English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread

Sky_Blue_Gould

Re: English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread

Wanted to lower the wages at Darlington, but I couldn't turn down the opportunity to buy this player. Serge Aurier is coming to the club. A 19 year old 84 rated full back, should rise a couple in the upcoming French review. Paid 250k + Ousmane Drame + Marko Biskupovic. Best buy yet for this club.

The offer for Loïc LANDRE of Paris Saint-Germain from Northampton Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Hope ive done this right. Hes on loan in Ligue 2 from PSG and played 5 times since joining them in January. So hopefully that makes for a small rise in a few weeks. Only cost £300,000 so either way ill make a profit

Blackburn Rovers have lost in the final of the English Championship Cup

I pretty much went all in here and failed. League is a mess aswell and I might need to rest a few key players in one of the most important games of the season vs Norwich (currently last).

Oh well, recieved a nice cash injection after tonights game atleast :)

And gratz on the title Wigan..

Wigan Athletic have won the English Championship Cup!!

Wigan Athletic 1-0 Blackburn Rovers

J.SAVIOLA 69

Saviola : '' We are really happy because it wasnt obvious to get 2 red cards in this match and to win it after , despite it , we played very well , we knew that we could win thats why we did our best and fortunately we won ! its wonderful to a team like Wigan to Win the English champions Cup . Its the result of all our efforts since the beginning . Aloso I congratulate Blackburn Rowers's team also cuz they have a good team , and we encourage them . Thank you

Wigan Athletic have won the English Championship Cup!!

Wigan Athletic 1-0 Blackburn Rovers

J.SAVIOLA 69

Saviola : '' We are really happy because it wasnt obvious to get 2 red cards in this match and to win it after ' date=' despite it , we played very well , we knew that we could win thats why we did our best and fortunately we won ! its wonderful to a team like Wigan to Win the English champions Cup . Its the result of all our efforts since the beginning . Aloso I congratulate Blackburn Rowers's team also cuz they have a good team , and we encourage them . Thank you[/quote']

Congratulations mate :D

Unlucky aswell Preppens. Still a great job to get Blackburn to the final

Congratulations mate :D

Unlucky aswell Preppens. Still a great job to get Blackburn to the final

Cheers mate. Really enjoyed my cup run.

Atleast now I can finally focus on the league.

Very happy to see how shockingly bad the goal difference is on the teams in the relegation zone. That's an extra point for me really :)

A Djalma brace and Fraizer Campbell hattrick see's Kettering smash Newport 5-1.

Following this Djalma got another brace, Campbell got another hattrick aswell as 3 others adding goals for an 8-0 victory. Darlington and Stockport both lost, so good news!

Northampton 4-2 Plymouth

A hat-trick from Leon Best and a goal from the captain Gouweleeuw seal a very important win for The Cobblers. The win moves us into the play-offs (6th) but our recent inconsistant form has seen us fall a massive 12 points off automatic promotion.

Vlad Weiss is available for loan if anyone is interested (lowest division gets priority ;))

Made a loan offer. Would be great to have him here and would give us a major boost for our promotion ambition.

Cracking win tonight at the Brum.

Birmingham 1-4 Blackpool

A good ball was played to Florent Malouda and the frenchman finished well, Bad man Balotelli smashed it in from the edge of the box to level up, Malouda got a brace when he scored a second from a volley just after the break, Darren Fletcher scored a overhead kick straight after and made it 1-3 blackpool, Chu-Young Park scored a header to make it 1-4.

Smashing win ! :D

Only managed to get a draw against unmanaged relegation candidate Norwich last night.. Next game is against Arsenal away. After that match I might very well have slipped down in the relegation zone.

Still 10 games to go tho, I just need to find my form again :)

Made a loan offer. Would be great to have him here and would give us a major boost for our promotion ambition.[/center]

Accepted mate' date=' hope he helps you out ;)

in other City news.............

The offer for Mattia DESTRO of Genoa from Manchester City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Really like this kid and hope he can do this business in the future..... available for loan with the clubs in the low divisions taking priority

The offer for Matías SUAREZ of RSC Anderlecht from Manchester City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Been watched by Barca, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and Man United over the past few months B)

John Guidetti is looking for a loan move aswell.........usual rules apply ;)

The loan offer for Matías SUAREZ of Manchester City from Northampton Town has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.
The loan offer for Vladimír WEISS of Manchester City from Northampton Town has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.

Thanks alot Gary. Two 86's joining Northampton on loan is a massive boost for my promotion hopes. Both will make there debuts tomorrow against Crewe.

Northampton 2-1 Crewe

Northampton edged out winners in a very open game of football. Crewe took the lead in 16th minute through Ragusa. Weiss scored on his debut in the second half, but picked up an injury and will be out for 10 days. Gabriel Obertan scored the winner 15 minutes from time.

Stay 6th, but have gained 2 points on third place Port Vale. The gap is still a massive 10 points though. :(

Pawel Lisowski has joined Wrexham on loan. Hope he does well for you, and happy to get him off the wage bill for a bit :)

Ahhh :(

I lost 3-4 at home against Ipswich !

Drogba put me ahead, K.Richardson got two goals for the visitors, Darren Fletcher pulled us level at 2-2, Kranjcar put us in front at 3-2, S.Pepe pulled them back level before Mariga got them a late winner, 3-4 Millwall.

1 Derby County 33 31 68

2 BLACKPOOL 33 30 65

3 Millwall 33 24 63

4 Birmingham City 33 26 59

5 Nottingham Forest 33 16 59

6 Leeds United 33 12 53

Drop 2nd !

- - - -

Just to say, if i dont get up to the prem i might leave this set up, mainly because if i get promoted there will be a new challenge in the top flight, but now this set up has had lots of managers who have quit, We cant get another numbers to do a cup competition either, got a bit boring, but im going try stay commited until the end of the season at least.

Just to say' date=' if i dont get up to the prem i might leave this set up, mainly because if i get promoted there will be a new challenge in the top flight, but now this set up has had lots of managers who have quit, We cant get another numbers to do a cup competition either, got a bit boring, but im going try stay commited until the end of the season at least.[/quote']

Might be worth for a few of us to advertise? Theres still plenty of decent players and youths at externals. And there isnt going to be any more forum setups as we cant make 5 divisions anymore. I bet we can get a few people in.

Might be worth for a few of us to advertise? Theres still plenty of decent players and youths at externals. And there isnt going to be any more forum setups as we cant make 5 divisions anymore. I bet we can get a few people in.

Good point mate about the lack of future forum set up's.

I'm somebody who dosent like the 2 divisions tbh, My concerns are that half the forumers have probably been in this set up in the past and they might decide against making a return.

Good point mate about the lack of future forum set up's.

I'm somebody who dosent like the 2 divisions tbh' date=' My concerns are that half the forumers have probably been in this set up in the past and they might decide against making a return.[/quote']

Yeah the 2 divisions makes it too easy imo. Everyone can make a good squad without any work. Nothing like a good giv 4/5 challenge

Im gonna post in a few other forum setups tomorrow and see if anyone is interested. Even if it gets just a few people it will be better than nothing :)