Australia vs The World 17/18 mate. ID:71032 LET THE TRANSFERS BEGIN

KopStar

world_cup_australia_vs_the_world_tshirt-p235670614470379841qizb_152.jpg

Have a custom gameworld and so want to make a new setup that will appeal to both me and SM.

The setup I propose is a a league like the Hyundai A-League, Australia's football league.

The rules:

- Allowed a maximum of 5 players who are not Australian citizens (or citizens of the country of where your club comes from).

- Allowed either two Australian or one Australian and one foreign player rated 85 or over (MARQUEE PLAYERS). (replace Australian with country of random club) IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THIS FOREIGN MARQUEE STILL FALLS UNDER YOUR 5 FOREIGNERS. IT IS NOT 6 FOREIGNERS

- Squad value must be controlled. If it exceeds 55million, you will be asked to sell players to bring it down.

- Squad size is CAPPED at 30.

- For Wellington Phoenix, Australia's players do NOT count as foreign but for any other team, New Zealand players count as foreign (actual rule of the league)

- On special 'request' (granted you are a respected forumer that i like) you may be allowed to take a team that is not from Australia but fulfils the requirements (of course then the rules of the setup apply but for the country of the club rather than Australia)

- Rating cap of 87 (Highest rated players in Australia are Harry Kewell (88) and Brett Emerton (87) but both will probably drop. Think 87 is overall pretty fair.

- If a player rated 84 rises to 85+, a team must either sell that player or one of their other marquees. At the time of the rise, the manager must elect which player he will sell and CAN NOT play the other until he is sold. However if a marquee rises above 88 he can be kept.

* Managers must be approved by me before they are accepted.

*** Committed managers only that will abide by the rules, post often and not quit after a season

The Teams (Top 2 will not be managed, just there to make the league a bit harder)

Universidad Catolica

Pumas UMAN

Adelaide United- MUTD

Brisbane Roar- pclark

Central Coast Mariners- Kroitzz

Gold Coast - The Djentlemen

Melbourne Victory- drink

Melbourne Heart- draga9

Newcastle Jets- glory

Perth Glory- RieceM96

Sydney FC- KopStar

Wellington Phoenix- RickJames

Persija Jakarta (indonesia) - Ahmad Rivai

Tampines Rovers- Singaporean Pundit

Bradford City- racky

GAIS- Preppens

BK Häcken- Tiesto

Shamrock Rovers-

Lyngby BK- Basnandez

Yeovil Town-

The divisions:

Division 1:

Universidad Catolica

Sydney FC

Melbourne Victory

Brisbane Roar

Central Coast Mariners

Melbourne Heart

BK Häcken

Lyngby BK

Persija

Tampines Rovers

Division 2:

Pumas UNAM

Adelaide United

Gold Coast United

Perth Glory

Newcastle Jets

Wellington Phoenix

Bradford City

GAIS

Shamrock Rovers

Yeovil Town

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Hyundai A-League- Australia's SM setup

I'd give Brisbane a go.

Just to check - if I took 1 foreign marquee player' date=' would that count towards one of my 5 max foreign players?[/quote']

Yeah they would.

Glad you are interested :) Roar is a pretty smart team to take as they are currently on a 33 game streak with out a loss in real life (and because i said this expect them to loose when they play next) and just won the double, so expect a lot of their players to get rises.

I like the idea' date=' but i never following A-League and Australian Football.

How about i choose the club from my country Indonesia??[/quote']

Adelaide United have Sergio van Dijk who will be playing for Indonesia very soon :P

But go ahead and pick and Indonesia team, as the chances are you will like them better :)

There are 10 A-League teams.

What would people think of either:

1) 1 division of 12, with 2 'guest' teams (i.e. teams that aren't Australian)

2) 2 divisions of 12 but division 2 is an assortment of random, pretty weak teams that will remain unmanaged.

Advantage of 2 will mean promotion relegation but will loose a lot of the Australian element.

So which one?

