Sign in to follow this  
Guest Blitzkrieg

Eden Hazard vs. Angel Di Maria (VOTE!)

Eden Hazard vs. Angel Di Maria (VOTE!)  

1. 1.

Re: Eden Hazard vs. Angel Di Maria (VOTE!)

BTW' date=' enlighten me: what has Di Maria won?[/quote']

Here is what Di Maria has won.

Copa del Rey: 2011

Portuguese Liga: 2009/10

Portuguese League Cup: 2008/09, 2009/10

Olympic Gold Medal: 2008- scored the winner

Under-20 World Championship: 2007

Best Player of the Portuguese Liga: 2009/10

Career so far:

Rosario Central (2005-2007)

Benfica (2007-2010)

Real Madrid (2010-present)

Guest Blitzkrieg

Here is what Di Maria has won.

Copa del Rey: 2011

Portuguese Liga: 2009/10

Portuguese League Cup: 2008/09' date=' 2009/10

Olympic Gold Medal: 2008- scored the winner

Under-20 World Championship: 2007

Best Player of the Portuguese Liga: 2009/10

Career so far:

Rosario Central (2005-2007)

Benfica (2007-2010)

Real Madrid (2010-present)[/quote']

Exactly what I meant!

He won exactly the same Hazard did, in a league that was inferior to France at the time he won there.

The only things he did win that Hazard hasn't is an Olympic Gold medal, which Hazard couldn't have won as he was only 17 last time the olympic games were held and a Copa Del Rey, whilst playing 3 seasons more than Hazard has. Great resumé, but nothing that puts Hazard in worse light.

Also, Hazard plays for belgium. This doesn't make him any better or worse personally, but team silverwear is almost a certain no go for him with the national team.

I'm still struggling to see why you created this vote/thread!? It would have been better for you to have created a thread called 'I believe Hazard is world class, all of those who agree with me please make themselves known'

Guest Blitzkrieg

I'm still struggling to see why you created this vote/thread!? It would have been better for you to have created a thread called 'I believe Hazard is world class' date=' all of those who agree with me please make themselves known'[/quote']

I'm still struggling to see the point of this post. Read through the thread before commenting fgs! I made this as Grim asked me to do it. He was dead sure almost ANYBODY would say Hazard, which clearly isn't the case seeing the poll.

Exactly what I meant!

He won exactly the same Hazard did' date=' in a league that was inferior to France at the time he won there.

The only things he did win that Hazard hasn't is an Olympic Gold medal, which Hazard couldn't have won as he was only 17 last time the olympic games were held and a Copa Del Rey, whilst playing 3 seasons more than Hazard has. Great resumé, but nothing that puts Hazard in worse light.

Also, Hazard plays for belgium. This doesn't make him any better or worse personally, but team silverwear is almost a certain no go for him with the national team.[/quote']

You asked what he won that is all.

And as for your praise article I could rattle up a few for praise for Di Maria from the likes of Maradona -One of the true great s but that means Jack chit really.

Here are the facts :

Di Maria plays in a better league than Hazard

Di Maria plays at a higher level than Hazard

Hazard may prove to be the better player but he needs to play at a higher level to prove this.

And it was on this basis that I chose Di Maria over Hazard.

It is quite simple logic.

Guest Blitzkrieg

You asked what he won that is all.

And as for your praise article I could rattle up a few for praise for Di Maria from the likes of Maradona -One of the true great s but that means Jack chit really.

Here are the facts :

Hazard may prove to be the better player but he needs to play at a higher level to prove this.

And it was on this basis that I chose Di Maria over Hazard.

It is quite simple logic.

I understand why you chose Di Maria. But it's like I said a few posts ago:

You chose Real over Lille. Simples. Better league, higher level.

If you both see regularly you see Hazard is better, despite playing for a worse team.

I have a feeling that all who say Hazard has to prove himself would be bad scouts. A clearer case of world class not playing for a big team ain't around.

I'm still struggling to see the point of this post. Read through the thread before commenting fgs! I made this as Grim asked me to do it. He was dead sure almost ANYBODY would say Hazard' date=' which clearly isn't the case seeing the poll.[/quote']

So you've created it because you were asked to!? And yet you seem to appear so passionate about putting across your feelings regarding Hazard?

Guest Blitzkrieg

So you've created it because you were asked to!? And yet you seem to appear so passionate about putting across your feelings regarding Hazard?

