English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: EC8888, General Discussion Thread http://www2.macleans.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/really-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg' alt='really-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg'> I think this is more representative

Re: English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread Forest Green Rovers This should be interesting, small stadium, small budget but great potential Made a few signings for these sleeping giants. GK

Re: English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread First trophy of the season come's City's way ....................

Re: English Championship 8888 Discussion Thread

why would you play a left mid on the right :confused:

cracking teams JR and Dan ;)......I look forward to playing you this season :D

cheers bud

just checked the schedule first time i play you is on the 21st dec at old trafford' date=' couple 'o weeks off so hopefully by then english/italia reviews will be done

and degea and lichtsteiner get a bit of a bump.

[/font']

First team coming together very nicely

Amos 78

Picken 75 Cabral 83 Mulgrew 85 Skarz 76

Gomez 84 Eastmond 78 Ingreso 75 Pusic 77

Wesley 78 Kukharchuk 77

Average Rating : 79

Average Age : 22

Average Value : 2.3M

all in all not bad so far. Made a few offers for 6 players so hopefully i will have them all before the season start on 10th Dec

FINALLY MY STRIKER IS JOINING!!!!

The offer for Lukas PODOLSKI of 1. FC Koln from Bolton Wanderers has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Remember the name....he's strongly linked with Arsenal and surely will get a move away from Koln.He's 2nd in the top of goal-scorers in Bundesliga with 11 but got 5 assists too.My XI is complete now:

Handanovic(89)

Arbeloa(91)-Howedes(89)-Vertonghen(90)

Gustavo(89)

Muniain(88)-Herrera(88)-Pastore(90)-Valbuena(90)

Alexis Sanchez(91)-Podolski(90)

*Everybody U27 only Arbeloa is 28...or everybody U25 only 4 players from my team are Over 25...Arbeloa,Valbuena,Podolski and Handanovic but they're still U28.

still got three pretty decent prospect youth players availalbe if anyones interested

larnell cole wing/am 75

scott wooton 75 cb

oliver norwood 77 cm

(div 5 team or small div4 teams have the option of loan now pay later if upfront fees can't be reached at the moment aswell, as i know budgets ain't to big down that end of the leagues)

first two out these three can go straight off gotta keep one back for a few days while i cover the 21 thingy on incoming deals

The loan offer for John BOSTOCK of Tottenham Hotspur from Bristol Rovers has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.

Cheers Joe, appreciate the loan mate. My midfield is looking very healthy and has got good depth for these 3 game weeks :)

Guest <klhepworth.

still got three pretty decent prospect youth players availalbe if anyones interested

larnell cole wing/am 75

scott wooton 75 cb

oliver norwood 77 cm

(div 5 team or small div4 teams have the option of loan now pay later if upfront fees can't be reached at the moment aswell' date=' as i know budgets ain't to big down that end of the leagues)

first two out these three can go straight off gotta keep one back for a few days while i cover the 21 thingy on incoming deals

[/font']

I think I can take Cole now mate:)

Brighton announce 2 big signings in the form of Xherdan Shaqiri (88) and Rhodolfo (86). Shaqiri is a top young player with bags of potential, and he's versatile! Gave Vicente and Tommy Elphick + a wee bit of cash. Rhodolfo is Sao Paulo's star CB and is linked with a move to Juve in January, which will improve his prospects.

Larnell Cole looks set to join also.

Had a bid accepted on Alvaro Vasquez, but so have Bristol City and Peterborough, so should be a close one.

The offer for John VERHOEK of Rennes from Stockport County has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Solid 81 who will do for 10 weeks him and Cani(81) will rip up division five!

Team is now complete:

Stephan(78)

Schulze(75) Vestergaard(76) Bernardo(75) Stafylidis(75)

Stoian(75)

Mayada(76) Tassi(75) Musona(78)

Cani(81) Verhoek(81)

Dorill(60)

MacEachen(75) Cheminva(75) Lees(74) Dalmau(75)

Kiss(74)

Jennings(75) Morrision(75) Ibini-Isie(73)

Nimely(75) Ciofani(74)

Reserves include:

Erb(73)

Ne.gro(72)

chamberlain(70)

Stoyanov(70)

Jony(70)

Virgili(65)

Chamberlain will take Ibini-Iseis place once he rises. Tom lees is on a season long loan and Morrision will join once funds come available! Delighted with this squad and think we have a great shot at promotion this season :)

I need some opinions on these , I got two bids accepted on two players and I wanna know who you people thing will get the players :

First player : Giampaolo Pazzini

My offer : 4.5 Million + Saha + Hahnemann

Mikey's offer : 2.5 Million + Schmeichel + Nugent

Second players : Ferreira Pepe

My offer : Heitinga + 8.4 Million

Arsenal's offer : Sagna + 700k

Solid 81 who will do for 10 weeks him and Cani(81) will rip up division five!

Team is now complete:

Stephan(78)

Schulze(75) Vestergaard(76) Bernardo(75) Stafylidis(75)

Stoian(75)

Mayada(76) Tassi(75) Musona(78)

Cani(81) Verhoek(81)

Dorill(60)

MacEachen(75) Cheminva(75) Lees(74) Dalmau(75)

Kiss(74)

Jennings(75) Morrision(75) Ibini-Isie(73)

Nimely(75) Ciofani(74)

Reserves include:

Erb(73)

Ne.gro(72)

chamberlain(70)

Stoyanov(70)

Jony(70)

Virgili(65)

Chamberlain will take Ibini-Iseis place once he rises. Tom lees is on a season long loan and Morrision will join once funds come available! Delighted with this squad and think we have a great shot at promotion this season :)

Good team mate for a division 5 :)

New signing to announce at Chelsea, Franck Ribéry in exchange for Mikel, Alex and 5.2m. Not a bad Plan B to missing out on Muller yesterday, and is cheaper than my bid for Muller was so it's worked out quite well for us.

