shall i sell Eto'o or is it worth keeping him ?

Re: Shall i sell Eto'o or is it worth keeping him ?

I'd keep him until just before they rate Russia again. He's a 96' date=' worth keeping around.[/quote']

Agree, it also depends on who you've got lined up to replace him. SM revised the Russia ratings not so long ago, so he's safe at 96 for the time being. But he will only decline in future rating reviews as the Russian league cap seems to be around 91/92

well i just bought in benzema and neymar is unmanaged and also some other really good youths

well if there are players like neymar hanging around at unmanaged clubs then you must get him asap. if you have no other players that are worth selling to bring in cash then you might aswell sell eto now, you will sell him for about 33million to Anhzi which is brilliant for a player who will drop by -2/-3 in the next russian changes.

keep him. do you think he will see out his career in russia? he may only drop -1 each time the russian league is reviewed, but how can you justify dropping a world class striker just because he is in a 'capped' league? if he is playing & scoring he will most likely stay.

& how long before neymar gets a 96?

well i just bought in benzema and neymar is unmanaged and also some other really good youths

can you get the likes of Gomez? what are the talented youths that are available? as previously said, eto is fine for around 5 months, but then sell, he will eventually drop to 91 in about 3 changes or 18 months however you want to look at it

Youth are great and all, but you'll rarely find a youth player moving into the high 90's within the next 2-3 actual years. Which by then you'll either quit SM or probably quit that team. If not, you can easily find different up and coming youth as there will always be many, many players from Brazil, Argentina, Germany, possibly Belgium if they continue, France, Africa as a whole, Spain. The youth around now are not the end all of players. Simply keeping him until it says Russia will be again revised and there will be a couple more youngsters few people will here about with the same potential as the highly rated ones.

Shall i sell Eto'o or is it worth keeping him ?

IMO if you have good young players like Neymar, Rossi, Leandro Damiao, Suarez or Cavani, in unmanaged clubs, sell etoo and buy these young players. Look at what happened with Fabiano he droped -2 after his move to brazil. Eto'o started dropping in Jan2010 and looking at the way inter have been playing for the past two seasons and with the italian league loosing a place in the CL to the german league his 96 was far from safe. IMO he will drop -2 and next season another -2.

gonna be awhile. first a move to a big club is necessary.... then a bunch of rating changes are needed. id give it 2 years or more

thanks but i think i know that' date=' but do you know about neymar? just signed a new contract with Santos until 2014. He is staying there for another 3 seasons unless his new release clause is met. In my eyes the guy has his head on straight. Stay in Brazil and grow as a player. Try 5/6 years for a 96...

taken from FoxSports:

Despite widespread rumors of a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona, Neymar said Wednesday he made the decision to stay with Santos because it's where he believes he will be the happiest
Neymar said the contract will allow him to stay near his family and friends for as long as possible.
''Here is where I'm happy and here is where I want to stay,'' he said at a news conference. ''I've always said that happiness would play a significant role in my decision. It wasn't an easy decision but I'm happy here, with my family, my friends and my teammates.''

Wearing a jersey with the words, ''It's good to be the king,'' Neymar said he is honored to be wanted by Madrid and Barcelona but that it is just as important to be able to wear the famous Santos jersey.

''I'm wearing the jersey that Pele wore and I'll be playing in some of the best tournaments in the world, like the Copa Libertadores and the Club World Cup, which is what I always said that I wanted to do,'' Neymar said.

"My goal is not to be the best in the world, it is to play in the best competitions. Santos are doing just that. They fought for the Libertadores, they are going to play for the Club World Cup. Santos is a massive club, the best player in the world played here.

i like his attitude. The last statement i couldnt agree with more. Why leave the club of the worlds greatest ever player & his idol? Pele didnt need to move to Madrid or Barca to prove anything, so why should Neymar?

gonna be awhile. first a move to a big club is necessary.... then a bunch of rating changes are needed. id give it 2 years or more

1000 years.Neymar isn't a 96 potential...his peak is 92-93 for me and he is just a a player with some skills and talent but not like Gotze,Muniain..He did 2-3 good matches for Brazil NT and for Santos isn't so good....I simply don't like him and I belive he can't hit more than 92...he can't play in Europe...in la liga or PL...he's....

Pele didnt need to move to Madrid or Barca to prove anything' date=' so why should Neymar?[/quote']

Because football has changed since Pele's time do you think Lionel Messi would be considered the best player in the world if he was playing in Argentina at Maradonnas old club?

Pele was outstanding at international level for Brazil and scored goals for fun in the brazil league. Neymar doesnt even do that.

Neymar isnt outstanding at international level. And just because one of the best players in the world used to play for a club it doesnt make it a big club or one of the best..... Neymar needs to move to a bigger club and bigger league to prove he is the best.

The best tennis players for example dont get recognition for beating people obviously worse then them. They get it for beating people of very high standards. Its the same in all sports. If you want to be considered one of the best players in the world like Neymar does you have to play against the best and lets face it the brazilian league while filled with attacking potential hasnt got a single world class defender in it.

Thats why he needs to move.

Because football has changed since Pele's time do you think Lionel Messi would be considered the best player in the world if he was playing in Argentina at Maradonnas old club?

dont think you get my point. he is happy to stay at santos and be an idol rather than go abroad and potentially flop. Plus the fact he now has a young baby....

the first point you make is ridiculous' date=' if its changed, it has become worse. pele's era was one of the greatest & had some of the greatest ever players. Maradona made his career outside argentina after the age of 22& messi never played in argentina...Neymar is still 19 & by signing his new deal it will run until he is the same age (22/23)..then he may move if he choses, and in my opinion stayinh at santos and playing high level Brazilian league football for 5 seasons as a pro is a good grounding.

Pele was outstanding at international level for Brazil and scored goals for fun in the brazil league. Neymar doesnt even do that.

err 15 caps of Brazil 8 goals..ratio of more than a goal every other game not good enough??

Brazilian League 60 goals in 126 games...

Copa libertadores (champions league of South America) 6 goals in 13 games..

for a 19 year old that pretty good going...

Neymar isnt outstanding at international level. And just because one of the best players in the world used to play for a club it doesnt make it a big club or one of the best..... Neymar needs to move to a bigger club and bigger league to prove he is the best.

read the article...he doesnt want to be known as 'the best'...he wants to be happy and play for in his eyes the biggest club in the world, Santos. I dont blame him, if they are in all the best competitions South America has to offer, why move? Santos are underperforming this season as they sold a lot of key players & Ganso has been injured.

The best tennis players for example dont get recognition for beating people obviously worse then them. They get it for beating people of very high standards. Its the same in all sports. If you want to be considered one of the best players in the world like Neymar does you have to play against the best and lets face it the brazilian league while filled with attacking potential hasnt got a single world class defender in it.

he doesnt, and how is this a valid comparision..tennis is an individual game, football is a team game.

Thats why he needs to move.

what is the NEED to move?

Eto'o will certainly drop and continue to drop in the future. Hence if you're ever going to cash in on him to plunder some of the apparent riches in unmanaged sides, now would be the time to do it so sell :)

On Neymar, I'm kinda glad he's stuck at Santos as it's obviously what he wants to do. It's bad from the point of view of everyone playing SM though!