Australia vs The World 17/18 mate. ID:71032 LET THE TRANSFERS BEGIN

KopStar

Re: Australia vs The World 17/18 mate. ID:71032 LET THE TRANSFERS BEGIN

Got a few bids in - have double checked several times I'm staying within the rules - hope chairman values dont send me too high, though I think I'll still have plenty to play with.

Marquee players are hard to gauge, not much choice for the Aussie side of things and kept changing my mind for my foreign marquee star! He'll need selling soon, but will hopefully do me well up until that point and will make me a nice bit of cash too hopefully!

Season starts at the weekend - looking forward to it!

Shouldn't it be that I get Curtis Good cause he is a Heart player? :confused:

I shouldn't have to be paying for these players in the first place so I should at least have an opportunity to buy them for C/V?

Do see your point but also skeptical.

On one hand you are right this setup is about being Aussie mainly and Good is a Heart player.

On the other hand, it is fair to say you want him as he has gotten good minutes and Aussie where as Maycon is brazillian, takes up a foreign spot and won't rise much and i don't think you want him?

Do see your point but also skeptical.

On one hand you are right this setup is about being Aussie mainly and Good is a Heart player.

On the other hand' date=' it is fair to say you want him as he has gotten good minutes and Aussie where as Maycon is brazillian, takes up a foreign spot and won't rise much and i don't think you want him?[/quote']

Yeah but if i had Maycon I have the chance to.sell him to get some money.. well whatever you think is fair but i dont think it is because i should have them both in the first place shpuldnt i..

Should players you are 'foreign' but have heritage from the home country be counted as foreign?

i.e the players Basnandez was asking about have different nationalities but have Danish heritage.

Players like Cassio (Adelaide) Smeltz (Perth) McFlynn (Sydney) Rozic (gold Coast) all have aussie passports for example.

Tricky call, as you don't want to give the green light to dozens of similar cases. Completely down to you, but I think I'd say a no - not to do him out of a good player, but to prevent a never-ending cycle of "well he has this player, can I have that player" conversations. If any of the players have represented another country - they are foreign, regardless of heritage.

Yeah but if i had Maycon I have the chance to.sell him to get some money.. well whatever you think is fair but i dont think it is because i should have them both in the first place shpuldnt i..

Fair enough. I withdrew my bid for Good. So its between you and Newcastle.

Tricky call' date=' as you don't want to give the green light to dozens of similar cases. Completely down to you, but I think I'd say a no - not to do him out of a good player, but to prevent a never-ending cycle of "well he has this player, can I have that player" conversations. If any of the players have represented another country - they are foreign, regardless of heritage. [/i']

Yup this. I give two exceptions.. to Ahmad and if Singaporean Pundit can find someone.. thats where ill draw the line

Fair enough. I withdrew my bid for Good. So its between you and Newcastle.

Yup this. I give two exceptions.. to Ahmad and if Singaporean Pundit can find someone.. thats where ill draw the line

Thanks a lot mate. Hopefully he withdraws or else im going to have to blow just under a quater of my cash to get a player that should be already mine..

Should players you are

'foreign' but have heritage

from the home country be

counted as foreign? i.e the players Basnandez

was asking about have

different nationalities but

have Danish heritage. Players like Cassio

(Adelaide) Smeltz (Perth)

McFlynn (Sydney) Rozic

(gold Coast) all have aussie

passports for example.

As long as they have 2 nationality , i'll count them as local marquee. If you count them as foreign, it will killed my team.

Especially for the teams from Indonesia or Singaporean or the whole South East Asian. We didnt have much "Local" players who plays in Europe or other countries.

But, its up to you Jared :o

Searched the entire net for players of Singapore origin. Found some. But they're either still 13/14 year old youngsters in Italy or Retired. (Gosh, it shocked me when i found out Terry Butcher was born in Singapore:eek:)

So thats it for me. 1 85 rated player is fair enough for me i guess.:)

Note to self: dont manage Sydney in a challenging game world again. Basically dont want to sell anyone but still want to trade out to buy and not too happy with the players i had made a bid for but at the same time they will improve the squad.

Such a dilema! :)

I'm withdrawing my bid for Curtis Good but im not happy about it.

Newcastle declares war on the heart.

And so a rivalry brews.

Haha I dont understand what there is to be unhappy about.. imagine kantarovski antonis fot some reason wernt on your team. you would feel im the right of having them in your team when you shouldnt have to pay for him in the first place..

Haha I dont understand what there is to be unhappy about.. imagine kantarovski antonis fot some reason wernt on your team. you would feel im the right of having them in your team when you shouldnt have to pay for him in the first place..

as far as im aware Jason Culina is still attached to the Newcastle Jets and he's a free agent so i lose out with the cash i could have had for him. Its like if Simon Colosimo did leave Heart to Victory tomorrow would you give him to Victory for the lowest amount possible?

as far as im aware Jason Culina is still attached to the Newcastle Jets and he's a free agent so i lose out with the cash i could have had for him. Its like if Simon Colosimo did leave Heart to Victory tomorrow would you give him to Victory for the lowest amount possible?

And who's fault is that about Culina? I am not argueing that you shouldnt have him, its quite dumb that you dont but that is SM and if someone was to buy him you should be on the only one to have an option for him unless you claim to the other managers they you dont wish to buy him. Cant believe you are making dumb claim with Colosimo. One of the most st upidest things I have ever heard. We will see if he leaves tomorrow and if he does, ill be more than happy to give him to them if that will make you feel better. By the time round 1 starts in our league and if any of my players have left to other teams in the a-league between now and then, i would be more than happy to get rid of them to the appropriate club.