Still planning a couple more signings which I think will bring our squad size down to 21 including the 6 guys in the Youth Team so may not be in a position to loan anyone else out. Will be bringing squad numbers up once I've got the first team signings out of the way, but may not be sending anyone else out on loan for a few days.

My offer for Pepe was only a couple of mill over P/E CV I think. I would have bid more actually but have run out of money.

I would say I got him ' date=' as I said , Heitinga worth around 16 Million and plus that massive sum of 8 Million , I would think it's enough !

Pazzini is going to be very close, my bid was worth 14.501m, Mario's was worth 14.'something'. :D

A bit cheeky there .. haha ! I HONESTLY can't remember what it was exactly :P

I hope it was just higher than yours , but who would refuse a move to Everton for a team like Leicester !

New signing to announce at Chelsea' date=' [b']Franck Ribéry[/b] in exchange for Mikel, Alex and 5.2m. Not a bad Plan B to missing out on Muller yesterday, and is cheaper than my bid for Muller was so it's worked out quite well for us.

Still planning a couple more signings which I think will bring our squad size down to 21 including the 6 guys in the Youth Team so may not be in a position to loan anyone else out. Will be bringing squad numbers up once I've got the first team signings out of the way, but may not be sending anyone else out on loan for a few days.

yeah pretty much the same with me on sneijder i got him for cheaper than what i would of got busquets for(if id of beaten your bid on him which i'd of doubted as iwas like 3milover p/e c.v)

some real nice teams starting to form already looks like this seasons gonna be wide open really no real runaways at the moment although after review i think man city's team is going to be a hell of a lot better ratings wise(not that it isn't already well good)

A bit cheeky there .. haha ! I HONESTLY can't remember what it was exactly :P

I hope it was just higher than yours ' date=' but who would refuse a move to Everton for a team like Leicester ![/quote']

Well I'm sure Giampaolo is intelligent enough to know a team on the up when he sees one, and a team on the down. ;)

And why would he turn down the oppurtunity to play alongside a striker like Moussa Sow, with service from Gotze, Thiago and Douglas Costa, to play with your rag-tag bunch of rejects? :P

One more player signs for Colchester, another 3 on the way.

Pedro BIGAS has completed his move to Colchester United from Mallorca for £300,000 plus Andy BOND . All other offers were turned down.

Been playing regularly for Mallorca, should get a decent rise from 78 in the Spanish changes.

The offer for Sastre PERE of Villarreal from Colchester United has been accepted along with other club offers. Villarreal will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Bid 26k more than Bristol rovers so he'll be joining Colchester. Regular at Villarreal B so should get a rise in the Spanish changes.

The offer for Alejandro ARRIBAS of Rayo Vallecano from Colchester United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Unchallenged. Brighton had interest but no bid was forthcoming. Will slot nicely into my starting defence, and will hopefully hit 85.

The offer for Aleksandar IGNJOVSKI of Werder Bremen from Colchester United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Unchallenged, and not even any interest! Really happy with this signing, young, talented player, playing regularly for Bremen. Will definitely rise +2, hopefully +3.

Apart from a couple of 10k players, I have used all of the starting Colchester team in part exchanges now, and will have just over £1m left in the bank when the transfers go through. So my team building is very nearly done. :)

Arsenal News

A couple more players in to beef up the squad a bit and get rid of the dropping Andrei Arshavin etc.

The offer for Diego GODÍN of Atlético Madrid from Arsenal has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.
The offer for Stevan JOVETIC of Fiorentina from Arsenal has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

This gives me a line-up looking along the lines of this:

Szczesny 87

Sagna (92) Vermaelen (91) Marcelo (92)

Neymar (90) Jovetic (90) Fabregas (95) Vidal (91) Gervinho (90)

Pato (92) Van Persie (93)

Subs:

Arteta (90)

Godin (90)

Walcott (90)

Rodriguez (89)

Wilshere (89)

I hope I've done the right thing here. I've found it quite hard to get the right balance. I hope I've got rid of the droppers and brought in some nice young rising players.

Constructive (or otherwise) criticism will be welcomed! :)

Sascha BURCHERT has completed his move to Mansfield Town from Hertha BSC for £480,000
Julian KORB has completed his move to Mansfield Town from Borussia Mönchengladbach for £390,000
Janek STERNBERG has completed his move to Mansfield Town from Hamburger SV for £390,000
The offer for Andrea DE VITO of Milan from Mansfield Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.
The offer for Matteo LIVIERO of Juventus from Mansfield Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.
The offer for Jiménez XIMO of Mallorca from Mansfield Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Some of these lads have a small chance of rising, but I mainly brought them in because their young, playing for top teams and their value more than triples, in some cases :)

Starting XI is now -

Burchert (76)

Ximo (75) - Liviero (75) - Sternberg (75) - De Vito (75)

? - Korb (75)

Ephraim (82) - Malli (75) - Biraghi (75)

Baxter (75)

Going to be bringing in a new DM in the next few days!

The offer for Ruben LIGEON of Ajax from Manchester City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Dutch U19 international getting game time at Ajax.......When Van Der Weil finally leaves it looks like he is earmarked to take his place as he is very highly thought of by the Ajax youth and first team coaches.

available for loan to the first Div 4/5 club that comes a knocking ;)