Re: Gc 153

Finally season 4 came to an end, and even though Bilbao started the season strongly with a trophy after beating Sevilla 4-1 in the SMFA Super cup it all went downhill after that.

We got knocked out in round 3 of the Spanish Shield by Real Madrid and then went out in the Quarter Final vs Sporting CP in the SMFA Shield and last but not least we got knocked out by Real Betis in the Spanish Cup semi final..

Unfortunatly it was the cups we went for this season which hampered our chances in the league and finally ended up on the last SMFA Shield place (6th).

A month has past since our last squad report and it's already very out dated.

With Chicarito, Reina, Jozy, Mkhitaryan and Baumann all left to play for other clubs. And instead came: Ibrahimovic, Krul, Valbuena, Suso, Moutinho, and M.Bruno.

The squad for next season is already set and it will look like this.

Goalkeepers:

T.Krul 89

Aitor 78

Defenders:

Clichy 91

Sakho 90 (Joining at the start of the coming season)

Kolarov 89

Musacchio 88

Santon 88

Botia 88

CM/DM:

Moutinho 92

Fernandinho 91

Valero 90

Nainggolan 89

AM/Wingers:

Valbuena 90

Yarmolenko 89

O.John 88

R.Alvarez 88

Strikers:

Z.Ibrahimovic 96

Milito 92

Arnautovic 88 (Joining at the start of the coming season)

L.Muriel 87

Krul

Santon-Sakho-Clichy

Moutinho

Valbuena-Fernandinho-Valero-Yarmolenko

Ibrahimovic-Milito

Bench: Muriel, Musacchio, Nainggolan, o.John, Arnautovic, Kolarov, R.Alvarez

Next season we are aiming for a top 4 finish as it's about time Athletic Bilbao enters the biggest competition of them all - the SMFA Cup.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gc 153 Lost to Hammer's Shakthar 1-0 was a very close game, so well done to him.

After arguably our worst season yet I have decided to shake things up at Valencia as we continue our quest to break up the big two. Several faces have departed with new ones coming in. The identity of the side has changed completely with more established stars making their way to the Mestalla.

New Arrivals

Ilkay Gundogan - We have been after this player for some time and we finally got our man with Stefan Jovetic, Victor Ruiz and Juan Bernat heading to Dortmund. The German will give us that quality in the middle that we've been missing. At only a mere 22, he has plenty of time to grow and become one of the best midfielders in the world.

Javier Hernandez - Another player Valencia have been after for lengthy period of time. We enquired about him a few months back when he was still serving his transfer ban to only be told it'd take a big offer as he was their main striker. This changed after they signed Ibrahimovic and was available at the expense of a straight swap involving Joao Moutinho. Chicarito will lead the line and will hopefully provide the goals to lead the club to glory.

Here is Valencias squad for Season 5.

Goalkeepers

Salvatore Sirigu (90)

Defenders

Adil Rami (91)

Jan Vertonghen (91)

Andrea Ranocchia (90)

Eliaquim Mangala (89)

Salvatore Bochetti (89)

Macros Rojo (87)

Midfielders

Marek Hamsik (92)

Ilkay Gundogan (91)

Arda Turan (91)

Moura Lucas (90)

Phillipe Coutinho (88)

Cheik Tiote (89)

E. Benat (89)

Saloman Kalou (89)

Alejandro Gomez (88)

Forwards

Javier Hernandez (91)

Pablo Osvaldo (90)

Romelu Lukaku (89)

Moreno Rodrigo (88)

*Bold = New Players

Just got the best surprise ever!

Apperently Athletic Bilbao built a new stadion for 2013, and with that left the classic stadium San Mamés with the capacity of 40,000 and moved into San Mamés Barria which has the capasity to hold 53,332 fans.

This will obviously be a nice boost for us and enable us to compete with the top clubs finacially.

Barcelona - Camp Nou (99,787)

Real Madrid - Santiago Bernabéu (85,454)

Valencia - Mestalla (55,000)

Atl.Madrid - Vicente Calderón (55,000)

Athletic Bilbao - San Mamés Barria (53,332)

Sevilla - Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán (45,500)

As you can see we're finally on par with Valencia and Atl.Madrid and above Sevilla.

after a frustrating season last season emergency talks were held between me and the chairman and it was decided we would use our depth to get better quality in this of course took time but were happy with the team we go into the season with

lloris

martinez silva alba

carrick

hazard gotze silva bale

lewandowski dzeko

were also happy to announce that we have agreed to sign Ibrahimović although this wont be completed untill the 23rd of September but this is will be our last signing this season inless a special player becomes available

Looking forward for the start tonight. I'll be missing Turan and Inler through suspension but I'll have capable back up replace them in the form of Benat and Coutinho.

