English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread

Sky_Blue_Gould

Re: English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread

Cambridge 1-3 Blackpool

Mauro Zarate nonchalantly lobbed it over the advancing keeper on 10 Minutes for the Seasiders, Srdjan Mijailovic beat two defenders and put home a great solo effort! A Spectacular long range shot went into the Corner by Zarate, In the Last minute a short corner was picked up by Fredrik Ljungberg and was curled into the Corner, Ljungberg come to Blackpool from Newcastle after Graham Dorrans was recalled after just 3 Weeks.

EDIT; IVE GOT THE PORTSMOUTH JOB, IF YOU NO ANYBODY WHO MIGHT WANT IT CONTACT THEM AND TELL THEM GET IN TOUCH WITH ME !!!

The offer for Carlos LUQUE of Colón from Tottenham Hotspur has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.
The offer for Carlos IZQUIERDOZ of Lanús from Tottenham Hotspur has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Both will be available to loan once the deals are completed.

"b" team got smashed by arsenals "a" team tonight dunno why the "a" squad was out:confused:

but all i can say is i wish i was stokes position right now

playing arsenal on wed with virtually a full "nmf" squad

Dan James was unable to prevent a Manchester United defeat to fierce rivals Arsenal.

Manchester United were hammered by Arsenal 5 - 0 in their English Championship Shield Round 1 fixture.

"b" team got smashed by arsenals "a" team tonight dunno why the "a" squad was out:confused:

but all i can say is i wish i was stokes position right now

playing arsenal on wed with virtually a full "nmf" squad

I officially hate Bank Holiday Mondays. I thought it was a Sunday so completely forgot to change my team. So yes my cup team plays on Wednsday :(

Shannon Claridge steered AFC Bournemouth to victory against Lincoln City.

AFC Bournemouth beat Lincoln City 2 - 0 in their English Championship Shield Round 1 fixture.

Sane scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

özyakup was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Played my B team, bar 2 players, due to injuries etc.

Happy with the result, simply not too bothered by cup comps anymore :P

Ipswich came back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 then win 5-4 on penalties against a full strength Fulham.

Lacazette scored just before half time then got sent off just after half time then with just 3 minutes to go Brown Ideye got the equalizer .:)

good game . when your 84 rated side beats a 90 rated its gotta be new year and too many Fulham pies were eaten.

Spurs second string see off Brentford 2-0 with goals coming from livermore and Salvio.

Pretty pleased to have a cup run so long as no one from the 1st team pick up injuries as my "B" team is looking ok. Also the extra revenue is very nice indeed.

Northampton 2-1 Southend

Delighted to be in the second round of both cup competitions, espeically considering how awful our league form has been.

Southend took the lead through Gibson (12), Cobblers goals scored by Gustavsson (16) and Filipe (46).

Most lower league teams like to be out of the cup asap, but I want to go as far as possible. My squad is big enough, and the money is just keeping me above debt :)

Aston Villa in the next round though. Wont expect too much :P

5th Division Darlington beat 1st Division QPR 2-1! The change of formation at 60mins worked a treat' date=' changing from 4-5-1 Defensive to 4-3-3 Wingers. The good run of form continues :)[/quote']

Well done Adam, well deserved

I did play a youth/backup team in the game, however thats no excuse as you won well.

Good luck for the rest of the Cup.

My fearsome 70 rated cup team out of the shield at the first hurdle by Blackpool, who were quite clearly cheating by having an actual cup team. That's just not fair. :mad:

Very disappointed, I expected great things from that bunch.

I know it was only a cup match, and I know I messed up by leaving my 1st XI in. But looking at it closely, I still think this should be celebrated. It is a rare sight...

Arsenal 5 - 0 Manchester United

I have to say however looking at Man U's team, if I had played my cup team (including Walcott, Rodriguez, Godin, Wilshere, Benayoun, Ramsey) I probably still would have won the match.

I will look forward to my league match tomorrow against Stoke from behind the sofa!