Yes, scroll through the thread and see this. This discussion started in another thread (Hazard vs. Sanchez) and to not clogg things up, Grim said I had to create this and I would see that anyone would chose Di Maria.

I very strongly believe Hazard is miles better than Hazard, so I accepted this little challenge and I haven't seen any remotely good arguments pro Di Maria to tell me otherwise.

PS: I already know Real > Lille. This is not an argument.

I understand why you chose Di Maria. But it's like I said a few posts ago:

You chose Real over Lille. Simples. Better league' date=' higher level.

If you both see regularly you see Hazard is better, despite playing for a worse team.

I have a feeling that all who say Hazard has to prove himself would be bad scouts. A clearer case of world class not playing for a big team ain't around.[/quote']

Sometimes when a player is playing with team mates who are not really that good it can make a player look better than he actually is.

I have no doubt that Hazard is a good player but can he hack it at a higher level ? We will not know that unless he makes the step up.

Guest Blitzkrieg

Sometimes when a player is playing with team mates who are not really that good it can make a player look better than he actually is.

I have no doubt that Hazard is a good player but can he hack it at a higher level ? We will not know that unless he makes the step up.

In fully agree that sometimes players look better due to them being much better than their teammates. It's just that people like Grim are saying that Di Maria is better. The comparison is easy. Hazard does look good at Lille' date=' but that's because he is clear greatness, not because of Lille's slightly less good players.

[b']I really don't get how anyone that claims to have seen Hazard numerous times could ever say he is anything less than supreme.[/b] And if one hasn't seen him much, well what the heck is one voting than?

Also, you can't just say anything looks better due to a lower level of league. Goals and assists like Hazard produces on weekly basis say more than my words could ever do.

Here are the facts :

Here are the facts:

Hazard is a better player than Di Maria.

Hazard beat Di Maria in this poll.

Opinions are not facts.

Here are the facts:

Hazard is a better player than Di Maria.

Hazard beat Di Maria in this poll.

Opinions are not facts.

The bolded is an opinion quite clearly shown by Di Maria having some votes.

I wouldn't like to say either are better as I mentioned earlier. For all his talent, Hazard may fail to produce where it counts. For SM purposes at least, I doubt he can rise much, if any, further at Lille. Plenty of players in the past have been held in extremely high regard only to flop at the highest levels. I'm not saying Hazard will flop (far from it!), I'm saying he could.

Di Maria has already moved to said bigger club and is performing very well. I think it's a pretty poor argument to say Di Maria's terrible etc. when his performances and tangible contributions to Real have been rather excellent.

I don't want to say who his better because at the moment the two aren't comparable because the teams they play for are incomparable. A better solution would be comparing Benfica vs Lille where the players' achievements are startlingly similar (both have one league title and Di Maria two domestic cups to Hazard's one).

With my mod hat on, I'd advise people to argue the point rather than the person and to avoid swearing (starred out words and those which have been altered to bypass the filter) and insulting people as it's fine for people to have different opinions. That's not to say that discussion should be discouraged, as that's what makes the forum work.

Guest Blitzkrieg

The bolded is an opinion quite clearly shown by Di Maria having some votes.

I wouldn't like to say either are better as I mentioned earlier. For all his talent' date=' Hazard may fail to produce where it counts. For SM purposes at least, I doubt he can rise much, if any, further at Lille. Plenty of players in the past have been held in extremely high regard only to flop at the highest levels. I'm not saying Hazard will flop (far from it!), I'm saying he could.

Di Maria has already moved to said bigger club and is performing very well. I think it's a pretty poor argument to say Di Maria's terrible etc. when his performances and tangible contributions to Real have been rather excellent.

I don't want to say who his better because at the moment the two aren't comparable because the teams they play for are incomparable. [b']A better solution would be comparing Benfica vs Lille[/b] where the players' achievements are startlingly similar (both have one league title and Di Maria two domestic cups to Hazard's one).

With my mod hat on, I'd advise people to argue the point rather than the person and to avoid swearing (starred out words and those which have been altered to bypass the filter) and insulting people as it's fine for people to have different opinions. That's not to say that discussion should be discouraged, as that's what makes the forum work.

Perfectly right that last part, I apologise for using foul language.

The part in bold I do not agree with.

