153 - Valencia Reports

Re: 153 - Valencia Reports

ValenciaLogo.png

Valencia Legend to Leave

Valencia have agreed to deal that'll see legend David Albelda depart the club to finish his career at Mallorca in a deal worth 5 million euro. Albelda has played over 300 games for the club but has seen his role reduced from a key player to a bench warmer since the arrival of manager Benjamin Harris.

The arrival of new talent such as Xhaka and Kucka has seen limited his opportunities, but the sheer class of Albelda has seen him accept that his footballing days are coming to an end.

Albelda had already announced at the start of the season that next season will be his last. Featuring just 7 times last season it became clear that he wasn't apart of Harris' plans to take the club forward with youth. At 34 years old it is fair to say that he doesn't fit the criteria Harris is looking for.

200px-David_Albelda.jpg

David Albelda has earned the Legend status

Here is what Harris had to say on the transfer;

It's a very sad day for everyone associated at the football club, but it is best for both parties. David's talent was wasting away on our bench and he can still offer alot to another club and Mallorca is perfect for David to show what he is still capable of. I have no doubt he'll be a success and give 100% for Mallorca. Our plan to inject talented youth is still in progress, we have gradually sold the older players and replaced them with fresh talent and we won't stop until we've established ourselves as the Kings of Spain.

Transfers News;

We have several bids in for some very talented youngsters across the globe and one in particular stands out as a future superstar, should we sign him I'll be delighted!

• 3 weeks later...

ValenciaLogo.png

Valencia Splash out on Youth

Valencia have splashed out on five young talents as they look to strengthen their youth squad and further brighten the clubs future. The array of talent that the club have brought in has attracted global attention as Valencia faced fierce competition from clubs such as Barcelona and United for their signatures.

I'm absolutely delighted to announce the signing of these five very talented youngsters. I'm very excited about the future, and I'm confident each one of these five players will have a role to play in our first team sooner or later.

The five players cost Valencia a total of 17.5 million pounds.

46202_1288986560.jpg

Lindsay Rose - 5 million

58786_1344700811.jpg

Ibrahima Mbaye - 2.6 million

51118_1344499210.jpg

Jordan Veretout - 5 million

59006_1345573203.jpg

Oliver Torres - 2.8 million

52010_1316951320.jpg

Jason Buaillon - 2.5 million

17.5 million is a huge amount of money to spend on young talent, but I truly believe that in a few years time if we ever decided to sell even one we'd get our 17.5 million back. That's how much I believe in their talent.

ValenciaLogo.png

Mario Balotelli on his way out?

Italian Superstar Mario Balotelli has been linked with a move away for some time, and it appears that his move away is now inevitable. Speaking at a recent press conference Benjamin Harris has highlighted the fact that he wished to change the team formation that will only allow one striker. With Radamael Falcao in the team, Balotelli may be looking at sitting on the bench for the majority of the season.

220px-Mario_Balotelli_Euro_2012_vs_England_02.JPG

In Action for Italy

The striker has had a great first season in Spain, scoring 15 times in 22 appearances. An impressive statistic for a striker of any calibre, add that to the fact that he has also chipped in with an impressive 17 assists. In total that means he has contributed to 32 goals for the team; one less than star striker Falcao.

There have been talks with several clubs about the possibility of a sale. M'vila is a name that has again cropped up, like it has so many times this past year, it is only a matter of time before he ends up moving away from Inter. Especially since the club has recently signed Maroune Fellaini and Ranieri Sandro; two players who are capable of replacing the Frenchmen. Lars Bender of Zenit is a realistic target that many suggest Harris has been in contact over. Whether something materializes is yet to be seen, the German would be an ideal target for Valencia, slotting into the defensive role allowing Ander Herrera and Sebastien Giovinco more freedom.

ValenciaLogo.png

BREAKING NEWS

Yann-M-Vila_2716895.jpg

M'vila Deal Agreed

Hours after placing Mario Balotelli on the transfer list, Valencia have find their man in the form of Yann M'vila.

The deal see's Mario Balotelli + Tino Costa head to the San Siro with Yann M'vila coming to the Mestalla.

31561_1346054409.jpg35158_1336657075.jpg

I'm very pleased to announce that Yann will be signing for us. He will be joining up with his new teammates at the end of the season, and we look forward to building a good relationship and hopefully his work ethic can finally help us push on and claim our first league title.

ValenciaLogo.png

Valencia Announce Tournament!

The club has announced it has decided to host a tournament that will feature eight teams from around the globe. The tournament is similar to that of the Emirates club in that randoms teams are invited to participate, the difference being is that they are competing for a cash prize that will be funded by crowd tickets Valencia's sponsor Sony.

The draw is yet to be completed but the following teams will be participating in the tournament;

Valencia

Rapid Wien

Genoa

West Ham

Palermo

Newcastle Jets

Internazionale

Manchester United

Needless to say there is a whole array of talent that will be on display for the Spanish crowd.

Here is what Benjamin Harris had to say on the matter;

This is exactly what we need before we look to kick on for the season. There are quality teams there in United, Inter, Genoa, Palermo and we'll be good not to underestimate the weaker sides in the tournament. We should have M'vila in the squad for the start of the tournament so we'll use this as a chemistry building exercise.

