Alfreton's Dream - Division 5 Challenge

Adam94

Alfreton Town today unveiled rookie Adam Warner as the clubs new manager, the team only has 13 first team players to choose from and a very small transfer budget so he has a difficult job if he is to achieve anything this season. The Chairman has given the young manager the simple task of not finishing bottom, so that gives you an idea of the size of the challenge ahead.

3 loan deals have already been completed, all of them off Liverpool. Brad Jones, John Flanagan and Nathan Eccleston will all join Alfreton Town for the season.

LET'S DO THIS!

Re: Alfreton's Dream - Division 5 Challenge

A massive 20 bids have been accepted at Alfreton. I can't afford any good risers from the big leagues (apart from Oxlade-Chamberlain but I doubt i'm gonna get him) so i've gone for the really cheap players from the lower international leagues that may get a decent rise whenever their respective leagues get reviewed. Here we go..

Adam Legzdins

Maikol Negro

Vedran Vinko

Joao Choco

Matt Done

Gilles Cioni

Jonas Strifler

Rok Buzeti

Krzysztof Maczynski

Mohammed Lartey

Robert Koch

Jonas Strifler

Tomislav Pavlov

Garcia Fofo

Niguez Jony

Arpad Vas

Aleksandar Kovin

Nejc Vidmar

Kasali Yinka Casal

Victor Vadasz

All of these coming in in either P/E deals or 10k's, I may be able to afford one or two 75 rated risers from the big leagues after i've finished assembling my team but for now i'm happy with these. I just hope the various leagues that all of them players are from gets reviewed sometime in the near future.

I sent Ecclestone back and got Jenkison on loan instead as he will be rising in a few days so I thought I best get him whilst his wages are low. An interesting match away at Nottingham Forest in a friendly tonight, then away at Sunderland tomorrow! Here is the rating of the epic team that will face these 2 teams:

Avg Rating 74, Average Age 23

80, 73, 77, 74

72, 72, 72, 72

72, 72

Bids have been make for a few more players, including one promising 75 rated riser. :D

A further 6 players coming into Alfreton:

Denis Popovic

Miha Gregoric

Patrik Raduha

Amer Krkic

Tomislav Pavlov

Jairo Samperio

Happy to get Samperio in the team, my first 75 rated player. He should be getting a good rise when the Spanish ratings get done in a few days. This will leave me with about 600k left to spend, I'll have to scout carefully to find a decent riser for next to nothing from the big leagues. Got several players on the Transfer List as well, probably will get an extra 100k or so from these.

Sunderland away tonight, god help me.. Got the same team out as last night but instead of a 4-4-2 i'm going for the Diamond. Want the season to start now really.

First game of the season tonight away at Grimsby Town, would be nice to kick off the season with a win!

80, 73, 77, 74

72, 72, 75, 72

72, 72

I think that team is enough for the win tonight, their average rating in their previous game was 73, whereas mine is 75 for the game tonight. Fingers crossed! On the transfer front, i've still got a couple of players that I can get rid of, and with precisely 589k in the bank I can hopefully try and find some okay replacements, don't want to fall into debt though so i'm planning not to spend every penny of my budget, they'll be some player out there just waiting to be bought! :D

Grimsby Town 2-3 Alfreton Town

Kempson 20

Lartey 27

Vinko 29

Coulson 50

Jenkinson 89

Possession - 44% - 56%

Total Shots - 6 - 6

Shots On Target - 6 - 3

Corners - 6 - 4

Yellow Cards - 1 - 0

Red Cards - 0 - 0

Great start to the season! Just sneaked the victory in the 89th minute!

Alfreton brought in just 1 more player over the weekend, Sandi Arcon from ND Gorica, not got much cash at all now so unless I can find any stand out 10k risers there won't be much transfer activity happening, somehow managed to bring in 34 players with 1.3million so it's not all bad. After a decent 1-0 victory in a friendly away at Crawley last night, we was away at Lincoln City tonight in the league:

Lincoln City 0 - 2 Alfreton Town

Vinko 21

Casal 43

Possession - 46% - 54%

Total Shots - 5 - 6

Shots On Target - 4 - 6

Corners - 6 - 5

Yellow Cards - 2 - 2

Red Cards - 0 - 1

Played a very weak team tonight as I have OCD when it comes to player fitness, I never usually play anyone that is under 95% fit unless they are needed for emergencies, my average rating was only 71. But our great start to the season continues with this 2-0 win. The only down side was Choco's red card but that's not too much of a problem. Next we finally have a home game on Wednesday against Wrexham, which won't be easy.