At the time, Benfica were in a two horse league with Porto.

Hazard made Lille champions and cup winners for the first time in 63 years, whilst there were atleast 2 teams FAR better on paper than Lille (Lyon and Marseille), with atleast 4 teams level with Lille.

Also, normally I wouldn't argue over the fact that when he moves he might not succeed. But with hazard it's so painfully clear he will.

Best player ever since Messi rose to stardom imo.

At the time' date=' Benfica were in a two horse league with Porto.

Hazard made Lille champions and cup winners for the first time in 63 years, whilst there were atleast 2 teams FAR better on paper than Lille (Lyon and Marseille), with atleast 4 teams level with Lille.[/quote']

Both were the champions of similarly rated (officially at least) leagues without reading too much into it (as I doubt SM do). Besides, prior to 09/10, Benfica had won the league just once in 15 seasons with Porto winning the previous four.

Also' date=' normally I wouldn't argue over the fact that when he moves he might not succeed. But with hazard it's so painfully clear he will.

Best player ever since Messi rose to stardom imo.[/quote']

Both of these are opinions which no matter how much I argue to the contrary you will still believe.

I stand by my point that currently the two are incomparable as they are at different stages in their career. Kinda like comparing Neymar and Chicharito/Balotelli, without wishing to start another debate ;)

When did someone ever put in stone that a world class player is someone who must play at EC's and WC's? So Ryan Giggs wasn't world class? George Weah? This list would be endless. I even told you why Hazard hasn't been to a WC or EC yet. Plus, the lad is 20 years old . He could only ever been qualify for one tournament. You are so ignorant that it pains me.

Ryan Giggs actually played for Wales in the European Qualifying stages. As people have mentioned, there are different interpretations of the term 'world class'. My interpretation suggests that Hazard is not world class, however this is just my interpretation.. and funnily enough, looking at this thread a few others are on the same page as me. It's my opinion, and you do not have the capabilities of changing that.

No, not at all. Statistics aren't seen over the bluk of things, you assess every single game. Besides, I haven't seen you give one insight statistic on Di Maria.

As I said, sirmarkhughes has provided you with all the stats from this season. Do you want me to post them again? Also you mentioned Hazard getting 26 assists? Yet, I have no link - 2nd time asking :rolleyes:

Please do, and be sure to mention I made that comment. I'm laughing my a$$ off that you use that comment for the fifth time in five posts, while I said four times already I stand by it. You $uck at debating.

tbh I should use it again, because thats how idiotic it is..

Yes, scroll through the thread and see this. This discussion started in another thread (Hazard vs. Sanchez) and to not clogg things up, Grim said I had to create this and I would see that anyone would chose Di Maria.

Quote me to where I said this? All I said was start a poll, I didn't say everyone would choose Di Maria, but a few people would - meaning I'm not the only one. Stop making stuff up.

@Grim: I ask you politely to either adress everything I asked in all my posts (which should take you an hour) or simple don't try and save anything what's left of you having a good debate. You are such a loser. Probably a kid as well.

and this is where I will stop replying to you. Everyone is giving you the benefit of the doubt and saying Hazard maybe better than Di Maria, just let him prove this in a tougher league. For example - Hazard plays well and excels for Inter Milan, then you could easily say Hazard is better than Di Maria. But as things stand, Di Maria > Hazard.

Bold bit - Oh, nice cheap shot there. If I were to give my opinion on you - then your probably just an old man who winks at Hazard every time he appears on TV :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's my opinion and few others seem to think on the same line.

Guest drseanfitz

Ok lads, enough really is enough. If I have to edit another post the thread will be closed. Got better things to do than editing your posts

Ryan Giggs actually played for Wales in the Euro's. As people have mentioned' date=' there are different interpretations of the term 'world class'. My interpretation suggests that Hazard is not world class, however this is just my interpretation.. and funnily enough, looking at this thread a few others are on the same page as me. It's my opinion, and you do not have the capabilities of changing that.

[/quote']

Just thought I would let you know Giggs has never played in a major international competition.

Guest Blitzkrieg

Ryan Giggs actually played for Wales in the European Qualifying stages. As people have mentioned' date=' there are different interpretations of the term 'world class'. My interpretation suggests that Hazard is not world class, however this is just my interpretation.. and funnily enough, looking at this thread a few others are on the same page as me. It's my opinion, and you do not have the capabilities of changing that.

