Wayne Bridge

Baseball Furie

Re: Wayne Bridge

Bridge is better than Clichy. Without out a doubt. I got a mate who is a gooner. And he said he would rather Gallas played left back, as he is more stable!!

Bridge I think would be really pushing Cole for England if he played week in week out. I will say again. Wayne!!! Come to Spurs!!!

Bridge is one of the bast left backs in the division. Clichy is mid table for me.

Anyways its hard to compare in a way of who has played more games. The fact is Arsenal did not win anything this season, and did not play to there norm standard. So really Clichy would get into a team where there isnt anyone else who plays naturally at left back.

Bridge has to contend with A.Cole, who Real Madrid and Barcelona were after and is on massive wages, (so he needs to be played) and he is a new signing. Bridge has done great to still look sharp with lack of match fitness.

But watching them both play. I would rather have Bridge playing for my team rather than Clichy. Perhaps Clichy could be as good as Bridge as he gets older. But who knows??

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

bridge is amazing

rumours had it he was going newcastle during the last transfer window :eek:

i wouldnt be surprised now as they have big sam at the helm who will spend the money wisely bringing in stable players

defo 89

you ever thought Clichy might be 90 next time round? and competition? there are 2 left backs at Chelsea...Senderos challenges for CB so Gallas could go in Left back along with Traore and a few more..

senderos huh....he makes soo many errors, thats why he was dropped to the bench and hardly played in any big games last season, and traore? good youngster, but NO WHERE NEAR a 1st teamer.

Bridge is better than Clichy. Without out a doubt. I got a mate who is a gooner. And he said he would rather Gallas played left back' date=' as he is more stable!!

Bridge I think would be really pushing Cole for England if he played week in week out. I will say again. Wayne!!! Come to Spurs!!!

[b']Bridge is one of the bast left backs in the division. Clichy is mid table for me. [/b]

Anyways its hard to compare in a way of who has played more games. The fact is Arsenal did not win anything this season, and did not play to there norm standard. So really Clichy would get into a team where there isnt anyone else who plays naturally at left back.

Bridge has to contend with A.Cole, who Real Madrid and Barcelona were after and is on massive wages, (so he needs to be played) and he is a new signing. Bridge has done great to still look sharp with lack of match fitness.

But watching them both play. I would rather have Bridge playing for my team rather than Clichy. Perhaps Clichy could be as good as Bridge as he gets older. But who knows??

LOL people say i am biased???? this is biased because bridge is obvoiusly not the best at clichy is not mid table if he was he would be a middlesboro or someone like that

if clichy was english he would be seriously challenging cole probably by now. bridge, like swp, had the chance to be a great player but decided to rot at chelsea and since have both wasted their potential to become average players who say fight for a spot in the blackburn team.

also bobo if you are going on the basis of - he who has played more games, regardless of age, is better - then what about

kevin phillips - sunderland 209 games 115 goals

wayne rooney - man u 100 games 41 goals

they are both strikers so according to your theory phillips should be higher then rooney :rolleyes:

bridge stats up untill 21:- 107 appearances 1 goal

0 appearances in a continental competiton. playing for a small team southampton

clichys stats up untill 21:- 98 appearances 0 goals 12 games in continental competetion. playing for a top four team in England consistently

now whose better???

i must admit i did like bridge but i think like swp his career has been wasted

LOL people say i am biased???? this is biased because bridge is obvoiusly not the best at clichy is not mid table if he was he would be a middlesboro or someone like that

huh?

a team can have a decent team and still have a weak spot

I think he means out of all LB's in the EPL he's in the midtable by his standard he doesn't mean Arsenal are a midtable team

huh?

a team can have a decent team and still have a weak spot

I think he means out of all LB's in the EPL he's in the midtable by his standard he doesn't mean Arsenal are a midtable team

yer i no he doesnt mean arsenal are a mid table team but he means clichy midtable in the left back premiership pecking order. if he was mid table arsenal woulda replaced him easily

yer i no he doesnt mean arsenal are a mid table team but he means clichy midtable in the left back premiership pecking order. if he was mid table arsenal woulda replaced him easily

yeah I agree if the ratings was out of 1 to 20 I'd give Clichy say a 7 out of 20 to be fair as he's not the worst but not the best either

I'd then give Bridge a 5 out of 20 if you get what I mean

• 3 weeks later...

