Manager leaves & 7 days transfer rule

When a manager leaves a club, there is a 7 day wait until you can buy players from that club.

I don't have an issue with that - as it stops the club being stripped.

However in some game worlds I have noticed that a major club loses it's manager, and 6 days later a new manager gets appointed then resigns within minutes.

This situation the reoccurs until someone takes the club over - preventing anyone buying players from that club

Technically I think it's a form of cheating, but SM won't do anything about it because the 'new manager' isn't directly linked to anyone in that game world.

My suggestion

If a manager leaves a club, retain the 7 day rule.

If a new manager joins the club and doesn't stay and login for at least two/three games then use the original 7 days as the time limit

Re: Manager leaves & 7 days transfer rule

Buying from unmanaged sides helps ruin the gameworld you are in as it leaves the unmanaged side being pilfered of all its best players meaning there is less of a chance of somebody wanting to take over.I for one think the 7 day rule should be expanded to 14 days.

Gotta agree with this one-or would be better/easier if the minimum quota for unmanaged clubs shift upward to something like 25 players. A couple reasons retains enough players to assist the potential new manager in lieu of a wad of cash with no one to buy to make the team competitive and to reduce the effects of Raiders.

So what if they quit and join ? You do want a competitive league don't you? Or do you?

Have to agree with the guys saying the 7 day rule should be expanded, 14 days may be a tad much, I'd say 10 days and maybe monitor it in the slightly busier GW's.

Last thing you want in a set-up is managers buying from unmanaged clubs. I've done it once to buy Joe Hart but knew I was leaving the unmanaged team with De Gea and Lloris. Still didn't feel right about it after though. Just cheapens the GW a bit to be honest.

or would be better/easier if the minimum quota for unmanaged clubs shift upward to something like 25 players.

Now that's an idea I like. Much more breathing room for potential new managers and makes the club look more attractive.

Having read most of your posts - I actually see the selfishness of my view, and how it can negatively impact the GW as a whole.

What I am moaning about though is the 'cheating' where other managers are deliberately getting 'mates' to take over clubs simply to stop people catching them up in competitive leagues.

In one of the GWs I am in - every time a 'big club' becomes unmanaged that club gets a new manager every 6 days to stop other people from buying players to catch them up.

Maybe a better suggestion - if someone takes over a club and resigns within a day or 2 it reduces their rep level or something similar. That way the cheat is affected but the GW isn't

Having read most of your posts - I actually see the selfishness of my view' date=' and how it can negatively impact the GW as a whole.

What I am moaning about though is the 'cheating' where other managers are deliberately getting 'mates' to take over clubs simply to stop people catching them up in competitive leagues.

In one of the GWs I am in - every time a 'big club' becomes unmanaged that club gets a new manager every 6 days to stop other people from buying players to catch them up.

[b']Maybe a better suggestion[/b] - if someone takes over a club and resigns within a day or 2 it reduces their rep level or something similar. That way the cheat is affected but the GW isn't

And rep matters how exactly? Sure you can't join certain GW's but hey look at the active forumers numbers-they are dwindling so pretty soon that may be an outdated concept in itself.

Besides this is a customer driven system therefore why punish someone for window shopping?

When a manager leaves a club' date=' there is a 7 day wait until you can buy players from that club.

I don't have an issue with that - as it stops the club being stripped.

[b']However[/b] in some game worlds I have noticed that a major club loses it's manager, and 6 days later a new manager gets appointed then resigns within minutes.

This situation the reoccurs until someone takes the club over - preventing anyone buying players from that club

Technically I think it's a form of cheating, but SM won't do anything about it because the 'new manager' isn't directly linked to anyone in that game world.

My suggestion

If a manager leaves a club, retain the 7 day rule.

If a new manager joins the club and doesn't stay and login for at least two/three games then use the original 7 days as the time limit

i totally agree. every time i have tried to wait for 7 days and then buy someone from an unmanaged club, at the sixth day, a new manager comes along just to quit the same day

ridiculous

I agree that the transfer ban should be extended but if i team has no managers and a lot of players then you should be able to purchase them, managers taking over a team and then quitting immediately should be banned there should be a minimum of 5 matches put in place where you have to manage a team you have taken over.

There should also be a minimum squad of say 50 or 60 players including youth team, its ridiculous when teams have over 100 youth team players.