[b']No, Giggs most certainly did not reach a tournament with Wales. And if you wanted to say that he played in a qualifier, than you made a mistake earlier by asking if Hazard made an EC or WC. More over, what is your response to George Weah, David Ginola, Mark Hughes, Valentino Mazzola, Eric Cantona, Laszlo Kubala, George Best, Alfredo Di Stefano. The list goes on! I ask you with an urge to respond to this and tell me that you still believe world class players (by any understanding of the word) must play at a WC.[/b]

As I said, sirmarkhughes has provided you with all the stats from this season. Do you want me to post them again? Also you mentioned Hazard getting 26 assists? Yet, I have no link - 2nd time asking :rolleyes:

I will provide you the link after I posted this post. Again, it's in Dutch though.

By the way: you are very lucky sirmarkhughes posted the stats here, as I never saw any stats from you either, as apposed to the accuracy and possession stats I gave on Di Maria. 4th time asking :rolleyes:

My link from Sporza doesn't seem to be able to load to 2010-2011 anymore. I remember he scored 7 in the league with 19 assists and 6 in the cup with 4 assists, which brings me to "only" 23 assists. I could have been wrong and added 3 assists. I will search for this after a little badroom break. Still, 13 and 23 is equally impressive as 13 and 26.

tbh I should use it again, because thats how idiotic it is..

It's not idiotic, it's my opinion versus your opinion. I find it rather idiotic to focus on one point out of many in a try to win an argument. It speaks volume over the fact that you can't reply to anything else.

Quote me to where I said this? All I said was start a poll, I didn't say everyone would choose Di Maria, but a few people would - meaning I'm not the only one. Stop making stuff up.

I redirect everyone to the Hazard versus Sanchez thread, which should be on this page or the next in the "Individual Players" section. You said anyone with a brain would chose Di Maria. Everybody has a brain, therefore, you said anyone would chose Di Maria. Simples. Remains the fact that you chose to ask me to do this and with a poll. BTW, you are losing pretty bad in the poll, never heard you say anything about that poll ever since Di Maria is behind.

and this is where I will stop replying to you. Everyone is giving you the benefit of the doubt and saying Hazard maybe better than Di Maria, just let him prove this in a tougher league. For example - Hazard plays well and excels for Inter Milan, then you could easily say Hazard is better than Di Maria. But as things stand, Di Maria > Hazard.

This is not true. If everybody was giving the benefit of the doubt to Hazard, there would be far less votes for Di Maria, and even less posters for him. The bulk votes Hazard, but doesn't post, and that's why I feel an urge to correct or defend. Also, as things stand Hazard > Di Maria. In the future this will be Hazard >>>>> Di Maria.

Bold bit - Oh, nice cheap shot there. If I were to give my opinion on you - then your probably just an old man who winks at Hazard every time he appears on TV :rolleyes:

Might be a cheap shot, but calling me an idiot six times because I have an opinion in order to swing the public opinion in your corner is childish and tells us something about how wel prepared you are to have a debate over a player you don't know. BTW, I'm 24, so hardly an old man.

Anyway, it's my opinion and few others seem to think on the same line.

First true thing you write in 2 days.

Answers in bold.

Guest Blitzkrieg

wth how can hazard be better than di maria. this is ridiculous:p

Thank you for your intruiging post. Makes one think really.

Answers in bold.

Hazard only got 19 assists last season in all competitions according to this:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/eden-hazard/leistungsdaten/spieler_50202.html

IMO I believe at this current moment Di Maria is a better player however I think Hazard has the potential to be better than him, maybe in a year or two.

Guest Blitzkrieg

Hazard only got 19 assists last season in all competitions according to this:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/eden-hazard/leistungsdaten/spieler_50202.html

IMO I believe at this current moment Di Maria is a better player however I think Hazard has the potential to be better than him' date=' maybe in a year or two.[/quote']

Correct, I also found my link back.

EDIT: found the missing assists. It seems as Transmarkt is very harsh on assists, as they counted 2 goals for Sow which were clear assists for Hazard as just goals due to an individual action.

Will upload the video with the assist so you can all see it was an assist instead of Sow's action, if I find if off course.

EDIT 2: They also forgot to credit Hazard with no less than 3 assists in de Coupe De France, so he might get to 26 anyway!