Sign in to follow this  
BigSexyKyle

EPL Ratings

Re: EPL Ratings

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA shut the hell up! Is he even 6ft? Like Villa99 said below can he makes simple saves at his NEAR POST? You are delusional to think he is a soild goal keeper? 93 is so generous and this is only becuase he is at Barca SNM!

I hate to bring this thread off-topic' date=' however I wanted to add something.

Someone disagrees with you and your response is to tell them to "shut the hell up!"...

I'm sure Valdes can "makes" simple saves at his near post, however every keeper in the game is prone to mistakes. Find me a keeper who hasn't conceded when they could have done better?

You give no valid reason as to why Valdes shouldn't be 93, and while his rating [i']may[/i] be generous due to his club, this is similar for most players at big clubs. I believe he is a solid keeper, and obviously many others do.

I hate to bring this thread off-topic' date=' however I wanted to add something.

Someone disagrees with you and your response is to tell them to "shut the hell up!"...

I'm sure Valdes can "makes" simple saves at his near post, however every keeper in the game is prone to mistakes. Find me a keeper who hasn't conceded when they could have done better?

You give no valid reason as to why Valdes shouldn't be 93, and while his rating [i']may[/i] be generous due to his club, this is similar for most players at big clubs. I believe he is a solid keeper, and obviously many others do.

1 - It made me laugh that people have such vague opions (Barca fan boy from the west midlands lol)

2 - Van Der Sar when he was at united?

3 - Here is my reason: what does he have to do when his team has 70% of the ball? As a keeper you should always have your near post covered, for me thats the first rule of keeping. He is at 93 due to the team infront and the style they play, making their oponents run their socks off leaving them cream crackered when they get the chance to attack, all he does is mop up!

Disagree on Valdes' date=' he has turned into a more solid keeper now and is well worth his rating. This is a discussion people had 2 years ago, if you still have this opinion now i can only assume we have been watching a different keeper in goal since then...[/quote']

Completely disagree, i watch La Liga every week and if anything Valdes has declined since two seasons ago. I respect he is a good keeper but the fact remains that he is not as good as other keepers out there (Casillas being the obvious example).

1 - It made me laugh that people have such vague opions (Barca fan boy from the west midlands lol)

3 - Here is my reason: what does he have to do when his team has 70% of the ball? As a keeper you should always have your near post covered' date=' for me thats the first rule of keeping. He is at 93 due to the team infront and the style they play, making their oponents run their socks off leaving them cream crackered when they get the chance to attack, all he does is mop up![/quote']

Your reasoning is quite poor in the fact that it means very little, the facts are that Valdes has for many years played for the best club team ever assembled and has won conuntless League trophies, domestic cups and Champions League trophies. All of those facts weigh in his favour.

Can the topic of discussion focus back on the EPL now?

Your reasoning is quite poor in the fact that it means very little' date=' the facts are that Valdes has for many years played for the [b']best club team ever assembled [/b]and has won conuntless League trophies, domestic cups and Champions League trophies. All of those facts weigh in his favour.

That simply isn't factual at all and while admittedly we are straying off topic it has to be said that yes while these facts weigh in his favour, this does not make him a top class keeper.

3 - Here is my reason: what does he have to do when his team has 70% of the ball? As a keeper you should always have your near post covered' date=' for me thats the first rule of keeping. He is at 93 due to the team infront and the style they play, making their oponents run their socks off leaving them cream crackered when they get the chance to attack, all he does is mop up![/quote']

1 - I'm not from the West Midlands... basic geography. I am most CERTAINLY not a Barca fan-boy... United through and through.

2 - Even as a United fan I can admit Van der Sar made mistakes - off the top of my head Messi's goal in the CL final. Or do you pick and choose which mistakes you remember?