Just hoping now that my players leagues get reviewed some time soon!

A great week for us! No new players have come in but we have got rid of some of the deadwood that will never play for me. And also 2 games have been and gone since then:

Alfreton Town 4 - 0 Wrexham

Negro 9

Samperio 18

Brogan 28

Negro 49

Possession - 62% - 38%

Total Shots - 21 - 19

Shots On Target - 14 - 13

Corners - 4 - 8

Yellow Cards - 0 - 1

Red Cards - 0 - 0

What a great win that was, I thought a point would have been a good result but a 4-0 win is brilliant! That left us with 3 wins from 3 at the start of the season, then last night:

Luton Town 0 - 3 Alfreton Town

Vinko 27

Done 56

Vinko 73

Possession - 36% - 64%

Total Shots - 19 - 13

Shots On Target - 12 - 8

Corners - 3 - 8

Yellow Cards - 0 - 0

Red Cards - 0 - 0

4 wins from 4 for the little team from Derbyshire! Leaves us top of the pile, didn't expect such a strong start to the season, next up is Mansfield at home tomorrow.

Woke up to a club message this morning saying that I had a rating or position change, so I get excited at the prospect of one or two of my players getting a rating increase.. Turns out it was just a positional change for Joao Choco to RB/LB which was a little disappointing! Anyway to my game last night:

Alfreton Town 4 - 0 Mansfield Town

Nyari 15

Arcon 48

Arcon 51

Lartey 88

Possession - 55% - 45%

Total Shots - 13 - 9

Shots On Target - 4 - 7

Corners - 6 - 7

Yellow Cards - 1 - 2

Red Cards - 0 - 0

And the run keeps going! That win keeps us top with 5 wins from 5, only two other teams have a achieved that so far, one of them is Bath City who we play on Saturday. I think I'm losing only a few grand per game, my budget is slowly decreasing, I shouldn't fall into too much debt before the TB's run out hopefully. I've got a 'Bye' in both Cups as well which is nice. :)

All is going very well so far!

Since the last game nothing much has happened really, Samperio Jairo rose from 75 ->77 which is a little disappointing, expected at least 78 but nevertheless It'll do. 2 games have happened since the last update. Bath City at home was the first one:

Alfreton Town 2-2 Bath City

Jairo 12

Murray 22

Vadasz 25

Mills 78

Possession - 54% - 46%

Total Shots - 15 - 8

Shots On Target - 8 - 2

Corners - 3 - 4

Yellow Cards - 2 - 0

Red Cards - 0 - 0

So, the first dropped points of the season, ah well. Could we recover away at York City?

York City 0-1 Alfreton Town

Maczynski 14

Possession - 44% - 56%

Total Shots - 16 - 18

Shots On Target - 6 - 13

Corners - 5 - 3

Yellow Cards - 3 - 0

Red Cards - 0 - 0

We get back to winning ways with this 1-0 win, we are second in the league with 19 points, Darlington lead the way with 7 wins from 7. We didn't have a game last night as we had a 'Bye' in the Cup, so our players got a nice little rest. Tomorrow we are at home to Ebbsfleet United.

Jenkinson got his rise from 77->82 a couple of days back which is a great boost for my team. Another 2 games to update you on, firstly a home game against Ebbsfleet United:

Alfreton Town 4-0 Ebbsfleet United

Negro 2

Negro 65

Lartey 66

Negro 84

Possession - 58% - 42%

Total Shots - 25 - 15

Shots On Target - 15 - 10

Corners - 6 - 4

Yellow Cards - 0 - 1

Red Cards - 0 - 0

Very nice win there, then on Christmas Eve we were away at Kidderminster:

Kidderminster Harriers 1-6 Alfreton Town

Vinko 10

Vinko 15

Jairo 18

Buzeti 22

Vinko 23

Guinan 24

Vinko 63

Possession - 34% - 66%

Total Shots - 6 - 31

Shots On Target - 1 - 18

Corners - 8 - 7

Yellow Cards - 0 - 0

Red Cards - 0 - 0

A bit of a weird game this one, 5-0 up after just 23 minutes then it only ends up 6-1, but I suppose you can't complain with that! :D Darlington slipped up as well with a defeat so we are now a point clear at the top of the League. We have another 'Bye' tonight so our players get another nice rest. At home to AFC Telford on Wednesday.

