CRYSTAL PALACE UPDATE

Crystal Palace 2 - 4 Northampton Town

Andre Carrillo (5)

Pontus Wernbloom (20)

Aaron Ramsey (47)

Carneiro Keirrison (48)

Pontus Wernbloom (63)

Pinheiro Kleber (84)

We got a taste of our own medicine this evening as we crashed 4-2 at home to Northampton. Possession aside (40/60), the game was pretty even but they had more in front of goal tonight. Well done MaoaM! A win tonight would have put us in a great position but with 28 games to go there's plenty of time to repair the damage.

Pos Team P GD Pts

1 Dagenham & Redbridge 18 34 44

2 Shorpe United 18 16 40

3 AFC Bournemouth 18 33 38

4 Colchester United 18 31 37

5 Rotherham United 18 28 36

6 CRYSTAL PALACE 18 35 35

7 Northampton Town 18 15 33

Transfer News

Eric LICHAJ has completed his move to Chivas USA from Crystal Palace for £2' date='343,200[/quote']

I saw Lichaj in the flesh while he was on loan at Leeds a season or two back. He looks a good prospect but has had some bad luck with injuries. Right now, it's easier for us to cash in on some players and add depth or improve on quality. I've got a couple of players lined up with the funds from Lichaj.

Re: English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread

679.png

CRYSTAL PALACE UPDATE

Crystal Palace 2 - 4 Northampton Town

Andre Carrillo (5)

Pontus Wernbloom (20)

Aaron Ramsey (47)

Carneiro Keirrison (48)

Pontus Wernbloom (63)

Pinheiro Kleber (84)

We got a taste of our own medicine this evening as we crashed 4-2 at home to Northampton. Possession aside (40/60)' date=' the game was pretty even but they had more in front of goal tonight. Well done MaoaM! A win tonight would have put us in a great position but with 28 games to go there's plenty of time to repair the damage.

[b']Transfer News[/b]

I saw Lichaj in the flesh while he was on loan at Leeds a season or two back. He looks a good prospect but has had some bad luck with injuries. Right now, it's easier for us to cash in on some players and add depth or improve on quality. I've got a couple of players lined up with the funds from Lichaj.

Good game mate. Didnt expect to win tbh :)

4 sides above me lost so its good to finally pull ourselves a bit closer to the play-offs.

BEN GETS WIN AT THE BRITANNIA !

Stoke City 0-2 Blackpool

Blackpools 18 year old from Monchengladbach Amin Younes tapped home to put the seasiders into the lead at Stoke, a few minutes later left back Cheikh M'Bengue finished from a yard out, that was enough to get the win against unmanaged stoke, 0-2 to the Stoke fan. :P

40% 60%

Total Shots

16 12

Shots On Target

6 7

Corners

6 4

Yellow Cards

0 2

Red Cards

0 0

We were a bit better an of course with them being unmanaged it give us a good opportunity of getting the points, glad we took it.

6 BLACKPOOL 14 3 23

Up to 6th, just a couple of points off 4th place.

We play Spurs next, will be a difficult game, I will be happy with a point but would love to get the three.

BLACKPOOL HAMMER SOLID SPURS AT BLOOMFIELD ROAD!

Blackpool 4-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Miguel Veloso smacked the ball past the despairing keeper to put Blackpool in front within two minutes of the game, Martin Skrtel skipped inside his marker and curled in a shot from 25 yards, using his skill Mario Balotelli got past the spurs defence and drives the ball past the keeper, Arjen Robben pulled one back for Spurs before half time from 15 yards, in the last few minutes of the game Andreas Beck scored an excellent header to finish off what was a brilliant night for Blackpool, 4-1.

Unlucky Joe, I honestly expected lose tonight against a side like yours, I think me playing that defensive against it helped. ;)

We stay in 6th as Arsenal won and Villa picked up a point.

Well played Ben' date=' good result for your side.

Fed up with the inconsistency of this lot. End of season clearout I think :rolleyes:[/quote']

Cheers mate, I was probably lucky, cant see that happening against you again in this game world.

Only 14 games played. ;)

Northampton 2-1 MK Dons

Early goals from Anichebe and Wermbloom put Nothampton 2-0 up against unmanaged MK Dons. Elton scored a late conselation for the Dons.

The win keeps us in 7th, but we move level on points with Crystal Palace in 6th after they drew tonight. Six point gap between the top 7 and the rest

679.png

CRYSTAL PALACE UPDATE

Port Vale 1 - 1 Crystal Palace

Stephan El Shaarawy (11)

Miguel Custodio (21)

Not really sure what to make of this one. We were down to ten men after 43 minutes and the stats are heavily in Vale's favour but it's one I thought we could win. It means we stay 6th and just hang in the play-off places on goal difference. Kleber got sent off so he misses the game against top of the table Dagenham & Redbridge in mid-week. I think we may find ourselves outside the play-off places after that one as we're severely lacking in strike power now.