3 - While I have already agreed his 93 may be generous due to the team in front of him, you cannot deny he is a good keeper. What would any keeper do when their team has 70% of the ball? If Neuer was at Barca would he be any more active while his team has 70% possession (before you comment I know Neuer is better than Valdes - its an example). If he was as useless as you make out he wouldn't be at such a great club.

Your reasoning is quite poor in the fact that it means very little' date=' the facts are that Valdes has for many years played for the best club team ever assembled and has won conuntless League trophies, domestic cups and Champions League trophies. All of those facts weigh in his favour.

Can the topic of discussion focus back on the EPL now?[/quote']

Thats what i am saying, he is at 93 due to his team, and what they have won. yes thoes facts weigh in his favour but that doesnt make him a good goal keeper?

Your reasoning is quite poor in the fact that it means very little' date=' the facts are that Valdes has for many years played for the best club team ever assembled and has won conuntless League trophies, domestic cups and Champions League trophies. All of those facts weigh in his favour.

Can the topic of discussion focus back on the EPL now?[/quote']

Maybe with his team and the trophies but as an individual keeper does he deserve it? Where is his place in spain NT? Rarely do top flight keepers concede at the near post, thats a school boy error imo. He is an okay keeper in a way that he could play for some other decent teams and he is a good sweeper but in general, he hasnt done anything better or the same as the other keepers who are rated same or higher. Its just Valdes who plays for Barcelona, thats all we know. We can all say Casillas saves was top class and won a world cup, we remember Cesar and Buffons amazing saves and also Cechs too but Valdes no.

1 - I'm not from the West Midlands... basic geography. I am most CERTAINLY not a Barca fan-boy... United through and through.

2 - Even as a United fan I can admit Van der Sar made mistakes - off the top of my head Messi's goal in the CL final. Or do you pick and choose which mistakes you remember?

3 - While I have already agreed his 93 may be generous due to the team in front of him' date=' you cannot deny he is a good keeper. What would any keeper do when their team has 70% of the ball? If Neuer was at Barca would he be any more active while his team has 70% possession (before you comment I know Neuer is better than Valdes - its an example). If he was as useless as you make out he wouldn't be at such a great club.[/quote']

1- was talking about the first barca fan boy who mention valdes not yourself.

2 - Messi, best player in the world, where as boateng really isnt.

3 - I am saying i wouldnt regurd him as one of the best in the world, and tbh Neuer, i dont rate him that highly, 2 games against united proved how hot and cold he is.

Renia up to 94 so he is better than Valdes - Back on topic enough for you?

1- was talking about the first barca fan boy who mention valdes not yourself.

2 - Messi' date=' best player in the world, where as boateng really isnt.

3 - I am saying i wouldnt regurd him as one of the best in the world, and tbh Neuer, i dont rate him that highly, 2 games against united proved how hot and cold he is.

Renia up to 94 so he is better than Valdes - Back on topic enough for you?[/quote']

1 - Fair enough. I assumed as you quoted me you were referring to me. My mistake. (also people often mistake Derby for west midlands - I don't know why)

2 - To be honest it doesn't really matter which player it is. A good shot is a good shot. A mistake is a mistake. Let's leave it at that.

3 - If you don't rate Neuer that highly... that tells me a lot about you.

On topic... I agree Reina is better than Valdes, but 94 good? No way. Also at a club like Liverpool he has no chance of rising:

No european football.

Already their highest rated player, if I recall correctly.

The prediction of him remaining 93 is correct imo.

Swansea Ratings.

Ordered By Kit Number.