Alfreton Town 5-0 AFC Telford

Vinko 30

Jairo 50

Lartey 56

Negro 58

Lartey 79

Possession - 66% - 34%

Total Shots - 39 - 8

Shots On Target - 16 - 3

Corners - 7 - 5

Yellow Cards - 1 - 0

Red Cards - 0 - 0

Easy, easy, easy! The wins just keep on coming! With only 2 points dropped this season so far things are certainly going very well. To think the Chairman's objective was to not finish bottom, I think we can safely say already that we have accomplished that. :D But Darlington remain hot on our tails just 1 point behind.

Happy New Year everyone! We had 3 job offers in the space of 2 days! From Fulham, Sunderland and Blackpool, I of course rejected them all as I want to turn Alfreton into Division One title contenders! That will happen all in good time though. To end 2011 we played Cambridge United away in what turned out to be one hell of an incredible game of football:

Cambridge United 2 - 11 Alfreton Town

Jairo 6

Jairo 9

Negro 38

Jairo 42

Maczynski 46

Negro 59

Vinko 61

Murtagh 69

Gash 75

Jairo 76

Done 81

Negro 83

Lartey 86

Possession - 34% - 66%

Total Shots - 5 - 26

Shots On Target - 3 - 12

Corners - 6 - 4

Yellow Cards - 1 - 2

Red Cards - 1 - 0

Unbelievable game, we're on a 5 game winning streak at the minute but still Darlington are just the 1 point behind. We play Rotherham United at home tomorrow in the 2nd Round of the Cup, not particularly bothered about this so I'm going to play my weakest team as the League is my priority, we have no chance of winning the Cup competitions anyway so there isn't much point risking injuries. Well, it's not often you see a scoreline of 11-2! Brilliant stuff. :D

2nd Round Cup game against Rotherham has concluded:

Alfreton Town 2 - 1 Rotherham United

Buzeti 38

Revell 43

Fofo 83

Possession - 59% - 41%

Total Shots - 18 - 15

Shots On Target - 12 - 10

Corners - 4 - 5

Yellow Cards - 2 - 0

Red Cards - 0 - 0

A deserved day out at QPR awaits us in Round 3 as we dominate Rotherham to advance to the next round. We've got the depth in this team to cope with the Monday games, but the second team at the minute is quite frankly pathetic. :P

Alfreton Town 4 - 2 Southport

Jairo 22

Davis 29

Whalley 70

Lartey 72

Vinko 77

Lartey 85

Possession - 65% - 35%

Total Shots - 37 - 13

Shots On Target - 19 - 3

Corners - 4 - 6

Yellow Cards - 2 - 1

Red Cards - 0 - 0

Bit of a nerve-wracking game this one, very topsy-turvy. Didn't expect to win the game after being 2-1 down 70mins in, but it's another win that puts us 3 points clear at the top. Gateshead away on Saturday. Took the Netherlands job as well, just became a Gold Manager today so I thought why not. :P

Gateshead 1 - 2 Alfreton Town

Mulligan 8

Vinko 69

Done 78

Possession - 33% - 67%

Total Shots - 11 - 25

Shots On Target - 8 - 11

Corners - 7 - 7

Yellow Cards - 0 - 1

Red Cards - 0 - 0

We just sneak this close encounter, the change of formation from 4-4-2 to 3-4-1-2 at 60mins seemed to have had it's effect. Still 3 points clear at the top. Also, a couple of bids have been made, as I try and look for replacements so I can ship out the last of the players from the original team.

Hereford United 1 - 1 Alfreton Town - Alfreton Town win 5-4 on penalties

Jony 23

Canham 76

Possession - 46% - 54%

Total Shots - 8 - 17

Shots On Target - 8 - 8

Corners - 5 - 3

Yellow Cards - 2 - 1

Red Cards - 0 - 0

Tough game, but we come through it winning on penalties. An easy trip to Merseyside to play Everton next. Them 2 players have also both completed their moves to the Impact Arena. They are Elliott Hewitt, the 17 year old CB/RB from Macclesfield Town, bought for just 10k. The other player is the striker Nino Rojas who plays for Unión La Calera, he may get an alright rise in the upcoming Chilean ratings, couldn't really afford anyone else that I found.

