English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread

Sky_Blue_Gould

Re: English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread

Blackpool 1-1 Sunderland

Alvaro Negredo powered his header into the back of the net after getting in front of his marker just before half time, Loic Remy scored a header for Sunderland in the second half of the game, 1-1 draw.

Seeing as they were top of the table I will take a point. :)

Bad result for Sunderland though as Gunzodans Arsenal have took over at the top now.

With this point we move up a place to 5th above Aston Villa who lost 1-4 at home tonight.

Blackpool 1-1 Sunderland

Alvaro Negredo powered his header into the back of the net after getting in front of his marker just before half time' date=' Loic Remy scored a header for Sunderland in the second half of the game, 1-1 draw.

Seeing as they were top of the table I will take a point. :)

Bad result for Sunderland though as Gunzodans Arsenal have took over at the top now.

With this point we move up a place to 5th above Aston Villa who lost 1-4 at home tonight.[/center']

Cheers Ben! That result was very helpful :)

I play City then Sunderland. Both very important matches for my chances of winning the title.

Northampton 2-0 AFC Bournemouth

Franco Di Santo and Matius Suarez get a very imporatant win against Bournemouth, who were top of the table before kick-off.

The win puts Northampton top of Division 3 for the first time this season :D Still unbelievable close, the top 4 still seperated by just 2 points!

After their result against AFC Bournemouth, Northampton Town are now unbeaten in 23 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

Back to 3 games a week now, I have recall Wanyama from his loan. Hopefully my depth can see us over the line and get promotion

after the disappointing match today coming from 1-0 down to 2-1 up then losing 3-2 to arsenal im gonna liquidate gamiero, i feel like QPR on the final day and gamiero feels like Carrol for liverpool :mad:

on a brighter note, Sebastian Haller is starting to find himself in the first team, was the super sub when i took over and earned his place and hasnt disappointed since.

Northampton 2-1 Barnsley

Northampton made 5 changes from the win on Saturday. Suarez opened the scoring in the first-half. Kiko doubled the lead with 10 minutes remaining. Barnsley scored a penalty in the 84th minute for a tense finish, but Northampton hold on for three valuable points.

Northampton stay in 1st.

The offer for Leandro DAMIAO of Internacional from Northampton Town has been accepted along with other club offers. Internacional will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Im pretty sure ive got him. I bidded Waris (82) + Prikryl (83) + £6.9 million. A huge ammount for me to spend, but Damiao will be a player for my team for many seasons.

Im pretty sure ive got him. I bidded Waris (82) + Prikryl (83) + £6.9 million. A huge ammount for me to spend' date=' but Damiao will be a player for my team for many seasons.[/quote']

Was going to bid for him but saw you were bidded so decided to let you have him. :)

Wigan 2-1 Blackpool

Mario Balotelli scored a header in the first half to give us a lead, Ribas Diego scored from a free kick just after half time for Wigan, Honorato Nilmar smashed his shot into the back of the net and got the winner in the second half of the game, 2-1 to them.

We stay in 5th place.

Balotelli has got concerns so hes going back to Arsenal so that hes playing with his parent club, Arsenal have kindly given us Neymar as a replacement, thanks a lot for giving us somebody else and cheers for the message in advance Marc. :)

Arsenal stay top after a tough match against City.

Play 2nd placed Sunderland next. With only 6 to play now it is a massive game.

I have put a load of players on the loan list including Ramsey, as they were at unmanaged club. Bid if you want. First come first served.

Northampton 3-1 Yeovil

Record signing Leandro Damaio made his debut for Northampton, and capped it with a goal and the MOM award. Velazquez and Di Santo had given Northampton a two goal lead before half-time. Damaios goal from the penalty spot made it 3-1.

Our chances of automatic promotion took a huge boost, with the teams in 3rd, 4th and 5th all dropping points. We stay top of the league, one points ahead of Dagenham.

Spurs beat Swansea

Sunderland beat Arsenal

Liverpoool draw with Forest.

So with 5 to play.....

1. Sunderland - 65 points

2. Arsenal - 63 points

3. SPURS - 60 points

4. Liverpool - 59 points

Tough game against Blackpool next, and we still have games against Arsenal and Man United, so it's not going to be easy for us.

Who wants that title then? :P

Northampton 5-1 Rochdale

Northampton edge closer to promotion with a thumping win over Rochdale. Carrillo opened the scoring in the 12th minute, Rochdale equalising a minute later with a penalty. An own goal from Kopic restored Northamptons lead. A brace from Di Santo made it 4-1, Teixeira added a fifth late on.

After their result against Rochdale, Northampton Town are now unbeaten in 26 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

Northampton stay top of the table, and with 3rd and 4th sides dropping points, we now have a 6 point lead in the automatic promotion places.

"We are very close to our goal, but we know we cant let our performance levels drop until we win this division. The boys have been on a magnificent run, I know we have the quality to go pass the finishing line".

Two bits of transfers relating my side. Aaron Ramsey has joined on loan from Arsenal (Thanks Gonzodan :)). Anichebe has also joined Watford for £6.2 million

Blackpool lost 0-2 at home against the Potters.

Pirlo and Van Bommel got their goals.

Drop to 6th.

Our last 5 games are against Spurs, Villa, Newcastle, Derby and the Welsh team, no easy games.

Tough game against Blackpool next' date=' and we still have games against Arsenal and Man United, so it's not going to be easy for us.

[/quote']

Havent won any of my last 3 games against Sunderland, Wigan and Stoke, might be a decent time for you to play me. :P

I wouldnt mind a repeat of that 4-1 win against you at Bloomfield. :P

Spurs beat Swansea

Sunderland beat Arsenal

Liverpoool draw with Forest.

So with 5 to play.....

1. Sunderland - 65 points

2. Arsenal - 63 points

3. SPURS - 60 points

4. Liverpool - 59 points

Tough game against Blackpool next' date=' and we still have games against Arsenal and Man United, so it's not going to be easy for us.

Who wants that title then? :P[/quote']

Sunderland will have it. ;)

Northampton 3-3 Oldham

Northampton threw away a two goal lead late on against Oldham. Di Santo and Damiao put the Cobblers 2-0 up. Heskey pulled a goal back for Oldham. Damiao scored his second penalty of the game to restore Northamptons to goal lead. Two goals in the last 8 minutes rescued a point for Oldham :(

Drop to second, but are still 6 points above third :)

After their result against Oldham Athletic, Northampton Town are now unbeaten in 27 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.