Adelaide United have Sergio van Dijk who will be playing for Indonesia very soon :P

But go ahead and pick and Indonesia team' date=' as the chances are you will like them better :)

2) 2 divisions of 12 but division 2 is an assortment of random, pretty weak teams that will remain unmanaged.

Advantage of 2 will mean promotion relegation but will loose a lot of the Australian element.

So which one?[/quote']

I like the idea of keeping it Australian, but also the idea of prmotion would be a nice bonus. How about 6 guest teams and 2 divisions of 8? 1 of the guest teams could be NQ Fury which gives you 11 Aus/NZ.

I like the idea of keeping it Australian' date=' but also the idea of prmotion would be a nice bonus. How about 6 guest teams and 2 divisions of 8? 1 of the guest teams could be NQ Fury which gives you 11 Aus/NZ.[/quote']

Problem with that is that North Queensland Fury don't exist anymore and so are on SM as a club with no players. Would require some effort to get them competitive.

Maybe if we had two divisions.

Division 1 is the 10 Aussie teams.

Division 2 is North Queensland fury and 5 'guest' teams?

Or just stick with 10 Aussie and 2 guest?

But go ahead and pick and Indonesia team' date=' as the chances are you will like them better :)

So which one?[/quote']

Sergio Van Dijk, yeah i know about him :D

I like pclark idea, 2 divisions, 8 clubs per division. With 6 guest teams.

I'll take Persija Jakarta aswell :) not really interest to take another Indonesian clubs.

Re: Hyundai A-League (with a twist)

So just a few things to add:

- Rating cap of 87 (Highest rated players in Australia are Harry Kewell (88) and Brett Emerton (87) but both will probably drop. Think 87 is overall pretty fair.

- If a player rated 84 rises to 85+, a team must either sell that player or one of their other marquees.

May I have Selangor FA (Malaysian team) :P

Yup thats granted.

Just remember drink and Ahmad that they rules are exactly the same for you two. That is squad value shall not exceed 45mil. Two players rated 85 or higher of which either two are Indonesia/Malaysian or one Indonesia/Malaysian and one foreign.

Yup thats granted.

Just remember drink and Ahmad that they rules are exactly the same for you two. That is squad value shall not exceed 45mil. Two players rated 85 or higher of which either two are Indonesia/Malaysian or one Indonesia/Malaysian and one foreign.

The problem is none Indonesian players rated above 78 :o So, i'll only have 1 85 rated players :o

How about this as a draft squad list?

Division 1 (10 Australian teams)

Adelaide United

Brisbane Roar

Central Coast Mariners

Gold Coast United

Melbourne Victory

Melbourne Heart

Newcastle Jets

Perth Glory

Sydney FC- KopStar

Wellington Phoenix

Division 2 (Guest teams and random teams)

Persija Jakarta (indonesia)

Selangor FA (malaysia)

Kaizer Chiefs (south africa)

Avispa Fukuoka (japan)

Gwangju FC (korea)

Jiangsu Sainty (china)

IF Brommapojkarna (Sweden)

The Strongest (Bolivia)/ Amazulu (South Africa)

Ironi Kiryat Shmona (israel)

MyPa (Finland)

What do people think of this? Nice range of countries in Div 2, mainly Asian with a few random exceptions.

How about this as a draft squad list?

Division 1 (10 Australian teams)

Adelaide United

Brisbane Roar

Central Coast Mariners

Gold Coast United

Melbourne Victory

Melbourne Heart

Newcastle Jets

Perth Glory

Sydney FC- KopStar

Wellington Phoenix

Division 2 (Guest teams and random teams)

Persija Jakarta (indonesia)

Selangor FA (malaysia)

Kaizer Chiefs (south africa)

Avispa Fukuoka (japan)

Gwangju FC (korea)

Jiangsu Sainty (china)

IF Brommapojkarna (Sweden)

The Strongest (Bolivia)/ Amazulu (South Africa)

Ironi Kiryat Shmona (israel)

MyPa (Finland)

What do people think of this? Nice range of countries in Div 2' date=' mainly Asian with a few random exceptions.[/quote']

Looks good to me. Never knew that about Fury, odd SM still has them in the database.

Archived