Michel Vorm 87 - 87/88

Ashley Williams 85 - 85/86

Neil Taylor 83 - 84/85

Steven Caulker 82 - 82

Alan Tate 84 - 84

Ferrie Bodde 82 - 82

Leon Britton 84 - 84/85

Andrea Orlandi 82 - 82

Danny Graham 85 - 86/87

Scott Sinclair 85 - 86

Nathan Dyer 85 - 86/85

Stephen Dobbie 83 - 83/82

Wayne Routledge 85 - 85/84

Garry Monk 84 - 84/85

David Cotterill 84 - 83

Leroy Lita 83 - 83

Luke Moore 84 - 83

Federico Bessone 82 - 82

José Moreira 85 - 84

Àngel Rangel 84 - 85

Joe Allen 84 - 85/84

Gerhard Tremmel 85 - 84

Kemy Agustien 82 - 82

Mark Gower 84 - 84

Ashley Richards 78 - 78

Lee Lucas 75 - 75

Darnel Situ 75 - 75

Good predictions to be fair :)

Seem to fairly accurate although probably a little optomistic with the likes of Graham and Vorm. If any of Sinclair, Graham or Dyer will hit 87 it'd be Dyer though, he's our best outfielder and he's a certainty to rise.

Other than that the only things i wouldn't agree with is i think Allen is a certainty for 85, Routledge shouldn't drop and you've probably underestimated the drops of the likes of Tremmel, Moreira and Cotterill who are likely to drop by more.

Since your post Rangel's picked up an injury and he'll be out for a month, leaving Jazz Richards set to fill in and if he does play in all the possible games he'll rise to over 80.

1 - Fair enough. I assumed as you quoted me you were referring to me. My mistake. (also people often mistake Derby for west midlands - I don't know why)

2 - To be honest it doesn't really matter which player it is. A good shot is a good shot. Let's leave it at that.

3 - If you don't rate Neuer that highly... that tells me a lot about you.

On topic... I agree Reina is better than Valdes' date=' but 94 good? No way. Also at a club like Liverpool he has no chance of rising:

No european football.

Already their highest rated player, if I recall correctly.

The prediction of him remaining 93 is correct imo.[/quote']

Alright then everyone has their own opions. I can only rate Neuer on what i see, i watched the united games he played in last season, first game he was the best keeper in the world, 2nd game he really wasnt IMO.

Yeah he should be better than Valdes but he hasnt won enough with liverpool :(

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA shut the hell up! Is he even 6ft? Like Villa99 said below can he makes simple saves at his NEAR POST? You are delusional to think he is a soild goal keeper? 93 is so generous and this is only becuase he is at Barca SNM!

First of all your very first sentence shows how immature you are and i will look forward to the next childish post your 'brain' can come up with. Of course he concedes goals he shouldn't every keeper in the world does that include being beaten at their near post believe it or not...

I said he is a solid keeper i dont remember saying top keeper or world class. The job he does i.e sweeping and his calmness on the ball to play out to the defence even under immense pressure fits right in with Barca's way of building from the back and keep ball.

Why is anyone who says anything a little positive about any Barca player a fanboy? I hate how arrogant the club is and the way their players cheat and deceive referees especially Busquets but i will come down to your level with my next comment just so you can write something abusive back to me in the hope that we lose someone who can't accept a different opinion to that of his own from this forum.

The reason you are so paranoid of Barcelona is that they can play the football of Arsenal BUT actually win things as well...

First of all your very first sentence shows how immature you are and i will look forward to the next childish post your 'brain' can come up with. Of course he concedes goals he shouldn't every keeper in the world does that include being beaten at their near post believe it or not...

I said he is a solid keeper i dont remember saying top keeper or world class. The job he does i.e sweeping and his calmness on the ball to play out to the defence even under immense pressure fits right in with Barca's way of building from the back and keep ball.

Why is anyone who says anything a little positive about any Barca player a fanboy? I hate how arrogant the club is and the way their players cheat and deceive referees especially Busquets but i will come down to your level with my next comment just so you can write something abusive back to me in the hope that we lose someone who can't accept a different opinion to that of his own from this forum.

The reason you are so paranoid of Barcelona is that they can play the football of Arsenal BUT actually win things as well...