ValenciaLogo.png

M'vila & Wernbloom arrive at the Mestalla

Two big deals where completed within the space of 5 hours yesterday as Valencia prepare for their assault for the league title next season. M'vila who has been a target for Harris since the middle of last year has finally completed his much anticipated move.

9707_1339110603.jpg

An unexpected arrival perhaps but Pontus Wernbloom will be looking to make an impact in Spain after creating a high reputation for himself on the back of some outstanding performances for Sweden and CSKA. This deal saw the departure of right back Gokhan Gonul a player who saw alot of action this season.

Looking at the full squad Valencia are now able to put out two completely different teams. This has been the aim for Harris since the teams failure to qualify from the group stage of the champions cup this season. It is expected that Wernbloom will be apart of the second string until he can break the trio of Giovinco, Herrera and M'vila.

• 5 months later...

ValenciaLogo.png

Season 3 Review

Having overachieved somewhat in the previous two seasons, Valencia had set their sights on going one better and securing their first league title. The squad was as strong as ever, with the likes of Falcao, M'vila and Alex Song in the ranks. Despite having a decent start it became evident that the squad depth would become an issue, having to play champions cup games in midweek along with the weekly league fixtures, Valencia were forced to play youth players like Veretout and Rose to prevent fatigue to key players.

With one league game remaining Valencia find themselves sitting in a disappointing 6th place, far away from what they were hoping for. Preparation for next season is already underway and is near completion, several key names are on their way as they attempt to bulk the squad and keep the quality.

Preparation for Season 4 Transfers

IN

Javier Pastore

Axel Witsel

Gylfi Sigurdsson

Nikica Jelavic

Matias Suarez

Bas Dost

Alexander Kokorin

Granit Xhaka

Roberto Firmino

Alessandro Florenzi

Duarte Bernard

OUT

Alex Song

Yann M'vila

Younes Belhanda

Kyriakos Papadopoulos

Sebastien Giovinco

Hector Moreno

Jordan Veretout

As the two lists show, the squad has brought in quality for quality, and the depth issue has been solved. There have been good prospects moved on in the likes of Papadopoulos and Veretout but arguably more exciting talent is being brought in with Florenzi, Firmino, Kokorin, Bernard and Xhaka being brought in.

It is hard to tell what next season will hold for Valencia, but they are better prepared for next season and there still may be more transfer news to follow. But they'll have no excuses for having a poor season as the good is more than good enough to produce some silverware.

ValenciaLogo.png

Sirigu arrives at the Mestalla

After spending the good part of a year looking for a new goalkeeper, Harris has finally found his man in the form on Italian international Salvatore Sirigu. The stopper has spent a large portion of his career in the stick at French giants PSG, but the attraction of playing at Valencia was too good to turn down.

10508_1357969516.jpg

The deal see's current keeper Vicente Guaita and youth Isimat-Mirin make the switch to France. The keeper will certainly improve the strength of the squad, and his experience in playing at the highest level may take Valencia to another lever.

Here's what Harris had to say on the deal:

I'm delighted to announce the arrival of Sirigu, we've been after him for a while. He'll bring the winning mentality and he will add steel to our backline.

There maybe one more deal in the works, but we are still in early stages of negotiations. I'd be thrilled if we got this done, but I'm already very happy with the set of players we have now.

• 3 weeks later...

ValenciaLogo.png

Harris voices excitement

Harris starts his fourth season at the helm tonight against promoted Malaga, and ahead of the game he spoke of his excitement that the new faces have gave him.

We have a very tough game tonight against Malaga, they've kept their big names in Cazorla and Toulalan who we'll have to keep quiet if we want to have any chance of winning this game.

He then went on to speak about the squads increased depth;

I thought we had it in us to go one further and win the league last season, but our lack of depth cost us so I've gone about increasing the squad size whilst trying to maintain the starting lineups strength which I believe I have done. There is a lot of young talent in the club, and there are a few names destined for stardom and we'll do our best to keep them here to nurture their talent.

ValenciaLogo.png

Winning Start

MalagaReport.png

Both teams went into this looking very strong with some special players going head to head in a mouth watering clash that promised excitement. Valencia boasting the likes of Falcao, Alba and Rami while Malaga had stars like Cazorla and Toulalan on display.

Overall the possession stats show what was expected, both teams like to play with the ball on the floor and they cancelled each other out. After the first 20 minutes, there weren't many chances but the game burst into life on the 22nd minute, Axel Witsel picking out captain Jordi Alba who calmly finished past Caballero. The game continued in the same manner, both teams throwing everything at each other with both keepers pulling off spectacular saves. Malaga got an equaliser on the 53rd minute with Joaquin who was found by Italian Quagliarella. With just over 30 minutes to go the game could've gone either way, with both sides deciding to not use any substitutes. On the 74th minutes Axel Witsel was playmaker again picking up new signing Bas Dost with a clever ball, and the Dutch striker shown why Harris wanted him so badly, finishing with a superb looping header.

35895_1360227614.jpg

MOTM - Jordi Alba

The game finished 2-1 with Jordi Alba picking up the man of the match award and Valencia picked up their first 3 points of the season, here's what Harris had to say after the game:

I'm delighted with the lads, we had a lot of new faces in the line up today so I thought it'd take a while for things to click but we were fantastic. Everyone played a part and I'm very happy for Bas who will give us an extra dimension up top.