Transfer wise, we've picked up a couple of young players to provide a bit of depth:

Julian KOCH has completed his move to Crystal Palace from Borussia Dortmund for £2,538,000
Lasse SOBIECH has completed his move to Crystal Palace from Borussia Dortmund for £1,190,000

To keep the wage bill low, we've returned Victor Wanyama back to Northampton. Thanks to them for bailing us out when I first joined.

After selling Baffo for £2.6 million, we have invested some of the cash into another promising CB.

The offer for Marco CAPUANO of Udinese from Northampton Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Started almost every game in Serie 'B' for Pescara. They got promoted to Serie A so should get a very nice rise from 75. :D

Welbeck and Martin score at Villa Park to take the Seasiders up to 4th !

Aston Villa 0-2 Blackpool

Rio Mavuba did well to find Danny Welbeck, the england striker managed to get a shot away and it went in off the post, four minutes after the goal Mario Balotelli crossed the ball towards the penalty spot and Marvin Martin got the ball down with his chest and striked it goalwards, Vincente Guaita was slightly out of position and the ball went past him, 0-2 Blackpool. :)

We go up to 4th, over Aston Villa who we beat today and above Arsenal who lost 3-0 at unmanaged Stoke.

Northampton 4-0 Exeter

A hat-trick from Suarez made it 3-0 before half-time. The Argentine then set up the fourth for Anichebe. Anichebe picked up a minor injury though.

Still 7th in the league on GD, but with 3 sides above me dropping points its a good week :)

We go up to 4th' date=' over Aston Villa who we beat today and above [b']Arsenal who lost 3-0 at unmanaged Stoke[/b].

Yep, what was that all about? Weird result indeed...

North London Derby next. Will be an interesting result I think as they seem to be turning their season around B)

Yep' date=' what was that all about? Weird result indeed...

North London Derby next. Will be an interesting result I think as they seem to be turning their season around B)[/quote']

Ballack just had a good game. ;)

Saying that I had one dodgey result last night, I lost 3-0 in a very inactive Spanish Championship against a unmanaged Real Betis side and Im Real Madrid, was the first time I lost all season after 21 games in the league but I guess it was a one off like your result.

Ballack just had a good game. ;)

Saying that I had one dodgey result last night' date=' I lost 3-0 in a very inactive Spanish Championship against a unmanaged Real Betis side and Im Real Madrid, was the first time I lost all season after 21 games in the league but I guess it was a one off like your result.[/quote']

Yes, every team loses but big defeats out of the blue are a bit strange. Never mind.

Your doing really well here again this season. Keep it up :)

I've always hated Ballack ;)

679.png

EAGLES TOPPLE LEAGUE LEADERS

Crystal Palace 3 - 1 Dagenham & Redbridge

Stephan El Shaarawy (7)

Aaron Ramsey (21)

Aykut Akgun (76)

Carlos Casemiro (85)

Great result for us last night as we beat top of the pile, Dagenham & Redbridge, by three goals to one. That win takes us up into 5th as Rotherham lost but there's not a lot in it from 1st to 7th right now. Very pleased with that after failing to win the last two matches.

A bit more activity on the transfer front for us this week:

The loan offer for Tom CLEVERLEY of Manchester City from Crystal Palace has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.

Cleverley will come in to provide cover in the centre of the park. His rating is on par with Casemiro's at 86 but Casemiro has been good in front of goal recently so Cleverley won't jump straight into the first team just yet.

Dos Santos JONATHAN has completed his move to Real Betis from Crystal Palace for £4,696,800.

Wasn't sure whether to sell Jonathan or not but decided to chance it to free up some cash to bring more players in.

David HOILETT has completed his move to Crystal Palace from Barcelona in a swap deal for Matt JARVIS.

I was really surprised that no one else went in for Hoilett after I placed my bid. Managed to steal him in a straight swap for Matt Jarvis. Both rated at 87 but but Hoilett is four years younger and can also play up front when needed. Now I just hope he makes the right move IRL and puts in some decent shifts to boost that rating!

One rating change too:

- Haritz Albisua - 72 -> 74

He doesn't seem to be all that so I may look to move him on now he's got a little bit of a value to him.

Yes' date=' every team loses but big defeats out of the blue are a bit strange. Never mind.

Your doing really well here again this season. Keep it up :)

I've always hated Ballack ;)[/quote']

Yeah that one was a strange result really.

Thanks a lot mate. ;)

An Im not much for him myself. :P

Hey all' date=' I'm Glory Days and I have taken over Wolves, with the looks of things, they have a dynamite team

Challenging for the title is necessary but if anyone is interested in doing deals, feel free to PM me or put in a bid[/quote']

Hello i am Manchester City :)

Insterested in a few players.

LATE BLACKPOOL GOAL SINKS NEWCASTLE

Blackpool 2-1 Newcastle

Alvaro Negredo placed his shot towards the bottom corner to get the seasiders their first goal in the game, Diego Godin scored a cracker from long range to get newcastle an equalizer, Blackpool midfielder Miguel Veloso got a straight red card for taking out Demba Ba from behind, two minutes from the end Cheikh M'Bengue brought the ball into the box and then smacked the ball down the middle, 2-1 Blackpool. :)

Move up to 3rd, great stuff so far.