By the way I should have Sebastian Mattei aswell but for some reason he is at Victory.

And who's fault is that about Culina? I am not argueing that you shouldnt have him' date=' its quite dumb that you dont but that is SM and if someone was to buy him you should be on the only one to have an option for him unless you claim to the other managers they you dont wish to buy him. Cant believe you are making dumb claim with Colosimo. One of the most st upidest things I have ever heard. We will see if he leaves tomorrow and if he does, ill be more than happy to give him to them if that will make you feel better. By the time round 1 starts in our league and if any of my players have left to other teams in the a-league between now and then, i would be more than happy to get rid of them to the appropriate club.

By the way I should have Sebastian Mattei aswell but for some reason he is at Victory.[/quote']

The Colosimo claim was an example not a rumour or truth that i heard btw. Just an example of the same type of scenario with Curtis Good along with the Culina scenario. Personally i believe if they werent in your starting squad when the game opened it should stay the way it is. In the end i did withdraw my bid after you asked anyway.

Agree that if the rule is implemented that a new player added that belongs to your club you should have first choice to buy or pass. (Should happen in all leagues IMO)

The offer for Danny IRELAND of Coventry City from Sydney FC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The deal reported to be worth £3,350,000 involving Rhys WILLIAMS of Middlesbrough and Central Coast Mariners has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Middlesbrough will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

The deal reported to be worth £300,000 plus Jobe WHEELHOUSE and Ali ABBAS involving Rhys WILLIAMS of Middlesbrough and Newcastle Jets has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Middlesbrough will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

The deal reported to be worth £1,850,000 involving Chris HERD of Aston Villa and Melbourne Victory has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Aston Villa will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

The deal reported to be worth £2,050,000 involving Chris HERD of Aston Villa and Melbourne Heart has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Aston Villa will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

The offer for Chris HERD of Aston Villa from Sydney FC has been accepted along with other club offers. Aston Villa will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The deal reported to be worth £402,000 involving Chris HERD of Aston Villa and Newcastle Jets has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Aston Villa will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

The deal reported to be worth £1,000,000 plus Kristian SARKIES and Jonathan GERMANO involving Tommy OAR of FC Utrecht and Melbourne Heart has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. FC Utrecht will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

The offer for Tommy OAR of FC Utrecht from Sydney FC has been accepted along with other club offers. FC Utrecht will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Marc-André TER STEGEN of Borussia Mönchengladbach from Sydney FC has been accepted along with other club offers. Borussia Mönchengladbach will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The deal reported to be worth £300,000 plus Yohann LACROIX and Hassan SUNNY involving Marc-André TER STEGEN of Borussia Mönchengladbach and Tampines Rovers has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Borussia Mönchengladbach will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

The deal reported to be worth £36,000 plus Michael THEOKLITOS involving Marc-André TER STEGEN of Borussia Mönchengladbach and Brisbane Roar has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Borussia Mönchengladbach will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

The deal reported to be worth £0 plus Sung-Hwan BYUN involving Marc-André TER STEGEN of Borussia Mönchengladbach and Newcastle Jets has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Borussia Mönchengladbach will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

The deal reported to be worth £1,371,000 plus Chris COYNE involving Matthew SPIRANOVIC of Urawa Red Diamonds and Perth Glory has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly.

The deal reported to be worth £0 plus Danny VUKOVIC involving Brad JONES of Liverpool and Perth Glory has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly.

Tommy Oar. 1.6mil and Moriyasu or 1mil + Germano + Sarkies. Would say Oar is off to Melbourne Heart :mad:

Chris Herd- its between the Melbourne teams. sure i missed out there as well

Ter Stegnen- 550k + Reddy- missed out on him as well all the other bids are much better

Danny Ireland- 10k keeper to allow me to sell one of my keepers looks like the only player I will get so far.

Still got bids on 3 other players so hopefully i have more luck there

Biggest annoyance is that i forgot to make a bid for williams after i withdrew and earlier one

The Colosimo claim was an example not a rumour or truth that i heard btw. Just an example of the same type of scenario with Curtis Good along with the Culina scenario. Personally i believe if they werent in your starting squad when the game opened it should stay the way it is. In the end i did withdraw my bid after you asked anyway.

Agree that if the rule is implemented that a new player added that belongs to your club you should have first choice to buy or pass. (Should happen in all leagues IMO)

Yes it was a rumour but Heart wernt having any of it. May happen at the end of the year. All good and I think you did the fair thing of withdrawing it, thank you for that. Good luck with the season.

By the way. Victory have Mattei, Kellaway and Pilkington who have all left.. can SM employ someone too update Australia a bit more regularly or what

By the way. Victory have Mattei' date=' Kellaway and Pilkington who have all left.. can SM employ someone too update Australia a bit more regularly or what[/quote']

Nope i think its up to us. Aussie Soccermanagers

Nope i think its up to us. Aussie Soccermanagers

Yup always try keep the database updated but sometimes SM reject a ticket. Or they do something crazy like give Jacob Burns a rise last changes. We just gotta keep trying to make it updated.

Anyone else got signings to report about?

Yup always try keep the database updated but sometimes SM reject a ticket. Or they do something crazy like give Jacob Burns a rise last changes. We just gotta keep trying to make it updated.

Anyone else got signings to report about?

GOLEC, Antony should be at Adelaide.