Wayne Bridge

I cant find a previous thread about it. Search bit not working. :(

Anyways.

Ashley Cole 93. Wayne Bridge 88.

Erm.................Am I the only Bridge fan here? Surely Wayne Bridge should be a 90 shouldn't he. He was playing good football at the end of the season. Now he is giving Cole a run for his money in the England set up.

What do we all think?

Re: Wayne Bridge!

Anyways.

Erm.................Am I the only Bridge fan here? Surely Wayne Bridge should be a 90 shouldn't he. He was playing good football at the end of the season. Now he is giving Cole a run for his money in the England set up.

What do we all think?

i would agree with a 90, but he needs to play more for chelsea

Yeah, i agree that needs more games at club level. He's a good player as he showed when he went out on loan (to Fulham i think, cant remember).

He prolly could be an 89, but until he gets more games and shows more of his abilities on a mor regular basis, he shouldnt be a 90 IMO. And as for Ash Cole, definitely should go down as should the man that went in the opposite direction, Willy Gallas (95...!)

I thought this should be brought up again.

As now Mr Bridge is playing for England and looking good. And also was playing for Chelsea at the end of the season

Lets be frank. Even if Bridge was playing miles better than A.Cole, Mourinho would not play him. Because Cole is one of his buys, he's got too much pride to realise that he swapped a CB (Gallas), in which he needed and moaned that th reason they were leaking a few more goals is because of injury. If he realised he had a very good left back in the first place, then maybe he could of kept Gallas!!

So, I think Bridge will only play if Cole is injured, which is a shame. But Bridge on International performance deserves more than a 88!!!

Yeah' date=' i agree that needs more games at club level. He's a good player as he showed when he went out on loan (to Fulham i think, cant remember).

He prolly could be an 89, but until he gets more games and shows more of his abilities on a mor regular basis, he shouldnt be a 90 IMO. And as for Ash Cole, definitely should go down as should the man that went in the opposite direction, Willy Gallas (95...!)[/quote']

shouldnt this thread be closed as there is a one like this :confused:

Anyways.

What do we all think?

brigde have everything... but only name don't... he playing good like a.cole! only one different is name, he is BRIDGE not COLE ... that's all ... brige 89/90

In Premiership there are more underrated defender ( EBOUE,YOBO,... )

I thought this should be brought up again.

As now Mr Bridge is playing for England and looking good. And also was playing for Chelsea at the end of the season

Lets be frank. Even if Bridge was playing miles better than A.Cole' date=' Mourinho would not play him. Because Cole is one of his buys, he's got too much pride to realise that he swapped a CB (Gallas), in which he needed and moaned that th reason they were leaking a few more goals is because of injury. If he realised he had a very good left back in the first place, then maybe he could of kept Gallas!!

[/quote']

Kinda hard to keep Gallas when he wanted to leave, but i would assume he'd be thinking he shoulda gone to a different league rather than Arsenal considering their current status. Your right in sayn mourinho plays ppl he buys, but what do you say about Boulahrouz!!!

I think it's a bit stupid that ppl are thinking he deserves a 90. Alot of u are saying if he plays then he deserves a 90, I agree. He doesn't tho and only does if A.COLE is injured. He deserves to play but that's not a reason for an increase, if that was the case a lot of players would be extremely high bcuz that's what they could reach if they played. I feel a 89 is ok and A.Cole should be 92-91.

I think it's a bit stupid that ppl are thinking he deserves a 90. Alot of u are saying if he plays then he deserves a 90' date=' I agree. He doesn't tho and only does if A.COLE is injured. He deserves to play but that's not a reason for an increase, if that was the case a lot of players would be extremely high bcuz that's what they could reach if they played. I feel a 89 is ok and A.Cole should be 92-91.[/quote']

erm m8, where have u been? he took coles place for the cup final and has played for most of the season. i no coles absense has helped get him more games but hes made alot of appearances for whatever reason therefore he deserves the increase his ability reflects just like evry1 else

• 3 years later...