English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread

Sky_Blue_Gould

Re: English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread

Chelsea win in the Shield against Chesterfield, Lukaku scoring 4.

Players from my cup team are now available to go back to their loaned clubs again, as well as a couple more players being made available for loan, most notably 84-rated LB Gabriel Silva.

Clubs the players were originally loaned to have first refusal on the players as part of the agreement in the initial loan, but if the players aren't reclaimed by Thursday, I will look to send them elsewhere. If the clubs don't need the players on loan anymore, let me know and I can send them elsewhere. Just to clarify, that's:

S├ębastien Corchia - Rochdale

Willy Boly - MK Dons

Oriol Romeu & Daniel Sturridge - Brighton

Josh McEachran - Hereford

Romelu Lukaku - Colchester

Any other player is available for loan now. I will be accepting loan offers in the morning.

Well done Adam' date=' well deserved

I did play a youth/backup team in the game, however thats no excuse as you won well.

Good luck for the rest of the Cup.[/quote']

Thanks a lot mate, I played my back-up team as well! I doubt I'm gonna get much further in the cup like but hey I've seen bigger shocks :P

actually won in europe.... i'm speechless

Dan James steered Manchester United to victory against Shakhtar.

Manchester United outclassed Shakhtar and beat them 3 - 0 in their SMFA Champions Cup Group B fixture.

Messi had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Sneijder, Iniesta and Lahm were amongst the goalscorers.

also if theres anyone out there looking for a lower league challenge in a highly active setup have a browse through this gameworlds "game page" we;ve had a few div 3/4 teams pop open in the last day or so and they don't usually stay open for very long so take a butchers see if theres anything you fancy

Lost 3-2 at Galatasaray last night. Never do an good against unmanaged sides in Europe even though I use the traditional 3-5-2 and dominate stats :rolleyes:

Tricky game at home to Fulham tonight, but we are at full strength unlike our North London rivals :D

*Watch this now as we'll lose and Arsenal will most likely win :P*

Mario Focsa steered Everton to victory against Sporting CP.

Everton beat Sporting CP 1 - 0 in their SMFA Shield Group C fixture.

Stracqualursi scored the winner for Everton and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

It seems like Stracqualursi is making a habit from scoring all these winners , making me select him more often :P .. Playing Wigan tonight , my team needs to bounce back from our last two bad defeats :)

EDIT : Tonight's average is 82 , so not expecting to win :D

Just a reminder to the People in the Bingo Cup Tables on the Game Thread, Which you can find the Link to on the first page of this Thread.

Ive just Rejected The Portsmouth job so they are Available atm if your interested in them. (Any your friends etc)

My Top of the League Blackpool face Second Place Ipswitch tonight at Portman Road, Both of Us have Injurys, They are without S.Pepe, Lacazette and Mariga, Im without Jallet, Morel and Munitis, Both Full backs are out for me tonight so i hope my players who fill in will do the job.

That would be class mate' date=' I will put in a bid.[/quote']

no worries you can keep hold of him for as long as you need him i'll put it through as soon as tonights fixtures are done(as it won't let me at the mo, already tried ;))

also anyone got any idea why it takes so much longer for 8888 matches to be played than any other gameworld(well the ones im in) i mean even my scots500 is coming in befoer it now, crazy:confused:

Dan James steered Manchester United to victory against Sunderland.

Manchester United outclassed Sunderland and thrashed them 5 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Messi scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Iniesta and Sneijder were also amongst the goalscorers.

messi is an absolute beast so far for me this season

in the league he's played 8 scored 7 got 3 assists 4 m.o.m and got an average rating of 8.5 also in europe hes bagged 2 goals in four games with two assists and 4 m.o.m with an average rating of 8.25

Northampton 3-2 Crewe

Finally this team gets a win! First league win since 12th December (7 games ago).

Looked like the same old story at half-time, as we trailed 2-0. Crewe were reduced to 10 men after 68 minutes. The extra man, a change in formation, and the Rui Fonte coming off the bench was the key to victory. Northamptons goals scored by Oviedo (71), Zezinho (78) and Miyachi (84), Fonte creating all 3 goals :)

Stay 20th in the league, but atleast it pulls us close to mid table.

Ipswitch 2-1 Blackpool

Defeat at Portman Road, not Good, Zarate got sent off, Thats Four players unavailable for the next match, Dosent help with a Small Squad, Ipswitch have the Bragging rights at the top of the Championship now.

Beat Blackpool 2-1 goals from Saihi & Jonas.

Good game mate.

Well done mate :)

messi is an absolute beast so far for me this season

in the league he's played 8 scored 7 got 3 assists 4 m.o.m and got an average rating of 8.5 also in europe hes bagged 2 goals in four games with two assists and 4 m.o.m with an average rating of 8.25

And is that a suprise to you or something?

Are we thinking about the same Messi here? :P

And is that a suprise to you or something?

Are we thinking about the same Messi here? :P

nope not really a suprise just a nice bonus that he's doing what his rating should suggest:D

as i see so many peeps b.itchin on the forums saying "messi's not scoring hes playing pants etc etc" and as its the first time ive ever had the pleasure to have him in one of my teams im just glad that hes doing well for me so far thats all;)

Ipswitch 2-1 Blackpool

Defeat at Portman Road' date=' not Good, Zarate got sent off, Thats Four players unavailable for the next match, Dosent help with a Small Squad, Ipswitch have the Bragging rights at the top of the Championship now.

Well done mate :)[/quote']

Might need to change your Sig now :P

Shannon Claridge earned a draw with AFC Bournemouth against Yeovil Town.

The match ended 1 - 1 between AFC Bournemouth and Yeovil Town in their Division 3 fixture.

Forestieri scored the only goal for AFC Bournemouth and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Well this comes as no surprise to me.. Yet another draw (or a loss), even though it seems I dominated the game!

55% possession, 11 shots with 8 on target, they only had 5 and 2 on target!

I just cant seem to win although dominating most games!! :(

The curse of 8888

nope not really a suprise just a nice bonus that he's doing what his rating should suggest:D

as i see so many peeps b.itchin on the forums saying "messi's not scoring hes playing pants etc etc" and as its the first time ive ever had the pleasure to have him in one of my teams im just glad that hes doing well for me so far thats all;)

haha, well you should be happy and all then!

if only my strikers would finish like messi, or at least somewhere half of his finishing ability.

i could do with messi... :P

Argh, I'm not a fan of quitting mid season but Im going to call time on my time as Villa manager. Never competed in a forum set up before and this was a good experience but I'm gonna focus more on my other teams, I dont have time for this one I'm afraid.

Good luck to the rest of you in the season, and good luck to whoever gets the Villa job. Its a decent wee squad but just lacks in depth. Good Luck!

~Kyle

just a quick note for anyone looking out for a team in this setup

aswell as a few lower division teams now being available portsmouth in div2 are also availble

nothing like original portsmouth squad , got some real good players like nocerino etc, just needs a good manager to come in and sort out the whole "nmf" situation on the squad with a bit of rotation