English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread

Northampton 6-1 Hull

Northampton finishing the season strongly after thrashing Hull in there own back yard. Six different scorers which were Diaby, Carrillo, Wilshere, Sanchez, Wermbloom and Gaitan.

1st Northampton - 87 Points

2nd Norwich - 87 Points

3rd Southampton - 84 Points

4th Preston - 83 Points

Northampton move to the top of the table with three games remaining. Just two wins away from the Premiership but its so close!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: EC8888, General Discussion Thread http://www2.macleans.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/really-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg' alt='really-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg'> I think this is more representative

Re: English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread Forest Green Rovers This should be interesting, small stadium, small budget but great potential Made a few signings for these sleeping giants. GK

Re: English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread First trophy of the season come's City's way ....................

Northampton are within touching distance of the Premier League after a hard 1-0 win over Dagenham. Coutinho scored the only goal of the game in the second half, and also won the MOTM award.

With third place Southampton drawing, it means that one point from the remaining two games will secure an automatic promotion for the Cobblers.

Our next game is against Second place Norwich, where victory will clinch the title.

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Arsenal

Done what we needed to do, but so did Liverpool.

So the Division 1 title goes down to the last game on Wednesday.

I need to better Liverpool's result (or catch up a 5 goal deficit) and I retain the title. Anything else, it's the runners up trophy.

We have to play Man City, while Liverpool play Man Utd.

B)

Northampton Division 2 Champions!!!!!!!!!

Northampton town have won division 2 and have been promoted to the Premiership after beating Norwich 1-0 this evening. Jack Wilshere scored the vital goal against Second place Norwich in the 85th minute, to send the away fans crazy.

It makes three successive promotions for the Cobblers, and the players and fans can now begin to dream of visiting Old Trafford, The Emirates, Anfield and the other top grounds in the Country.

I have to thank Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City for three players that I had on loan this season. There is no doubt that I wouldn't have won the league without Jack Wilshere (16 goals, 15 assists), Nicolas Gaitan (10 goals, 17 assists) and Ideye Brown (18 goals, 9 assists). I really appreciate the help from you guys. I have sent them back to the respected clubs just to save some wages on the last day (Hope no one minds, but im very tight with cash lol :P)

Looking forward to the next challenge. Deffinately need to improve this squad to have a chance in the Premiership though.

DIVISION 3 PLAYOFF FINAL

Leyton Orient 2-3 Crystal Palace

Palace previously went on a 5 game winning streak to see them into the playoffs. One of the victories being a 9-0 thumping of Yeovil. They defeated Darlington in the Semi Final to setup a meeting with the top team of the playoffs, Leyton Orient.

Palace have played 4-4-2 for most of the season but for this game the manager opted for a 4-3-3 Wingers formation.

Palace started the game well scoring from a Lanzini looping header after 7 mins. But Orient came back after Carlton Cole got on the end of a David Dunn cross, equalizing with a header.

Another headed goal from Hoilett in the 33rd min gives Palace back the lead. And they capitalized on that in the 2nd half when substitutes El Shaarawy and Bigas helped create a 3rd goal in the 76th min from an El Shaarawy cross and then a well placed shot from Bigas.

Palace got a scare 10 mins later when Orient got a goal back from a David Dunn freekick.

But Palace managed to hold Orient off to make sure they were playing Division 2 football next season.

DIVISION 3 PLAYOFF FINAL

Leyton Orient 2-3 Crystal Palace

Palace previously went on a 5 game winning streak to see them into the playoffs. One of the victories being a 9-0 thumping of Yeovil. They defeated Darlington in the Semi Final to setup a meeting with the top team of the playoffs' date=' Leyton Orient.

Palace have played 4-4-2 for most of the season but for this game the manager opted for a 4-3-3 Wingers formation.

Palace started the game well scoring from a Lanzini looping header after 7 mins. But Orient came back after Carlton Cole got on the end of a David Dunn cross, equalizing with a header.