On Wednesday was the big game at the top, a win would put a bit of daylight between us and the rest of the pack, anything else would keep the pressure on us! So, here I am expecting this to be a close affair, a scrappy game with chances a plenty at both ends.. Well..

Alfreton Town 7 - 0 Darlington

Casal 26

Casal 29

Negro 35

Vinko 50

Negro 54

Pavlov 69

Negro 80

Possession - 66% - 34%

Total Shots - 38 - 6

Shots On Target - 22 - 6

Corners - 6 - 7

Yellow Cards - 0 - 2

Red Cards - 0 - 0

Baffling. They have a better team yet we trounce them 7-0. There is no stopping Alfreton at the minute! Yesterday was an away game at Hayes & Yeading:

Hayes & Yeading United 0 - 2 Alfreton Town

Rojas 22

Rojas 34

Possession - 39% - 61%

Total Shots - 11 - 24

Shots On Target - 2 - 8

Corners - 6 - 7

Yellow Cards - 2 - 0

Red Cards - 0 - 0

11 straight wins in all competitions now, still only 2 points dropped all season. That wins leaves us 7 points clear at the top with only 15 games played. I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that I really cannot see any way of us not winning the League this season, if the first 15 games is anything to go by anyway. Next up is a trip to QPR in the 3rd Round of the Cup. The only down side to this is the fact I am now in debt, only by 28k but that will be constantly increasing as time passes before the TB's run out. I'm really hoping that the lower tiers of the big leagues will be getting reviewed shortly so I can make any decent profit on these players.

QPR 1 - 0 Alfreton Town

Vaagan Moen 62

Possession - 59% - 41%

Total Shots - 25 - 13

Shots On Target - 12 - 4

Corners - 4 - 3

Yellow Cards - 1 - 2

Red Cards - 0 - 1

Can't be disappointed with that, for an average rating of 72 to only lose 1-0 against a team with the average rating of 85 is pretty decent. Besides, we've got Everton to beat on Monday :P On Wednesday we played Tamworth:

Alfreton Town 2 - 0 Tamworth

Vinko 66

Rojas 88

Possession - 65% - 35%

Total Shots - 29 - 19

Shots On Target - 14 - 12

Corners - 7 - 4

Yellow Cards - 2 - 2

Red Cards - 0 - 0

Another League game, another win. 9 points clear now at the top, I sense no way back for the chasing pack :D Rojas got a positional change to a CF, but no rise. Maybe he will still rise by a couple, was gambling on him really, couldn't find anyone else that I can afford.

Kettering Town 0 - 1 Alfreton Town

Negro 11

Possession - 35% - 65%

Total Shots - 15 - 21

Shots On Target - 13 - 11

Corners - 5 - 6

Yellow Cards - 0 - 0

Red Cards - 0 - 0

A tough game ends in a hard fought 1-0 win to maintain our 9 point lead at the top. Only 77k in the bank, but we've made an offer for Free Agent Armando Solis, he is a player with over 1100 minutes last season, for 8k it's a bargain, should get a good rise in the Ecuadorian ratings. Everton on Monday :)

Everton 0 - 1 Alfreton Town

Raduha 27

Possession - 52% - 48%

Total Shots - 16 - 8

Shots On Target - 6 - 1

Corners - 7 - 5

Yellow Cards - 1 - 2

Red Cards - 0 - 0

Unbelievable! Somehow we scrape out a 1-0 win against Division 1 side Everton! To give you an idea just how massive this win is, here's the ratings of both teams for that game:

Everton:

88, 90, 89, 90

85, 90, 88, 87

86, 87

Alfreton Town:

71, 70, 70, 72

70, 68

70, 72

Can't argue with that! My second team beating their first team! So, with that win we gain a very handy 300k and a home tie in Round 4 to Everton's bitter rivals Liverpool! I can't get over that win. So, from the heights of Goodison Park, we go back home to the Impact Arena to play Braintree Town on Wednesday. I think that may be the biggest shock I've had in my time playing this game by a long margain. Brilliant stuff!