Re: Forum World Cup 2011

I was referring to Rangers (of course you cannot count mickey mouse league titles) but forgot that the same would work very well for Forest also!

Blimey machine' date=' why don't you just change your forum name to 'has-been' and have done with it![/quote']

Lol well if my teams are not the forces that they once were then at least I can't possibly be one of those glory hunters you referred to B)

Guess Leeds & Forest have both seen better days, but there's the old saying about better a "has-been" than a "never was" :D

Anyway in an attempt to get back on topic I will wish everyone (even you Radebe20 :rolleyes:;)) the best of luck for the Forum WC - may the individual who has improved the forum experience for the highest number of forumers win...! :)

Or alternatively (so i'm giving fair balance to the other viewpoint); may the individual who has made the (unspecified) acceptable number of posts across the (unspecified) acceptable number of threads and boards who has improved the forum experience for the highest number of the right sort of forumer i.e. whose rep is above the (unspecified) minimum level and who have proof that they have read and/or subscribed to the (unspecified) acceptable quantity of threads and boards win...! :)

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Forum World Cup 2011 Well, well, well. The Forum WC is our possibility to choose the most famous forum member. This certainly can't proofed by numbers - just like you can't tell who will win the

Re: Forum World Cup 2011 Well' date=' what can I say? Quality made in Germany ------------- I even have another figure. And it's even a more insignificant figure than the ones before. If we assum

The Format The main competition will consist of 32 teams with 8 groups and the winners going forth into a knockout phase. There will be 8 seeds (1 in each group) decided from rep levels a

It'll be a poll. At the moment we have 77 nominations so Sean and I will likely add a couple (if we get no more suggestions) to get us up to 80. That'll mean 8 qualifying groups with 10 people each and the top 3 will make it to the final competition.

Here's one of the qualifying rounds from last year's competition and here's the main 2010 discussion thread which has links to all the voting threads on it :)

right, looks good. Some work gone in here Stu - well done mate (and by well done, clearly I mean you really should get yourself a girlfriend or a hobby:D)

right' date=' looks good. Some work gone in here Stu - well done mate (and by well done, clearly I mean you really should get yourself a girlfriend or a hobby:D)[/quote']

Too true :o:p I'd be playing football but pulled my knee ligaments a few weeks ago :( That, and this is excellent procrastination instead of doing my degree :)

Too true :o:p I'd be playing football but pulled my knee ligaments a few weeks ago :( That' date=' and [b']this is excellent procrastination instead of doing my degree[/b] :)

Amen to that :P

I'd like to nominate Mikey, i have some good chat with him on the NFL thread and overall he's just a good dude.

Question: How frequently will each group be created? One each night?

Suggestion: How about putting the links to each group in the opening post' date=' for convenience purposes? :o:) Just a suggestion though - you guys are doing a great job regardless. :)[/quote']

One a night is the plan. There are two of us who can put them up so we shouldn't miss any out :)

And that can be arranged without any hassle :)

I used to like to do this when I ran it, and so I will do it again.

Group 1

Group 1 was released late last night, and the votes have already been steaming in. In what could be described as a shock to some, Garymack has surged into an early lead. Barry has also surged in early, but into Rohit's more tender regions, rather than a lead. Those 2, along with Jonaldinho and one time moderator, Tom, are seemingly heading already for the exit. Ryan's Tornado isn't causing much of a storm, and the only place DerbyPower is powering is down the leaderboard. He is however still in with half a chance, along with Dermo who is maybe the pick of the bunch at 8/1 to qualify from the top 3. Second place is as tight as Rohit's arssehole was, before Barry got hold of it, with only one point separating Lensois and Zakkoo. Lensois is feeling so nervous about it that he's turned a funny shade of yellow, while Zak is so desperate for votes that he's got his breasts out! Perhaps the second best bet from this group, get 3/1 on Zak getting a vote from someone outside of an EC.

Group 2 to follow...

I used to like to do this when I ran it' date=' and so I will do it again.

[b']Group 1[/b]

Group 1 was released late last night, and the votes have already been steaming in. In what could be described as a shock to some, Garymack has surged into an early lead. Barry has also surged in early, but into Rohit's more tender regions, rather than a lead. Those 2, along with Jonaldinho and one time moderator, Tom, are seemingly heading already for the exit. Ryan's Tornado isn't causing much of a storm, and the only place DerbyPower is powering is down the leaderboard. He is however still in with half a chance, along with Dermo who is maybe the pick of the bunch at 8/1 to qualify from the top 3. Second place is as tight as Rohit's arssehole was, before Barry got hold of it, with only one point separating Lensois and Zakkoo. Lensois is feeling so nervous about it that he's turned a funny shade of yellow, while Zak is so desperate for votes that he's got his breasts out! Perhaps the second best bet from this group, get 3/1 on Zak getting a vote from someone outside of an EC.

Group 2 to follow...

This is is default status - he need's no desperation for the chapel hat pegs to be on show!

Class stuff Radebe - made me chuckle good and proper that:D

This is is default status - he need's no desperation for the chapel hat pegs to be on show!

Class stuff Radebe - made me chuckle good and proper that:D

I think this year I'm gunna do them all on a separate thread, just so they don't get lost in all the arguments (when the arrive!). Will just spam this thread with the link :)

Taken from - A light hearted look at the Forumer's World Cup.

Group 2

The real question here isn't who's gunna win this group, the real question is what the hell does Magic J stand for? Magic Jelly beans? Magic Jumper? Was it a typo for Magic Mushrooms?, Magic Sponge? God knows, anyway, Magic Man's currently stuck in second, right up funny man EdMoses' arrse. That's an experience one of our other contenders, Elton, is all too familiar with, having been quite partial to a 'rocketman' or two in his time. He shares third with 3 others, BenNewman, SwanseaJack, and the infamous Infernito, who is said to have become so disillusioned with Arsene Wenger that he has gone and joined a monastery. Elohim and arampage are 1 point from bottom, though not out of it, and the bet of the day is for arampage to go on a rampage and win the group at 100/1. There's also a money back special if EdMoses lives up to his name and walks on water or whatever his special talent is. Bringing up there rear and making Elton extremely jealous, are Safir and JinxMillion. The former, who it has been well documented suffers with SoccerManager addiction, is looking favourite to come bottom of this group, while JinxMillion is 1/9 to break his Jinx and get off the mark.

Apologies to whoever nominated me but I don't wish to be considered for Forumer of the year. Not after previous years competitions.

Likewise .. despite Toms great work and finest of intentions' date=' what went on last time out, still brings a bad taste to my mouth, a whole group of forumers were left unprotected as their collective characters was left open to ridicule by a trouble making individual who did not even have the intergitry to pursue the matter via PM's. I said at the time I'll have nothing more to do with it, and i stand by that. [/color']

Likewise .. despite Toms great work and finest of intentions' date=' what went on last time out, still brings a bad taste to my mouth, a whole group of forumers were left unprotected as their collective characters was left open to ridicule by a trouble making individual who did not even have the intergitry to pursue the matter via PM's. I said at the time I'll have nothing more to do with it, and i stand by that. [/color']

Don't think anyone can blame it on one single person Dave.

Depends on your perspective of course but your'e probably right' date=' anyhow good to see you back on the forum Tom :)[/color']

I'm always right Dave ;) From a relatively unbiased opinion, there were a number of people involved in last years fracas, some of which are no longer on the forum.

This year is nothing to do with me but it is a shame on Sean's and Stuart's behalf to see you withdraw.

I will see you around here somewhere in the not so distant future I am sure Dave :)