Childish brain, love it, your 22 years old, not exactuly old yourself so dont try to talk down to me. To be honest say and think what you want, in the 30 minutes it took you to respond (or more) we have got over this Valdes talk. I have accepted a difference in opinion and have mutualy agreed details about him.

Wow you have said somthing bad about the team i support waa waa, i dont care what you think, atleast i show passion to support my team, unlike you? Or are you a juventus fan? if you are LOL enough said.

End of Valdes talk, good bye and good night.

Good predictions to be fair :)

Seem to fairly accurate although probably a little optomistic with the likes of Graham and Vorm. If any of Sinclair' date=' Graham or Dyer will hit 87 it'd be Dyer though, he's our best outfielder and he's a certainty to rise.

Other than that the only things i wouldn't agree with is i think Allen is a certainty for 85, Routledge shouldn't drop and you've probably underestimated the drops of the likes of Tremmel, Moreira and Cotterill who are likely to drop by more.

Since your post Rangel's picked up an injury and he'll be out for a month, leaving Jazz Richards set to fill in and if he does play in all the possible games he'll rise to over 80.[/quote']

Well, your the Swansea fan, you know better than me, so Ill adjust them a tad :)

Also, Can we stop arguing about Valdes?

First of all, its an EPL thread, he's La Liga.

Second of all, If he was that poor a keeper, Barcelona would have replaced him :)?

Now, back to topic :)

Childish brain' date=' love it, your 22 years old, not exactuly old yourself so dont try to talk down to me. To be honest say and think what you want, in the 30 minutes it took you to respond (or more) we have got over this Valdes talk. I have accepted a difference in opinion and have mutualy agreed details about him.

Wow you have said somthing bad about the team i support waa waa, i dont care what you think, atleast i show passion to support my team, unlike you? Or are you a juventus fan? if you are LOL enough said.

End of Valdes talk, good bye and good night.[/quote']

You are a person that forms an opinion on a player after watching him twice I.e Neuer

Old enough not to insult someone who disagrees with me...

Edit: Sorry to spoil a top thread, i will let the other guy have the last say (I'm sure he will want to) and just enjoy the upcoming EPL changes.

You are a person that forms an opinion on a player after watching him twice I.e Neuer

Old enough not to insult someone who disagrees with me...

Edit: Sorry to spoil a top thread' date=' i will let the other guy have the last say (I'm sure he will want to) and just enjoy the upcoming EPL changes.[/quote']

Firstly all i have said about Neuer is i have seen him twise and of what i saw form him was an amazing performance and a poor one. I have seen valdes more and dont rate him well at all.

Haha trying to make me look like the bad guy becuase of what i think, i am sorry for haveing an opinion.

Kyle i am sorry for going off topic but when i brought up what i felt about Valdes in the first place when talking about EPL keepers i didnt realise there was going to be this much of a up roar.

Kyle i am sorry for going off topic but when i brought up what i felt about Valdes in the first place when talking about EPL keepers i didnt realise there was going to be this much of a up roar.
Sorry to spoil a top thread, i will let the other guy have the last say (I'm sure he will want to) and just enjoy the upcoming EPL changes.

Ahh its fine lads, just a bit of banter :)

i don't know why u all are talking about who is better Valdes or Neuver but i think it is pretty close and i also think sczezsny would be in the same category and whaat is going to happen to the rating of chamberland because I think he should be in the 85

i don't know why u all are talking about who is better Valdes or Neuver but i think it is pretty close and i also think sczezsny would be in the same category and whaat is going to happen to the rating of chamberland because I think he should be in the 85

i would say an 82 would be fair , but he is going to be an england great when hes older. a more succesful version of walcott

does Kolarov really have enough minutes to rise to 90?

Not all based on minutes though, I think he's a great player, if he doesn't get a 90 this time round definitely at the next one.

Unfortunately I don't see much of Fulham; what is likely to happen to the rating of Bjørn Helge Riise?

I recon he'll stay at 85, but I don't really know much about him, sorry.