Rep points???

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Rep points??? Here is some more info: Register Date Factor For every 365 days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. Post Count Factor For every 1000 posts, users gain 1 point of r

Have I been studying too long or did I see something about rep points on the forum? :confused:Or maybe I'm just going crazy I'm sure that I did, I think it was like Adams idea of the karma system

Re: Rep points??? it's a shame to see people picking holes in this new addition to the forum already. this rep system works very well on other sites and all it needs is a little maturity and common

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Rep points???

Here is some more info:

Register Date Factor

For every 365 days' date=' users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Post Count Factor

For every 1000 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Reputation Point Factor

For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.[/i']

So, for instance, I have a rep power of 7. This is built up from me having less than 6000 posts (5000-5999 gives me 5 points of reputation altering power) plus me having joined the forum just over 2 years ago (730-1094 days gives me 2 points of reputation altering power). So when I give a positive response to a post i add 7 rep points to the user in question.

I currently have 12 rep points. This is 10 as we all start with, plus 2 points from the users who have given me positive comments twice (both had a rep altering power of 1, as opposed to my 7 as above).

When I reach 50 rep points, the message you get when hovering over the green rep icon will change.

Minimum Post Count

How many posts must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? - 50

Minimum Reputation Count

How much reputation must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? - 10

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit

How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? Administrators are exempt from this limit. -20

Reputation User Spread

How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? Administrators are exempt from this limit. -10Hopefully that speaks for itself. Hitting just refers to the act of giving reputation, not violence. :)

I can change any of the numbers above, just give me good reason to and I shall.

As for why and when you should leave feedback, it is really down to you. I would suggest just giving positive feedback if you agree with what has been said or think the user has made a good point, or just feel it is a high quality post.

I would leave negative sparingly and only if you disagree/think they have made a poor case, and refrain from leaving any if you are not really bothered. It should NOT be used to grade people on whether they have posted in the right place etc.

I can delete feedback and I believe people should be able to see the feedback they have received, so if any is left unjustly it can be removed. If people are offensive with negative feedback they won't be leaving more once I hear of it. :)

Teb, I think I have a problem.

In my User Control Panel, it says I have 116 rep points (Got 32 rep points yesterday :eek: ) but my rep power is still one. I thought every 100 rep points, I get another rep power?

Thanks Teb.

EDIT: My bad, saw it now.

• 1 month later...

Was looking through this thread again and although the subject was touched on a definitive answer wasn't given. What is a referral?

I've noticed when looking at user's profiles (Yeah, I'm watching you!) that some, but only a few have them and was wondering if it affected rep in any way shape or form? :confused:

Was looking through this thread again and although the subject was touched on a definitive answer wasn't given. What is a referral?

I've noticed when looking at user's profiles (Yeah' date=' I'm watching you!) that some, but only a few have them and was wondering if it affected rep in any way shape or form? :confused:[/quote']

I'm guessing it means that they have referred a friend to join the game :confused: could be wrong.

When someone signs up to the forum they have an option were they choose who told them about the forum.

Well if that person chooses someone then the person they chose gets a referal on there profile.

Thanks for the answer pal :D

does that have a direct effect on rep or is it merely just another statistic?

• 2 months later...

Just a quick question about rep power. :)

Is there any limit to how high your rep power can be??

Yes, just like there's a limit of 8000 posts per user... stupid questions get stupid answers I'm afraid :eek:

Behhh, only kidding. To be honest I wouldn't think there is mate, but I cannot confirm that :P:)

• 1 month later...