Another headed goal from Hoilett in the 33rd min gives Palace back the lead. And they capitalized on that in the 2nd half when substitutes El Shaarawy and Bigas helped create a 3rd goal in the 76th min from an El Shaarawy cross and then a well placed shot from Bigas.

Palace got a scare 10 mins later when Orient got a goal back from a David Dunn freekick.

But Palace managed to hold Orient off to make sure they were playing Division 2 football next season.[/quote']

Congrats :)

Northampton Division 2 Champions!!!!!!!!!

Northampton town have won division 2 and have been promoted to the Premiership after beating Norwich 1-0 this evening. Jack Wilshere scored the vital goal against Second place Norwich in the 85th minute' date=' to send the away fans crazy.

It makes three successive promotions for the Cobblers, and the players and fans can now begin to dream of visiting Old Trafford, The Emirates, Anfield and the other top grounds in the Country.

I have to thank Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City for three players that I had on loan this season. There is no doubt that I wouldn't have won the league without Jack Wilshere (16 goals, 15 assists), Nicolas Gaitan (10 goals, 17 assists) and Ideye Brown (18 goals, 9 assists). I really appreciate the help from you guys. I have sent them back to the respected clubs just to save some wages on the last day (Hope no one minds, but im very tight with cash lol :P)

Looking forward to the next challenge. Deffinately need to improve this squad to have a chance in the Premiership though.[/center']

Well done mate! Hopefully will see you soon as Rotherham were promoted as Champions!

Rotherham - Division 3 Champions!

Season 4 Squad for Rotherhams Debut Championship Season

Ter Stegen

Anita (88) Campagnaro (90) Gamberini (89) Rausch (88)

Tiago (89)

Cazorla (92) Parejo (88)

Oscar (90)......................Rodriguez (88)

Saviola (89)

Subs: Lamprou (82), Maduro (88), Armand (88), Iturra (87), Bruma (86), Arslan (85), Micael (88)

Transfers In

Vurnon Anita (88) (Loan)

Jeffrey Bruma (86) (Loan)

Dani Parejo (88)

Cristian Rodriguez (88)

Paul Jose-Mpoku (78)

Federico Ceccherini (76)

Lourival Assis (76)

Andriy Tsurikov (75)

Dominique Heintz (75)

Sold some risers and some squad players. Sulley Muntari has gone in Parejo's deal.

Still got some money left, so will be buying some risers or may swap players if the right man comes along.

Northampton ready for huge challenge

Northampton Town manager Marc Spicer says his players are ready for the biggest challenge of the clubs history, and try and remain in the Premier League. The squad is not that much different to the side that won Division 2, however we have not been able to replace the players we have on loan in Wilshere, Gaitain and Brown.

The only new arrival so far is Illkay Gundogan, who was brought in exchange for Wermbloom and Peres. A stadium increase of 6,000 was built during the off season, which will help alot in the financial struggle.

"It has been difficult to lure some of the worlds best players to such a small club, but I will keep working hard to improve the squad. However this group of players has given me and the fans three successive promotions, so I have all the confidence in the world that they are ready for this massive challenge".

- Marc Spicer

The Cobblers debut in the league couldnt get much tougher, a trip to Stampford Bridge against Chelsea.

Baumann (88)

Fernandez (88) Garay (90)Sandro (89)

Sanchez (92) Coutinho (88) Gundogan (89) Diaby (89) Carrillo (87)

Jo (87) Daimaio (90)

Best of luck to everyone in this setup (Think its just Ryan and Dracolis) :)

Northampton Town have broken their transfer record by signing Stephan EL SHAARAWY from Crystal Palace for £11,000,000 plus Sercan SARARER

:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All my money is now gone lol, but to sign one of the hottest youngsters in the world is definately worth it.