This might finally be the year me or one of the other teams break the big two, my squads never looked better and the depth isn't bad either, but only time will tell!

• 1 month later...

As we're getting closer to the mid-season break Preppens Athletic Club are topping the table after the first 14 rounds. But before the actuall break comes Hércules(H) and Real Valladolid(A) needs to be brushed a side to remain 1st.

Some interesting read is that Bilbao has never even finished in the top 4 previous seasons, and only time will tell how well they'll handle the pressure and if they can perform as consistantly in the 2nd half of the season.

Previous table finish:

Season 1: 8th

Season 2: 5th

Season 3: 6th

Season 4: 6th

A few days ago there was a big change in the starting eleven when the Ibrahimovic deal finally went through which saw James Rodriguez, Kiessling and Rafael join.

Although not being at Bilbao for a long period of time, he made a huge impact and together with Milito carried them to their current position in the table with an impressive record of 10 goals and 11 assists in 11 league games.

Athletic Clubs manager shared his thoughts on why Ibrahimovic was sold to Internazionale:

I think this is not just a loss for us, but also to La Liga who looses one of the best strikers around.

But when it comes down to it, we've got to prioritize building the squad to compete in the long run even if it means that we have to sacrifice our title chances this season.

With the new trio in the starting eleven could looks something like this

838095_Athletic_Club.jpg

• 1 month later...

Had to call time on my attempts to bring the league title to Valencia this season. Haven't had wi-fi in my new flat, and as a result I haven't been able to set my team for every game.

So i am now preparing for next season, and have started with a great deal for the team.

Marco Reus comes in, with Lucas Moura and Andrea Ranocchia going the other way to Chelsea.

Had to call time on my attempts to bring the league title to Valencia this season. Haven't had wi-fi in my new flat' date=' and as a result I haven't been able to set my team for every game.

So i am now preparing for next season, and have started with a great deal for the team.

[b']Marco Reus[/b] comes in, with Lucas Moura and Andrea Ranocchia going the other way to Chelsea.

Ah, that explains why you've been dropping so many pts to poor unmanaged clubs..

Sweet deal mate :)

• 2 weeks later...

inter milan have officially after a year long battle finally landed fabregas with hazard and Nicolas N'Koulou going in the opposite way

nathan said im in dreamland after finally landing a player i believe can take us too the next level

i can also confirm vidal will be joining us at end of season with cavani going in the opposite way

this is a deal that further strengthens our midfield and gives us a bright future fighting for more titles

i still hope to add 2/3 more players ready for next season :)

Preparations for next season has already started at Athletic Club.

Sold Arnautovic and Kone to raise some cash a couple of days ago, and since then I've signed Dutch right back Janmaat who plays for their NT.

Also a CB for the future in Koray Günter, who is actually our first youth defender! :P

I'm also happy to announce that our 2nd keeper Aitor's services will not be needed for much longer as we've managed to snap up Russian u17 keeper Anton Mitryushkin for nearly chairman value, and he will be our new choice on the bench.

Add to that the deal with Valencia that will happen sometime in december where James, Gnabry and Nainggolan leaves, whilst Yanga Mbiwa and Chicarito comes in.

I think for the first time I'll have a complete defense that I am pleased with.

GKs:

Krul

Mitryushkin

CBs:

Sakho

Yanga Mbiwa

Musacchio

Koray Günter

FBs:

Rafael

Clichy

Santon

Janmaat

The future is looking bright for Athletic Club!

• 3 weeks later...

inter milan finally warapped up the league this evening with a 1-0 victory over lazio manager nathan said

its a great night for us and the fans to regain the title and we will celebrate 2night but we have a very tough semi final against valencia on monday so we need to refcus and give benji and is team the respect they deserve they are a top side but i hopw we can continue a good season and get past valencia in the next 2 legs
  • 3 weeks later...

inter milan season finally finished on monday with a victory against liverpool in the smfa champions cup manager nathan said

im really proud of the lads to win the treble this season as taken alot of dedication from the lads its been better than we ould of dreamed after our bad start but it all came together in the end now we need to have a week of ten we will get back to trying to retain the italian title and hopefully doing well in the other cup games
i also have the chairmain trying to work on deals to maybe add one or 2 more to the team but its very hard to deal at the moment in time
  • 1 year later...