English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread

Sky_Blue_Gould

Re: English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread

The offer for Jeffrey GOUWELEEUW of SC Heerenveen from Northampton Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Regular starter for Heerenveen who are doing really well this season. The CB is only rated 80, can easily see him getting 84/83 in the next ratings, maybe even a bit higher. Swapped Edenilson since we loaned Frimpong.

Hopefully have 2 big signings by tonight aswell :D

unfit villa put to the sword

Gary Mack steered Manchester City to victory against Aston Villa.

Manchester City outclassed Aston Villa and thrashed them 10 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Aguero was in fantastic goal-scoring form and bagged 4 goals, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Muller and Higuain were also amongst the goalscorers.

Dagenham & Redbridge outclassed AFC Wimbledon and beat them 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 4 encounter.

Cuenca was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Colak and Pienaar were also amongst the goalscorers.

Scoring for fun at the moment! CUENCA now has 20 for the season.

Last 10 games sees us get 42 goals, and concede 13...

Northampton 2-0 Barnet

Second half goals from Kakuta and Alvarez seal compfortable win against unmanaged Barnet. The win moves us up to 7th, and the first time we've been in the play-off places this season. Only 9 points off a auto-matic promotion place which im still aiming for.

Should be able to confirm our 2 big signings in a few hours :D

BLACKPOOL BOOMED AWAY FROM LEEDS WITH BAD RESULT !!

Leeds 2-0 Blackpool

Bringing on William Gallas, Gareth Barry and Didier Drogba for Pablo Hernandez, Niko Kranjcar and Aritz Aduriz clearly didnt work as the seasiders later conceded, Andre Santos in his fourth game wearing the blackpool jersey scored a Own Goal when he back passed it to the keeper, the German stopper didnt read the pass correctly and the ball from Santos's foot rolled into the blackpool net, just a minute after the mis-under-standing Etienne Didot finished from just a yard out to finish off a bad night for Blackpool !

1 Millwall 25 25 54

2 Leeds United 25 21 49

3 BLACKPOOL 25 23 47

4 Derby County 25 18 46

5 Nottingham Forest 25 12 46

6 Birmingham City 25 20 45

Bad result, eithen a point last night would of kept us in 2nd !

Home game against Crystal Palace next up.

And the bids are in!

The offer for Leon BEST of Napoli from Northampton Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Swapping Hemed (84) for an 86 rated CF. Always planned to sell Hemed for £6 mill, but im done waiting for externals. Best will be valued around £8.5 million when completed.

The offer for Gabriel OBERTAN of Real Madrid from Northampton Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Swapped my Center Back Saimon (83) for Obertan (86). My wings are pretty weak so this should give us a bit more creativity. Should be worth over £10 million to me.

Really pleased with my second set of transfers. Got some good risers and some big players. Hopefully get 2 more risers before I go back into debt :o

Guest <klhepworth.

Kieran Hepworth steered Brighton and Hove Albion to victory against Reading.

Brighton and Hove Albion beat Reading 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Adebayor scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Yarmolenko was also on the scoresheet for his side.

A solid win.

Also:

Lewis Dunk +7 -> 82

Tom Naylor +8 -> 70 (Very little effect from this rise).

Let Aldershot keep Dunk for last night's game but now I've recalled him because I have been using 72s on my bench:p

Oh, I've also rejected Fulham and Bristol City in the last two days, hope we can get people in to them jobs:)

Oh no....... i have made a serious **** up! just put some of my players on transfer list... accepted a couple of bids! got cancelled as i don't have enough players in my squad! forgot 3 out of 24 are loanees!!!! Worst thing was i had a russian who had an offer of £4.5 million... accepted' date=' he had a -3 drop and is only worth £2.5 million now!! GUTTED...

So is there any chance i could beg someone to buy one of my players and give me a couple in return??

Cheers guys

Chris

Soon to be sacked manager of Burton Albion if i can't keep finances under control! lol[/quote']

Only just seen this, do you still need some help? If you do I'll happily give you a few 2 for 1 70s for 70s to bulk your numbers up. :)

THE BINGO CUP !

I put up on here a few days ago about 'The Bingo Cup' its like a tournament I'm doing.

A lot will probably already no what it is, but last week i predicted that not as many members will come because the amount of people who have quit the set up (Which has been correct) ive decided to make it 16 teams rather than what we had last time round which was about 40.

Currently theres around 11 out of 16 managers up for the competition, I NEED 5 more managers to join, if you havent been in it before theres going to be 4 groups of 4 teams, the top 2 teams from the four groups go to the last 8 which will be the quarter finals.

The groups will be drawn randomly from an old bingo machine of mine, its the luck of the draw who you will be playing against who, theres nothing on it the competition is just for fun :)

As soon as I have got the last few managers the competition can be started and we can get cracking, Im hoping we can get the remaining 5 people in the next day or two so I can draw the groups, do the fixtures and then hopefully we can start it next Sunday.

If you have already got your name down on the thread I would really appreciate it if you could tell one or two others about it who you speak to in the set up (Active on Forum) I have messaged some managers who have posted on the last few pages of this thread.

The faster we can get the others the faster we can start it, should beable finish it before the end of the season in EC 8888.

If you are interested please post on the BINGO CUP THREAD

Cheers, Ben

The offer for Josef MARTINEZ of BSC Young Boys from Northampton Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Probably my last signing as I will go into debt on Wednesday. Martinez has recently joined Young Boys, starting 3 games. Im hoping the 14 starts he had in the Venezuela league, and the few internal appearances get him a +5/4 from his current 78. :)

Haven't really paid much attention to SM lately and should be back now.

Picked up a good point at the Etihad last Wednesday and then almost suffered a shocking defeat to Swansea on Saturday. With 5 minutes left in the match we were 4-2 down and then a quick fire David Villa brace rescued us a point.

To make matters worse City were then given a lovely hefty 10-0 (annoyed with the Villa manager as it is) and we now find ourselves 3 points behind them and now a 14 goal difference too. We ae currently 3rd behind Liverpool who are 2nd and face Everton tonight who are unmanaged.

Shame to see that Man United will probably end up in the wrong hands, why did Dan leave anyway?:confused:

Well the buying from unmanaged clubs has started that could be my lot in here.

Alvaro has left Peterboro to join Preston

now

Carlisle have a bid accepted for a Peterboro player.

It ruins the setup altogether.

Hang on a second' date=' where has this come from all of a sudden?? I s this just something your making up as your opinion or was this mentioned somewhere at the beginning of the league?

Also, why does this ruin the set up?[/font']

Forum run setups always state you cant buy from unmanaged teams as it stops new people coming in and take over them.

Its the golden rule which all forumers abide too.

Im not making anything up... thats why so many unmanaged clubs still have good players available at them because no-one buys them, there are soo many i would go for if i could.