I agree that the transfer ban should be extended but if i team has no managers and a lot of players then you should be able to purchase them' date=' managers taking over a team and then quitting immediately should be banned there should be a minimum of 5 matches put in place where you have to manage a team you have taken over.

There should also be a minimum squad of say 50 or 60 players including youth team, its ridiculous when teams have over 100 youth team players.[/quote']

really changing the lenght of the transfer ban i don't think would help in this issue because instead of joining & quitting on the sixth day whats to stop them doing it on 13th day of a 14 day ban, the only way i could see this helping is it giving more time to find a new manager without someone having to save the team from the scavengers, which kind of would be hindering the peeps who rob from unmanaged teams in the first place which in turn makes me not understand why the "pro backers of buying from unmanaged" are saying it would be a good thing to lenghten the t.b surely they would prefer a 1 day ban or something

plus what would you ban them from? if they've already left the league.

and the player capping has already got an effective measure in place, its when your players hit low morale and get concerns

really changing the lenght of the transfer ban i don't think would help in this issue because instead of joining & quitting on the sixth day whats to stop them doing it on 13th day of a 14 day ban' date=' the only way i could see this helping is it giving more time to find a new manager without someone having to save the team from the scavengers, which kind of would be hindering the peeps who rob from unmanaged teams in the first place which in turn makes me not understand why the "pro backers of buying from unmanaged" are saying it would be a good thing to lenghten the t.b surely they would prefer a 1 day ban or something

plus what would you ban them from? if they've already left the league.

and the player capping has already got an effective measure in place, its when your players hit low morale and get concerns

[/font']

But the morale only applies to first team player, some player have ovewr 100 players in their youth teams so they are hoarding all the best players and when a team is unmanaged then people have to go and raid it because other teams have hoarded the best players.

At the end of the day every one has an opportunity to buy players from an unmanaged team people shouldn't take it upon themselves to "save" the league, its swings and roundabouts.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with the first post, it's happened to me just today. An Arsenal has been unmanaged for 5 days with players like Schweinsteiger and Van Persie and then a manaher (of 188 reputation and a gold manager) joined the club only to leave within moments.

Now I agree that it is unfair that unmanaged teams get raided but when there are managers refusing to sell players it is some managers only hope.

If a manager is in and out straightaway then the 7 day rule should not be implemented from that point on again. I would rather a new manager came in and said "no thanks, i'm not selling him" rather than keep getting to 5 or 6 days then having to wait every time.

But the morale only applies to first team player' date=' some player have ovewr 100 players in their youth teams so they are hoarding all the best players and when a team is unmanaged then people have to go and raid it because other teams have hoarded the best players.

At the end of the day every one has an opportunity to buy players from an unmanaged team people shouldn't take it upon themselves to "save" the league, its swings and roundabouts.[/quote']

morale effects all players thats why all players have morale bars and that they don't just magically appear when they become"first team players"

as ive had youth team players develop concerns aswell as players who ive had loaned out for too long non anywhere near first team status

plus the swings and roundabouts comment, pretty much a cop out for not wanting to explain your point better

i'm in a fair few setups that operate on 100% participation(or at very least in the high 90's this is maintained by peeps not ravaging unmanaged teams when/if the become available so the next manager has something to work with

if buying from unmanaged teams didn't kill off a gameworld why are there so many empty leagues?

and only a handful of fully managed leagues which oh yeah apply this oh so simple rule of not buying from unmanaged teams

coincidence ?

Because you can window shop a team without becoming their manager.

You don't get all the info until you take over a side - don't buy a car because it painted red mate..

morale effects all players thats why all players have morale bars and that they don't just magically appear when they become"first team players"

as ive had youth team players develop concerns aswell as players who ive had loaned out for too long non anywhere near first team status

plus the swings and roundabouts comment' date=' pretty much a cop out for not wanting to explain your point better

i'm in a fair few setups that operate on 100% participation(or at very least in the high 90's this is maintained by peeps not ravaging unmanaged teams when/if the become available so the next manager has something to work with

if buying from unmanaged teams didn't kill off a gameworld why are there so many empty leagues?

and only a handful of fully managed leagues which oh yeah apply this oh so simple rule of not buying from unmanaged teams

coincidence ?

[/font']

Agreed totally

Yes! seven day is a bit too long and some cheating managers like to use cheating multiple accounts to prevent other bid some good players from certain managed teams. But seem no use for making a post here since smfa don't bother to read any post that they feel NOT BENEFIT TO THEM.