Sign in to follow this  
Guest Blitzkrieg

Eden Hazard vs. Angel Di Maria (VOTE!)

Eden Hazard vs. Angel Di Maria (VOTE!)  

1. 1.

Re: Eden Hazard vs. Angel Di Maria (VOTE!)

I don't think many can be mentioned alongside Messi. And then would you class Casillas as world class given that the two are so hard to compare.

I personally have a squad of around 23 who I would say are world class.

Point is some might say Hazard and Di Maria are both world class' date=' some may say one is and not the other and others will say neither are world class and it's not necessarily due to having different opinions on the player, more different opinions on the term :) Hence it really winds me up when people use it to try and win arguments :P[/quote']

I would class Casillas as world class yes he is a very different player (obviously) but when you think of the best goalie in the world for the past 5 years or so it has been Casillas by a long way *until now when Neur is pushing into the frame*.

I am sure the squad of 23 you consider world class are probably very similar to a top 23 squad I would offer up the only difference would be when the world class cut off point would be tbh :P.

I understand what you mean about not using the way you define something as a means to win an argument I was just trying to use an example of how I would class players by ability for example Messi etc are clearly all better then Di Maria so I do not class him in the same way i.e. I dont class him as world class. Im just trying to show there is an obvious gap between the players ability wise which is why I defined them differently it wasnt to win an argument just to emphasise the gap between those players.

And I genuinely apologise (and I mean genuinely not in a sarcastic manner that many may use) if I have wound you up or annoyed you my only intention was to show that as good as Di Maria is he is not in the same league as the very best in the world.

the only difference would be when the world class cut off point would be tbh :P

That's the point I was attempting to make :)

I understand what you mean about not using the way you define something as a means to win an argument I was just trying to use an example of how I would class players by ability for example Messi etc are clearly all better then Di Maria so I do not class him in the same way i.e. I dont class him as world class. Im just trying to show there is an obvious gap between the players ability wise which is why I defined them differently it wasnt to win an argument just to emphasise the gap between those players.

I think Messi is also better than Hazard so using him as a benchmark to compare the two would be silly' date=' no?

It's as if I said "I am tall", and asked a big group of people how tall I was empirically. If you asked a good mix of people, I reckon you'd get a relatively large variation of responses :)

And I genuinely apologise (and I mean genuinely not in a sarcastic manner that many may use) if I have wound you up or annoyed you my only intention was to show that as good as Di Maria is he is not in the same league as the very best in the world.

Oh, no worry! It's a pet hate more than anything which several people are guilty of including several who I think generally post good arguments :P

I think Messi is also better than Hazard so using him as a benchmark to compare the two would be silly' date=' no?

It's as if I said "I am tall", and asked a big group of people how tall I was empirically. If you asked a good mix of people, I reckon you'd get a relatively large variation of responses :)[/quote']

I was more pointing towards the fact someone said Di Maria was the best winger in the world and thats simply not the case and that it would be ludicrous to be saying that as it would then put him in the same bracket as the best players in the world which I do not agree with at all. My point was that while hes a very talented winger he's not the best and not near the best but that is no insult to his talent as you know. I was just trying to put some perspective in for people who thought he was the best. As Ronaldo as a winger is far better Messi as a Winger is far better Iniesta as a winger is far better and these arent even there starting posistions. My point is that Di Maria cant be the best winger in the world as someone stated cos players like Messi and Ronaldo do 10X better jobs when played in the same posistion which they do. So he cannot be the best as he is nowhere near the level of those players.

So' date=' basically, we have our very own definitions of what a winger is or should be, therefore making this debate pretty much useless. However, even if I were to pick your definition of a winger, you are incorrect by saying Di Maria is the best winger in the world. He is not nearly close enough to players like Ribery, Robben or Nani to be considered in their league. Not to mention CR7. [b']And all 4 you agreed were wingers as well...[/b]

The players i said were natural wingers we're only Navas, Di Maria and Ribery, not Robben or Ronaldo, BTW i only said Muller is naturally an AM because that is his usual position for Bayern, and even if he does play out wide he spends most of his time cutting in, i've already said why i would choose Di Maria out the three, there's no doubt he's a better winger than Navas imo, Nani and Ribery come close but i'd still take Di Maria because of his consistency, but i agree with you that Pedro is better fit for Barca than for example Di Maria, so for different systems different types of players are required, Madrid play a more direct style with a CF so Di Maria fits their system better. :)

Guest Blitzkrieg

The players i said were natural wingers we're only Navas' date=' Di Maria and Ribery, not Robben or Ronaldo, BTW i only said Muller is naturally an AM because that is his usual position for Bayern, and even if he does play out wide he spends most of his time cutting in, i've already said why i would choose Di Maria out the three, there's no doubt he's a better winger than Navas imo, Nani and Ribery come close but i'd still take Di Maria because of his consistency, but i agree with you that Pedro is better fit for Barca than for example Di Maria, so for different systems different types of players are required, Madrid play a more direct style with a CF so Di Maria fits their system better. :)[/quote']

Di Maria better than Ribery or Nani??? And I get slated for stating that Hazard is equal to Alonso... This is where our opinions get stuck, I don't believe Di Maria is near Ribery for instance.

Di Maria better than Ribery or Nani??? And I get slated for stating that Hazard is equal to Alonso... This is where our opinions get stuck' date=' I don't believe Di Maria is near Ribery for instance.[/quote']

Why are you surprised though? Your'e comparing 1. two completely different types of players 2. Xabi Alonso is World Class player in his position, Hazard is a fantastic player, but not yet World Class.

I've seen Ribery a lot, Di Maria is a much more complete and consistent player, even Muller for instance is more important to Bayern than Ribery imo.

Why are you surprised though? Your'e comparing 1. two completely different types of players 2. Xabi Alonso is World Class player in his position' date=' Hazard is a fantastic player, but not yet World Class.

I've seen Ribery a lot, Di Maria is a much more complete and consistent player, even Muller for instance is more important to Bayern than Ribery imo.[/quote']

totally agrees with this. ribery already pass his prime and is no where near the standard of di maria now. as for hazard, y r u comparing him with alonso???:confused: his range of passing isnt that long

Guest Blitzkrieg

Why are you surprised though? Your'e comparing 1. two completely different types of players 2. Xabi Alonso is World Class player in his position' date=' Hazard is a fantastic player, but not yet World Class.

I've seen Ribery a lot, Di Maria is a much more complete and consistent player, even Muller for instance is more important to Bayern than Ribery imo.[/quote']

I didn't compare position, but the quality they bring in both positions. And that's your opinion, mine is different.

totally agrees with this. ribery already pass his prime and is no where near the standard of di maria now. as for hazard' date=' y r u comparing him with alonso???:confused: his range of passing isnt that long[/quote']

Ribery passed his prime??? I do not communicate with someone who says such things. He's arguably the best player of the world this season, behind Messi, CR7 and his not so techniqually advanced but deadly teammate Gomez.

Ribery has never been better in his life than the last 3 months.