Baumann (88)

Fernandez (88) Garay (90)Sandro (89)

Sanchez (92) Coutinho (88) Gundogan (89) Diaby (89) El Shaarawy (89)

Jo (87) Daimaio (90)

As for our opener in the Premier League, a very proud performance against star-studded Chelsea, but we just fall short losing 2-1. Doesnt get any easier tomorrow when we host Manchester City :P

:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All my money is now gone lol' date=' but to sign one of the hottest youngsters in the world is definately worth it.

[/center']

I finally decided to let him go. 2 teams from the top division were after him and he wanted to play top division football. At the same time I needed to get back in the black. I could have got much more money for him but I thought it was probably best to opt for less money and another player. In comes Sercan Sararer.

Buying from unmanaged clubs in EC8888

Just saw this deal taking shape today

Everton has made an undisclosed offer for Marco REUS of West Ham United.

I think this GW has deteriorated quite badly in recent months - and for unmanaged West Ham to lose their best player will ruin it further for any likely replacement manager.

It's impossible to enforce such a rule - it has to be voluntary - but the writing's on the wall for this GW unless it is restored or explained to new managers when they join.

No one does it in EC 7777 - hence its popularity with managers and longevity and stability.

Buying from unmanaged clubs in EC8888

Just saw this deal taking shape today

I think this GW has deteriorated quite badly in recent months - and for unmanaged West Ham to lose their best player will ruin it further for any likely replacement manager.

It's impossible to enforce such a rule - it has to be voluntary - but the writing's on the wall for this GW unless it is restored or explained to new managers when they join.

No one does it in EC 7777 - hence its popularity with managers and longevity and stability.

Its happend loads of times in this setup (Over 50 atleast). Usually I would have left long ago but I really like my Northampton side so I will stay for them for a while longer :)

I wont buy from unmanaged though either way. Despite the temptation :P

Its happend loads of times in this setup (Over 50 atleast). Usually I would have left long ago but I really like my Northampton side so I will stay for them for a while longer :)

I wont buy from unmanaged though either way. Despite the temptation :P

I feel exactly the same. I've loved my Rotherham from the first day and I still do now. The setup isn't brilliant, but I'm only staying for the team I've built up so far.

I've never bought from unmanaged in this setup and that won't change in the future. Although it is very annoying when others are gaining unfair advantages by buying from unmanaged.

Just taken over at West Ham. Decent squad in need of a little love. Trying to bring in a few players to increase depth first and foremost. Don't have anybody who can play RB at the moment :P

Looking to get some deals done internally too if anyones interested in any Hammers? Everyone can go for the right price. :)

Just taken over at West Ham. Decent squad in need of a little love. Trying to bring in a few players to increase depth first and foremost. Don't have anybody who can play RB at the moment :P

Looking to get some deals done internally too if anyones interested in any Hammers? Everyone can go for the right price. :)

Welcome :)

Im interested in Clichy but have very small funds. Anything at Northampton in p/e that would interest you?

Well, first load of transfer are done at West Ham, giving us much needed numbers!

In Come:

Carl Jenkinson

Lucas Anderson

Karim Rekic

Romain Amalfitano

Hal Robson-Kanu

Emmanuel Mayuka

Franco Di Santo

Cicero Jonathan

Not the most exciting glut of players but it takes us from 22 players to 30 which gives us much much needed depth. Will now be looking to get a few more adventurous deals done.

Gonna try and get Palace a 2nd promtion again this season. Didn't start to well, losing the first 2 games but have had a run of 5 wins in a row in the league since and brought in Shaun Wright-Phillips who I thought could follow in his father's footsteps at the club.

• 2 weeks later...

Northampton 2-0 Manchester United

Not posted for a while, but felt this result deserved one :) Northampton secure there biggest ever result, beating the mighty Manchester United, which included the likes of Messi, Xavi and Ibrahimovic. Northampton posses one of there own Barcelona players in Alexis Sanchez, and the Chile international scored both goals for the Cobblers.

We have adapted well to the Premiership, despite just having three players rated 90 or above. 13 points from nine games see us sitting in 10th, aswell as making it to Round 2 of the cup and shield :)